1008 'The Brain Bowl Incubation' (November 10)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't be the only one getting sick of Sheldon

Lenny 1:11 with Raj and Howard, 1:00 with Amy walking up the stairs, 13 seconds with Amy in 4A, and three, two second shots, reacting to Sheldon dancing.  No time alone.   Why bother with the prequel,

That seems to be exactly the point. Raj grew up in a very privileged environment and still lives a very comfy life with a job in academia and being pampered by his parents. It easy to see how he came

Posted Images

Overall it was a hilarious episode. I laughed out loud several times, sexy Sheldon was quite madness! have missed shamy lab scenes and I was happy to see Amy working with her usual passion for science. The way things turned in the end was a classical Sheldon overreacting but in a very funny way. It made all sense Amy refused his tries but it was very cool to see Sheldon's  dance made Amy motor run!

I have mixing feelings about Raj and Isabella. The idea of an older woman for him was good but Raj still be too much immature for the kind of emotional bagagge Isabella might have. To me it seemed more that  Raj just wanted to find a new woman but I hope I was wrong about it.

It was nice to see Bernie and shamy sharing tea time.  

Cant wait for see what's next for all characters in upcoming  episodes. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

At this rate I do agree, maybe they should cut both Johnny and Kaley's salaries. As while they are both worth a million an episode. Their work on the show is not reflecting it. That way cut Simon and Kunal's too. Give Mayim a half a million dollar raise. Officially turn it into The Shamy Show. I am sure Johnny and Kaley won't say so. But if I was them, I would get secretly disgruntled at the lack of time and role i have in the show. And I prefer Geeky/Scientific Shamy. Sheldon seducing Amy, Vomit. 

4 hours ago, Judith said:

Congrats to Mayim for having more screen-time than the three leads in this episode! :icon_biggrin:

Poor Mayim...working as a leading ..earning like an intern ...lol

Agree that lab scenes were good..seduction part not so much fun for me..they should reduce the time imo . 

Unbalance of characters worries me too.

• Like 2

Not a good episode. All of the sudden forgotten and dreadfully pathetic Raj gets major scene time. And unfunny screen time. And Sheldon goes from grudgingly having sex once a year to trying to seduce Amy in very creepy ways. Sorry...not funny.

• Like 5

I thought it was a good episode, it didn't hit the heights of last weeks which imo was truly one the best they have ever done but it had its moments.

The return of Science Amy! I had missed some of those Amy in her lab scenes and Amy in her scientific element is why she is my favorite character on the show. The lab scenes were very funny but also coupled with some real science so I LOVED it.

I went in more detail on the Shamy thread but well done Amy spotting that Sheldon was having one of his overreaction moments to a new idea or experience and standing her ground. It must have been tough lol especially after the Flamenco dance which clearly got her all hot and bothered lol. But what she did was correct, they aren't ready for a child and an experiment about creation certainly isn't a reason for having one.

Jim doing some fantastic physical comedy must have had a blast doing it. Can't wait to see if there are any bloopers, they must have cracked up at least a couple of times filming those scenes lol

I really got into the Raj storyline this week and for the first time in ages. I am interested to see where this Raj/Isabella storyline might go hopefully could be a real life changing moment for him.

Good episode, a bit silly at times but funny and light-hearted.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Chiany said:

But from the moment Sheldon tries to seduce Amy, I wanted to vomit.

Something for once we agree on. Not exactly like Penny seducing Leonard. JMO I'd rather see Penny bending over than Sheldon.

10 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Also as a girl who doesn't find JP attractive, my poor eyes...

Actually it was much worse for a guy watching that.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Something for once we agree on. Not exactly like Penny seducing Leonard. JMO I'd rather see Penny bending over than Sheldon.

Even though Penny/Kaley is not my type, I agree.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jenafan said:

The main thing I enjoyed about Bernadette and Sheldon's debate was seeing how proud Sheldon was of his and Amy's creation.  I'm glad Amy put a stop to his trying to one up Howardette's baby and that Sheldon acknowledged in the end there really was no comparison to be made.

