vonmar

Young Sheldon Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Could be sheldons first love their! Cute kids. This well flop though, guareenteed. Give it 5 episodes. 

I think she plays Missy.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think she plays Missy.

LOL. We do know Missy used to pick on Sheldon. So imagine if she is a loving sister hahahah. God this is going to flop so hard. Arrogance to me. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

I just wish they weren't planning to show this right after TBBT--that confuses things.  I think it would be better to show it on another night and act like its a seperate show.

10 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

I just wish they weren't planning to show this right after TBBT--that confuses things.  I think it would be better to show it on another night and act like its a seperate show.

I agree, but, from a business stand-point, it makes sense. They want to ride on the curtails of TBBT for the ratings and decent exposure. If it takes off, I could see CBS airing it elsewhere later on. However, for the first season, at least, I see them keeping it behind the original series.

• Like 5

IT could end up being as succesfull as Joey. OR as Succesfull as Fraiser. I well say some where in between. Casting is key. Seemed to got that down. I just think their is too much againgst it. I get judge it on merit. But I just feel people well have too many pre conceived notions of this project, to give it a fully fledged chance. Maybe if this prequel happened after the show ended. But I See it from a buisness stand point, riding the coat tails of TBBT ratings. 

• Like 1

With this "Young Sheldon Cooper" prequel being ordered to series for the 2017-18 season, I don't think CBS can afford to lose a comedy hour to a drama at this point. With TBBT, Mom, 2 Broke Girls, Life in Pieces, Superior Donuts, Kevin Can Wait, and Man with a Plan, there is not going to be enough room for other new sitcoms on the CBS primetime schedule for 2017-18, especially if the network's comedy schedule is going to be reduced from a total of four hours to three hours.

Some commenters at TVByTheNumbers.com are suggesting an extra hour of drama to replace a comedy hour on CBS's primetime schedule.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:21 AM, mirs1 said:

I don't know, I think it really depends on the spin off. For example, you can watch NCIS-Los Angeles without knowing anything about NCIS.

There were more examples of this in the past, I think. They didn't try as hard to connect the shows as I remember it. One example would be Mork and Mindy. You didn't have to watch Happy Days to enjoy watching that and I think the same thing about Soap and Benson. Or All in the Family didn't have to be your favorite show for you to watch Maude. Maude especially had a whole different feel than All in the Family.

Nowadays they seem to want to connect a lot of things tighter in some cases, as it seems to be in the case if this Sheldon spin off.

• Like 2

We should be getting a trailer for Young Sheldon tomorrow, when CBS announces their 2017-18 schedule and new series.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

We should be getting a trailer for Young Sheldon tomorrow, when CBS announces their 2017-18 schedule and new series.

Oh....
hqdefault.jpg.5a0665d97b53190efd8bba5f739654b9.jpg

• Like 3

Getting to meet Sheldon's brother in this series is fun. But I hope this means we get to meet him in the normal show as an adult. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It is weird to see Sheldon not wearing  t shirts though.

Edited by spidergirl
Silly mistake
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It is weird to see Sheldon not wearing  t shirts though.

Probably at that age it was him mother who chose his clothes and he just had to obey...I would love to see a "rebellious phase" when he starts to wear his TM two t-shirts. BTW, I still think that "The kid with two shirts" would have been a much better title that Young Sheldon, LOL!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Probably at that age it was him mother who chose his clothes and he just had to obey...I would love to see a "rebellious phase" when he starts to wear his TM two t-shirts. BTW, I still think that "The kid with two shirts" would have been a much better title that Young Sheldon, LOL!

These clothes are more Mrs Mary  Cooper style for her son indeed , hehe!

Btw,  you guessed the title I think it would suit better the show, lol! We have minds alike! 

And so did Colonel Williams as he gave an alike nickname for adult Sheldon, Lol!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

These clothes are more Mrs Mary  Cooper style for her son indeed , hehe!

Btw,  you guessed the title I think it would suit better the show, lol! We have minds alike! 

And so did Colonel Williams as he gave an alike nickname for adult Sheldon, Lol!

That's where I got the idea from...the writers should have trusted themselves more on this joke, it was really funny and it could have worked as a title for the spin-off! LOL!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nusspot said:

The briefcase kills me.

Actually a recycled though misplaced joke. Leonard used to take a briefcase to school. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, nusspot said:

The briefcase kills me.

It's so sweet. His classmates would have had briefcases ,being six or seven years older, so he wouldn't have wanted to be seen carrying a Mickey Mouse satchel. I just want to eat him up.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 3

From the CBS You Tube Channel...

• Like 7

Sheldon was watching Professor Proton in the trailer!

• Like 6

I liked it but I am easily entertained.

• Like 2

I really enjoy it. Love Missy! And I think the show is gonna do very well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nusspot said:

I really enjoy it. Love Missy! And I think the show is gonna do very well.

Zoe Perry sounded so much like Laurie Metcalf.

• Like 8