Shamy Fanfiction made by Shamy fandom

Desdemona

This thread is dedicated to Shamy and all the authors who always wanted to write a fanfic about Shamy but didn't do it because they had problems with the English grammar or spell. Of course all the experienced authors and fans of other ships are welcome to participate as well. Please follow and respect the following rules: 

-Don't kill any characters of the story

-Don't make mean or derrogative comments about other people who write here 

-Don't make mean or derrogative comments about Shamy, other characters of the story or about the story itself

-Comments about grammar or spelling are not allowed

-Write only a short part of the story and not the entire story. You can write an end if you feel, that the story has reached the end. Once the end is written, the next story starts.

-Once a part is posted, the next person who wants to continue the story, has to continue where the last post ends. If you want to continue, please write in this thread that you continue and post your story within the next 48 hours. If you see that someone is already writing on the next part please don't write on a part as well . Wait until this person has posted his/her part and then continue where his/her story part ends. 

-If  you promised to write the next part but can't do it for any reason, please write in the thread that you can't do it, so the next has the chance to write.

I hope I didn't forget anything and that the rules are clear. If you have any questions, please send me a pm. 

Have fun! I can't wait to see where the story leads us!

I'm writing on the first part.

• Like 4

Amy was waiting outside their apartment for Sheldon. He send her a mysterious message that she should wait for him outside because he had a surprise for her. And that she should wear her date night dress. Her mind turned wild. A mysterious date? And what could be this surprise? And where had he been the whole day? When she wanted to pick him up from his office, he had already left, without leaving any notice, so she walked over to Leonard's lab, but he didn't know where he was either. She even asked Howard and Raj but they were as clueless as Leonard. So she called him. But instead of Sheldon he heard his voicemail speaking.

"This is Dr. Sheldon Cooper speaking.

If it is you Amy, don't worry about me. I'll be back soon. Love you.

All the others can leave a message after the beep. Bazinga there is no beep, because I'm not interested! So don't waste my time."

The message didn't calm her at all. So she tried to distract herself with harp music. After an hour she got this mysterious message from him, so she prepared herself for the date. And here she was waiting for him. Suddenly she saw a car approaching very slow. She frowned. 

The car parked loudly in front of her and swung its doors open. Smoke was coming out of it. As soon as it was gone, she saw that Sheldon was sitting inside this thing. He was wearing a white hair wig and a white lab coat and grinned from ear to the other. 

"Ain't it great? Do you recognise it? This is a DeLorean. I've found it on ebay. The man who onwed it before has also installed a flux compensator and this fog machine to make these fog effects.

I had it checked by a mechanic and he assured me that it is in perfect condition."

His eyes were sparkling. 

He patted on the seat next to him. 

Amy got inside and the doors swung shut. They slowly left the Los Robles Avenue. Amy was sure that she would be faster on foot.

"Do we really have to drive this slow?", she asked and pointed at an old lady with a walking frame who was walking on the walkway, waving them with her hand, while she passed them.

Sheldon followed Amy's finger.

"Oh that's Mrs. Shoemaker from 1A. Hello Mrs. Shoemaker! ", he said and waved back. Then he looked back on the Street. 

"Where are we going anyway?" 

"It's a surprise!", he said and winked.

That's it. Now you can continue if you want. I'll be off the thread for a few days, because I have a busy week. But feel free to write here, I'm curious how the story will continue. I'll try to be back as soon as possible. See you soon!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Amy was glad when she got finally got out of the car, because all the blinking controls and instruments made her almost epileptic. It took her a minute before the light spots in front of her eyes disappeared. The building in front of them was a beautiful masterpiece of architecture, a mixture of Japanese aesthetics and Californian speciousness. It was made of different kind of natural materials, and had lots of details. 

"This is Gamble House. It was portrayed as the home of Dr. Emmett Brown in Back to the Future. Ain't it great?", asked Sheldon.

It was great indeed. As they walked towards the entrance Amy looked around to suck in every little detail.  

