veejay

In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

it's sad that she doesn't do that anymore, no more touching him, hugs or cheek kisses, that's whats been missing this season and in the last few aswell .

I know, I know...writing something positive about Lenny is somehow not very popular in this forum at the moment, and it's not my intention to sugarcoat Lenny's current treatment by TPTB, but it's not true, that there are no displays of affection between Leonard and Penny anymore. It became less, but it's not entirely gone.

And since this is the Lenny shipper thread, in which supportive postings about our favorite couple always should be welcome, let me post these gifs (all from season 10)... :icon_wink:

lennyinhaler1004.gif.d0ad3cd14674e6915099baa17b2dd106.gif

lennykiss1011v1.gif.9fb6d14ecadff9df113a635c46bb55e5.gif

lennybest1014.gif.d662e689c48900ebf565b3e656364d39.gif

lennykiss1018.gif.bb52bdb49e930a806f06b3bd018cf8d3.gif

:shy:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

Yes i always liked when she would affectionately touch all the time,it's sad that she doesn't do that anymore, no more touching him, hugs or cheek kisses, that's whats been missing this season and in the last few aswell .

Haha when I read that. I thought ahh that is not right. I remember alot of affection this season. True not as much as years gone by. But anymore? Bit of an exagerration. I also thought I can hear Luminous footsteps LOL. However I do think it sucked Shamy got more pillow talk then Lenny. That used to be the charming thing about Lenny their pillow talk. Barley any since Season 5 Recombination Hypothesis, the 100th episode. 

93289b43bf87e342_tbbt-property-division-

latest?cb=20151212151212

 

240?cb=20151212150341

01n_00330.gif

 

03n_00329.gif

 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love the top photo -- the protective arm thrown across Penny -- when Leonard spots the stranger in their apartment (courtesy of the codge monkey across the hall).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luminous said:

I know, I know...writing something positive about Lenny is somehow not very popular in this forum at the moment, and it's not my intention to sugarcoat Lenny's current treatment by TPTB, but it's not true, that there are no displays of affection between Leonard and Penny anymore. It became less, but it's not entirely gone.

And since this is the Lenny shipper thread, in which supportive postings about our favorite couple always should be welcome, let me post these gifs (all from season 10)... :icon_wink:

lennyinhaler1004.gif.d0ad3cd14674e6915099baa17b2dd106.gif

lennykiss1011v1.gif.9fb6d14ecadff9df113a635c46bb55e5.gif

lennybest1014.gif.d662e689c48900ebf565b3e656364d39.gif

lennykiss1018.gif.bb52bdb49e930a806f06b3bd018cf8d3.gif

:shy:

These are great, Martin. Thanks. 

This one is a great example of the little intimacies of married life-not a moment of great passion but a moment of great love, caring and concern.:firstmove:

lennyinhaler1004.gif.d0ad3cd14674e6915099baa17b2dd106.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, luminous said:

I know, I know...writing something positive about Lenny is somehow not very popular in this forum at the moment, and it's not my intention to sugarcoat Lenny's current treatment by TPTB, but it's not true, that there are no displays of affection between Leonard and Penny anymore. It became less, but it's not entirely gone.

And since this is the Lenny shipper thread, in which supportive postings about our favorite couple always should be welcome, let me post these gifs (all from season 10)... :icon_wink:

Yeah sorry my bad, i should of said they don't do it as much as they used to or i'd like

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^
Thanks @Tensor. :shy:

o_002.gif.c92736d76c26002d6dbbd68499296acd.gif

VJ: "So explain why that change was bad and this change was good."
Tensor: "I don't need to explain myself to you."
(Generated from S7 - The Table Polarization)  :icon_biggrin:

I think this Lenny thread could work as an alternative addition to the original shipping place (maybe also next season).
Thoughts?   :scratchhead:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, veejay said:

^^^^
Thanks @Tensor. :shy:

o_002.gif.c92736d76c26002d6dbbd68499296acd.gif

VJ: "So explain why that change was bad and this change was good."
Tensor: "I don't need to explain myself to you."
(Generated from S7 - The Table Polarization)  :icon_biggrin:

I think this Lenny thread could work as an alternative addition to the original shipping place (maybe also next season).
Thoughts?   :scratchhead:

Completely agree. I really like having a Lenny shipping place where we can come and safely rant and vent when we are as mad as hell and cannot take it anymore. Our frustrations won't muddy the positive and supportive waters of our original shipping thread. I vote this very necessary thread moves with us throughout the seasons.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Completely agree. I really like having a Lenny shipping place where we can come and safely rant and vent when we are as mad as hell and cannot take it anymore. Our frustrations won't muddy the positive and supportive waters of our original shipping thread. I vote this very necessary thread moves with us throughout the seasons.

Yeah i agree also and if Amy does except Sheldon's proposal a thread like this is going to be needed a lot because Lenny will probably get even more margenilised.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Yeah i agree also and if Amy does except Sheldon's proposal a thread like this is going to be needed a lot because Lenny will probably get even more margenilised.

