The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
veejay

In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga.

18 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, I think those writing issues and the lack of humour go hand in hand. The only kind of "joke" (which really doesn't deserve being called that) they love to play up with Lenny these days it the "the nerd got the hot chick hurrhurr!" right down to centring a whole plot and plenty of scenes around it. Even if it were the funniest joke ever (which it isn't) it loses its appeal after being repeated so often and not giving the couple much variety in terms of funny situations. I know one of the writing mantras is that story comes from conflict but conflicts can be more positive as well and thus it could easily lead to more fun and light-hearted situations for Lenny. It worked for the other couples so why not Lenny??

Exactly. That’s a reasonable question since…? 

n_007.gif.f5f7664c217e772ff44b01e92995308c.gif

:shy:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Do you really think that the writers care so much about Penny's job situation so they will try and fix it in the same season as Shamy is getting married,so in my humble opinion will season 11 clearly be all about Shamy. 

I have no clue what the writers will do, the engagement to married process doesn't need to be a season long thing, even with Shamy who in the past have always moved at a slow 'glacial pace' as Jim calls it when it comes to relationship growth and landmarks.

But each episode has 2 sometimes 3 storylines in them, the writers could easily fit in Penny's career situation as a storyline over a number of episodes. Will they? Your guess is as good as mine. I see no reason why they shouldn't sort it out.

I have no gut feeling, either they sort her career situation out which I agree with @April seems to be the underlying factor here (unless it's something else that they haven't revealed yet, Occam's Razor it must be her job until proven otherwise) or I no longer start to give a fuck about her career. They can't keep raising her career issue and then she does nothing to sort it out. First time, "Ooh that's interesting I didn't know she was that unhappy", second time "Hmm she is still in that job but at least she has talked about it again, let's see what she does about it. Oh wait..." Third time?

All this talk about Penny but Leonard is a HUGE issue as well from a lone character standpoint, maybe the simplest solution is now the guidance system project has gone that he finds a new project to work on, some breakthrough maybe?  He has lost some of his 'nerd veneer' (not because of marriage IMO) so maybe introduce some new hobby or interest?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, April said:

I'm mostly arguing from the writers perspective here as outlined in the CL interview recently and from what I've seen in the writing because I get the impression that people just won't understand that there's a version of Lenny sitting in the writers heads that differs a lot from the shipper's version of the couple -  and yes, it most likely also differs from what I see in the couple.

If I personally had to make sense of the fighting situation I would absolutely go after Penny's job as one of the core issues here. Fixing Penny's job is not a band aid, it's going straight for the source of her unhappiness. Penny being stuck in a job situation that frustrates her has been a big source of conflict in the past and even now with her new job her being unhappy with it has been dangled in front of us as a potential plot arc since S9. So that's 1.5-2 years of her being miserable, in part because she wants to do the grown up thing for Leonard (and he's been openly in favour of her keeping that job when the topic came up). That in and of itself is enough reason for me to explain the fighting cause that kinda stuff just wears you down. It comes back to what they did in the CC episode -  they try to do the right thing for their partner but they make each other miserable in the process until someone hits them over the head to get their shit together.

And yes, they have emphasised a lot of the characters differences as well. Every time we hear that godawful "the nerd got the hot chick hurhurrr" joke, there were several plots that revolved around how they don't have much if anything in common, how they don't make as much of an effort anymore and how somehow their honeymoon phase is over. I have a hard time thinking of a Lenny plot (not single scenes!) this season that showed them as a proper happy couple who have at least some things in common and like to spend time with each other.  There are moments, sure, not denying that. But the writers didn't exactly invest a lot of time and energy here and there is clearly a lot more interest in showing and telling how "Penny is hot and Leonard is not" or "Leonard is a nerd and Penny doesn't like that" or "Leonard finds Penny's hobbies silly" etc etc.

If I were a writer I would tackle the differences and let them work towards finding some common ground already and also fix Penny's job situation. Both could be ongoing plots through the season showing them to make an effort and try new things, showing them actually talk things out and occasionally let Penny look for a new job. And only after that baseline is established I'd go in with the baby suggestion and only then it can actually be a sweet storyline where they are not bugged down by all the other frustrating things in their lives.

Though I'm not one of the writers so who knows what they'll do. But imho it's a saver bet to look at what they did recently and what they say they plan to do cause even though it's promotional talk they're usually not outright lying.

The thing is, the supposed version of Lenny the writers have doesn't make sense. Yes, the characters have differences but as I said these were irrelevant to most of their S10 fights. And I'm all for sorting out Penny's job and I thought it could be a main source of her being on edge and hence the recurring pointless fights but they didn't present it at such when it came up and if you go by their differences jibber jabber then they don't see that as related to these fights. I do think it will make a difference both because it might end her misery and because Lenny will have somethimg new to do. However, I think TPTB are too lazy and scared that they rather leave themselves the option to have Lenny fight over nothing whenever they are not just watching Sheldon or absent. 

