The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

1009 'The Geology Elevation' (November 17)

I liked the episode but then I like Sheldon, so...Obviously it wasn't on par with the previous ones but I think the writers wanted to take a break and stall a bit more (surprise surprise?).

Kudos to Penny for being so chill about the hair thing. I wouldn't have been able to. Also Sheldon defending Amy was adorable.

Howard's toy...nope.

The tag...nope.

This will probably get a Good from me.

I thought it was a good episode, it didn't hit the heights of recent episodes in my opinion but it did provide some laugh out loud moments.

I guess it was largely a reminder that even though Sheldon has evolved or changed Sheldon is still Sheldon in a lot of ways with jealously especially on a professional level being one of them. It did require once again some outside intervention to fully grasp and resolve the issue this time from his girlfriend encouraging him to actually read the paper Bert has done, his friends especially Penny telling him to stop with this nonsense but also Hawking talking about how he has dealt with jealousy.

But I think there was also signs there of Sheldon trying to come to terms with his jealousy and trying to resolve them himself, for example the scene when he goes to Bert's office and they talk it out was under his own initiative and would NEVER have happened with early era Sheldon. I liked the ending with them making up and going to see Ellen, I also like Bert and I hope we see some more of him.

The funniest moments of the episode for me were the 'Old Howard' resurfacing with the Hawking remote control toy. Yes I have to side with the rest of the gang that it was highly  inappropriate, offensive and in poor taste but I also thought it was hilarious lol. I liked it when Bernie was trying to get him to call Hawking if he was really that proud of it and didn't find it offensive.

There wasn't much Shamy moments but I liked when she was holding his hand and trying to take care of him and also Sheldon defending Amy when Bert said he could now do better with his newly found fame and money. Is it just me or did Sheldon kind of show being with Amy was actually more important than his work achievements or it was his greatest achievement when Bert mentioned it? Or am I overthinking it and it was more like he was using the fact he was with Amy to throw some jealousy back into Bert's face? On a side note I wonder who told Sheldon that Bert had the hots for Amy at one time? I don't recall Sheldon finding out on screen though I could be wrong?

If Penny is the 'Queen of Snark' then Amy is becoming the 'Princess of Snark' lol. There has been a clear ramping up of Amy's snark or funny sarcastic comments this season and there was some more on display in this episode. The 'why, why oh that's why' line I loved because I am a Shamy shipper and any details from Opening Night I will love to hear about but I also found it very funny. I was worried a little about the life choices line when I had first heard about it being in there but the way Amy delivered it was clearly snarky. Amy with the line about Penny's hair was also funny. Amy's snark game is really on point this season which is great to see lol.

Penny had some good lines especially when the gang were all in 4A and eating with the subject of her hair coming up and also during the Hawking conversation. There was some small Shelnard bromance stuff going on and I did laugh at the burst blood vessel and wanting to take pictures of Sheldon falling over. I remember that time when Sheldon got his head stuck in a hole in the wall of his new office and Leonard got his phone out to take pics. This was an episode full of references to episodes past and this was another of them lol.

I thought it was a good episode, it wasn't the best of Season 10 so far but also not the worst.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

I guess Penny and Bert killed the episode. :shy:

...and that’s not true at all, Sheldon!

19.gif

…I had to LOL so hard. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, rice sheldon said:

If Sheldon realized what he is saying can be hurtful, then he isn't Sheldon anymore. Sheldon is an oblivious ass. If Sheldon suddenly understood himself or how to behave, the show would get, IMO, really boring really fast. And he has progressed and evolved, in his own way. He touches people, he talks about his feelings, he admits he's a person now, etc. He's still a jerk but he's trying. 

That's not to say that Leonard should just accept that Sheldon is an ass. It's all of his friends putting up a united front against his behavior that has made him progress at all. Baby steps. :icon_cheesygrin:

You said this better than I ever could.  Thank you.  To me, the fact that Sheldon's friends accept that Sheldon can be a jerk and still want to be his friends and make us laugh because of it is part of what draws me to the show.  Without the reactions of those around him, Sheldon's character would be utterly boring.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, jenafan said:

You said this better than I ever could.  Thank you.  To me, the fact that Sheldon's friends accept that Sheldon can be a jerk and still want to be his friends and make us laugh because of it is part of what draws me to the show.  Without the reactions of those around him, Sheldon's character would be utterly boring.

Agree. The way these  guys have became like a big family  through the years is one of the reasons that draws me to the show. They all have became better people for their friendhips to each others, finding  their SO , progressing at work , with  very funny , even sometimes bizarre situations that reminds us everybody deserv a chance of being loved, appreciated and growing without stop to being themselves. I really love that gang and realy hope we can see yet many things happening in their  lives. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, veejay said:

I guess Penny and Bert killed the episode. :shy:

...and that’s not true at all, Sheldon!