It had patterned brick pavings with planting areas, a large curvilinear pond and garden walls made with distinctive clinker bricks and boulders. The constructed garden elements were integrated with the architectural proportion and detailing. The triple front door and transom featured a Japanese black pine motif in plated leaded art glass highlighting the Asian influence. 

" A friend of mine works here and allowed me to prepare a dinner for us in the backyard of the building and to make a tour through the house after the museum is closed", he explained. 

As they opened the door, a stubby man with a round face and dark thick hair welcome them.

"Dr. Cooper nice to meet you finally. That must be your girlfriend." 

"Hello Mr. Rivers."

He shook their hands energetically.

Amy frowned and looked at Sheldon.

"You have never met?", she asked.

"You know me, I prefer electronical communication above all. But we have exchanged several fotos."

"And we play chess via internet from time to time. BTW you owe me a match still." 

"How about next week? I'll contact you", Sheldon offered and took Amy's hand. As they walked through the building Sheldon showed Amy everything. The rooms were made of multiple kinds of wood such as teak, maple, oak, Port Orford cedar and mahogany surfaces to bring out contrasts of colour, tone and grain. The furniture designed by the architects, was marching with the inlay in the time mantle surrounds and the interlocking joinery on the Main staircase was left exposed. Sheldon told her that one of the worden panels was actually a concealed door Leasing to the kitchen and another one to a clothes closet. Amy found this information interesting and wondered if there were other panels with hidden rooms. When they finished their tour Amy was starving. The backyard was enlighted with little Japanese lanterns all around. In the middle was a little table with food.

As Amy came closer she realized that it was Japanese food.

" Do you like it?", he asked her.

She looked at him and kissed him.

He pulled back her chair so she could sit down, before he walked to his own chair and sat down. While they were eating he asked her about her work.

"It does not work as good as expected. To be honest, the university is reconsidering the division of the research funds. At the moment there's another project which is promising as well."

"Which other project?"

"The fruit fly research. Their researchers were able to deconstruct the idea of an emotion into basic building blocks, so called primitives such as valence, persistence, scalability, generalisation and Trans-situationality and apply these primitives on the fruit flie's behaviour.

If I don't present results as well, my project will be cancelled", she said and regretted that she brought it up and ruined their evening.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Wow, a cliffhanger, it is no fair,lol! :wink:

This was lovely, and now I am also curious about the project. :)

Good job, @Desdemona !

Thank you Spidergirl! :icon_redface: It's always great to get some feedback, so I know if the direction the story is going is right or wrong. :shy:

If you can't wait to see how it continues you can write the next part. New writers are always welcome! As well as old ones of course. So don't be shy. Short parts are welcome as well. :shy:

• Like 1

A very short part because you sugested it so nicely. Happy 2017 everyone! :)

Sheldon had seemed to read Amy last thought and served Amy and himself  of saké. Then he got closer his chair to her while he looked intensely at Amy 's eyes. The litle smile on Sheldon's face made Amy feel more relaxed, maybe she had not ruined completely their evening.

"Amy, you are the smartest Neurobiologist of your team, it would be ridiculous to waiste your contribution for a question of money. Besides your project of the tumoral cells division control with the help of the new syntethised enzyme by Bernardette's lab is much more useful that studies about fruit fly. Please, flies are so desgusting! Who could want to work with them?"

Amy smiled at her boyfriend logic, which was wrong as he was comparing two completely diferent things in both valuable scientifical fields but at that moment it made her feel better. Sheldon had been realy getting a caring boyfriend and Amy could not feel more happiet for that.

Sudenly the Sheldon's mobile ring tone interrupted Amy's thougts. Sheldon's face as he looked at the mobile and saw who was calling him made Amy feel unconfortable...

"Amy, I need to tell you something..."

Continue...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spidergirl said:

A very short part because you sugested it so nicely. Happy 2017 everyone! :)

Sheldon had seemed to read Amy last thought and served Amy and himself  of saké. Then he got closer his chair to her while he looked intensely at Amy 's eyes. The litle smile on Sheldon's face made Amy feel more relaxed, maybe she had not ruined completely their evening.

