Tripper

episodes
1019 'The Collaboration Fluctuation' (March 30)

63 posts in this topic

Posted

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Judging from his comments to Howardette it is perfectly plausible that Penny could have come home from work one day and mentioned work related gossip and he just tuned it out. He made it clear he might have been interested in the actual act of discussing work but he had no real interest.

Exactly. I'm not excusing Penny's actions but I'm not ignoring Leonard's actions either..

bfm likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, HeWolf said:

The Atlanta CBS station pre-empted the episode to cover the catastrophic event that occurred yesterday afternoon/evening. Reading these comments I feel they may have done me a favor...

It is certainly an awful situation.  My wife was in Atlanta on business and just left early yesterday afternoon.  I hope you and yours are alright and are not impacted much by the nightmare that will follow.

5Mississippis and bfm like this

Posted

54 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Exactly. I'm not excusing Penny's actions but I'm not ignoring Leonard's actions either..

Leonard did know who Penny was talking about from what I Recall. He just diddn't know who exactly. Because he was not part of the conversation lol.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonard did know who Penny was talking about from what I Recall. He just diddn't know who exactly. Because he was not part of the conversation lol.

No he didn't. Leonard was totally confused. Myself being married I know all about my wife's co-workers. Even if I don't want to. Penny has been working at her job for 2 years now.

Edited by Chrismo
joyceraye and JohnPhD like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

Just to clarify, the bookstore montage wasn’t the only part of the Leonard/Penny resolution that was missing. In the final scene that aired, they cut off the discussion in 4A, ending with Penny and Raj leaving Leonard out of his own explanation. The rest of the scene that was taped had Penny and Raj feeling bad about all of it and trying to make it up to him by having him pick an activity that he wants to do. They may have even outright apologized, but I can’t quite remember. 

Anyway, I don’t think Penny would normally go on an outing like that with the two of them, but the fact that she did so added sincerity to what she had said about wanting to make it up to him. And it did so in a humorous way. Cutting all of that out really changed the way that story played out, and it wasn’t for the better, imo. 

Thanks @RJ1013 (also thank you for your earlier post just after the episode aired).  An interesting choice to leave things as they did......

bfm, JE7, 5Mississippis and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Not exactly. IF they showed the book scene. IT would of shown Leonard taking part. And bonding with Raj. Would of allowed us to see Penny knowing how it feels to be left out. So she would understand how she was neglecting Leonard. So it would of balanced things out. But that is JMO. I don't think its a war, or a competition or anything. That Leonard wins because he gets more credit. They are both grown adults, and should act like ones accordingly. Penny degressed 8 seasons tonight. To Bath Item. I hope I never see that Penny ever again. I do agree they emphazised his friendship with Raj too much. When he was like "Raj is my friend". I am not sure why he said that. It was obvious he was more bothered by Penny not including him. I mean when she was talking about the Work Party she went too. And Leonard tried to partake in the conversation. She constantly brushed him off. Like Leonard was invading a private conversation. So I agree they should of emphazised more how Penny was treating him. The last scene diddn't do anything to resolve it. TBH that should of been a scene for Lenny only. Raj was unceccessary. 

Yeah when Sheldon did that. I Covered my eyes LOL. So cringe. Who is this Sheldon lol, like honestly. Get a grip writers. 

I didn't mean it was a competition. I felt like the book store scene would have made it less mature, her getting back what she gave... I prefer having her understand it by listening to him. Of course that didn't happen because that would have been a good Lenny moment and apparently the writers don't want that. As it turns out (thanks @RJ1013!) they even had something like that and cut it!!!

Also, I prefer one of them being inconsiderate of the other than both (well actually I prefer none but I don't expect that from the writers anymore). I also think that scene would have reinfornced the "they can't do anything together" message which I hate.

Edited by bfm
joyceraye and legacy99 like this

Posted

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

It is certainly an awful situation.  My wife was in Atlanta on business and just left early yesterday afternoon.  I hope you and yours are alright and are not impacted much by the nightmare that will follow.

