veejay

In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga.

To be honest I think Johnny is not that happy about the show anymore and I think Kaley may have had an influence in his staying.  The comment she made to him, when they talked to the audience during one taping, seems like a large hint he wasn't too happy during the past negotiations.  What that means to me is that he is just going to do what he is told the next two seasons, without much enthusiasm, so we should expect more of the same as season 10 and not much of Lenny.

Just now, SRAM said:

To be honest I think Johnny is not that happy about the show anymore and I think Kaley may have had an influence in his staying.  The comment she made to him, when they talked to the audience during one taping, seems like a large hint he wasn't too happy during the past negotiations.  What that means to me is that he is just going to do what he is told the next two seasons, without much enthusiasm, so we should expect more of the same as season 10 and not much of Lenny.

Sadly I don't expect anything when it comes to Lenny these days. 

29 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Sadly I don't expect anything when it comes to Lenny these days. 

Yeah me either, the show has changed now to be centered around one character. The show is now following the same pattern as the old sitcom 'Family Matter' where the quirky character, Uriel, takes over the show like Sheldon has with TBBT.  There are actually many similarities between Sheldon and Urkel, they are both smart and socially inept, etc.  But the point is, the show is no way any longer like 'Friends' where they maintained an ensemble show till the end.  So Lenny has now become secondary characters in the show and I expect them to remain that way till the end.

1 minute ago, SRAM said:

Yeah me either, the show has changed now to be centered around one character. The show is now following the same pattern as the old sitcom 'Family Matter' where the quirky character, Uriel, takes over the show like Sheldon has with TBBT.  There are actually many similarities between Sheldon and Urkel, they are both smart and socially inept, etc.  But the point is, the show is no way any longer like 'Friends' where they maintained an ensemble show till the end.  So Lenny has now become secondary characters in the show and I expect them to remain that way till the end.

This season it has felt like the writers only wants to write plots to four(Shamy and Howardette) of the seven characters. We have some ideas what will happen to Shamy and Howardette in season 11, but what about Lenny and Raj ?

We got nothing about Lenny and Raj to speculate about over the hiatus, in my mind this is really poor writing. 

I think it is really sad that the writers seems to have forgotten that the show is about seven characters.

I think they really need to do something with Penny's career, they have hinted at it all season, so in 11 they need to act to change it.  I would like to see her get something in show business, nothing big but maybe a small recurring part in a sitcom or afternoon soap opera.  They did it with Joey in 'Friends' and he was a much worse actor than Penny.  I would love to see Penny sign autographs and take Leonard to a Hollywood party.  Again it could be something small but it would allow her to realize her dream.

I think they are going to kill off Margo on NCIS, so I think her coming back to TBBT as Dr. Alex Jensen and liking a talking Raj. would be interesting, especially because Penny would keep her eye an her.

Jealousy over Leonard would be fun to watch and a possessive Penny, of her husband, would be a nice change.

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

I think it's unfair to blame Johnny's lack of enthusiasm on whats wrong with Lenny. To me blame is clearly with the writers.

58 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I think it's unfair to blame Johnny's lack of enthusiasm on whats wrong with Lenny. To me blame is clearly with the writers.

No I'm not saying he is responsible for what is being written, I'm inferring that he is not in the mindset to question their stories and just comes to work, does his job and collects his check.

9 minutes ago, SRAM said:

No I'm not saying he is responsible for what is being written, I'm inferring that he is not in the mindset to question their stories and just comes to work, does his job and collects his check.

I think he has other interests (always has) and projects like the others. When he's interviewed he's always complementary to everyone involved in the show. I don't think it's a sure thing he didn't want to renew either. I actually think the evidence is very slim.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan

I've absolutely no idea how Johnny or Kaley feel about the material they're getting, but if I truly loved acting I don't think I'd be too happy if I were them. Sure the money's great, but acting wise they're not being challenged at all. They barely get to sink their teeth into anything. I can't imagine becoming an actor for that. I'm saying this because I once had a job that I liked, but didn't challenge me at all and it made me really unhappy even though the money was OK. I'm happy Johnny got to do something else recently.

On 7.5.2017 at 11:24 AM, Lagernisse said:

I'm thinking more of continental drift when we are talking about Lenny moving forward. :sarcastichand: and to be honest, if we are looking back to the second half of season 10 that the writers didn't care at all for Lenny.  

They cared to degrade them, probably for Shamy's sake. I actually prefer them standing behind the kitchen island joking about others for 2 minutes am episode than watching them fight with no justification or resolution over and over again.

1 minute ago, bfm said:

They cared to degrade them, probably for Shamy's sake. I actually prefer them standing behind the kitchen island joking about others for 2 minutes am episode than watching them fight with no justification or resolution over and over again.

I can only agree, I have Lenny much more behind their beloved kitchen island just observing Shamy instead of meaningless fighting. 

I think Kaley will ride the TBBT train for  as long as it lasts simply for the money then retire to her horses and start a family, maybe the occasional guest spot here and there. Johnny is just staying to help out his friend and bank some cash for his own projects in the future. I think the love (for the show) is gone for both of them.

Of course IMO

Edited by JE7

22 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I think Kaley eill rude the TBBT train for  as long as it lasts simply for the money then retire to her horses and start a family, maybe the occasional guest spot here and there. Johnny is just staying to help out his friend and bank some cash for his own projects in the future. I think the love (for the show) is gone for both of them.

Of course IMO

c_0068.gif.a7dde4175f59e1e515b4ff49b5c524ac.gif

:shy:

20 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I think Kaley eill rude the TBBT train for  as long as it lasts simply for the money then retire to her horses and start a family, maybe the occasional guest spot here and there. Johnny is just staying to help out his friend and bank some cash for his own projects in the future. I think the love (for the show) is gone for both of them.

Of course IMO

Kaley have mention that after TBBT, there will be even more focus on her horses and she will cut back on the acting and I also think you could be right that Kaley at this stage is only in for the money, just take a look at her IG account , there isn't a lot of photos promoting the show anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Kaley have mention that after TBBT, there will be even more focus on her horses and she will cut back on the acting and I also think you could be right that Kaley at this stage is only in for the money, just take a look at her IG account , there isn't a lot of photos promoting the show anymore. 

I am sure she will also continue and maybe expand her work with and for animal charities 

Why woukd Kaley use her IG to promote the show anymore. She is hardly in it, Johnny too lol. Clearly they stay for the money. What else is their?

On 5/8/2017 at 10:15 AM, vonmar said:

What has he said?

He doesent have too. IT is clear based on his social media activity. And from what I have heard. He is staying because of Kaley. And money to help out his projects. IT is pretty obvious. I mean what else is the reason. Because he is having such a creative ball on the show? Hahaha yeah sure. 

59 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

He doesent have too. IT is clear based on his social media activity. And from what I have heard. He is staying because of Kaley. And money to help out his projects. IT is pretty obvious. I mean what else is the reason. Because he is having such a creative ball on the show? Hahaha yeah sure. 

But you said this...

On 5/7/2017 at 5:14 PM, 3ku11 said:

I think the evidence as they say is in the pudding. So I wouldent be surprised if Johnny wanted to leave. Based on what he has said. 

What did Johnny say?

Edited by vonmar

I guess i just glad johnny and kaley are getting big checks just to stand around i don't see how either could be happy with the show

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk