The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Young Sheldon Discussion Thread

Whether it is Dr Sturgis and Meemaw, or Grand Nagus Zek, and Moogie (Quark and Rom's mom) Wallace Shaun seems strongly submissive.

I loved seeing  Sheldon's short wave radio. It brought back happy memories of my life up to 2001.  It reminded me of what we did when we wanted to listen to an overseas station before the internet. I used to enjoy finding stations on short wave. Pre-Maggie we had to use short wave in order to listen to our own BBC World Service, believe it or not. I'd forgotten how delighted I was when I could get overseas radio on the computer and it was loud and clear compared to short wave reception. One of my favourite SW stations in the 1960s  was the Swedish one Sheldon and Dr Sturgis tuned in to but it had British presenters in the evening when we were listening. My sister and I liked it because it was clearer than Radio Luxembourg. I don't recall hearing the Nobel Prize announcements.  Most radios other than the little pocket-sized ones had long, medium (aka AM) and short wavebands on them.  It is so many years since I bought a radio I don't even know if they still do. FM aka VHF was a luxury for many years, found mainly on radiograms with external aerials (antennae), until they found a way to put it on portables.

For French stations long wave was best. The night HRH Diana Princess of Wales was injured I got up and went down and sat in my car where the long wave reception was good. All the French stations except one were playing solemn music. The one that was giving out news was saying she had died long before British radio or TV stations did.  I hardly ever use a radio now because the stations on my mobile phone are so convenient. Only two of my radios have short wave on them and they're rather old I suppose. 

The Young Sheldon cast is in Australia for promo work....

• Like 2

According to Amazon, Young Sheldon: The Complete Second Season will be released on September 3, 2019!

• Like 2

At The Logie Awards in Australia.  The Logie Awards celebrate achievement in Australian television.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 12:43 AM, Kev0821 said:

According to Amazon, Young Sheldon: The Complete Second Season will be released on September 3, 2019!

On 6/28/2019 at 2:05 PM, Tripper said:

Looks like there will be a Blu-ray release as well: https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25343

Here's an early look at the box art for the second season:

YS - S2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy 11th Birthday to Iain...

• Like 4

Hello Dr. Barnett.  TBBT and Young Sheldon cross paths again.

• Like 1

They're back to work on Young Sheldon...Season 3

• Like 6

Here are two posts that Ansley Rix shared in June and July, respectively:

From Variety

Young Hollywood Impact Report 2019

The eclectic talents on Variety’s annual Power of Young Hollywood list have all made an impact on showbiz in the past year. They may be singers, actors or YouTube stars, but they share one thing in common: show-stopping creativity. 

Iain Armitage - Actor

Armitage is back on the list after pulling double duty on-screen this past year: The star of CBS’ “Young Sheldon” returned to HBO’s “Big Little Lies” for an emotional storyline. With “Young Sheldon” picked up for seasons 3 and 4, and a role voicing Young Shaggy in “Scoob,” Armitage looks to be busy for the foreseeable future. “Maybe if you do something you enjoy and that makes other people happy, then it’s easy to have an impact,” says the 11-year-old. But don’t look for him on social media — he’s still “too young” to use it himself. “I like to look at the world more than looking at a phone.”

iain-armitage.jpg

• Like 1

From The Hollywood Reporter

Young Hollywood 2019: Top 30 Stars Under Age 18

Small but mighty, THR’s Young Hollywood 2019 honorees are punching above their weight. 

Iain Armitage

Age 11

Known for Big Little Lies, Young Sheldon

Though he grew up reviewing musicals on his YouTube channel Iain Loves Theatre, Armitage never thought he'd become an actor other critics wrote about. That changed when he landed the role of Ziggy on HBO's Big Little Lies. Now, the son of actor Euan Morton and theater producer Lee Armitage fronts his own series as a child version of Jim Parsons' Big Bang Theorycharacter on spinoff Young Sheldon, one of CBS' top-rated comedies. When he's not acting, he's practicing his "amateur magician" skills.

I’ve been most starstruck by ... "Ms. Chita Rivera."

How I celebrated landing my first big role "Jumped up and down."

I’m dying to work with ... "Mr. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Sir Ian McKellen."

My advice for adults "Don't use your phone too much."

What other kids don't get about being an actor "That we aren’t actually our character."

iain.jpg

• Like 2