Tripper

1024 'The Long Distance Dissonance' (May 11)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Whether any romantic shenanigans she had in mind were to be undertaken outside work we'll never know. 

In The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem, she wouldn't let him stop doing science, even at home, on evenings and weekends.

12 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

maybe someone like Martha or Vanessa or Raj's date from season 1(Lalita the princess girl ?). 

Prior to Amy, I thought Martha was perfect for Sheldon.

Clever, beautiful and sexy.

What's not to like?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Come on, people, eight years have passed since we saw Ramona, do your priority in life have stayed the same as eight years ago??  Sheldon himself wasn't interested in relationships in S. 2 and at the end of 10.24 he asked Amy to marry him...That's life!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

In The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem, she wouldn't let him stop doing science, even at home, on evenings and weekends.

Prior to Amy, I thought Martha was perfect for Sheldon.

Clever, beautiful and sexy.

What's not to like?

She wouldn't let him have any interests outside his work until he'd finished the theorem but that was over eight years ago. She had her way to make then and wanted her teacher to be on the ball so that was fair enough from her POV. These days it's a little different: if she wants a romance with Sheldon there would have to be some room for leisure time somewhere.  Having said that, her bringing food to his very desk shows some habits have remained :). He's eaten his lunch at Amy's lab bench before now so he's not fussy where he eats at work.

Martha would have suited him in many ways but for the fact that she was too 'forward'  for him at the time. He was such a gentleman/so naif that when she was prepared to go to bed he went to sleep in Leonard's room. I wonder what happened to her ? I wonder how Patsy, Ramona's fellow student, turned out ?

12 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

it probably would have made more sense if they had brought back some girl who had actually shown a hint of romantic interest in Sheldon . maybe someone like Martha or Vanessa or Raj's date from season 1(Lalita the princess girl ?). Ramona, as I remember didn't show any interest in dating Sheldon , although she did think he was cute.  Its weird they brought back the one character who did not want Sheldon to be distracted with romance.  Ramona even warned Penny to stay away from Sheldon in s2.  of course, you can always explain by saying Ramona changed over the years, but she was like a whole new person in 10.24 without much explanations -  probably just a plot device for shamy proposal, more than anything. 

Bring Princess Puchalli for Raj.  And bring his mother to town to make it happen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Come on, people, eight years have passed since we saw Ramona, do your priority in life have stayed the same as eight years ago??  Sheldon himself wasn't interested in relationships in S. 2 and at the end of 10.24 he asked Amy to marry him...That's life!

Sure people can change , but some explanation from Ramona about how /why her outlook changed wouldn't have hurt. Otherwise thats just what you are assuming, not what the writers had are telling - that's just bad  inconsistent writing.  

Also , "thats life" explanation doesnt always work for tv shows. In life,  people change , but they don't always change for the better. Sometimes people rarely change at all. In reality-  death, divorce, permanent break ups , cheating....any of that could also occur to Shamy.  I'm sure people wouldn't want . Coz its not life,  its just a fictional couple and I sure would appreciate more consistency in characterization and writing  

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 1

I don't really see the issue. Ramona was a one-off character from 8 years ago and outside of her over-ambitious approach to that theorem she wanted credit for we knew nothing about her as a person. Now she's back with more life experience and her PhD in her pocket and she's open for a relationship and sees a potential partner in Sheldon. In the end most of their interactions revolved around science anyway so... eh, whatever. No big deal.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Sure people can change , but some explanation from Ramona about how /why her outlook changed wouldn't have hurt. Otherwise thats just what you are assuming, not what the writers had are telling - that's just bad  inconsistent writing.  

I'm not stating that the Ramona plot was good writing, actually I hated it. But I find very believable, in my life experience, that she might have set her priority differently in time, that was a very straightforward explanation to me. It also helps that I believe she was interested in Sheldon as a man and not only as a scientist also in S. 2, she just decided to not act on that for the sake of science. Eight years later, she might think that she has done enough for science with her own work and Sheldon can be distracted, LOL!