"Amy, you are the smartest Neurobiologist of your team, it would be ridiculous to waiste your contribution for a question of money. Besides your project of the tumoral cells division control with the help of the new syntethised enzyme by Bernardette's lab is much more useful that studies about fruit fly. Please, flies are so desgusting! Who could want to work with them?"

Amy smiled at her boyfriend logic, which was wrong as he was comparing two completely diferent things in both valuable scientifical fields but at that moment it made her feel better. Sheldon had been realy getting a caring boyfriend and Amy could not feel more happiet for that.

Sudenly the Sheldon's mobile ring tone interrupted Amy's thougts. Sheldon's face as he looked at the mobile and saw who was calling him made Amy feel unconfortable...

Continue...

This is really a real mean cliffhanger lol! I love it!

Thank you for writing it! :shy:

Tonight I´m going to have a sleepless night. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

This is really a real mean cliffhanger lol! I love it!

Thank you for writing it! :shy:

Tonight I´m going to have a sleepless night. :icon_wink:

You're welcome. It was for you that I made the litle try :)

Hope you can continue this or other shamy fan. The ball is in Cooper's side now:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

You're welcome. It was for you that I made the litle try :)

Hope you can continue this or other shamy fan. The ball is in Cooper's side now:icon_cheesygrin:

I have already two ideas, but they would be too much.

If no one wants to continue I will think about another third option and then write it. But only if no one wants to continue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I have already two ideas, but they would be too much.

If no one wants to continue I will think about another third option and then write it. But only if no one wants to continue.

I sent you a pm with a possible third option. :)

• Like 1

I thought of an idea for how to continue this story. I hope it's okay to just jump in and post it.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:49 AM, spidergirl said:

Continue...

He paused long enough to hit the mute button and send the call to voicemail. Then, he continued, “There is more to this evening’s theme than first meets the eye.”

Amy folded her arms across her chest and raised an inquisitive eyebrow. Sheldon’s move to hide his call had been quick, but not quick enough. She recognized the number that had flashed across his screen, a familiar number that she often ignored when it popped up on her phone too. The caller was just about the last woman on Earth that she would’ve expected to be in contact with her boyfriend. 

“Sheldon, why is she calling you?”

He fidgeted in his seat, looking every bit as nervous as she felt. “I am aware that the two of you don’t get along all that well. Perhaps I am to blame for that to some degree. But there comes a time in a man’s life when he must face certain… unpleasant realities head on.”

Intrigued yet disconcerted, Amy felt what had previously been such a pleasant meal churning uncomfortably in her stomach. “How often do the two of you converse?”

Sheldon scoffed. “I don’t know that I would describe our interactions as conversations.”

Her stomach sank even further, and her voice wavered when she said, “It’s that bad?”

“I’m afraid so. Your mother is in no way fond of me. I don’t think I’ve ever managed to say more than a few words to her before she breaks into a diatribe of all the various ways that she considers me to be an inadequate match for you. I send her calls to voicemail at this point because I never get past saying  ‘Hi, this is Sheldon Cooper’ anyway. Given how similar her messages are to the times when I’ve answered the phone, I’m not sure that she notices a difference.”

Amy sighed and reached across the table to squeeze his hand. “I’m sorry about that. She doesn’t even really know you. I’m not sure why she would suddenly be contacting you.”

"Oh, well truthfully, I was the one who reached out to her first. I thought that I should try to acquire her approval at this point in our relationship."

A vague suspicion came over Amy, and she wondered if Sheldon had been trying to engage in the archaic tradition of asking her mother for permission to marry her. Not wanting to get her hopes up, she quickly stuffed the thought aside and fired off a considerable understatement. "My mother can be a bit difficult at times."

“I have noticed that. However, she doesn’t know me well enough to know how great I am and how well-suited we are for one another. I believe that her dislike of me stems from our initial meeting years ago via Skype. Hence this evening’s plan.”