19.gif

…I had to LOL so hard. :icon_cheesygrin:

LOL I hadn't noticed at the time how hideous that plaque was when watching the episode but that gif...:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

LOL I hadn't noticed at the time how hideous that plaque was when watching the episode but that gif...:icon_cheesygrin:

c00011.jpg

…that cracked me up.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Not to confuse with the ordinary Kripke Crippler!
(S2 - The Killer Robot Instability)

Edited by veejay
  • Like 4

I gave it an ok. 

I enjoyed some stuff but I go with first impression and knee jerk reactions. 

This episode felt out of place.  I can't help but think tptb decide what Sheldon they need for a particular episode and they go with it.  For me, Sheldon just sounded like a whiny ass hat.  I couldn't get past his storyline to care enough about the rest going on. 

I did LOL at penny when she raised her hand.   

Meh...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

I thought it was a good episode, it didn't hit the heights of recent episodes in my opinion but it did provide some laugh out loud moments.

I guess it was largely a reminder that even though Sheldon has evolved or changed Sheldon is still Sheldon in a lot of ways with jealously especially on a professional level being one of them. 

Obvious the writers think the audience are total idiots like we forget all his issues

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, veejay said:

c00011.jpg

…that cracked me up.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Not to confuse with the ordinary Kripke Crippler!
(S2 - The Killer Robot Instability)

This is so creepy and funny! That cracked me up soo much! Sheldon, we cant help ourselves, too funny for not want to look at!!  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

This is so creepy and funny! That cracked me up soo much! Sheldon, we cant help ourselves, too funny for not want to look at!!  :icon_cheesygrin:

He looks like a badass Rock Star. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

"Did you upgrade his software last night?"

I'll never get tired of this joke.

• Like 5

I actually liked this episode wasn't the funniest but still quite entertaining i'll admit i found the remote control Steven Hawking funny.In this episode i think Penny got most of the best lines in it,like others have said her putting her hand to answer was the best .Sheldon being jealous of someone elses success not new but he did learn something this time,and no one in the gang liking Penny's short hair was a surprise,all in all a decent episode

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Obvious the writers think the audience are total idiots like we forget all his issues

Well, I guess the average viewer might need to be reminded. Lots of casual viewers. Who knows?

Also not sure if it was a reminder of what his issues are so much as an "Okay, we know Sheldon has been OOC the past few episodes. Here's an episode where Sheldon is just being Sheldon. We haven't completely changed him." kind of thing. That's how I saw it anyway. 

Edited by rice sheldon
typo
  • Like 3

Burt thinks he can now do better than Amy?

Not possible.

Also, how and when did Sheldon learn that Burt fancies Amy?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Also, how and when did Sheldon learn that Burt fancies Amy?

Presumably either Amy or one of the guys told him at some point off screen. It's really not much of a stretch.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, April said:

Presumably either Amy or one of the guys told him at some point off screen. It's really not much of a stretch.

Maybe at brunch Sheldon got something about it or from Penny or Amy as they spoke about the Bert party and for he said Amy is the most popular girl of the campus.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Maybe at brunch Sheldon got something about it or from Penny or Amy as they spoke about the Bert party and for he said Amy is the most popular girl of the campus.  

Yep. Could be as simple as the guys sitting in the Caltech cafeteria and when Sheldon is proudly sharing the results of his brunch experiment he mentions Bert and then one of the guys is like "Bert? Did you know that....?" and tells him the whole thing. Just as an example.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Penny would have wondered about Bert's emphasis on the word 'both' and would have not let Amy hear the end of it until she'd explained. Once Penny knows something they all do. Or she could have got it from Bernie who got it from Howard.

I'd guess Sheldon has learned of it only recently, otherwise he'd have got into something with Bert when he felt less secure of Amy's commitment. Possibly Amy told Sheldon herself one night when he was drunk, which is a good time to slip him controversial information.

• Like 1

well not the first time that sheldon has face the jealousy, pick

a season. all most from the start (dr. gablehauser his boss ) did not

respect him for the job.

poor howard, he must not be a star, did not sheldon make drunk

calls to hawking. but that is ok, it was sheldon being sheldon.

• Like 1

I gave it a good.

Liked seeing Burt and S. Hawking. The tag was a complete surprise. I have been too busy to keep up with the forum lately.

I was amused by the hair cut comments.

51 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I gave it a good.

Liked seeing Burt and S. Hawking. The tag was a complete surprise. I have been too busy to keep up with the forum lately.

I was amused by the hair cut comments.

Yeah it was funny. Also Howard was just sitting there not getting involved and he got dragged into it lol.

Edited by Jonny

9 hours ago, soniamdissapoint said:

Well reference to the outcome of US elections is obvious.

I like the short episode about hairstyles.

Think I missed that.