Tripper

1008 'The Brain Bowl Incubation' (November 10)

'The Brain Bowl Incubation' - Season 10, Episode 8 
Airs Thursday, November 10 at 20:00 on CBS.

After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he's dating does for a living.

• Like 6

Loved it!!

"Anything you'd like to pet?"   

Edited by RoRo
  • Like 5

Poor Raj ! Will he never learn ? Once more he's convinced he's in love after one glance. Why does he always do that ? Poor Issabella. Will any of this come to something this time ?

3 minutes ago, RoRo said:

Loved it!!

"Anything you want to pet?"   

Yes

• Like 2

Wow! I'm not sure...but this could be the episode in which Leonard and Penny had the least time on-screen ever. Did they even reach one minute?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Wow! I'm not sure...but this could be the episode in which Leonard and Penny had the least time on-screen ever. Did they even reach one minute?

Hey per average they gt 15 seconds. If they get one minute, I am a happy man :D. 

• Like 1

Well I have to say it's a little disappointing for me as a shipper. I didn't see anything related to coitus or Sheldon's desire like I had thought. It really was all for reproduction. Sheldon was willing to have a baby with Amy back in season 4, so, like, what's new...

Also as a girl who doesn't find JP attractive, my poor eyes...

But overall it was a hilarious episode. I laughed out loud several times.

• Like 1

As a Shamy shipper, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode very much.   Seeing Shamy working together on a science experiment was delightful.   Sheldon loves their joint creation and his girl so much, he is excited to make a baby with her right there in the lab.  I have no doubt at all that he was extremely turned on.   It kind of reminds me of the time Sheldon was going to write a contract and Penny told Amy they were going to make out hard that night.    

The whole Spanish seduction efforts put forth by Sheldon were both ridiculously hilarious and sexy hot!   "Do you want to pet something?"  Yeah!   Sheldon wants Amy to play with him.    So much for not wanting to be touched!  He's touching himself all over in the lab for goodness sakes.

Lenny wasn't in the episode much, but I have to say that is the first time I recall actually seeing Leonard taking food heartily into his mouth.  I loved the line about him not having to eat broccoli because he is married.   It is so true how some of us let ourselves ago once we are attached, but in my book he is very attractive in his own way.

Raj is still being Raj, falling in love at first sight and then screwing it all up.   I liked Isabella, but I just didn't exactly feel a vibe with her and Rajesh.  I really miss Emily.

I guess Howard had most of the night off, only showing up long enough to out Raj's lies.   

The main thing I enjoyed about Bernadette and Sheldon's debate was seeing how proud Sheldon was of his and Amy's creation.  I'm glad Amy put a stop to his trying to one up Howardette's baby and that Sheldon acknowledged in the end there really was no comparison to be made.

Amy told Lenny she loves Sheldon.   Music to my ears!

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

As a Shamy shipper, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode very much.   Seeing Shamy working together on a science experiment was delightful.   Sheldon loves their joint creation and his girl so much, he is excited to make a baby with her right there in the lab.  I have no doubt at all that he was extremely turned on.   It kind of reminds me of the time Sheldon was going to write a contract and Penny told Amy they were going to make out hard that night.    

The whole Spanish seduction efforts put forth by Sheldon were both ridiculously hilarious and sexy hot!   "Do you want to pet something?"  Yeah!   Sheldon wants Amy to play with him.    So much for not wanting to be touched!  He's touching himself all over in the lab for goodness sakes.

Lenny wasn't in the episode much, but I have to say that is the first time I recall actually seeing Leonard taking food heartily into his mouth.  I loved the line about him not having to eat broccoli because he is married.   It is so true how some of us let ourselves ago once we are attached, but in my book he is very attractive in his own way.

Raj is still being Raj, falling in love at first sight and then screwing it all up.   I liked Isabella, but I just didn't feel a vibe with her and Rajesh.  I really miss Emily.

I guess Howard had most of the night off, only showing up long enough to out Raj's lies.   

The only thing I enjoyed about Bernadette and Sheldon's debate was seeing how proud Sheldon was of his and Amy's creation.  I'm glad Amy put a stop to his insults toward Howardette's baby.

Amy told Lenny she loves Sheldon.   Music to my ears!

