Tripper

Episodes
1015 'The Locomotion Reverberation' (February 9)

101 posts in this topic

Posted

'The Locomotion Reverberation' - Season 10, Episode 15 
Airs Thursday, February 9 at 8/7c on CBS.

Leonard and Wolowitz try to distract Sheldon when he slows the progress of their guidance system. Also, Penny and Amy take Bernadette out for the night, leaving Raj and Stuart to care for baby Halley.

spidergirl and serenaded214 like this

Posted

Looking forward to the episode. I have stopped reading TR's so I'm mostly unspoiled. My campus is closed today due to ice storm so I have time on my hands. Just hope power does not go out.

spidergirl likes this

Posted

6 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Looking forward to the episode. I have stopped reading TR's so I'm mostly unspoiled. My campus is closed today due to ice storm so I have time on my hands. Just hope power does not go out.

If you have no choice, sync your glow stick. :icon_biggrin:

n_072.gif.95a858e823119735d06cca5dd1c2dc5c.gif

bfm, 3ku11, Desdemona and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

I thought it had more laughs then the last couple. I didn't have any problem with Penny being somewhat envious of Bernadette. Seemed like a normal human reaction to me and I didn't take it as her not being happy about being married to Leonard.

Edited by gsxdoug
superfluous period.
jenafan, john2p, veejay and 3 others like this

Posted

I enjoyed this one. Got some solid laughs with all of the storylines, and especially the end scene. The girls talking about their anxieties related to their life/relationship stages felt very honest to me, I think almost everyone tends to compare themselves and it's a habit you often have to work at breaking (I compare myself to Kaley every damn episode). I deal with contracting officers at my job, so the army guy's insistence on such a difficult task rung true to me. 

Posted (edited)

That baby cry is so unrealistic LOL. Anyway

Not the worst episode in the history of this series. That is Itchy Brain Stimulation, Speckerman, and Slutbunny. But this episode was pretty damn close. I was covering my eyes, most of it. Because 90% was just so cringe worthy. I mean feels like The Showrunners are the Uncle attempting to be cool in front of his Niece's friends. I only laughed once at Bernies line "Oh god I think I left my daughter, with Spongebob and Patrick". Sheldon was the worst part of it for me. Mostly because of who is this Sheldon? He's not going to be a physicist now? IS he now full time mechanic? Yeah that's beleivable.

Based on what we have seen of Sheldon through out the series, it is not. Next week is he going to be a Formular One Driver? A Stripper? Amy won't mind lol, but the rest of the audience, doubtful. More cannon broken, and lack of continuity. Loved seeing Dean Norris again, he is becoming very good in this role. Sounds like the Guidance System plot is sticking around. And tbh I Don't mind that. Puts the guys at the forefront of the show. 

I actually thought the girls stole the episode. And tbh are really over shadowing the guys this season. I enjoyed their talk in the end. I Think Penny needed some perspective. And she got it. Be appreciative for what you've got. Sounds like she wants things with Leonard, after two years of marrage to speed up. Like she wants to skip a few chapters. In any case I don't think Lenny are ready for a baby. 

The tag was so cringy and unnecessary. Amy Doesent have any self respect sorry. I just don't think that was necessary. Do we need to be reminded of Amy's sex drive? Sheldon getting the train tickets In story was part of the guidance system plot. They could show Amy getting her jollies over Sheldon any episode. 

Why is it we never get to see Sheldon desire Amy? Unless its convineint to story. We don't. Inconsistencies. So yeah not my fav episode of all time. And this is becoming a frequent thing now. But better then last weeks. 

I also don't think Penny is unhappy with Leonard. Quite the contary. Sounds like she wants more from her marrage with Leonard. And is having feelings, and is projecting them onto Bernie. Possibly her Mortality Rate is increasing. 

