MJM

Penny and Leonard

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you think they should be parents???

Posted

Right now? No. But in the future they probably well. 

Posted (edited)

I do think they are ready, I think they are being held back artificially because the wirters believe it would complicate things for them (the writers). I didn,t buy it when they said they lack maturity in season 9, they have been Sheldon's surrogate parents for years, and he's a hard kid! LOL. They have their faults but I think they are more ready than Howardette were. I do believe they should resolve the unclear tension they are having for the last 4 months but maybe unrecognized parental ambitions are part off it, we have seen Penny get stress and even hostile when feeling a development in their relationship is approaching. There is also her unhappiness with her job, this could be the source of tension or another part of it and I would like it resolved soon, preferably before a pregnancy.

Edited by bfm
clarification
legacy99 and luminous like this

Posted

On 2017-4-20 at 8:15 PM, Jonny said:

I would look to sort Penny's career out first then explore them having children.

Not necessarily. Things in the sales world change and in medicine even more so. Her career could disappear. Better to wait until it's time to go back to work when they're at school and she can concentrate on building a career that won't need to be interrupted.

On 2017-4-19 at 10:56 PM, MJM said:

Do you think they should be parents???

I don't see why not. Once Penny's paid her debts off there's no need to wait.

Posted

No, not the way the writers have written them in season 10, they have too many issues.  I do think Penny's job is an issue, because she is around so many successful people she needs to feel success in her life too.  That is why I would like her to get back to acting, it was her dream and having a little success in it would make her feel good about herself.  She doesn't have to be a star, but a recurring small part on TV would be enough.  I also thing Leonard and Penny need to be more affectionate to each other, like earlier seasons, before they can be affectionate to a baby.  Who wants a continuously sarcastic mother like Penny is now, it would almost be like being raised by Beverly.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Beverley wasent sarcastic she was mean. Penny is snarky but she is not mean. Like Leonard said Most of the time she is fun time Penny, but sometimes she can turn into the hulk. Far as I can see Lenny are still very affectionate towards each other. Besides I don't think affection has anything to with Lenny being good parents. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

On 4/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, Jonny said:

I would look to sort Penny's career out first then explore them having children.

The 'Penny's career' thing is overblown. Penny is not prepared to have a 'career'. She's a high school graduate that dropped out of a community college. Her unassisted essay for her history class was as bad as her cooking. On her own, Penny has little to no marketable skills. The only vocational training she has relates to her unsuccessful attempts at becoming a successful actor. Penny needs to sit down and assess her interests and abilities and then work towards something specific. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

37 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

The 'Penny's career' thing is overblown. Penny is not prepared to have a 'career'. She's a high school graduate that dropped out of a community college. Her unassisted essay for her history class was as bad as her cooking. On her own, Penny has little to no marketable skills. The only vocational training she has relates to her unsuccessful attempts at becoming a successful actor. Penny needs to sit down and assess her interests and abilities and then work towards something specific. 

Not every career requires a lot of training. She is good in sales. Maybe she could go into sales of something that doesn't requires her to lie or flirt that much. 

Carlos, JE7, Jonny and 1 other like this

Posted

59 minutes ago, bfm said:

Not every career requires a lot of training. She is good in sales. Maybe she could go into sales of something that doesn't requires her to lie or flirt that much. 

She would be great at being one of the roving reporters on a show like entertainment tonight or even one of the hosts because she is so up on everything going on in entertainment.  They could probably could easily get little guest shots of Penny interviewing Stars for the show by just having Kaley visit them on set with a cameraman and then just asking the Stars to fool around with it acting like themselves.

joyceraye, legacy99, bfm and 1 other like this

Posted

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, SRAM said:

She would be great at being one of the roving reporters on a show like entertainment tonight or even one of the hosts because she is so up on everything going on in entertainment.  They could probably could easily get little guest shots of Penny interviewing Stars for the show by just having Kaley visit them on set with a cameraman and then just asking the Stars to fool around with it acting like themselves.

You're right! That seems like a great idea! That way she could be in front of a camera and become a star of sorts in her own right.  A source of comedy could be Penny getting mad at the people she's interviewing when she asks them about their past because it could turn out that some of their big breaks could have come for roles that Penny had auditioned for but didn't get. I know the show isn't that meta but it could blend real life with fantasy. I think that would be very interesting. 

JohnPhD, legacy99 and joyceraye like this

Posted

On 5/19/2017 at 10:40 AM, Carlos said:

You're right! That seems like a great idea! That way she could be in front of a camera and become a star of sorts in her own right.  A source of comedy could be Penny getting mad at the people she's interviewing when she asks them about their past because it could turn out that some of their big breaks could have come for roles that Penny had auditioned for but didn't get. I know the show isn't that meta but it could blend real life with fantasy. I think that would be very interesting. 

I could see all of the guys wanting to tag along with her if she was going to interview someone like Robert Downy Jr. or another actor who plays a superhero.  Can you imagine Sheldon fawning over her, being nice and doing things for her just so she would allow him to accompany her to an interview.

bfm, JohnPhD and joyceraye like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I could see all of the guys wanting to tag along with her if she was going to interview someone like Robert Downy Jr. or another actor who plays a superhero.  Can you imagine Sheldon fawning over her, being nice and doing things for her just so she would allow him to accompany her to an interview.

Definitely! I could totally imagine that. It would be hilarious! and perhaps to add insult to injury we could have nerd icons (for lack of a better word) sort of ignoring the guys because they're being a pain and acting great towards Penny because she's being cool about it. I wouldn't mind Leonard not being able to go and being bummed about it, and afterwards Penny getting him an autograph or something special to make up for it.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

On 26/05/2017 at 3:25 PM, SRAM said:

Of course, Penny is so nice and kind, it would be OOC for her to set Sheldon tasks like Howard did when Stephen Hawking visited.

Edited by JohnPhD
joyceraye likes this