luminous

Renewal Thread

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Any thoughts on when it might be 'officially' announced? I think with key players involved kind of saying it's a done deal you would think it is but until it's official there is still some trepidation there.

They haven't possibly jumped the gun have they? All these media outlets thinking the big 5 have signed their deals but are forgetting there are two other actors who possibly might be still in negotiations after those deals were inked? But then again If someone close to the show like Prady says they will all be back then surely he would know? Or could that just be an assumption on his part?

Hope we get something official this week.

Edited by Jonny
April and amethyst like this

Posted

They might be waiting to announce because of the prequel "Sheldon" to get finalized or something so they can announce it together.

jenafan, spidergirl, Judith and 3 others like this

Posted

9 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

They might be waiting to announce because of the prequel "Sheldon" to get finalized or something so they can announce it together.

Announcement of the pilot and the renewal at the same time? I guess I could see that.

Posted

6 hours ago, Judith said:

The ideal for me would be two more years so I'm looking forward to the announcement.

I'm for as many more years as possible.

10 more years isn't too much for me. :) 

Sah likes this

Posted

I would love this..

For Lenny - More screen time, a road trip and some romantic/fun dates (picnic in a park) . More family from both sides.

For Shamy - Another milestone met and meeting Amy's family. More Meemaw and Mary Cooper. More Amy fantasies.

For Howardette - Great stories about raising a child, meeting Howards dad and finding out why Howard  wears the alien pins on his shirt all the time.

For Raj - Emily. I loved her... more of his hilarious parents and perhaps some siblings...but NOT Priya. I did not like the way she treated Leonard.

More group gatherings and more cafeteria conversations

More Stewart and Bert. Kripke also.

April likes this

Posted

I'm mixed feelings about this. Love the show and the characters. But Stories are drying up. Can the tptb get even 2 or 3 gens out of 48 episodes? Past 39 episodes since 9.1. Suggests no. But who knows. I would say they would announce it with the Sheldon pilot. Guess time we'll tell. 

JohnPhD likes this

Posted

According to the original source of TBBT renewal news Deadline Hollywood the focus of the negotiations was re-signing the original five. Once they were close to that goal they turned their focus to signing Melissa & Mayim.

Actually three things are happening at once...

Talent contract negotiations, license fee renewal talks between CBS and WBTV and negotiations for The Big Bang Theory prequel series, Sheldon, which is in the works for next season. (Lorre, Prady & Molaro will be involved in the prequel)

Also keep in mind as both Jim & Johnny secured WB production deals in the last round of negotiations, Johnny also has landed a pilot at CBS for a comedy called Living Biblically, which Johnny will executive produce.

Tripper, April, wowbagger and 3 others like this

Posted

Sounds like from the TR that Kaley was telling the audience attending the taping last night that two more years is a done deal. I assume she wouldn't have said that if fellow cast members were still negotiating?

Still wanting to see something 'official' so that I know for sure.

Kev0821, Judith, April and 3 others like this

Posted

Wow, if that is true about the original 5 taking a pay cut so that Mayim and Melissa can have more, that is amazing and I have a lot of respect for them for doing that.

bfm, April, mirs1 and 1 other like this

Posted

1 minute ago, SRAM said:

Wow, if that is true about the original 5 taking a pay cut so that Mayim and Melissa can have more, that is amazing and I have a lot of respect for them for doing that.

Variety is a very reliable source. 

wowbagger and Shamyyes like this

Posted

A paycut even of $100,000 (which seems like a lot to us) is like pennies to them! $1million an episode is crazy, no matter how much I love the show!:scratchhead:

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Aimelabhaoise said:

A paycut even of $100,000 (which seems like a lot to us) is like pennies to them! $1million an episode is crazy, no matter how much I love the show!:scratchhead:

Not crazy when you consider how much money they make for the studio. Which like above said, the studio are making  billions from the show.

Edited by 3ku11

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Is it crazy for them to get that much, when Warner Brothers will make over 3 billion from the show?   Would Warner Brothers make that much if they would have lost Jim, Kaley, Johnny, Simon, and Kunal would have left after seven years?  Do you think Warner Brothers should get that extra money, or the actors?  

What I found interesting was that Variety said it was from multiple sources.   

Maybe meaning they know people on the inside.  You don't think that Variety is a reliable source?

Or you meant, multiple people are implying that this is what is what is happening?

Edited by vonmar

Posted

Just now, vonmar said:

Maybe meaning they know people on the inside.  You don't think that Variety is a reliable source?

No, I think its reliable.  I simply meant, that having multiple sources, for the same information, gives Variety a stronger possibility of being correct (at least in my view).    If it was a single source, I would be more skeptical of it.  

hokie3457 and April like this

Posted

Corrected myself..I agree, I trust Variety.  

Posted

31 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Not crazy when you consider how much money they make for the studio. Which like above said, the studio are making  billions from the show.

Also not crazy when you consider how many people actors who are this successful end up needing to employ.

JohnPhD likes this

Posted

5 hours ago, SRAM said:

Looks like they did as Magic Johnson once did for the Lakers so they could pay his team mates more.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/28/big-bang-theory-contracts/

Posted

Nice gesture to take less base salary pay but I suspect with exec producer stuff for Jim and Johnny and other financial payments they aren't taking much of a pay cut in reality. But still sometimes perception and actual friendship means a lot more and they clearly want to keep the gang together so if this achieves it that then fantastic.

Clearly not as much of a 'done deal' as we were first led to believe which I kind of suspected anyway as all the talk in the articles were of the main 5 actors signing and forgetting there is actually 7 actors. Fingers crossed they get a deal done to bring them all back, just wouldn't be the same without any of them.

anicez likes this