Tripper

episodes
1019 'The Collaboration Fluctuation' (March 30)

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Stupidest episode this season, didn't laugh at all, it makes me wonder how they made the studio audience laugh, drugs in their pizza?

bfm, JE7, legacy99 and 6 others like this

Posted (edited)

Well I did something I have not done with this show since 1.01. Stopped watching half way through.

THE WORST EPISODE IN HISTORY OF THIS SHOW

ABSOLOUTELY AWFUL. CRINGY

I needed Caps to express how bad this episode was. I am sorry this is the WOAT. WOAT. Stupid is the right adjective. Poor Leonard LOL. Third Wheel in his own Damn Marrage. I mean I usually maintain, that Taping Reports come across better on screen. This is the first time with this show i can say, it does not. While it was funny for a moment, due to Johnny's comedic timing. When Penny and Raj were doing face masks. And he was sitting their the whole time LOL. It just came across to me. Penny would rather spend time with her Gay friend. Who tried to penetrate her years ago. Then spend time with her Husband. It suggests to me. Lenny are afraid of being alone. Look I don't think this is detrimental

. IT was an isolated sequence of events. Lenny well be fine. I just feel so sorry for Leonard man! I just wanted to hug him LOL. Maybe that was the point of the episode to see Leonard squirm. I am sorry Shamy were also cringy. I Don't know maybe it was the music choice. Best part of the episode was Penny in her yoga pants :icon_redface:. But that is about it. The funniest sequence was probaly Howardette/Leonard shopping. Only Laugh out loud moment was Howard "You sure? You sound like a catty bitch to me". It felt like Reton to me. OF the Lenny playbook. Penny is doing something with someone else. Leonard feels neglected. And does not tell Penny how he is feeling. Penny is absoloutely awful to Leonard. Worst of the season for me. As a Lenny fan, and as  fan of the show. I just hope they can recover from this mess of an episode. It makes me wonder has Katie tooken the form of Penny? I have defended Penny alot in this series. I still maintain she has been pretty good this season. But this was Penny at her absoloute worse. I don't think their was any malcious intent or anything. But she needs to stop being so selfish. And improove on being a better wife and person. I mean I am fine with ehr doing stuff with Raj, I Don't find it threatning or anything. But I don't like how she treated Leonard in this episode at all. 

I actually think the Penny/Raj stuff would of came across a bit better. IF Penny wasen't so stand offish towards Leonard. Brushing him off when he tried to take part in their activities. If they kept that book store sequence. And we saw Penny feeling left out, it would of faired a bit better. IT just came across however, as Penny neglecting her husband. While she bonds with her gay friend. And tells Leonards its his fault for not trusting. 

Edited by 3ku11
legacy99 and Lagernisse like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, Judith said:

I gave this one an Excellent. I LOVED Shamy and really liked Penny/Raj. I love them together and found the dynamic refreshing. It was nice seeing Penny do the things she likes to do for a change.

Howardette amongst the diapers...just no.

ETA: Wasn't there supposed to be a montage of Raj/Lenny at the bookstore? I guess they decided to cut the whole thing out.

Yes, they showed us a clip of the bookstore at the taping. Not sure the reason they cut it out. Time Maybe?

RJ1013, wowbagger and snapepans like this

Posted

Just now, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Yes, they showed us a clip of the bookstore at the taping. Not sure the reason they cut it out. Time Maybe?

Time is my guess.

Posted

9 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Not sure the reason they cut it out.

To confirm and initiate the doom that's awaiting Leonard and Penny, of course! :icon_biggrin:

Posted

I actually enjoyed most of this episode. I watched with my wife and daughter who are fans but not shippers. They were laughing most of the episode. There favorite part was Raj and Penny together.

Getting to my view of the episode. I thought the Shamy was okay. To me Sheldon one upping Amy is getting old and tiring. I actually liked the Penny and Raj storyline. Watching with my family made me not over analyze the episode as much so it made them more enjoyable. I think it's time to get over the season 4 finale. Leonard lost all sympathy with me when he was jealous of Penny spending time with Raj and not Raj spending time with Penny.

My biggest complaint was the scene that took place at the bookstore with Lenny and Raj. I think some people would have felt better seeing Penny left out while Raj and Leonard looked at the books.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I actually enjoyed most of this episode. I watched with my wife and daughter who are fans but not shippers. They were laughing most of the episode. There favorite part was Raj and Penny together.

