The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hbk4894

What are you currently thinking about

Back after way too long and just caught up on the news about G.G.  My deepest condolences, Mike, and thank you for sharing her story with us.

Thank you, I hope everything is fine with you and yours, Talking about G.G. over the computer was/is very calming for me. When you talk to somebody in real time, they sometimes want to add something or say something. But here, I'm alone with my thoughts and at the same time being heard by you all. You "guys" helped me through a tough time just my reading my stuff. THANK YOU ALL !  BENNY will never fit the hole in my heart that I have for G.G. but he is becoming my new Companion/Therapy dog pretty quick and will soon fill his own niche in my heart. 

Poor sweet Tardar Sauce, AKA Grumpy Cat. Her death on Tuesday at the age of 7 has left a big hole. Although she had feline dwarfism, she was beautiful. Rest in peace, sweetpea, you have a place in the garden of tranquility.   ⚘

20190517_184412.jpg

R.I.P. Grumpy Cat.

Hope she's playing with G.G. at the Rainbow Bridge right now. 

How hard it's going to be for me to get to 50,000 posts before KAREN does.

Wondering whether I can get to 10,000 posts before a certain someone attempts to ban me in a certain other thread...

Wondering what Miss Kitka has done to be concerned about getting banned!

Been wondering this for ages, genuine curiosity: how come the A-Z: Boys Names thread has more pages than the girls one?

Don't worry, I'm not making a big deal of it, I actually am curious.  :)

I'm gonna suggest a possible answer to Miss Kitka's question, if it makes sense anyway.

When someone posts an answer to a thread, that thread automatically goes to the top of the forum. I'm assuming now, that most of us clicks 'next unread topic' when they've finished posting. Now,  when there are a few of us posting at the same time, most of the threads will get multiple posts, and others not get any because as soon as one person posts, that thread automatically becomes the next unread topic for everyone else in the forum. These top few threads then become "Hot Topics".

So my theory is that 'Boy's Names' has been a "Hot Topic" more frequently than 'Girls Names' simply because it happened to be at the top of the forum more often during a busy posting session (for want of a better term) than the 'Girls Names'.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I have a different theory. Not that KARENs answer isn't true at times, but I think this site has usually had more females than males. I've noticed over time that just

boys names come up on their own even in the quiet times. And maybe because gals think of guys more?  

That's alright, I've been here for a while so I notice things (LOL).