Feeling baffled, Amy scrunched up her eyebrows and asked, “Buying a DeLorean and visiting a set from Back to the Future? This is your plan?”

“Yes, of course,” he said, making it sound like she should find it obvious. “Well, it sets the tone for the evening. I need to approach this with the right mindset. To make sure that our future follows the right path, we must first go back and fix our initial mistake with your mother.”

“Oh!” That was a crazy reason, but she had never expected it not to be. 

“That’s metaphorical, of course. A time traveling DeLorean must hit 88 miles per hour. That’s not only scary and dangerous, but it’s also impossible. A DeLorean speedometer tops out at 85.”

Unable to rein in her sarcasm, she said, “So that’s why time travel is impractical. I had always wondered.” 

He gave a brief nod but otherwise ignored her comment. “We will visit your mother this evening, you can tell her about our romantic date, and we can show her how perfect we are together. From there, we can explain just how wrong she has been about me all along.”

“Yeah, everyone loves being told how wrong they are. That’ll win her over, for sure.”

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

I thought of an idea for how to continue this story. I hope it's okay to just jump in and post it.

He paused long enough to hit the mute button and send the call to voicemail. Then, he continued, “There is more to this evening’s theme than first meets the eye.”

Amy folded her arms across her chest and raised an inquisitive eyebrow. Sheldon’s move to hide his call had been quick, but not quick enough. She recognized the number that had flashed across his screen, a familiar number that she often ignored when it popped up on her phone too. The caller was just about the last woman on Earth that she would’ve expected to be in contact with her boyfriend. 

He fidgeted in his seat, looking every bit as nervous as she felt. “I am aware that the two of you don’t get along all that well. Perhaps I am to blame for that to some degree. But there comes a time in a man’s life when he must face certain… unpleasant realities head on.”

Intrigued yet disconcerted, Amy felt what had previously been such a pleasant meal churning uncomfortably in her stomach. “How often do the two of you converse?”

Sheldon scoffed. “I don’t know that I would describe our interactions as conversations.”

Her stomach sank even further, and her voice wavered when she said, “It’s that bad?”

“I’m afraid so. Your mother is in no way fond of me. I don’t think I’ve ever managed to say more than a few words to her before she breaks into a diatribe of all the various ways that she considers me to be an inadequate match for you. I send her calls to voicemail at this point because I never get past saying  ‘Hi, this is Sheldon Cooper’ anyway. Given how similar her messages are to the times when I’ve answered the phone, I’m not sure that she notices a difference.”

Amy sighed and reached across the table to squeeze his hand. “I’m sorry about that. She doesn’t even really know you. I’m not sure why she would suddenly be contacting you.”

"Oh, well truthfully, I was the one who reached out to her first. I thought that I should try to acquire her approval at this point in our relationship."

A vague suspicion came over Amy, and she wondered if Sheldon had been trying to engage in the archaic tradition of asking her mother for permission to marry her. Not wanting to get her hopes up, she quickly stuffed the thought aside and fired off a considerable understatement. "My mother can be a bit difficult at times."

“I have noticed that. However, she doesn’t know me well enough to know how great I am and how well-suited we are for one another. I believe that her dislike of me stems from our initial meeting years ago via Skype. Hence this evening’s plan.”

Feeling baffled, Amy scrunched up her eyebrows and asked, “Buying a DeLorean and visiting a set from Back to the Future? This is your plan?”

“Yes, of course,” he said, making it sound like she should find it obvious. “Well, it sets the tone for the evening. I need to approach this with the right mindset. To make sure that our future follows the right path, we must first go back and fix our initial mistake with your mother.”

“That’s metaphorical, of course. A time traveling DeLorean must hit 88 miles per hour. That’s not only scary and dangerous, but it’s also impossible. A DeLorean speedometer tops out at 85.”

Unable to rein in her sarcasm, she said, “So that’s why time travel is impractical. I had always wondered.” 

