Tripper

episodes
1022 'The Cognition Regeneration' (April 27)

57 posts in this topic

Posted

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

We know Amy spent time in Norway so she might have had what we call a 'continental breakfast' there or somewhere else in Europe.

I've had a "Continental Breakfast" and it wasn't what I'd call a breakfast. :( 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

When I was on a course at a French uni I'm afraid a cup of hot chocolate and a croissant didn't do it for me. I had to go up and get another helping of everything. It didn't half make the canteen ( which they called 'restaurant' and was nothing like restaurants as we knew them in the UK at the time) ladies grumpy. ( ' Encore un déjeuner. Hurghh' )   Breakfast at  our own college back home - paid for by HMG in those days -  was a good old English one :  bacon and eggs with all the trimmings, served by cheerful ladies with a friendly accent ('You can have all the toast you wants, me dear') that kept us going till lunchtime.

Posted

I think it would be quite IC for Howard to be turned on by Tammy Jo as voiced by Bernadette. I'd like to see them do something with that.

serena_1995 and bfm like this

Posted

It was typical of how the writing has deteriorated that Penny couldn't remember the 3-word name of the guys' project. She's an actress, remember? Like memorizing lines? And she remebered the physics words Sheldon taught her in 310 The Gorilla Experiment. But now the line is just make Penny look stupid.

legacy99, JE7 and bfm like this

Posted

9 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

It was typical of how the writing has deteriorated that Penny couldn't remember the 3-word name of the guys' project. She's an actress, remember? Like memorizing lines? And she remebered the physics words Sheldon taught her in 310 The Gorilla Experiment. But now the line is just make Penny look stupid.

The name of the experiment is not a script she was motivated to remember. Again in The Gorilla Experiment she was motivated to learn something about physics. That goal passed a long time ago. It is conceivable she won't recall the name of the project.

Posted

Just because she's an actress, doesn't mean memorization is easy.  I have to read and read the script, just to get started,  but until we get our blocking and I tie a line to a motion, a movement, another actor, a location, or even another line, a lot of the lines don't stick.   Quite a few other actors are the same.   

Penny would probably have had to keep going over and over the physics words in "Gorilla", until she had them.  As for this experiment, she's probably only heard it a couple of times, and hasn't gone over and over those particular words enough to remember them easily.  

djsurrey, bfm and April like this

Posted

Everything that @Tensor said plus these guys (Kaley, Johnny, Mayim, Jim, etc.), are professionals and THEY even screw up lines.  We here it from people that go to taping a all the time and supposedly Jim walks around rehearsals with index cards in his back pocket.  Everybody has a different way of remembering lines and it's never easy.  But this was something Penny didn't HAVE TO REMEMBER FOR A ROLE.  There's the big difference of why she didn't or wouldn't even need to remember.  And as she's said many times, a lot of what they talk about when it comes to their work, flies right over her head.  

If science isn't your thing, it's going to.  It's one of the reasons I wasn't interested in this show when it first came out.  Finally got hooked catching the second episode on syndication when we couldn't find the remote to change the channel.  Ended up in the bathroom so I wouldn't wet myself from laughing so hard.  We were hooked after that.  And I became a hard core Shamy shipper after the train kiss.  

spidergirl, hokie3457 and Jonny like this