vonmar

TBBT Prequel.

303 posts in this topic

Posted

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Could be sheldons first love their! Cute kids. This well flop though, guareenteed. Give it 5 episodes. 

I think she plays Missy.

spidergirl, djsurrey and mirs1 like this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think she plays Missy.

LOL. We do know Missy used to pick on Sheldon. So imagine if she is a loving sister hahahah. God this is going to flop so hard. Arrogance to me. 

Edited by 3ku11
legacy99 and joyceraye like this

Posted

I just wish they weren't planning to show this right after TBBT--that confuses things.  I think it would be better to show it on another night and act like its a seperate show.

Posted

10 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

I just wish they weren't planning to show this right after TBBT--that confuses things.  I think it would be better to show it on another night and act like its a seperate show.

I agree, but, from a business stand-point, it makes sense. They want to ride on the curtails of TBBT for the ratings and decent exposure. If it takes off, I could see CBS airing it elsewhere later on. However, for the first season, at least, I see them keeping it behind the original series.

bfm, notchinc, mirs1 and 2 others like this

Posted

IT could end up being as succesfull as Joey. OR as Succesfull as Fraiser. I well say some where in between. Casting is key. Seemed to got that down. I just think their is too much againgst it. I get judge it on merit. But I just feel people well have too many pre conceived notions of this project, to give it a fully fledged chance. Maybe if this prequel happened after the show ended. But I See it from a buisness stand point, riding the coat tails of TBBT ratings. 

Ginny Hamilton likes this

Posted

With this "Young Sheldon Cooper" prequel being ordered to series for the 2017-18 season, I don't think CBS can afford to lose a comedy hour to a drama at this point. With TBBT, Mom, 2 Broke Girls, Life in Pieces, Superior Donuts, Kevin Can Wait, and Man with a Plan, there is not going to be enough room for other new sitcoms on the CBS primetime schedule for 2017-18, especially if the network's comedy schedule is going to be reduced from a total of four hours to three hours.

Some commenters at TVByTheNumbers.com are suggesting an extra hour of drama to replace a comedy hour on CBS's primetime schedule.

Posted

On 3/23/2017 at 3:21 AM, mirs1 said:

I don't know, I think it really depends on the spin off. For example, you can watch NCIS-Los Angeles without knowing anything about NCIS.

There were more examples of this in the past, I think. They didn't try as hard to connect the shows as I remember it. One example would be Mork and Mindy. You didn't have to watch Happy Days to enjoy watching that and I think the same thing about Soap and Benson. Or All in the Family didn't have to be your favorite show for you to watch Maude. Maude especially had a whole different feel than All in the Family.

Nowadays they seem to want to connect a lot of things tighter in some cases, as it seems to be in the case if this Sheldon spin off.

joyceraye and hokie3457 like this

Posted

We should be getting a trailer for Young Sheldon tomorrow, when CBS announces their 2017-18 schedule and new series.

spidergirl, djsurrey and joyceraye like this

Posted

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

We should be getting a trailer for Young Sheldon tomorrow, when CBS announces their 2017-18 schedule and new series.

Oh....
hqdefault.jpg.5a0665d97b53190efd8bba5f739654b9.jpg

Posted

Getting to meet Sheldon's brother in this series is fun. But I hope this means we get to meet him in the normal show as an adult. 

Shamyfan95, bfm and joyceraye like this

Posted

17 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It is weird to see Sheldon not wearing  t shirts though.

Probably at that age it was him mother who chose his clothes and he just had to obey...I would love to see a "rebellious phase" when he starts to wear his TM two t-shirts. BTW, I still think that "The kid with two shirts" would have been a much better title that Young Sheldon, LOL!

bfm, spidergirl, joyceraye and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Probably at that age it was him mother who chose his clothes and he just had to obey...I would love to see a "rebellious phase" when he starts to wear his TM two t-shirts. BTW, I still think that "The kid with two shirts" would have been a much better title that Young Sheldon, LOL!

These clothes are more Mrs Mary  Cooper style for her son indeed , hehe!

Btw,  you guessed the title I think it would suit better the show, lol! We have minds alike! 

And so did Colonel Williams as he gave an alike nickname for adult Sheldon, Lol!

Edited by spidergirl
joyceraye, vonmar, mirs1 and 1 other like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

These clothes are more Mrs Mary  Cooper style for her son indeed , hehe!

Btw,  you guessed the title I think it would suit better the show, lol! We have minds alike! 

And so did Colonel Williams as he gave an alike nickname for adult Sheldon, Lol!

That's where I got the idea from...the writers should have trusted themselves more on this joke, it was really funny and it could have worked as a title for the spin-off! LOL!

Soopysue, spidergirl and joyceraye like this

Posted

2 hours ago, nusspot said:

The briefcase kills me.

Actually a recycled though misplaced joke. Leonard used to take a briefcase to school. 

mirs1, hokie3457 and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, nusspot said:

The briefcase kills me.

It's so sweet. His classmates would have had briefcases ,being six or seven years older, so he wouldn't have wanted to be seen carrying a Mickey Mouse satchel. I just want to eat him up.

Edited by joyceraye

Posted

2 minutes ago, nusspot said:

I really enjoy it. Love Missy! And I think the show is gonna do very well.

Zoe Perry sounded so much like Laurie Metcalf.

bfm, djsurrey, spidergirl and 5 others like this