The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Young Sheldon Development Discussion Thread

TBBT Sheldon mom..Laurie and Young Sheldon mom...Zoe at The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). Plus Puppies! 

Laurie has a new movie premiering there...

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

This kid has been casted as Billy Sparks, the boy who put a Mexican peso (which, sadly, is still there) up Sheldon's nose. Well, at least the writers remembered the name and didn't come up with other bullies, I see some continuity here, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mirs1 said:

This kid has been casted as Billy Sparks, the boy who put a Mexican peso (which, sadly, is still there) up Sheldon's nose. Well, at least the writers remembered the name and didn't come up with other bullies, I see some continuity here, LOL!

I liked they might show some funny situations from Sheldon's high school time, lol! As long as they are not the nasty ones, I am looking foward to them.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

I wonder how accurate Ian's portrayl of YS we'll be too cannon established in the mothership? Guess watch this space. I do recall Mary telling Sheldon how he was arrogant. And had no friends. Because he always told people how much smarter then everyone he was. So I Am expecting YS to be even more obnoxious as a kid. Well see. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I wonder how accurate Ian's portrayl of YS we'll be too cannon established in the mothership? Guess watch this space. I do recall Mary telling Sheldon how he was arrogant. And had no friends. Because he always told people how much smarter then everyone he was. So I Am expecting YS to be even more obnoxious as a kid. Well see. 

Yes, well they can fall back on memory being unreliable.

http://blog.ted.com/want-to-know-more-about-the-unreliable-nature-of-memory-read-this/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what i've seen in the various snippets available, he has much of the very early seasons Sheldon's obliviousness, in the sense he says things that are offensive but he doesn't percieve them as such, but he has more ''innocence'' and naiviete than older Sheldon, which helps in not finding him hideous, imo.

• Like 2

I will try to like this show. I will try to like this show. I will try to like this show.

Somehow I see the best part of the whole program being Jim Parson's narration.

(sigh)

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I will try to like this show. I will try to like this show. I will try to like this show.

Somehow I see the best part of the whole program being Jim Parson's narration.

(sigh)

I will try as well.  As long as they don't try to blur the lines and insert things from YS into TBBT. I would also extremely dislike cross-over characters from YS making appearances on TBBT.  I hope they keep it separate and don't feel the need to prop YS up if it starts to fail.....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Don't know yet.

Wasn't Jim already announced as a presenter? He may not be with Iain, but still.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Wasn't Jim already announced as a presenter? He may not be with Iain, but still.

Yes, Sah was asking if Jim and Iain were presenting together.  That's the unknown. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know of an episode count for the first season? 22-24? I would say the initial 13 with the option to pick-up the remaining 9 if it were just a regular new show, but the series seems to have bypassed hurdles that most series must overcome. Therefore, I'm not sure that they have to prove anything. CBS is probably already committed to a full season.

• Like 1

Here's a short clip of Jim and Iain uploaded to the official XFINITY channel last month:

• Haha 1