The debate was funny for about 10 seconds. Then it just got insulting to Bernadette and anyone woman carrying a baby. Their "creation" was nothing compared to Howdette's. And Sheldon I recall didn't say their was no comparison he basically said we have to agree to disagree.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Overall it was a hilarious episode. I laughed out loud several times, sexy Sheldon was quite madness! have missed shamy lab scenes and I was happy to see Amy working with her usual passion for science. The way things turned in the end was a classical Sheldon overreacting but in a very funny way. It made all sense Amy refused his tries but it was very cool to see Sheldon's  dance made Amy motor run!

I agree with you, as a girl, I thought Sheldon was funny, different, ridiculous  yet he  looked somewhat charming and cute ! From the spoilers   I wasn't sure I was going to like it but I ended up laughing. I liked JP's physical comedy . I think he is just adorable. Amy  also had great dead pan comebacks and at the same time I liked that she declared her love for Sheldon. And her expression in the last scene was pretty  funny. Loved the lab scenes too. Not everyone's cup of tea, ofcourse but overall I  liked Shamy in this  episode more than I thought I would (9x11 reference haha). As a one off episode , it was drama free and nice to see. 

I liked Raj's plot too but I'm surprised there have been  absolutely no mentions of Emily or Claire in the last 8 episodes. He just mentioned he is single again . How/Why/When he got single, I have no idea. Are they pretending that never happened ?

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I liked Raj's plot too but I'm surprised there have been  absolutely no mentions of Emily or Claire in the last 8 episodes. He just mentioned he is single again . How/Why/When he got single, I have no idea. Are they pretending that never happened ?

He's been single since 10x05 - presumably the girls dumped him shortly before. That's all we know and that's probably all we ever get unless Issabella manages to get some information out of him.

Edited by April
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder what anyone who cleans for a living thinks of this episode ? Two of our gang were waitresses and two others married them. Lots of people do that sort of job because it's convenient, fits round small children's school hours or a spouse's working hours, helps put adult children through university, is easy to get if you're new to a country like the Russian physicist who was a janitor on Sheldon's quiz panel, fits in with advanced study, early showbiz career or writing. It's not something I could do myself,even as a student, because I'm far too slatternly and clumsy for anyone to employ me cleaning or waiting, but I've known people who have done it. Are real cleaners offended by the idea that anyone,even a douche like Raj who's gone out with a barmaid, would  find it embarrassing or shaming to be associated with one ? 

As someone who previously worked in janitorial for more than a few years, allow me to field this one. Yes, it's very offensive. Cleaning is honest work that pays the bills. Just because someone does this for a living does not make them less of a person, nor is it a reflection of their intelligence. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'd rather clean toilets than sit in an ivory tower and look down my nose at people I deem lesser than myself. We're all worm food in the end.

• Like 8

I found the idea that Raj being embarrassed of Isabella sort of going back to how he was raised and his parents, because they would never accept her.  Really the only non-Indian girl that Raj dated that had a chance of being accepted by his parents was Emily, because she was a doctor, giving her an in with his father.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Judith said:

Congrats to Mayim for having more screen-time than the three leads in this episode! :icon_biggrin:

So that for you is a reason to congratulate her? That, for me, reeks of bad story telling, JMO.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

ROTFLOL and ROTFLOL! I LOVED this episode! Absolutely tremendous! I truly hope TPTB have more like this for us! Loved, loved, loved when Mrs. Gunderson knocked on the door of 4A and Leonard answered it with the underwear on his head! And the exchange! Classic TBBT!

Mrs Gunderson: 'Leonard! You have to be quiet! I can hear you and Penny 'yee-hawing' incessantly! It's coming right through my ceiling! Aww… Leonard, did you know you have underwear on your head?'

(Pulling his robe tighter around his body, Leonard rolls his eyes up to his forehead, trying to see the forgotten tighty-whiteys that are stretched over his head)

Leonard: (trying to regain composure) 'No! No! Mrs. Gunderson! It's not what you think … it's my cowboy … hat. You see, Penny's from Nebraska and it's … a holiday there … and we're … just … celebrating … it.'