Thanks! We are fine since we actually live outside of Atlanta. My  commute to work is west on I-20 towards Augusta, so I'm fine there also...

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I think with the abrupt end makes the story incomplete. You mentioned Penny neglecting Leonard but why does he not know who she works with? Penny has never been quiet about gossip.

I agree on that, I mentioned it on the Lenny thread as a "positive" since it was better than her not telling him anything at all...

8 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Thanks @RJ1013 (also thank you for your earlier post just after the episode aired).  An interesting choice to leave things as they did......

I can think of two reasons which that coincide with what I came to think of TPTB:

1. Why do anything to make Lenny's situation better? Apparently it is much more fun to butcher them.

2. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough time left fir Sheldon's butt, apparently everybody wants to see that again. (This is not against Jim or his butt :icon_redface: just didn't think it was funny now that it has already been done and thus lost the effect of surprise)

Edited by bfm
typo

Posted

Okay just like the taping report i hated this episode it was a chore to get through the Lenny/Raj story i did not like they went overboard with the things Penny & Raj did together and it became cringeworthy.Penny forgetting she was supposed to be going to breakfast with Leonard because she ended up doing yoga with Raj.Then we have the gossip how would Raj know so much in a short time and more importantly Leonard had no clue what she was talking about was stupid,he couldn't remember going to there office party so i think he never went Penny just thought he had which would explain why he knew nothing but not why Raj did.Then we have Penny suggest they all do something together,so they went shopping and Leonard ended up being bag holder worse Penny took Raj's opinion of her dress rather  than her husband.How awful must it feel for Leonard to think HE is the third wheel with his wife and Raj and them not really be paying attention to him.As for the wine tasting scene how did they not realise Leonard wasn't there i mean they even had a glass of wine for him and then Penny calling him rude was quite ironic although i think that's what the writers where going for.Then we have them talking about Leonard's feelings as though he is sitting right there,it came across just wrong to me.But the worst thing was though it appeared the writers where basically saying it's Leonard's fault and he  should just except his wife doing stuff with Raj that he should just suck it up.

JE7, bfm, legacy99 and 4 others like this

Posted

6 hours ago, bfm said:

I can think of two reasons which that coincide with what I came to think of TPTB:

1. Why do anything to make Lenny's situation better? Apparently it is much more fun to butcher them.

2. Otherwise thete wouldn't be enough time left fir Sheldon's butt, apparently everybody wants to see that again. (This is not against Jim or his butt :icon_redface: just didn't think it was funny now that it has already been done and thus lost the effect of surprise)

It seems pretty obvious that it's number two.  Number one would actually require consideration of Lenny, which the writers haven't had for some time.

Sheldon will let anybody off the street sit in his spot before they cut any Sheldon or Shamy scenes.  It also seems pretty clear that the Sheldon and Amy stuff from this episode was the beginning of something, whereas the story with everybody else was just a one-off joke.

JE7, joyceraye and legacy99 like this

Posted

I understand why Lennies would hate this episode. I am sympathetic, I am. BUT. I will say that Johnny Galecki's playing of Leonard's confusion at the ongoing soap opera of Penny's work situation had me cracking up. He does that so very, very well.

I also wish they'd left in the bookstore scene, for two reasons: one, it would have picked up on Leonard's remark to Howard and Bernie that, in effect, Penny was stealing Raj from him; and two, it would have evened out the score a little. If the show is really going with a 'Leonard and Penny have nothing in common' storyline, then it would be funnier and fresher to keep the angle where Leonard and Penny individually have more in common with a third party than they do with each other. And for heaven's sake, Leonard and Raj have been friends for a long time and it is established that they have common interests. Why not keep the story?