I personally think TBBT has blown it already with all their stalling, there is now another show on TV that has a plot where a weird genius is trying to deal with normal life and now a much more normal woman, "Scorpion".  I feel that show is going to take some of the uniqueness away from the Shamy relationship, so TPTB need to start looking into more Lenny in the future if they want to keep the ratings up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, veejay said:

^^^^
Thanks @Tensor. :shy:

o_002.gif.c92736d76c26002d6dbbd68499296acd.gif

VJ: "So explain why that change was bad and this change was good."
Tensor: "I don't need to explain myself to you."
(Generated from S7 - The Table Polarization)  :icon_biggrin:

I think this Lenny thread could work as an alternative addition to the original shipping place (maybe also next season).
Thoughts?   :scratchhead:

I think this is a really good idea, because everything that you want to write about Lenny doesn't fit in the Lenny shipping spoiler thread.

Sometimes you doesn't really have anything supportive to write these days.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I think this is a really good idea, because everything that you want to write about Lenny doesn't fit in the Lenny shipping spoiler thread.

Sometimes you doesn't really have anything supportive to write these days.

o_00184.gif.0851fabb657bcaaffe6b908f2884ea8b.gif

True dat.  :shy:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe in Season 11 TPTB should do a Beta Test 2.0 for Lenny. That seemed to fit them better then the stupid and pointless Relationship Agreement. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, this will probably be my home for the last two seasons. Where's the bar?

Edit: I'm gonna quote you here, Carlos, since I didn't wanna spam the Lenny thread with negativity.

14 hours ago, Carlos said:

The only thing I going to say about this photo is dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnn!!!!! They just look so perfect together. I'd just wish the writers would give them their due and invest a little care in writing them. For Pete's sake there is so much on screen chemistry between them that TPTB's job is already half done for them. If we really think about it even when the material hasn't been the best both J & K (obviously playing Leonard and Penny) have elevated it making it at least palatable. Can you imagine the heights they could reach if given half decent scripts? Well.... I can dream, can't I? 

I'm always struck by how different the chemistry is on and off-screen these days. When Johnny and Kaley give an interview and they get to be natural, they just ooze chemistry even though it's not romantic. But you just wanna listen to them for hours because they're hilariously funny and sweet. And on screen there's just - and I'm gonna be generous here - not much to work with. 

Edited by No Regrets
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To be fair Lenny were never just sweet. Always been an homogenous couple. Diverse. I am not looking for sweet moments. They are not some fairytale romance. I just think the show need to focus the show back to Lenny in S11. Not that it well happen with the Shamy engagement taking centre stage. But ratings are dropping. TPTB clearly think stories have dried up with Lenny. Even when they do focus on them. It is usually absurd storylines. OR Repeated Cannon. And not even good cannon. Rehash of past episodes, that were actually great. Now they re do them, and execute them poorly. Full of clichies and stereotypes. I think they need reboot the entire saga of Lenny. Hopefully they take a roadtrip to Nebraska. Just to see them out of Sheldons lives for one episode would be nice. I would love if they found an apt set that is new for Lenny to live in. 4A is holding them back imo. But they well stay their. Because they need Leonard to be central in that set. So the gang can continue to hang out.

The biggest change in this show post Season 7. Has been the declining writing. And also a focus on Sheldon Centric episodes well series. Has really caused them to phone it in with the rest of the show, particularly Lenny. And unless something dramatic changes over the hiatus. This is going to continue. Till I hope in the Series Final. They do a service to Lenny and their fans. By homaging the pilot. But I have no confidence in these writers anymore. As long as Steve Moloro is in charge. They well continue to ignore the glaring problems in the writing of both Leonard and Penny. Until they realize how much they are damaging their characters as individuals. They well never repair Lenny as a unit. Espeically when Career wise both characters are stuck in a rut. Penny has no career. And Leonard is going no where as a Experimental Physicist. I would love in S11. Either Leonard gets Tenure. Or he becomes a professor. I think Leonard would be a very good teacher. He is very good with people. And he would be good with kids. Based on how he has raised Sheldon to be a man the better most of the past decade lol. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Maybe in Season 11 TPTB should do a Beta Test 2.0 for Lenny. That seemed to fit them better then the stupid and pointless Relationship Agreement. 

