Tripper

episodes
1007 'The Veracity Elasticity' (November 3)

56 posts in this topic

Posted

On 04/11/2016 at 1:37 AM, 3ku11 said:

Great episode. Very good writing overall. Just a fun and silly old style TBBT episode. And I enjoyed seeing the gang reunite. Had to laugh at Raj though "I am just going to eat, I have no say in any of this". I counted though first 3 and a half minutes. Lenny got ten seconds of screen time. Shamy had like a full 3 minutes of scenes, well one scene at 4B. Then it was 2 mins at Cal-Tech, loved seeing that place again. Then it was like a minute and a bit for Pamy. So Lenny got ten seconds watching FWF, and their one liners. So guess what I am saying is, I felt i Was watching The Shamy Show at times. I loved seeing the gang again. But guess my point is like to see more balance between the characters on screen. Shamy are still taking up way too much screentime. 

The Sex Dungeon Scene lived up, my god. That is the most sexiest Penny has looked in years. I am guessing the reason Kaley is looking so damn great atm, is her personal life has a great balance right now. I instantly thought though, was that Johnny and Kaley's sex life when they were dating? hahahah. I agree it was so over the top and hilraous. I well say it again, alot of the appeal of TBBT for me was Penny. To see her return to her old self cannon wise. Her long hair. Young, Sexy Penny. IS exactly the spike this show needed. So it is great. And I really loved the last scene with Lenny. After all the snark, it was refreshing to be reminded of the love they share, that is so obvious. That they love each other. Leonard storaging Penny's stuff in the Tag, was so great and funny. This show despite its many issues lol, feels alot more refreshed. Opposed to 8 and 9. It feels like a new premise. It has a I Love Lucy premise feel to it atm. That is kinda opening the show to me in a  new way. I am not saying it well go down as the best season ever. But it is the first time in a while, I can watch an episode, despite the continued diminishing of Lenny. And enjoy the show overall. Just my wish for the rest of the season, is Lenny get more stories. get alot more screen time. And they give Shamy Stories a rest for the rest of the season. And give the rest of the characters screen time. Johnny is so underrated too. The most mportant cog in the show imo, he is the rock. It does feel the show has been revamped. The initial premise was the hot girl moves in next door. IT now feels this weird couple living across from this even more weird couple lol. 

Very much agree. I get the impression the editing is all wrong which throws off the pace. The Shamy scenes go on about 2 minutes after they should have cut to the next scene, and the Lenny scenes are cut too short, particularly their last scene together.

Big relief - it was rumoured the sex dungeon scene was going to be censored for the UK, but we got it as far as Penny saying "we turned your room into a sex dungeon" - was there any more.? There was a stil beforehand of L with his glasses tucked into the top leather strap of his costume that I didn't see in the scene.

On 05/11/2016 at 5:51 PM, Lady in Red said:

What do you expect from someone from East Texas? :icon_biggrin:

It would have been more like Sheldon to know how to pronounce Budapest. Perhaps the writers don't know.

Posted (edited)

How is it that Sheldon is fluent in Klingon, yet he couldn't master even the basics of Mandarin?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

How is it that Sheldon is fluent in Klingon, yet he couldn't master even the basics of Mandarin?

Because Mandarin is more difficult and he was just a beginner when he tried to use it.

How many languages have you learned and which, if I may ask?

sdffcx, Lagernisse and veejay like this

Posted

12 minutes ago, April said:

Because Mandarin is more difficult and he was just a beginner when he tried to use it.

LOL

Posted

8 hours ago, April said:

Does Quenya count?  

Posted

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Does Quenya count?  

I'd put it on the same level as Klingon. lol (I learned a bit of Sindarin as a teen, fun times!)