As it is, I agree with @Chrismo that the storyline felt unfinished. As to Raj and Penny, I actually thought they were charming together. And look, Raj's happy joining in with pampering and gossip and shopping is nothing new. It makes sense that he'd enjoy these things. And - thank heavens - the show adamantly steered clear of any sexual jealousy on Leonard's part. He just felt left out, as he would if a female friend was visiting and his wife was completely wrapped up in activities in which he had no interest. The only problem is that there was no satisfactory resolution where - I don't know - Raj was hiding out from Penny and he and Leonard hung out, or Leonard and Penny found a thing they liked, or they decided to timeshare Raj, or something.

3ku11, Capt. Hilts, Jonny and 5 others like this

Posted

10 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

What happened ? Has some saddo Billy-no-mates gone berserk set off a bomb or has there been an accident ? Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Posted

Just now, joyceraye said:

What happened ? Has some saddo Billy-no-mates gone berserk set off a bomb or has there been an accident ? Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

A fire engulfed a portion of a highway making it unusable for months and creating a traffic nightmare for travelers/commuters in the area (in Atlanta). The video showing the fire was quite something. Fortunately there were no injuries.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

No he didn't. Leonard was totally confused. Myself being married I know all about my wife's co-workers. Even if I don't want to. Penny has been working at her job for 2 years now.

Penny also diddn't know Leonard's birthday. So what. IT's not that big of deal. IT is a sitcom alot of its exagerrated. It's not real life. Most likely Leonard diddn't know her co workers, because it is likely Leonard never went to any of her work parties. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, sdffcx said:

mixed feelings. for me the best scene is Amy throwing his book with his rules, good job,Amy.

why penny didn't care about him even a little bit?maybe it's too late to come up this question...even raj understand leonerd better. this disregard reminds me of the relationship between my father and mother.

I rewatched it and I needed to close my eyes  for about 7 seconds  when sheldon began showing  his "beautiful,round,sexy" bottom because I want to watch the show not someone's bottom.hetero here btw. sorry,7 seconds is a lttle too long..

Sheldon was making fun of what Amy does and showing he knows what she's doing when she walks like that. It tells us he's noticed. :)

Edited by joyceraye
Removing merged post which was on a different topic.
Jedichic98 likes this

Posted

Wow. Big split in the episode pole.

Posted

8 Excellent and 6 Bad. 2 Very Bad. I voted Very Bad :icon_cheesygrin:. Can't beleive the 8 Excellent though. In what universe was that an excellent episode of The Big Bang Theory. 

legacy99 likes this

Posted

44 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Can't beleive the 8 Excellent though. In what universe was that an excellent episode of The Big Bang Theory. 

Just because it might not be an excellent episode for you doesn't mean it can't be for someone else.

Posted

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon was making fun of what Amy does and showing her knows what she's doing when she walks like that. It tells us he's noticed. :)

thanks for your explanation,I have misunderstood why sheldon showed his ass,I simply thought he was just giving a demonstration.

Posted

4 minutes ago, sdffcx said:

thanks for your explanation,I have misunderstood why sheldon showed his ass,I simply thought he was just giving a demonstration.

Whatever he was trying to do it came across as silly cheek to me. 

bfm, legacy99 and JE7 like this

Posted

41 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

Just because it might not be an excellent episode for you doesn't mean it can't be for someone else.

Though true people IMO tend to vote based on the ship.

Enrico Fermi, legacy99 and bfm like this

Posted

A fire engulfed a portion of a highway making it unusable for months and creating a traffic nightmare for travelers/commuters in the area (in Atlanta). The video showing the fire was quite something. Fortunately there were no injuries.

Thanks. Sounds awful. Very disruptive. Glad nobody was hurt.

bfm likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

I dont understand why some things must seem realistic for the characters  sake and others not as it is a sitcom. Imo a sitcon has two interpretation options.  The characters are seen as fictional and everything is seen as possible because it is a ficcional world and it is unlikely to  the viewer have issues for characters behavior because they are fictional so all non sense is allowed. Or the characters are seen as fictional but as they portray real situations.  As I tend to follow second option, I still have some issues about some situations portrayed in tbbt.

Yeah, not everything has to make sense in a comedy show.