Getting to my view of the episode. I thought the Shamy was okay. To me Sheldon one upping Amy is getting old and tiring. I actually liked the Penny and Raj storyline. Watching with my family made me not over analyze the episode as much so it made them more enjoyable. I think it's time to get over the season 4 finale. Leonard lost all sympathy with me when he was jealous of Penny spending time with Raj and not Raj spending time with Penny.

My biggest complaint was the scene that took place at the bookstore with Lenny and Raj. I think some people would have felt better seeing Penny left out while Raj and Leonard looked at the books.

That dosent matter both Penny and Raj neglected Leonard the entire episode. Leonard gets the most sympathy. Simply for Penny being a typical neglectful, bad wife. IT doesent matter if Leonard said penny spending time with Raj, or Raj spending time with Penny. Huh? It is the same people! LOL. Whats the difference. 

Edited by 3ku11
legacy99 and sdffcx like this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That dosent matter both Penny and Raj neglected Leonard the entire episode. Leonard gets the most sympathy. Simply for Penny being a typical neglectful, bad wife. IT doesent matter if Leonard said penny spending time with Raj, or Raj spending time with Penny. Huh? It is the same people! LOL. Whats the difference. 

The difference is he was more concerned about losing a friend than a wife. The other problem he had no clue about who the people were that Penny worked with. Obviously Penny knows whomLeonard works with.

Edited by Chrismo
serena_1995 and joyceraye like this

Posted

^Yeah the lack of balance was the issue. IF they kept the Book Scene in. Then would of seen Leonard and Raj bond. And Penny falling asleep. Instead, all we got was Leonard feeling left out and being the third wheel. Some might have found this plot funny. But I found it tedious and quite irritating. Seeing insecure Leonard rear its ugly head. 

joyceraye, veejay, JE7 and 3 others like this

Posted

I liked all the Penny and Raj stuff.  Mopey Leonard was sad in a funny way and I loved the shopping montage.  None of this says anything to me about any sort of grand plan for the future of Lenny, it's just silly sitcom stuff and it was executed well enough to make me laugh.

Shamy collaborating was mostly a snoozer, but I did finally enjoy it a little bit when Amy read the revised rules at the end.  If this becomes a recurring plot, I'm not sure I'll enjoy it.  I guess I just resent how isolated those two have been ever since the move and it was especially evident in this episode after the token cafeteria scene.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I enjoyed most of the episode. The tag I hated. They took it too far.

It was actually nice to see Penny enjoying herself and looking happy. She kind of got carried away with her good time but it won't last. It never does.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

Yay. Another episode delivering the message that Lenny are this lousy couple that doesn't really belong together. Awesome. After years of building this couple (and making lots of people, including me of course, fall in love with it)the writers seem to try to destroy them, butchering them little by little. I really don't get it. 

The Lenny-Raj plot to me was plain stupid, didn't make me laugh even a little. Penny really needs to grow up, she was almost completely oblivious of Leonard's feelings, it is actually Raj that was a little more receptive. Some parts weren't as bad as they appeared in the TR and the bookstore scene was cut which I think made it better than what it could have been. I didn't like that tit-by-tat idea, I think cutting it made it clearer that Penny is the problem and not both of them. Leonard wouldn't neglect her the way she did. Still, it was a bad episode to me, especially Penny-wise. I felt like her role in this episode was to be oblivious and immature. Lately it feels like she is all over the place, she is still sometimes good-friend Penny and more mature Penny but a lot of the times I feel like she has regressed, to her early twenties or something like that (also, since when does she take fashion advice from Raj?! just an episode ago she commented on his awful fashion sense!). Leonard did and does try to imrpove. Of course he has deep self-image problems how wouldn't he? I always say that considering his childhood the guy is a mircale... He didn't want to come out whiny altough in this case, IMO, he definitely had the right to complain! I didn't get why they made it look like he was indeed too whiny. What I really didn't get is him focusing on loosing his friend and not the awful way his wife treated him. Story-wise, maybe he got used to it. That's sad. Writing-wise maybe TPTB didn't want to butcher Lenny all the way so they kept it 80%, you know, to leave something for latter because it is soooo fun. Damn, if they push it a little more they will actually make me want him to leave her. Consider that I'm a full flagged Lenny - that means it is THAT bad. 