He gave a brief nod but otherwise ignored her comment. “We will visit your mother this evening, you can tell her about our romantic date, and we can show her how perfect we are together. From there, we can explain just how wrong she has been about me all along.”

“Yeah, everyone loves being told how wrong they are. That’ll win her over, for sure.”

Glad you did it! My idea as I had said earlier to @Desdemona was Amy's mum who called Sheldon. You did a great development of the idea and it is really well conected with what happened when Amy 's mum met Sheldon via skype. Can not wait for next part :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

Don't worry I'm happy you did. :shy: There are not many writers here participating. But the more wtiters join here (hopefully!) the more important it is to leave a message here before you start wtiting, before two or more writers are writing at the same time at the same story part. Your story was awesome RJ1013! It's great to see an experienced writer here. I'm glad that you found a way to use the Back to the future setting and the DeLorean for the purpose to prepare Amy for an encounter with her mother. I can't wait to see how they get/don't get along with each other and how Sheldon tries to demonstrate Amy's mother that he is the perfect husband for her daughter.

Oh boy how much I wished to hear Amy say "that's my HUSBAND Dr.Cooper".

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Don't worry I'm happy you did. :shy: There are not many writers here participating. But the more wtiters join here (hopefully!) the more important it is to leave a message here before you start wtiting, before two or more writers are writing at the same time at the same story part. Your story was awesome RJ1013! It's great to see an experienced writer here. I'm glad that you found a way to use the Back to the future setting and the DeLorean for the purpose to prepare Amy for an encounter with her mother. I can't wait to see how they get/don't get along with each other and how Sheldon tries to demonstrate Amy's mother that he is the perfect husband for her daughter.

Oh boy how much I wished to hear Amy say "that's my HUSBAND Dr.Cooper".

Me too! If it happens oneday in show, I think my heart would stop for the emotion, lol!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Look at us" Amy said happily as she fixed her hair in the passenger side mirror of the DeLorean.  "I can't believe that YOU are driving.  In a DeLorean no less.  And you've now cracked 10 mph!"

"Well, you knew what you were getting into when you started dating me.    It's not every woman that gets to date a bad boy physicist."

"I wish the girls in my high school could see me now.  That'll show them for painting a white stripe down my black hoodie and calling me Pepe Le Pew."

"As in the skunk?" Sheldon said puzzled.

"Yes" Amy said sadly.  She looked at the road sign.  Glendale was still 20 miles away.

"Skunks are fascinating animals actually.  They are sensitive, highly intelligent and have their own built in defense mechanism.  Maybe it was a compliment.  I think I wouldn't mind being called a skunk....Of course I think I would prefer to be a cat with super powers.  Like an X-Man cat.  XCat" Sheldon trailed off.

Amy patted her skirt nervously.  "Umm...Sheldon.  Maybe we should have a plan about how we are going to talk to my mother.  You know she's not the easiest person."

Sheldon looked out straight along the road.  "Well I thought we would just follow Back to the Future's lead and fix things."

Amy laughed.  "Sheldon!  It's not like we have a real time machine, where we could go back in time, and not make that phone call to my mother.  She thinks you are some sex obsessed maniac who is regularly defiling her daughter.  We can't remake that first impression.  What are we going to do?"

Sheldon bit his lip and concentrated.  "Well..." he started.  "I guess we can't technically remake that first impression, but we must be able to somehow fix the problem some other way."

Amy put her hand gently on Sheldon's knee.  "Well, I'm not too sure how.  The problem, as you put it, is that my mother doesn't see you as a respectable person.  And all these years of me telling her how brilliant and sweet you are hasn't changed her mind.  She's just so frustrating."

"You don't think my charm will win her over?  I mean everyone loves me.  Just ask Leonard.  Just the other day he filmed me ironing my underwear.  He said I was a special snowflake.  Now if that doesn't say love, I don't know what does."

"How about we not tell my mother that particular story" Amy sighed.

"Well....what makes people like other people?  From a purely psychological standpoint?  Let's look at it scientifically."

