8/14-8/28 - Online final round of voting

9/9 - Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Part 1

9/10 - Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Part 2

9/17 - Primetime Emmy Awards...Stephen Colbert, host

Gold Derby

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Online nomination voting began today.  The ballot is huge, here's what I have garnered so far...

Jim & Johnny are submitted in Lead Actor - Comedy

Kaley, Mayim & Melissa are submitted in Supporting Actress - Comedy

Simon & Kunal are submitted in Supporting Actor - Comedy

Directing submissions

The Long Distance Dissonance - Mark Cendrowski

The Gyroscopic Collapse - Anthony Rich

Cinematography submission

The Conjugal Conjecture - Steven Silver

Editing Submission

The Holiday Summation - Peter Chakos

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series

The Locomotion Reverberation

Voting runs 6/12/17 - 6/26/17

http://www.emmys.com/ballots/2017

(Still need to review writing and guest actor submissions, among others)

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

Online nomination voting began today.  The ballot is huge, here's what I have garnered so far...

Jim & Johnny are submitted in Lead Actor - Comedy

Kaley, Mayim & Melissa are submitted in Supporting Actress - Comedy

Simon & Kunal are submitted in Supporting Actor - Comedy

Directing submissions

The Long Distance Dissonance - Mark Cendrowski

The Gyroscopic Collapse - Anthony Rich

Cinematography submission

The Conjugal Conjecture - Steven Silver

Editing Submission

The Holiday Summation - Peter Chakos

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series

The Locomotion Reverberation

Voting runs 6/12/17 - 6/26/17

http://www.emmys.com/ballots/2017

(Still need to review writing and guest actor submissions, among others)

As far as I could see (too many actors, LOL!), as guest actors TBBT submitted Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Keith Carradine and Judd Hirsch.

For the writing, they have submitted The Long Distance Dissonance and The Birthday Synchronicity.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

As far as I could see (too many actors, LOL!), as guest actors TBBT submitted Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Keith Carradine and Judd Hirsch.

For the writing, they have submitted The Long Distance Dissonance and The Birthday Synchronicity.

I was surprised for The Veracity Elasticity had not been submitted. Imo it must have been there what was  writing concern. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13.6.2017 at 9:52 AM, spidergirl said:

I was surprised for The Veracity Elasticity had not been submitted. Imo it must have been there what was  writing concern. 

I think that is the only episode that deserves an Emmy nomination this year. How is "The Long Distance Dissonance" good writing? Shows how off TPTB are.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think that is the only episode that deserves an Emmy nomination this year. How is "The Long Distance Dissonance" good writing? Shows how off TPTB are.

It's a writing award and honestly I can't think of a better, more well written episode from start to finish than Veracity this season.

• Like 3

TBBT didn't score a series nomination or any acting nominations this year, but receive 3 Creative Arts nominations....

OUTSTANDING TECHNICAL DIRECTION, CAMERAWORK, VIDEO CONTROL FOR A SERIES - 2017

The Big Bang Theory

"The Locomotion Reverberation"

John D. O'Brien, Video Control

John Pierre Dechene, Camera

Richard G. Price, Camera

James L. Hitchcock, Camera

Brian Wayne Armstrong, Camera

Nick Gomez, Camera

OUTSTANDING MULTI-CAMERA PICTURE EDITING FOR A COMEDY SERIES - 2017

The Big Bang Theory

"The Holiday Summation"

Peter Chakos, Editor

OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION DESIGN FOR A NARRATIVE PROGRAM (HALF HOUR OR LESS) - 2017

The Big Bang Theory

"The Dependence Transcendence"

John Shaffner, Production Designer

Francoise Cherry-Cohen, Art Director

Ann Shea, Set Decorator

• Like 7

No surprises the series nor the actors got any major nominations this year. It's been well documented the shows been declining in Quality for a few years now. Writing has suffered. That's the point the writing. That has suffered since 2013. I mean even Jim has clearly fallen out of favour with the Emmy voters. And we'll the show was never in favour in the first place.

Edited by 3ku11

18 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

It's been well documented the shows been declining in Quality for a few years now.

If it's so well documented, perhaps you can provide such documentation that isn't anything more than someone's opinion?  

• Like 5

While I agree that the show has morphed to more relationship based rather than focusing on the guys as a core group of misfits, I just don't see the same decline in writing that the more avid posters claim. I really enjoyed the Howardette storyline in particular last year.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comments about other member motivations.
  • Like 3

I remember in 2009, Jim himself was one of the announcers of the LIVE Emmy nominations and he got his own very first nomination  for season 2 and he later submitted Bath Item Gift Hypothesis. I also remember Johnny and Jim BOTH got Emmy nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor for  season 4  in 2011.  AHHH...what an exciting time that was to be a fan of the show !!! Now it has gotten so quite and just ..boring :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

If it's so well documented, perhaps you can provide such documentation that isn't anything more than someone's opinion?  

