Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strawberry

RIP, Chuck Berry.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am primarily a Beatles fan but I must admit that Chuck was one of the first innovators and the original king of Rock and Roll. His music style was greatly influential to The Beatles and many rock and roll bands to follow. Not to forget, at age 90, he outlasted most musicians from his era. May he Rest In Peace. I did a tribute bass guitar cover of johnny B Good on my Facebook page. I only wish I knew how to play lead guitar and dance the way Chuck did.

veejay likes this

Posted

I’ve seen him surprisingly live at The Jazz Festival in the Olympic Hall Munich, 1981: Bebop, Rock’n’Roll and Cool United
and I was pretty enthusiastic.
R.I.P. Chuck

Posted (edited)

'Nooo!' was my reaction just now as I saw this thread and confirmed this with google...

I was thinking about Maybelline today during my current fandom of Gravity Falls wondering if Mable was short for Maybelline?- His music lives on to today even - in that it still found itself into this psyche when thinking about a cartoon show I've recently gotten into.

Of course his influence spawned rock as it was known with The Rolling Stones; for if it wasn't for millions of young kids listening to his records 'back in the day' we wouldn't have had music like it was, like how it happened if it wasn't for this gentleman...

He probably was even the guy who made guitar cool, I owe so much to him for that and it is with fondness that I think of Chuck Berry, God rest his soul. Great great man, and so sadly lost as I heard he had an album coming out this year too - his first studio album out in a generation.

RIP Chuck Berry

Edited by ShelledInCoopedUp
spidergirl likes this

Posted

His work in music was remarkable and most of rock musicians have Chuck as an influence in their style. Rest in peace Berry....

ShelledInCoopedUp likes this

Posted

Chuck Berry in Concert is on tonight. At 9 O'clock on BBC4.

Posted

:(