vonmar

TBBT Prequel.

296 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The trailer looks nice. I will surely check out this show. The children seem great choices for the roles and who is Shelley seem to have same facial expressions than adult Sheldon, lol! This can be fun! :)

Edited by spidergirl
dana1010, mirs1, Soopysue and 2 others like this

Posted

14 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Zoe Perry sounded so much like Laurie Metcalf.

That was kinda scary, actually. When she called little Sheldon to dinner, for a moment I thought it was Laurie and not Zoe. Wow.

spidergirl, mirs1, Soopysue and 5 others like this

Posted

7 minutes ago, nusspot said:

That was kinda scary, actually. When she called little Sheldon to dinner, for a moment I thought it was Laurie and not Zoe. Wow.

Ditto!

joyceraye and nusspot like this

Posted

From The Hollywood Reporter

CBS' New Show Trailers: A Critic's Ranking

3) Young Sheldon - Young Sheldon truly fascinates me. The pitch seems to be, "What if we spun off the most successful of our on-brand multi-cam comedies as... an ABC single-camera?" You put Young Sheldon in a row with The Goldbergs and Fresh Off The Boat and The Middle and it's a wholly compatible lineup. Put it after The Big Bang Theory and you're hoping that Jim Parson's voice will be enough connective tissue. Iain Armitage looks like OK casting as Young Sheldon. He was good in Big Little Lies. The clips accentuated Sheldon at his most socially awkward and unaware, but the end suggested some awareness of the heart that helped The Big Bang Theoryuse Sheldon properly, a process that was far from immediate. I don't think Young Sheldon seems like it has found its voice either, but you know who has found her voice? Zoe Perry. My gracious the brilliance of casting Laurie Metcalf's real daughter in a role Laurie Metcalf has played well at a later age. That's just uncanny. Young Sheldon feels like an experiment that I may not enjoy, but that I'll be riveted to watching play out.

Posted

From Entertainment Tonight  (ET interview video in the link)

EXCLUSIVE: Jim Parsons Says 'Young Sheldon' Star Iain Armitage 'Popped Immediately' 

Jim Parsons is just as excited about Young Sheldon as we are!

The Big Bang Theory star serves as the narrator for CBS' anticipated fall comedy series, which tells the story of a 9-year-old Sheldon Cooper (Iain Armitage) as he grows up in East Texas, alongside his parents and two siblings. ET caught up with Parsons on Wednesday, where he gushed about his new show, which he will also serve as executive producer. <more in the link>

spidergirl, mirs1, Soopysue and 1 other like this

Posted

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Zoe Perry sounded so much like Laurie Metcalf.

Sort of wish in The church scene she would have said "I had him tested!".

mothandfire, bfm and serena_1995 like this

Posted

I watched the trailer and I still can't see this being a success. I just can't. I hope in a way I'm wrong, that when I see it I'll "get" it but I sure don't now. 

Posted

Saw the trailer seemed to cast well. But I agree just cannot see this being a success. For the audience well their pre conceived notions of Sheldon effect their viewing of a Young Sheldon? Maybe it well do better when the actual episode airs, but I don't know. 

Posted

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

From The Hollywood Reporter

CBS' New Show Trailers: A Critic's Ranking

3) Young Sheldon - Young Sheldon truly fascinates me. The pitch seems to be, "What if we spun off the most successful of our on-brand multi-cam comedies as... an ABC single-camera?" You put Young Sheldon in a row with The Goldbergs and Fresh Off The Boat and The Middle and it's a wholly compatible lineup. Put it after The Big Bang Theory and you're hoping that Jim Parson's voice will be enough connective tissue. Iain Armitage looks like OK casting as Young Sheldon. He was good in Big Little Lies. The clips accentuated Sheldon at his most socially awkward and unaware, but the end suggested some awareness of the heart that helped The Big Bang Theoryuse Sheldon properly, a process that was far from immediate. I don't think Young Sheldon seems like it has found its voice either, but you know who has found her voice? Zoe Perry. My gracious the brilliance of casting Laurie Metcalf's real daughter in a role Laurie Metcalf has played well at a later age. That's just uncanny. Young Sheldon feels like an experiment that I may not enjoy, but that I'll be riveted to watching play out.

Well, some critics have had nice surprises before about things they did not believe they would be good. Even our tbbt had a rejected pilot and here we are , 10 years later.  In fall we will find the whole true :)

Posted

Young Sheldon never had an different pilot. Most of the time when a tv show it sent straight to pilot. Means it needs work ons. Bit different with TBBT. I have a feeling this whole thing well flop. But who knows. 

Posted

I really wasn't thinking I'd like this BUT I've seen the trailer now & I'm sold !!!
I think it looks cute & funny, Amy was in the trailer .....plus Jim narrates it - what's not to love, so far .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Young Sheldon never had an different pilot. Most of the time when a tv show it sent straight to pilot. Means it needs work ons. Bit different with TBBT. I have a feeling this whole thing well flop. But who knows. 

I know. My point was some things that were expected to be bad sometimes surprise for be not so bad. Who knows what "Young Sheldon" will be after all.

Posted

If enough people can see bits of themselves in the characters it could possibly catch on. For example the bit where he pushes the swing, says "played" and walks away is something I can relate to.

Posted

Looks cute. Ian is adorable and I love that he looks a lot like Jim but I think the dialogue is a little big on him. This is just the trailer though, I believe he will get more into the character later. Missy was great! Such a little girl managed to nail her lines! And while Zoe doesn't look much like her mother she sure as hell sounds like her! That was awesome I totally got Mary from it, made me feel some familiarity in all the novelty. 

The set indeed looks very much like The Middle's. 

Posted

6 hours ago, Soopysue said:

I really wasn't thinking I'd like this BUT I've seen the trailer now & I'm sold !!!
I think it looks cute & funny, Amy was in the trailer emoji7.png.....plus Jim narrates it - what's not to love, so far ..... emoji7.pngemoji51.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember seeing Amy in the trailer. Maybe I saw something different?

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I am so interested in seeing the characters of George Jr., Missy and especially George Sr. fleshed out.  From the trailer we get a small glimpse of each of them and you can see the parts of their characters that Sheldon has described, even if only briefly.  BUT we also got to see just a tiny bit more.  The scene toward the end of the trailer where George Sr. explains why they moved was touching (as what it resulted in) and gave a kinder picture of Sheldon's dad than what we know from TBBT.  These ancillary characters are what is going to draw me in......

bfm, serena_1995, joyceraye and 1 other like this

Posted

The kid reminds me of Forrest Gump

Posted

This all sounds very exciting. I haven't found a viewable (from central England ) trailer anywhere yet, just an advert with stills. Looking forward to it.

Posted

25 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Lovely caption from Iain, who plays young Sheldon...

Iain is  so cute ! ❤

bfm and joyceraye like this

Posted

Seen it, thanks to Mirs1 !  I don't know whether we'll be getting this on this side of the pond. I think I'm going to like it. I had a boy like this in my very first class when I taught ten-year-olds. He excelled at many things but understanding why the others didn't like him wasn't one of them.

mirs1 likes this