Lol man you don't need documents to know this show has declined in Quality. Ask anyone. Maybe my phrasing was incorrect. It's well known, is that better. I mean if the writing ain't that bad. Then we'll it might of got nominated. But it hasent since Season 7.

Edited by 3ku11

31 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol man you don't need documents to know this show has declined in Quality. Ask anyone.

The poster, who posted two posts up doesn't think the show has declined.  There are many others who don't think it's declined either.  If you're going to claim it's "well documented", as you did, then yes, you need documents.  

Maybe my phrasing was incorrect. It's well known, is that better. 

It's not just your phrasing.  If it's well known, then there should be some quantitative evidence that the show has declined in quality.  Can you provide that?  Or is everything that you say is well documented or well known, nothing by someone's opinion? 

I mean if the writing ain't that bad. Then we'll it might of got nominated. But it hasent since Season 7.

So, Prior to season four, the show was just as terrible as you think it is now?    Must have been, it didn't get nominated before that, just like it didn't get nominated the last two year.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

So, Prior to season four, the show was just as terrible as you think it is now?    Must have been, it didn't get nominated before that, just like it didn't get nominated the last two year.  

If you spin that way of thinking further one could even argue "the show has always been shit because it never got a nomination in writing!!" lol

IMHO the thing is that TBBT as a whole was never really an Emmys darling outside of the technical categories where they're nominated pretty much every year and even won a few things. But these are often also specific multi-cam comedy categories which aren't really popular these days anyway so the competition is a lot lower there.

For the prestigious categories, sure, you had S4-S7 being nominated in best comedy, you had Mayim being nominated for S5-S8, and a few other little nods sprinkled here and there. But the only real Emmys darling was Jim Parsons with his 6 consecutive noms and 4 wins among them.

Let's not kid ourselves here thinking that TBBT swept the Emmys every year and got dropped like a hot potato all of a sudden.

• Like 7

You have all the new shiny, fresh things coming out all the time on Netflix and Amazon all the time and they just grab the attention of the awarding bodies and viewers.

Meanwhile you have a ten year show (With only sports and sporting events beating it) that I still think is being written well and the acting is still top notch but it's just not as new and shiny as those others.

Now personally I really enjoyed this season and still think there is a lot of stories to tell, I just don't see this fallen off a cliff evidence (I do think the second half of this season was considerably weaker for a period, but I think that might have had something to do with the negotiations). Sure I would change some things (a few actually) but I think it's a testament to the show and its greatness that this 10 year old show is still making me laugh, swear at the screen and get mad and at times almost making me shed a tear and get emotional.

Pretty much the same impact it has had on me every season.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

Yeah its a pity they lost out on major acting nominations . This year, not even guest actors/actresses.  Lots of factors go into that.  Jim has been nominated since season 2. Johnny got one in s4. Mayim in s5-8.  I don't think they will ever get back in the Emmy game again, even acting nominations,  but who knows.

At the very least I'm  glad Jim got to win Emmys for the years I personally felt his work was the funniest : seasons 2-6(not necessarily the episode he submitted but his performance in the seasons in general).   It was always  fun to watch acceptance speeches .

Edited by serena_1995

20 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Yeah its a pity they lost out on major acting nominations . This year, not even guest actors/actresses.  Lots of factors go into that.  Jim has been nominated since season 2. Johnny got one in s4. Mayim in s5-8.  I don't think they will ever get back in the Emmy game again, even acting nominations,  but who knows.

At the very least I'm  glad Jim got to win Emmys for the years I personally felt his work was the funniest : seasons 2-6(not necessarily the episode he submitted but his performance in the seasons in general).   It was always  fun to watch acceptance speeches .

I thought Baranski, Metcalff or Hirsch might get a nod. Also, I think Simon should have been nominated. He is a great comedian and great as a supporting character. 

About Jim I agree that these seasons were his best. It seems that Sheldon lost some of his edge. I don't blame Jim, it is more of a matter of writing and the story. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bfm said:

I thought Baranski, Metcalff or Hirsch might get a nod. Also, I think Simon should have been nominated. He is a great comedian and great as a supporting character. 

You need to keep in mind the playing field though. Comedy is totally dominated my SNL this year which regarding the political climate isn't surprising. Hard to squeeze anyone in if half of the category already goes to that one show alone.

• Like 2

I think that Tbbt doesn't get any nominations anymore at Emmy and the golden globe is just because the show is getting old, it has been around for a decade and new fresh shows are more interesting than Tbbt and I really don't think the quality in writing Tbbt has declined.