Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
No Regrets

The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been binge watching the 10 episode mini series for the past couple days. I was only 11 years old when that trial happened and all these years I only had a very vague idea of who Simpson was and what happened. So I'd decided to watch this because Sarah Paulson and David Schwimmer were in it.

Couple thoughts:

• Sarah Paulson was phenomenal as Marcia Clark and I'm so happy she won a Golden Globe for it.
  • The sexism Marcia Clark had to endure was unbelievable and sadly, I don't think it'd be much different today except for the fact that people would actually talk about it and point it out. This was a woman who had to deal with the biggest trial in history while simultaneously dealing with her divorce and fighting for her two kids. And the press had nothing better to do than write about her bad hair and judge her clothes instead of focusing on the fact that she was trying to bring justice to two people who were brutally murdered. I'm so happy that Sarah Paulson's portrayal opened people's eyes to who Marcia Clark really is and that people have openly apologized to the woman now for the way they've treated her. That's just wonderful.
  • David Schwimmer was fantastic as Robert Kardashian. The scene where he tells his ex-wife that he's done with O.J. broke my heart. Schwimmer is a great dramatic actor.
  • The trial itself is unbelievable gripping, dramatic, tragic and frustrating. It's gut wrenching to know that Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman's killer was never brought to justice. I've watched a documentary yesterday where they showed the actual crime scene photos. I had to look away because they were horrifying. 
  • Do I think O.J. did it? Yes, I do. The evidence was overwhelming, he had motive and a violent past with Nicole Brown. And while he's in jail for different reasons now, I wish he'd be in jail for the two murders. 

Has anyone else watched this?

3ku11 and mirs1 like this

Posted (edited)

On 1/12/2017 at 7:08 AM, No Regrets said:

I've been binge watching the 10 episode mini series for the past couple days. I was only 11 years old when that trial happened and all these years I only had a very vague idea of who Simpson was and what happened. So I'd decided to watch this because Sarah Paulson and David Schwimmer were in it.

Couple thoughts:

• Sarah Paulson was phenomenal as Marcia Clark and I'm so happy she won a Golden Globe for it.
  • The sexism Marcia Clark had to endure was unbelievable and sadly, I don't think it'd be much different today except for the fact that people would actually talk about it and point it out. This was a woman who had to deal with the biggest trial in history while simultaneously dealing with her divorce and fighting for her two kids. And the press had nothing better to do than write about her bad hair and judge her clothes instead of focusing on the fact that she was trying to bring justice to two people who were brutally murdered. I'm so happy that Sarah Paulson's portrayal opened people's eyes to who Marcia Clark really is and that people have openly apologized to the woman now for the way they've treated her. That's just wonderful.
  • David Schwimmer was fantastic as Robert Kardashian. The scene where he tells his ex-wife that he's done with O.J. broke my heart. Schwimmer is a great dramatic actor.
  • The trial itself is unbelievable gripping, dramatic, tragic and frustrating. It's gut wrenching to know that Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman's killer was never brought to justice. I've watched a documentary yesterday where they showed the actual crime scene photos. I had to look away because they were horrifying. 
  • Do I think O.J. did it? Yes, I do. The evidence was overwhelming, he had motive and a violent past with Nicole Brown. And while he's in jail for different reasons now, I wish he'd be in jail for the two murders. 

Has anyone else watched this?

Yes just got through to Ep 5. It's brilliant. I love how they diddnt sensationalise, dramatise, or glamorise events. Do I beleive OJ did it? Of course. The evidence is overwhelming. But it depends on ones interpretation. In 1994 I was only 5. So I don't remember a lot of it. 

Back then though. A lot like the current climate in America today. A big racial divide. Also segregation in many forms. The prejudice Marcia Clark had to suffer. Was imputent. Sarah Pulsons phenomenal performance opened people's eyes to that. But the thing with this case as highly emotionally charged as it was. It was not just about Oj. But the entire country. Should of been a close and shut case. Guilty for two murders. But the defence created enough doubt, without reasonable or probable cause. So he got off. The three C's: Corrupt, Contaminated, and Compromised. Was their defense. Detective Mark Fearman diddnt help. He was proven to be a corrupt cop. And possibly planted evidence. Well that was the defense argument. Basically confirmed. When Fearmen pleaded the 5th.

I also thought everyone was so perfectly casted. I'm only on Ep 5 ATM. But David Schimmer is brilliant. He nails his portrayal of Robert Kardashian (the original kardashian heh). Great for him to show his dramatic range. Surprised he got no award recognition. The guy from This is us, is in it too. Another great actor. 

I also think if OJ was just another African American. He wouldent of got off. He was an inspiration. Charming. Accomplished, a celebrity. People just couldent accept he was guilty of something so Haneous. Because of Nicole Browns lifestyle, and habits. Back then most ppl saw her as a gold digger. Unbelievable really. Your right he should be in Jail for the Double murder. It's one of the biggest injustices of All time. 

Edited by 3ku11