Yeah, but initiate a public beta phase 2.4fun. :shy:

o_00187.gif.f7e1aaf14cade662e93920409eaa714c.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe OT.
After watching the promos for the finale Ep again, the facial expressions of our two fellows compared to the others, became more noticeable for me.
Taken from The TBBT youtube channel - TBBT Stars Breakdown That Massive Finale Moment

c_0090.gif.a91ac56ad996d4b59885b2948d8e3be4.gif

The enthusiasm about the final episode seems to jump right out their faces...

c_0091.gif.162358a221699d74c0c67f82eda0f4aa.gif

...perhaps sarcasm has crossed their path…who knows.  :shy:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look like they're desperately trying to be polite about it. Can't blame 'em.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, veejay said:

Maybe OT.
After watching the promos for the finale Ep again, the facial expressions of our two fellows compared to the others, became more noticeable for me.
Taken from The TBBT youtube channel - TBBT Stars Breakdown That Massive Finale Moment

c_0090.gif.a91ac56ad996d4b59885b2948d8e3be4.gif

The enthusiasm about the final episode seems to jump right out their faces...

c_0091.gif.162358a221699d74c0c67f82eda0f4aa.gif

...perhaps sarcasm has crossed their path…who knows.  :shy:

:sarcastichand: I think thats Jaleys special language. For save us! LOL

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

:sarcastichand: I think thats Jaleys special language. For save us! LOL

Blink twice if you are being held hostage by your contract.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, No Regrets said:

They look like they're desperately trying to be polite about it. Can't blame 'em.

They signed a new contract, they didn't have to.

A lot of actors have walked away from TV series or even dropped a movie part that would have made them a lot of money because they didn't like the direction it was perhaps going in or shaping out. They have made a lot of money already, some of them may not need to work again or bring in anywhere that same level of income (Kaley might considering her hobby or pastime that I would guess is not at all a cheap one).

I'm not going to believe they are unhappy until I see it on record or there are so many rumors out there that they likely are true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

They signed a new contract, they didn't have to.

A lot of actors have walked away from TV series or even dropped a movie part that would have made them a lot of money because they didn't like the direction it was perhaps going in or shaping out. They have made a lot of money already, some of them may not need to work again or bring in anywhere that same level of income (Kaley might considering her hobby or pastime that I would guess is not at all a cheap one).

I'm not going to believe they are unhappy until I see it on record or there are so many rumors out there that they likely are true.

Oh I'm sure money wise they're very happy and they're not exactly A-list actors. If they have the opportunity to bag another 20+ million in the next two years, they'd be stupid not to do that no matter how much money they already have. Do I have evidence about them not being happy acting wise? Nope, but given that a) there's no way they're allowed to publicly criticize their employer and b) they're not being given much to sink their teeth into, I have a hard time believing they're happy. No one has to agree with me, but that's what I think.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

 Do I have evidence about them not being happy acting wise? Nope, but given that a) there's no way they're allowed to publicly criticize their employer and B) they're not being given much to sink their teeth into, I have a hard time believing they're happy. No one has to agree with me, but that's what I think.

I would think the evidence is right there.  Compare their expression with the expressions of Mayim and Jim, and Simon and Melissa.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tensor said:

I would think the evidence is right there.  Compare their expression with the expressions of Mayim and Jim, and Simon and Melissa.  

That's how I interpret it as well. If you put a footballer on the bench he's not gonna be happy either even if he gets paid the same amount of money as the rest. Johnny and Kaley barely get to play anymore. They're just substitutes who get the occasional minute or two on the pitch.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2017 at 11:14 AM, veejay said:

^^^^
Thanks @Tensor. :shy:

o_002.gif.c92736d76c26002d6dbbd68499296acd.gif

VJ: "So explain why that change was bad and this change was good."
Tensor: "I don't need to explain myself to you."
(Generated from S7 - The Table Polarization)  :icon_biggrin:

I think this Lenny thread could work as an alternative addition to the original shipping place (maybe also next season).
Thoughts?   :scratchhead:

Yes, this seems a nice home for disgruntled Lennies (and are there any other kind these days?). BUT let's not just talk to each other, but whenever possible put our thoughts out there on the Discussion thread, where we can have full and frank exchanges, and occasionally invigorating verbal punch-ups, with those who don't agree with us. Maybe even persuade one or two.  At least keep the Lenny flag flying in the main thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

They signed a new contract, they didn't have to.

A lot of actors have walked away from TV series or even dropped a movie part that would have made them a lot of money because they didn't like the direction it was perhaps going in or shaping out. They have made a lot of money already, some of them may not need to work again or bring in anywhere that same level of income (Kaley might considering her hobby or pastime that I would guess is not at all a cheap one).

I'm not going to believe they are unhappy until I see it on record or there are so many rumors out there that they likely are true.

 

2 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Oh I'm sure money wise they're very happy and they're not exactly A-list actors. If they have the opportunity to bag another 20+ million in the next two years, they'd be stupid not to do that no matter how much money they already have. Do I have evidence about them not being happy acting wise? Nope, but given that a) there's no way they're allowed to publicly criticize their employer and B) they're not being given much to sink their teeth into, I have a hard time believing they're happy. No one has to agree with me, but that's what I think.

I'm with @No Regrets here, I thinks it's sort of a "cage of gold" situation.

 

 

On another note: I think we will definitely need The Dark Lenny Thread for the next seasons!

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now