The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michael_S

Sheldon's lifestyle - The tragedy or ... life?

I was thinking, if it was not so funny (but IT IS FUNNY in BBT) for the persons like Sheldon to live in our world? With his spot on the sofa, (wich is actually the center of his universe, with coordinates 0,0,0 and, don't forget another 0 - the time), schedule of .. you know.. biological activity, different kinds of agreements it is his way to survive. We are all survive in this world, and they (Sheldons) too. And many of them geniuses in relation to us, nice ordinary people. For example - personage "Rain man" in the movie with you know who in major role. The BBT made me thinking of it, but what about you, my friends, any ideas? (Sorry for my english, it is not my native language) 

I spent a number of years teaching in a private school. For several years, one of my students was a young man that was, in many ways, Sheldonesque. His parents brought him to our school attempting to find an educational environment for him that would be more accepting, and less traumatizing than he had experienced in the public schools. For the most part this was a successful transition. While not oblivious to his quirks and peculiarities his classmates were, for the most part, accepting of him. Yes, they were juveniles and did sometime pick at him, mostly these things were done in jest and were light-hearted. He, in turn, learned to pick back, and laugh at himself. As a teacher and counselor my role was to shepherd him. To me, that meant looking out for him at times, guiding him at others, and sometimes pointedly advising him that some things are just not going enable him to be successful in public society. Today, he is an Archivist for the National Archives and is doing very well in all areas of life. This world is sometimes alien to him, and he to it. But, both sides have managed to make it work.

• Like 2

I spent a number of years teaching in a private school. For several years, one of my students was a young man that was, in many ways, Sheldonesque. His parents brought him to our school attempting to find an educational environment for him that would be more accepting, and less traumatizing than he had experienced in the public schools. For the most part this was a successful transition. While not oblivious to his quirks and peculiarities his classmates were, for the most part, accepting of him. Yes, they were juveniles and did sometime pick at him, mostly these things were done in jest and were light-hearted. He, in turn, learned to pick back, and laugh at himself. As a teacher and counselor my role was to shepherd him. To me, that meant looking out for him at times, guiding him at others, and sometimes pointedly advising him that some things are just not going enable him to be successful in public society. Today, he is an Archivist for the National Archives and is doing very well in all areas of life. This world is sometimes alien to him, and he to it. But, both sides have managed to make it work.

Wow small world. I'm not an Archivist but I work at the National Archives in the IT department. I probably know who you are talking about as I have many friends in the archives department. A lot of them are oddballs but no way in Sheldon's league.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

Wow small world. I'm not an Archivist but I work at the National Archives in the IT department. I probably know who you are talking about as I have many friends in the archives department. A lot of them are oddballs but no way in Sheldon's league.

This young man is now in his mid twenties. He worked for a while at the National Archives in D.C. Lately, he's been working at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. After the first of the year he's moving to Texas to work in the LBJ library.

This young man is now in his mid twenties. He worked for a while at the National Archives in D.C. Lately, he's been working at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. After the first of the year he's moving to Texas to work in the LBJ library.

Sorry wrong Archives then. I work in the one in London.