Amy smiled at Sheldon.  "I actually just read an interesting study.  It said, that even in large diverse groups, people seek others that are similar to themselves."

"So what does you mother like?" Sheldon asked.  He turned the car to the exit towards Amy's mother's house.

"Hmmm...that's a tough one.   It might be easier to tell you what she doesn't like.  She dislikes atheists, bad language, chewing loudly, overly friendly people, corn bread, authors that begin with the letter "B", sinning, books that contain sinning, music that refers to sinning, dancing - because it leads to sinning and sometimes men in general."

The car pulled up to Amy's mother house.  Amy looked at Sheldon nervously.

"That was a good list.  I think I know exactly what to say to your mother to win her over...or my name isn't Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper!"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nibbler747 said:

"Look at us" Amy said happily as she fixed her hair in the passenger side mirror of the DeLorean.  "I can't believe that YOU are driving.  In a DeLorean no less.  And you've now cracked 10 mph!"

"Well, you knew what you were getting into when you started dating me.    It's not every woman that gets to date a bad boy physicist."

"I wish the girls in my high school could see me now.  That'll show them for painting a white stripe down my black hoodie and calling me Pepe Le Pew."

"As in the skunk?" Sheldon said puzzled.

"Yes" Amy said sadly.  She looked at the road sign.  Glendale was still 20 miles away.

"Skunks are fascinating animals actually.  They are sensitive, highly intelligent and have their own built in defense mechanism.  Maybe it was a compliment.  I think I wouldn't mind being called a skunk....Of course I think I would prefer to be a cat with super powers.  Like an X-Man cat.  XCat" Sheldon trailed off.

Amy patted her skirt nervously.  "Umm...Sheldon.  Maybe we should have a plan about how we are going to talk to my mother.  You know she's not the easiest person."

Sheldon looked out straight along the road.  "Well I thought we would just follow Back to the Future's lead and fix things."

Amy laughed.  "Sheldon!  It's not like we have a real time machine, where we could go back in time, and not make that phone call to my mother.  She thinks you are some sex obsessed maniac who is regularly defiling her daughter.  We can't remake that first impression.  What are we going to do?"

Sheldon bit his lip and concentrated.  "Well..." he started.  "I guess we can't technically remake that first impression, but we must be able to somehow fix the problem some other way."

Amy put her hand gently on Sheldon's knee.  "Well, I'm not too sure how.  The problem, as you put it, is that my mother doesn't see you as a respectable person.  And all these years of me telling her how brilliant and sweet you are hasn't changed her mind.  She's just so frustrating."

"You don't think my charm will win her over?  I mean everyone loves me.  Just ask Leonard.  Just the other day he filmed me ironing my underwear.  He said I was a special snowflake.  Now if that doesn't say love, I don't know what does."

"How about we not tell my mother that particular story" Amy sighed.

"Well....what makes people like other people?  From a purely psychological standpoint?  Let's look at it scientifically."

Amy smiled at Sheldon.  "I actually just read an interesting study.  It said, that even in large diverse groups, people seek others that are similar to themselves."

"So what does you mother like?" Sheldon asked.  He turned the car to the exit towards Amy's mother's house.

"Hmmm...that's a tough one.   It might be easier to tell you what she doesn't like.  She dislikes atheists, bad language, chewing loudly, overly friendly people, corn bread, authors that begin with the letter "B", sinning, books that contain sinning, music that refers to sinning, dancing - because it leads to sinning and sometimes men in general."

The car pulled up to Amy's mother house.  Amy looked at Sheldon nervously.

"That was a good list.  I think I know exactly what to say to your mother to win her over...or my name isn't Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper!"

I really loved their dialogue, very ic for both. Can't wait to read how Sheldon would win Amy's mother over.

Good job :)

• Like 3

It's nice to see you around and posting a bit of fanfic, @nibbler747

That was a great addition. I especially liked the Pepe Le Pew part. That sounds so much like a story from her childhood that she would tell. Her mother's list of dislikes was very funny too!

• Like 3