Edited by 3ku11
sdffcx, veejay, Carlos and 3 others like this

Posted

I didn't expect much and i wasn't disappointed. I guess tptb are going for the pinup sheldon to keep the female fans happy

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

john2p, sdffcx, veejay and 1 other like this

Posted

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

I didn't expect much and i wasn't disappointed. I guess tptb are going for the pinup sheldon to keep the female fans happy

I agree with 3k above that the tag was cringeworthy. Another dream of Amy fantasizing over Sheldon. It had nothing to do with the story. 

john2p likes this

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I thought it was a little better as last episode. I did like that the guys project was a big storyline. As the women had good life issue talk. On an individual level I think Howard en Leonard made a great duo. 

Bernie was outstanding. And Amy -Penny were  good.

Raj and Stuart - meh

Sheldon: "sigh", I was a very big fan of him. But boy am I dissapointed of him since this season. I will not repeat myself, but I am really sad to see a great character destroyed imo. And I know a lot of us have a different opinion. So it´s solely my view, but what do I miss the Sheldon of seasons 1-4. Many have told me, characters change and it would have been boring if he had stayed the same. I really doubt that. For instance did Ross change much as a nerd in ten seasons, or Joey in Friends? A little bit, but not as much as Sheldon in this season. And the quality of that serie stayed high imo. As the characters kept recognazible.

Edited by john2p
sdffcx, JohnPhD, HeWolf and 1 other like this

Posted

JUST AWFUL. Credit to the writers they keep managing to make each episode worse than the previous one. No Lenny interaction; Penny whining; Amy fantasising at the new sex symbol Sheldon. Can it get any worse? I think my vote for 'bad' was a gift.

john2p, JohnPhD, sdffcx and 2 others like this

Posted (edited)

Silly but funny. I gave it a good.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Why is it we never get to see Sheldon desire Amy?

They like to do role reversal. Think  Three's Company and Jiggle Television.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiggle_television

Edited by djsurrey
sdffcx likes this

Posted

I actually got the impression that Penny felt like she was falling behind when she compared her life to how Bernadette's life was, it seemed like a moment of growth for her.  I saw nothing bad about Lenny's relationship, actually Penny seemed to be complaining about herself.

There was a few funny moments but this episode seemed very serious for the girls, they seemed each to evaluating their lives in this episode.  Actually I found the girls part to be much more interesting than the guys.

The guys part was going okay until the part with Sheldon and the engine, then Sheldon seemed so OOC to me that it wasn't really that funny.  The writers are now ignoring that he compulsive and that he doesn't understand when he is being manipulated, since when.

i really felt sorry for Amy this episode, her discussion with the girls, about where she is in her life now, was sad and her fantasizing about her boyfriend, she loves, was sad too.

Carlos, heres2U, sdffcx and 2 others like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I agree with 3k above that the tag was cringeworthy. Another dream of Amy fantasizing over Sheldon. It had nothing to do with the story. 

There are always going to be pointless fan service scenes. The L/P sex dungeon scene had no relevance to the story either. What is your point ?

As a girl,  I'd rather see Sheldon shirtless than Leonard anyway. Jim/Sheldon has a better physique compared to Leonard and the other guys IMO, so why not ?

Also, Amy has a right to day dream about Sheldon. All women have a right to day dream about their partners. That does not make it cringe worthy or having no self respect as someone else accused. Sheldon was turned on by Amy in the HP costume. Sheldon has told Amy outright, she makes him horny in the brunch episode. Now it is Amy's turn  to fantasize over him in the train engineer outfit. What is the difference ? 

Edited by serena_1995
amethyst, April, spidergirl and 6 others like this

Posted

12 minutes ago, SRAM said:

The guys part was going okay until the part with Sheldon and the engine, then Sheldon seemed so OOC to me that it wasn't really that funny.

Not only is he living a different life than before but trains were involved.

But yes Sheldon using a welding torch in his apartment is ridiculous. Considering he was genetically modifying a fish in season one why be surprised when he does something OOC? He does stuff OOC once in a while.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Not only is he living a different life than before but trains were involved.

But yes Sheldon using a welding torch in his apartment is ridiculous. Considering he was genetically modifying a fish in season one why be surprised when he does something OOC? He does stuff OOC once in a while.

