Tripper

1021 'The Separation Agitation' (April 13)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

It was nice to see Penny's locket back we don't get to see wear it that much so i'm curious why they chose to have her wear it in this episode:icon_question:

I think it's just a matter of the occasion and the clothes she'll be wearing. She wore it on Sheldon's birthday when she was dressed up, in Line Substitution with Beverly visiting to attend her wedding (and that blouse was pretty and went well with it) and now in 10.21 where they have a new guest in 4a, and again she's wearing a very pretty blouse that goes well with the locket. Can you imagine Penny wearing it with that grey sweatshirt when she was teaching the boys how to fish? Tv is all about the image and it would look weird.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 3

IMO this episode was shit. I really don't care about Bert enough to be interested in a story that involves him. Raj seemed totally superfluous, as did Stuart even though I found him funnier than Raj. However the Hallie story could have been accomplished equally as well if not better with just the parents. In regards to Sheldon, what can I say before he used to be charmingly clueless, now he's just a regular asshole, which leaves us with Lenny. All I have to say about them is that it would be nice to have the real Lenny back and not just the actors who portray them spewing lines that don't fit them very well. I still am amazed by the levels of quality the writing has sunk to. Very, very sad indeed.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Okay after giving it some thought the episode wasn't as bad as i originally commented,i'm not going to repeat what i wrote in the Lenny thread.I didn't like Sheldon's constant comments about how Bert and Rebecca where like Leonard and Penny,was just mean and unfunny.

I didn't find Leonard's response to when Penny asked Rebecca was the offer of giving free personal training open to everybody smug like some others thought,and if you look Penny actually has a little smirk on her face after he says it.

Penny's line about how on there first date Leonard bought her a pretzel,was odd because they went to dinner although i suppose he could of gotten it afterward and before Penny got her ice cream.

I was baffled by Penny's comment to Bert if she honestly thought her and Leonard had nothing in common then why did she make she the comment about relationships being about respect and things in common.Does that imply that Penny thinks they do have things in common?,i didn't like Sheldon's line about them having nothing in common and should break up it was mean,he  never spent every waking moment with them so how would he know that they don't have things in common.

Didn't like that Sheldon said that Leonard got Penny through the power of grovelling or that Leonard said he can beg till the end of time,because neither i the reason they are together.Penny response i wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or just joking:scratchhead:

Howard's imitation of Bernie and Stuart where funny.

Oh i thought Leonard&Penny's FwF interview when they both smiled at each others comments was kinda cute.:shy:

It was nice to see Penny's locket back we don't get to see wear it that much so i'm curious why they chose to have her wear it in this episode:icon_question:

The bold part -  I really wanted her to respond to that but I knew this was unprobable, for two reasons. The first is more problematic: the writers think it is true. That's just sad, they don't even know their own characters and their relationship now. The second one is that it would be harder to get humor into a moment like that, but I think they could have her say something about having a similar sense of humor and attitudes, have Leonard agree and them smiling at each other, and then have Sheldon mock those things and say these things are not important and say he and Amy both share *insert something weird* (this is not to derrogate Shamy, just Sheldon assigning importance to unsual things).

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I was baffled by Penny's comment to Bert if she honestly thought her and Leonard had nothing in common then why did she make she the comment about relationships being about respect and things in common.Does that imply that Penny thinks they do have things in common?

I don't see how the comment could imply they have things in common. I can only think Penny was not really thinking about herself consciously when she made the comment. If there is a deeper take away we will not know for sure until the end of the season. 

• Like 1