Mrs Gunderson: (eyes narrow, looks suspicious) 'What holiday?'

Leonard: 'Why … it's … Horse … of Course Day. You know … the day where Nebraskans celebrate their … horses. And you have to wear ... a cowboy hat … to celebrate Horse of Course Day ...'

Mrs Gunderson: (looks dubious) 'Of course ...'

Leonard: (happily) See! You get it! So … because I don't have a cowboy hat … I thought I'd use Sheldon's underwear … for my white … cowboy … hat … (uncomfortably clears throat)

Mrs Gunderson: 'Of course.'

Leonard: (triumphantly) 'Horse of Course!'

Mrs Gunderson: 'Not a good save. (turns to leave) And grease your metal mattress frame. It's squeaking so much it sounds like there's a family of mice in the ceiling playing with dog toys.'

Leonard: (pulls underwear from head, defeated and embarrassed) 'Yes, ma'am.' (closes door and turns to see Penny right behind him)

Penny: (staring at Leonard in disbelief) 'Horse of Course Day?'

Leonard: 'You try thinking of a lie right on the spot! it's too much pressure!'

Penny: 'Well, cowboy. You know what this means? We're just gonna celebrate Horse of Course Day on Sheldon's Spot. Come 'mere. And put your cowboy hat back on.' (Penny lays down on couch).

Leonard: (happily as he puts the underwear back on his head as he make his way to the sofa) 'Yes, ma'am!'

Loved this whole exchange! Oh! But wait! I guess I should have been clearer. This scene was the fun that I imagined Leonard and Penny were having off screen. 

One positive thing with watching the show off screen are that you decide yourself what is going to happen. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 7

On 11.11.2016 at 8:29 PM, 5Mississippis said:

ROTFLOL and ROTFLOL! I.........

Loved this whole exchange! Oh! But wait! I guess I should have been clearer. This scene was the fun that I imagined Leonard and Penny were having off screen. 

Thank you! I laughed out loud so hard (for the first time today and of course "on-scream" on my notebook).

Again, thank you so much! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

Well not much i can say about this episode other than i was quite bored with it,it was nice to see Raj have his own plot but i can't see that going anywhere.Sheldon and Amy was awkward Sheldon wanted a baby with Amy for the wrong reason,but his attempts to seduced her where sort of entertaining in a way.As for Sheldon's question to the Hofstadter's the look on the faces says no they weren't

I love this episode!I laugh very loud especially when Sheldon tried to seduce Amy with the flamenco!it was very hilarious that part!it was interesting the science part!the only one thing that I have doubts is why Sheldon wanted a baby?when is born this desire to have children?the discussion with Bernadette was the cause?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

1 hour ago, April said:

That seems to be exactly the point. Raj grew up in a very privileged environment and still lives a very comfy life with a job in academia and being pampered by his parents. It easy to see how he came to have these limited views about blue collar jobs - especially something like cleaning. The show was definitely siding with Issabella though by portraying her in a positive light and as a likeable character and it's Raj who's clearly in the wrong and Issabella isn't having any of his nonsense. I really liked that.

I liked Isabella as well, she is a hard working woman (two jobs are pretty tough, I admire her for accomplishing both jobs), proud and grounded. I hope that the purpose of her appearance is to open Raj's eyes about life and to cut the cord from his parents and become responsible for his own life and pay his bills by himself. He can't expect his parents to do that for the rest of their lifes. It's about time he learns the value of money and to be less lavish with it. I don't know why his parents didn't stopped giving him money years ago.

They should have done that after he spent thousands of dollars for this deaf girl he just had met,  at the latest. 

And maybe she can teach him a few more lessons more about life. 

And maybe he can give back the favor by coddling her with his cooking knowledge and massages and compliments, she seems to be someone who sacrifices herself to get her son a good education and forgets to do something good for herself as well. 

• Like 6

• Tripper locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tripper unpinned this topic