There is a difference in once in a while or all the time..... and this season it´s every episode. I guess it´s on one´s pov which one you take.

Edited by john2p
veejay, bfm and legacy99 like this

Posted

-Howard is still a perv about his wife. Hey, a character trait is maintained every now and then!

-Spoiler alert, the fun size version wins out in their plans. Yes, for the first time in the show's history, Sheldon gets what he wants.

-Did Amy give Sheldon a UTI?

-His mother's eulogy. The astronaut mention running gag is all reaching.

-Zootopia reference. I guess that was almost around the time she'd start birthing classes but I'm leaning towards timeline error.

-Choose the caboose. Amy should like trains since that's where their first kiss was.

-"The kid with the two shirts". He has more than just two. Many Sheldon shirts are recognizable and appear in multiple episodes.

-Top and bottom split. Going to have to do better than baby poop jokes and screaming loud enough for a monitor to not matter. I'm not sure what logic was in the writer's room when they decided a baby would take over a shtick that was written off because the previous shtick holder's voice actress died.

-Leonard can blow 4 grand in an afternoon just to occupy Sheldon. Someone has it just as made as their actor.

-Open a window, it's about to get smug? A lot of windows left unopened during previous smug inhalation.

-This engineer storyline feels like a random follow-up to that string of episodes where Sheldon didn't know what to do with his career.

-Stuart wants to drink Bernadette's milk. A new level of thirsty.

-"I thought they got rid of all those". Now you can start a book club instead. There's a form of clubbing appropriate for your age.

-Patrick and Spongebob? It's definitely not Seasons 1-3 version of Patrick and Spongebob. Raj and Stuart are definitely Seasons 6-8 Patrick/Spongebob.

-Amy's bra strap. See? Amy shirtless is not that bad to visualize.

-The reason your two year marriage has been stagnant Penny is because the writers didn't think that far ahead for ways to keep things churning after the big moment. I know marriage isn't the end-all be-all to fulfillment, but I hope they realize what Penny's gripe is soon because at this rate whatever she decides to do will be the Season 10 cliffhanger.

-Such BS that Penny is making more than Amy despite Amy's field.

-Sheldon did think about marriage at the end of Season 8. Does Amy not remember finding out about the ring? Plus they've moved onto coitus and moving in together since the new relationship. Amy is never satisfied even when marriage with Sheldon will obviously be a done deal.

-Does that equation even have a real solution? I would've just scribbled Charlie Brown too. Or just wiped that grease smudge on the board.

-So Sheldon isn't a skilled mechanic suddenly like everyone in the spoiler thread feared.

-Did Leonard and Howard die trying to carry that engine downstairs? Will Penny, Bernadette, and Amy ever get a girls night plot that isn't them all sitting in a car crying about how miserable their lives are? Will Stuart and Raj do creepy things with that breast fluid? Find out never because the tag is a Sheldon fantasy sequence where Amy gets horny. The moral of the story is that Shamy only have sex once a year because Amy being horny is the only way she can passionately get into Sheldon's hobbies.

Chrismo likes this

Posted

23 minutes ago, ajond said:

JUST AWFUL. Credit to the writers they keep managing to make each episode worse than the previous one. No Lenny interaction; Penny whining; Amy fantasising at the new sex symbol Sheldon. Can it get any worse? I think my vote for 'bad' was a gift.

I actually gave it a very bad. No Lenny interaction doesn't make it necessarily a bad episode but this was awful. But I think with a few changes it could of been at least an okay episode.

1. The train tag eliminated. Moments on the show are precious. Do we really need Amy fantasizing.......... AGAIN

2. The girl discussion in the car longer. The way it was shot did make Penny seem whiny. A longer and a little more in depth discussion would have been better. One of the Raj phone calls could have been eliminated and air time cut down for Raj and Stuart . Bernadette's Patrick and SpongeBob line IMO was the best line of the night.