34 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Also , "thats life" explanation doesnt always work for tv shows. In life,  people change , but they don't always change for the better. Sometimes people rarely change at all. In reality-  death, divorce, permanent break ups , cheating....any of that could also occur to Shamy.  I'm sure people wouldn't want . Coz its not life,  its just a fictional couple and I sure would appreciate more consistency in characterization and writing  

Actually, what I find really appealing in this show is that it resembles my experience in life very much. The way the life of those characters (all of them) has evolved in time resounds with me on a personal level, that's what has happened to me and my circle of friends and I find that the most believable thing in the show. Sure some people don't change (like Raj or Kripke) or change for the worst (like Stuart), but deaths, break ups, work experiences, meeting new people, finding new hobbies, all of that tend to change people. Sure there are things I wouldn't want to see on screen, but I guess that, as in life, there's no guarantee that we like what is expecting us.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

If Ramona was a character who casually  appears on show like Mary or Beverly or if she would become  part of support  cast as Stuart who appears in many episodes, it would be a case to worry the incosistency or lack of info about her evolution . Ramona appeared once before 10.24 and her role in it was to shake things a bit in shamy front. To me it is not a big deal either. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

She's got her degree, now.  And has had a great gig at Cern.

She can afford to kick back a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder what happened to her ?

There's one interpretation, of what happened that night, in one of my fanfics.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

She's got her degree, now.  And has had a great gig at Cern.

She can afford to kick back a bit.

Yup ! As a young postgrad she was hungry but now she can see a time coming when at age thirty or so she can finally pause for breath. She has her doctorate, got her career very well established, is doing her post-doc which will open more possibilities, so she's where she can soon begin to think about 'relationships' and perhaps even contributing to the homo novum race. Who better than the man who taught her with whom she's kept in touch workwise - perhaps not enough on a personal level to know how firmly he's spoken for - to  approach to see if he's open for anything now she's close to his academic level ?

What remains to be seen is whether she'll take 'nothing doing' for an answer, move on and we'll never see her again, or whether she'll hang around. It also remains to be seen how many more of Sheldon's shining stars are ready to pop back into his life. Or whether the writers will totally forget the idea.

24 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Edited by joyceraye
Removal of unconnected merged item to be saved for later.

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

There's one interpretation, of what happened that night, in one of my fanfics.

I daren't look. :) But I will.

If you are a fan of Shamy this cliffhanger will definitely have you watching the season 11 premiere.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just hope the premiere goes smoothly.

I want the opening scene to be, Shamy in bed together (naked and out of breath from their 'coital exertions' ), with the ring firmly ensconced on Amy's third finger, left hand.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I just hope the premiere goes smoothly.

I want the opening scene to be, Shamy in bed together (naked and out of breath from their 'coital exertions' ), with the ring firmly ensconced on Amy's third finger, left hand.

Sounds like a good idea if Mayim still has to keep her speaking to a minimum. The next scene could then show Amy, as usual wrapped up in a dressing gown as if her quarters are not heated, eating toast and smiling over a cuppa with a bag hanging over the edge while Sheldon phones round everybody.

8 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Sorry!  I prefer to see her in the Green Lantern t-shirt.

I want to see the pieces of the Catholic schoolgirl outfit strewn on the floor; then pan up to post coital cuddling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

I want to see the pieces of the Catholic schoolgirl outfit strewn on the floor; then pan up to post coital cuddling.

So you think she took it with her in that case Sheldon bought her ? Hmm. She must have been expecting him to turn up.

23 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

So you think she took it with her in that case Sheldon bought her ? Hmm. She must have been expecting him to turn up.

Not saying it's probable, just that I would like to see a return of the Catholic Schoolgirl outfit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

Not saying it's probable, just that I would like to see a return of the Catholic Schoolgirl outfit.

It suits her well. Better than the school gymslip she wears so often.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

School gymslip?

The school uniform winter dress typically worn by girls in UK until recently and still hasn't entirely died out, especially by younger girls in independent schools, is the style of dress Amy sometimes wears. It is sleeveless and is worn over a blouse. To me it makes her look childish because of its associations. I last wore one when I was seven. When it's part of a school uniform it's called a gymslip. Some gymslips have a lower neckline so that a tie can be worn. They were/are usually of dark colours,such as bottle green, black, or most often navy blue like Amy's. 

Here's a Wikipedia entry :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymslip

Edited by joyceraye

On 03/07/2017 at 0:40 PM, Carm6773 said:

I thought the Catholic Schoolgirl scene was utterly disgusting and should never have been shown.

• Like 2