I agree, seeing Raj's with Isabella made me miss Emily.

Actually after this episode, I want Emily back.

• Like 4

I wonder what anyone who cleans for a living thinks of this episode ? Two of our gang were waitresses and two others married them. Lots of people do that sort of job because it's convenient, fits round small children's school hours or a spouse's working hours, helps put adult children through university, is easy to get if you're new to a country like the Russian physicist who was a janitor on Sheldon's quiz panel, fits in with advanced study, early showbiz career or writing. It's not something I could do myself,even as a student, because I'm far too slatternly and clumsy for anyone to employ me cleaning or waiting, but I've known people who have done it. Are real cleaners offended by the idea that anyone,even a douche like Raj who's gone out with a barmaid, would  find it embarrassing or shaming to be associated with one ? 

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

I actually think Lucy is best for Raj. She was the only one who made him tolerable. And likeable. Seems to me they are trying to teach Raj an existensial lesson lol. Show sure love those don't they. I don't think it is extreme as show needs to end this season. Season Ten has brought new life into the show, but the potential it has shown. Is being ruined because of how they are under utilizing, all the other characters. They are so luckey to have Kaley, Johnny, Simon e.t.c. Use them more! The balance between the characters on screen has been a major issue since Season 7. And I don't see that changing any time soon. I am too sick of Sheldon. But it's his show now. If this continues I may tune out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I actually think Lucy is best for Raj. She was the only one who made him tolerable. And likeable. Seems to me they are trying to teach Raj an existensial lesson lol. Show sure love those don't they. I don't think it is extreme as show needs to end this season. Season Ten has brought new life into the show, but the potential it has shown. Is being ruined because of how they are under utilizing, all the other characters. They are so luckey to have Kaley, Johnny, Simon e.t.c. Use them more! The balance between the characters on screen has been a major issue since Season 7. And I don't see that changing any time soon. I am too sick of Sheldon. But it's his show now. If this continues I may tune out. 

I think the others will shine after December.

Congrats to Mayim for having more screen-time than the three leads in this episode! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 9

I feel so unbelievably sorry for Johnny and Kaley. They seem to love acting and they get to do absolutely nothing anymore. You're both rich already, just jump ship. This borders on insulting.

I'm barely hanging on here. These writers make me loathe Sheldon. Congrats.

I liked Raj in this episode, though. He screwed up but he was actually sweet. That's the one good thing I'll say about this episode.

• Like 6

The first half of the episode (the Shamy science part) was really good, it was old school Shamy quirkiness.

But from the moment Sheldon tries to seduce Amy, I wanted to vomit.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, notchinc said:

I think the others will shine after December.

Umm yeah I respecitively disagree. Been told that in the past, never happened. It's the Shamy Show now. And that's fine if your a shipper. IF not then well..

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Lenny 1:11 with Raj and Howard, 1:00 with Amy walking up the stairs, 13 seconds with Amy in 4A, and three, two second shots, reacting to Sheldon dancing.  No time alone.   Why bother with the prequel, they could cut around three and a half million in salary (Cut Johnny, Kaley, Kunal, Simon, and Melissa, with a couple hundred thousand for new actors, a half a million raise for Mayim, and just literally turn this into the Shamy Show.

I somehow can't believe we'll see any difference in the second half.  Having been told that for the last two years, and it not happening, kinda makes hard to accept.      

agreed.gif

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I feel so unbelievably sorry for Johnny and Kaley. [...] This borders on insulting.

I agree. As an actor who's supposed to play a main character, I would have feel insulted when I got the script for this episode. Johnny and Kaley's lines easily fitted on a post-it-note. Were the writers really clueless to such an extent, they didn't know what to do with Lenny?

Edited by luminous
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, luminous said:

I agree. As an actor who's supposed to play a main character, I would have feel insulted when I got the script for this episode. Johnny and Kaley's lines easily fitted on a post-it-note. Were the writers really clueless to such an extent, they didn't know what to do with Lenny?

Yeah I well say TPTB have rested on their larells with Lenny. That and they have gone lazy. I think with limited time in the show left. They are clearly putting all their energy into advancing Shamy. That means their is limited thought processing for the other characters. Therefore Lenny being diminished. When it comes to that, this is S8 level. But I love the show so i well keep watching, for that hope things change.