The Shamy fights made me laugh a little, especially the rules. Funny thing, there's a researcher in the Psychology department where I've gained my BA that does research on that topic. The time lag thing is a prominent finding in biopsychology. Another one does research on addiction like Amy used to do. In both cases I knew what they were basing the plots about, that is fun :)

I laughed the most with Howardette. I like them more each episode. They are the saving grace for me this season, but it's not enough. 

Edited by bfm
legacy99, Mario D., HeWolf and 4 others like this

Posted

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

^Yeah the lack of balance was the issue. IF they kept the Book Scene in. Then would of seen Leonard and Raj bond. And Penny falling asleep. Instead, all we got was Leonard feeling left out and being the third wheel. Some might have found this plot funny. But I found it tedious and quite irritating. Seeing insecure Leonard rear its ugly head. 

The missing bookshop scene totally changes the story. This is why TRs are so valuable. I hope they put the bookshop scene back in in another week.

snapepans and wowbagger like this

Posted

mixed feelings. for me the best scene is Amy throwing his book with his rules, good job,Amy.

why penny didn't care about him even a little bit?maybe it's too late to come up this question...even raj understand leonerd better. this disregard reminds me of the relationship between my father and mother.

I rewatched it and I needed to close my eyes  for about 7 seconds  when sheldon began showing  his "beautiful,round,sexy" bottom because I want to watch the show not someone's bottom.hetero here btw. sorry,7 seconds is a lttle too long..

joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Actually I prefer it without that scene, I think it gives Leonars more credit: he wouldn't neglect his wife the way she neglects him. The insecuroty thing...I didn't see it that way. I think he has a reason to be hurt although IMO they emphasized his friendship with Raj too much and diminished the way Penny treated him which to me was the main problem.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, bfm said:

Actually I prefer it without that scene, I think it gives Leonars more credit: he wouldn't neglect his wife the way she neglects him. The insecuroty thing...I didn't see it that way. I think he has a reason to be hurt although IMO they emphasized his friendship with Raj too much and diminished the way Penny treated him which to me was the main problem.

Not exactly. IF they showed the book scene. IT would of shown Leonard taking part. And bonding with Raj. Would of allowed us to see Penny knowing how it feels to be left out. So she would understand how she was neglecting Leonard. So it would of balanced things out. But that is JMO. I don't think its a war, or a competition or anything. That Leonard wins because he gets more credit. They are both grown adults, and should act like ones accordingly. Penny degressed 8 seasons tonight. To Bath Item. I hope I never see that Penny ever again. I do agree they emphazised his friendship with Raj too much. When he was like "Raj is my friend". I am not sure why he said that. It was obvious he was more bothered by Penny not including him. I mean when she was talking about the Work Party she went too. And Leonard tried to partake in the conversation. She constantly brushed him off. Like Leonard was invading a private conversation. So I agree they should of emphazised more how Penny was treating him. The last scene diddn't do anything to resolve it. TBH that should of been a scene for Lenny only. Raj was unceccessary. 

1 hour ago, sdffcx said:

mixed feelings. for me the best scene is Amy throwing his book with his rules, good job,Amy.

why penny didn't care about him even a little bit?maybe it's too late to come up this question...even raj understand leonerd better. this disregard reminds me of the relationship between my father and mother.

I rewatched it and I needed to close my eyes  for about 7 seconds  when sheldon began showing  his "beautiful,round,sexy" bottom because I want to watch the show not someone's bottom.hetero here btw. sorry,7 seconds is a lttle too long..

Yeah when Sheldon did that. I Covered my eyes LOL. So cringe. Who is this Sheldon lol, like honestly. Get a grip writers. 

Edited by 3ku11
HeWolf and legacy99 like this

Posted

The Atlanta CBS station pre-empted the episode to cover the catastrophic event that occurred yesterday afternoon/evening. Reading these comments I feel they may have done me a favor...

legacy99 likes this

Posted

52 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think with the abrupt end makes the story incomplete. You mentioned Penny neglecting Leonard but why does he not know who she works with? Penny has never been quiet about gossip.

joyceraye, wowbagger and JohnPhD like this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think with the abrupt end makes the story incomplete. You mentioned Penny neglecting Leonard but why does he not know who she works with? Penny has never been quiet about gossip.

Judging from his comments to Howardette it is perfectly plausible that Penny could have come home from work one day and mentioned work related gossip and he just tuned it out. He made it clear he might have been interested in the actual act of discussing work but he had no real interest in the details.

Edited by Jonny
Chrismo, serena_1995, bfm and 2 others like this