3. The train bit should have ended in 4b. The tag could of been Bernadette returning and seeing Raj and Stuart asleep.

the Howard Leonard interaction was the best part of the episode. Unfortunately it got sabotaged by the train bit.

JMO the only characters tonight that were not cringeworthy were Bernadette Howard Leonard and the military guy.

Carlos, legacy99 and john2p like this

Posted

21 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

"The kid with the two shirts". He has more than just two. Many Sheldon shirts are recognizable and appear in multiple episodes.

I believe the reference was to the fact he wears two layers of shirts.

serena_1995, veejay, sdffcx and 2 others like this

Posted

35 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

There are always going to be pointless fan service scenes. The L/P sex dungeon scene had no relevance to the story either. What is your point ?

As a girl,  I'd rather see Sheldon shirtless than Leonard anyway. Jim/Sheldon has a better physique compared to Leonard and the other guys IMO, so why not ?

Also, Amy has a right to day dream about Sheldon. All women have a right to day dream about their partners. That does not make it cringe worthy or having no self respect as someone else accused. Sheldon was turned on by Amy in the HP costume. Sheldon has told Amy outright, she makes him horny in the brunch episode. Now it is Amy's turn  to fantasize over him in the train engineer outfit. What is the difference ? It was all quite silly fun imo.

The Lenny sex dungeon scene was Sheldon's dream. It related to the story to the extent that Sheldon was concerned what was happening in his old room. I'm certainly not going to get involved in the guys physiques on the show. I will let you do that. The thing is the day dream has happened in the tag regarding Amy and Sheldon on more than one occasion.  Fantasizing  about and telling the person you are horny are different. One's real the other is not.

legacy99 and sdffcx like this

Posted

If amy wants sheldon so bad why doesn't she tell him their supposed to be so honest with each other

jenafan, bfm, Itwasdestined and 2 others like this

Posted

Howard and Bernie were given the best lines again. I'm finding them consistently the best comedically this season and since it's supposed to be a comedy that's important to me. They gave me the laugh out loud moments for the night, although I did get a big laugh out of Sheldon drawing Charlie Brown from the fake equation.

Amy and Sheldon dragged on a bit too much in both the early scene and the tag. I actually generally like their interaction when it's more intellectual or even deep and meaningful. I don't like the whiny Amy and the relentlessly annoying Sheldon we got tonight.

The panic over Penny's complaints after the TR proved an over reaction. I found it reflective from Penny that she wants more than she's got rather not being happy. In an ideal writers world this would lead to a great arc with Lenny moving forward. In the REAL world of these writers it will disappear behind the kitchen island never to be seen again.

I love Sheldon ( unusual for a Lenny). A lot of his traits from his original characterisation are inherent in me in a non exaggerated way. My friends call me Sheldon. But there's just something not right about him these days which just irks me sometimes. I just find his intelligent ramblings of the early seasons have been increasingly replaced by a more juvenile demeanour. One of my favourites was his comment comparing Leonard's chances of sex with Penny being as likely as a man in a black hole looking for a circuit with a flash light. Now we get poodle referencesin turning him more "human"my Sheldon has lost his acid wit. I just find a lot of his jokes laboured these days which is a shame when I recall his halcyon days.

Raj and Stuart? Just no.

Despite all these reservations, I still enjoyed the episode but mainly because of Howard and Bernie's zingers. Another filed under watched but probably not repeated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john2p, sdffcx, Denise07 and 3 others like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

although I did get a big laugh out of Sheldon drawing Charlie Brown from the fake equation.

I liked that one too.

I expect to find that white board image posted some place eventually. 

589d69c65d948_poster220x200ffffff-pad220x200ffffff.jpg.22e5e1a4fd06faf62c369fb8da4d6d8f.jpg

April, veejay and serena_1995 like this

Posted

When "The kid with two shirts" drew Charlie Brown on the white board, it was absolutely hilarious. But that was the only LOL-moment for me in this continued Sheldon-Show. :icon_rolleyes:

john2p and JohnPhD like this