Syndication deal official!!!!

Apparently the deal was for a huge amount of money. Perhaps the biggest sitcom syndie deal of all time. :icon_eek: TBS reportedly paying $1.5m per episode, racking up more than Two and a Half Men did when it entered syndication.

In the U.S., new shows are given three years where all you can see on TV is the new shows (unless the main network is reairing them in the offseason or an off-week). After three years, their rebroadcast rights (i.e., syndication) are sold to other entities (in this case Fox and TBS). CBS can only show the season they're airing, no old episodes. Those rights now belong with Fox and TBS (i.e., TBS can air a marathon of the entire series up until the season 4 premiere if they wanted to, as they have the cable rights to syndication).

Fox has the broadcast syndication rights (which can then be contracted out by market, which is usually the 4-7 time slot or 10-12 timeslot, depending on if the channel has news, etc, as well as weekend airing).

WalletNook

I am not from USA, so i don't get really what is syndicate a serie. Can someone explain to me, please ? I do understand this way the show have more time on tv, but not sure why

The Big Bang theory is owned by CBS one of the major networks. Under syndication another network and TV station can now broadcast the reruns of the show. CBS will still air the new shows each Monday night but another network can now display the old shows beginning in 2011.

I am not from USA, so i don't get really what is syndicate a serie. Can someone explain to me, please ? I do understand this way the show have more time on tv, but not sure why

The Big Bang theory is owned by CBS one of the major networks. Under syndication another network and TV station can now broadcast the reruns of the show. CBS will still air the new shows each Monday night but another network can now display the old shows beginning in 2011.

Thank you Bill o/

The other big deal about syndication is that its huge money for both the creators and actors. It becomes passive income for them. Everytime an episode airs in syndication both the shows executives and the actors get paid.