BTW, I see their insistence that Lenny have absolutely nothing in common as disrespecting the audience. Am I suppose to believe that in about 10 years of friendship and about 5 years of relationship all they ever did was make out, have sex and watch Sheldon? This is stupid.

4 hours ago, April said:

As I said, I don't know what the writers will do. They've been dangling this Penny's job situation in front of us for ages now with no resolution in sight. The closest was 10x22 but even that ended with everything staying the same. Personally I think they should finally bite the bullet after all this time but who knows how long they'll drag this out?

I don't think it has anything to do with Shamy. I know it's easy to blame everything on Shamy as if they personally hold the writers hostage or something but Howardette get great plots, too, and they have even less screen time. So that is no excuse imo.

It is not blaming Shamy. They are just fictional characters. It is blaming TPTB for their immense interest in presenting Shamy as an admirable couple. Howardette get good stuff because they give them chance to tell different stories without giving these stories (what for them would be) too much focus.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, ajond said:

Monica and Chandler adopted twins.

I saw part of an episode once with a couple pushing a double buggy. Weren't Monica and Chandler brother and sister ?

31 minutes ago, bfm said:

BTW, I see their insistence that Lenny have absolutely nothing in common as disrespecting the audience. Am I suppose to believe that in about 10 years of friendship and about 5 years of relationship all they ever did was make out, have sex and watch Sheldon? This is stupid.

Of course that's a stupid foundation for a couple - but with the prevalence of certain jokes and situations is it really any wonder that this is all that some parts of the audience see in them and thus don't get the appeal? I can't blame anyone who has no interest in digging out the few gems that you shippers are clinging to for dear life. I mean, the show is literally making jokes about how the two have nothing to talk about and don't show much interest in what the other likes, all the while giving us plots that reinforce the above notion.

And I'm not saying that to bash Lenny but because like you I see a serious neglect of the couple as a whole and the characters on their own. Yes, they love each other dearly, and it's suggested they're are a pretty physical couple with make-outs and sex (mostly off-screen these days), and we've heard a gazillion times how hot Leonard finds Penny - but beyond that? There is so little the writers have explored and for a 10 year old show that's just sad.

31 minutes ago, bfm said:

It is not blaming Shamy. They are just fictional characters. It is blaming TPTB for their immense interest in presenting Shamy as an admirable couple. Howardette get good stuff because they give them chance to tell different stories without giving these stories (what for them would be) too much focus.

But that's exactly my point: Lenny also could also get good stuff without giving these stories too much focus.

I mean, let's be realistic here: As we've seen with Tensor's screen time project there's no way around the Sheldon show. Not in the past and not now. He's always been hogging the most screen time and when he's not with Amy they'll find some other way to stuff him into a scene no matter if he's hanging with the guys/gang or - especially in the past - spending time with Leonard and/or Penny. Heck, he regularly spent more time with Penny alone than Leonard did. The jury is still out on S5-7 but from the results so far Lenny were never the high quantity screen time couple. Imho a big reason for that is that they're both "straight guy" characters that need someone wacky to play off and so you get stuff like Sheldon third-wheeling them for an excessive amount of stories.

So judging by that I'm not gonna hold my breath and hope that Lenny will suddenly get more screen time than they ever did in the show. Instead what they need is exactly what Howardette have: make proper use of the little screen time they have!

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, April said:

Of course that's a stupid foundation for a couple - but with the prevalence of certain jokes and situations is it really any wonder that this is all that some parts of the audience see in them and thus don't get the appeal? I can't blame anyone who has no interest in digging out the few gems that you shippers are clinging to for dear life. I mean, the show is literally making jokes about how the two have nothing to talk about and don't show much interest in what the other likes, all the while giving us plots that reinforce the above notion.

And I'm not saying that to bash Lenny but because like you I see a serious neglect of the couple as a whole and the characters on their own. Yes, they love each other dearly, and it's suggested they're are a pretty physical couple with make-outs and sex (mostly off-screen these days), and we've heard a gazillion times how hot Leonard finds Penny - but beyond that? There is so little the writers have explored and for a 10 year old show that's just sad.

Wow! And yet there are people on this planet who ship Lenny. How could this happen???

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

Wow! And yet there are people on this planet who ship Lenny. How could this happen???

Different people like different things? Funny that!

I mean seriously, I literally pointed out how you shippers see things that others don't see. As a shipper you look at a couple and see the potential - that is what shipping is. You're rooting for the couple and hope that great things happen for them.

It's time to move along the narrative, drop the 'I landed this chick who I think is smoking hot' and the 'we don't have much in common' tropes. They are so old and dated.

They are married, writers you can do so much better. If you think they don't have as much in common then get to your writing room and create something for them to have in common, like a new hobby or interest. It's not that hard, you can change their story, continue to develop it and expand.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's time to move along the narrative, drop the 'I landed this chick who I think is smoking hot' and the 'we don't have much in common' tropes. They are so old and dated.

They are married, writers you can do so much better. If you think they don't have as much in common then get to your writing room and create something for them to have in common, like a new hobby or interest. It's not that hard, you can change their story, continue to develop it and expand.

'nuff said...

c_0011.gif.41664eddbb849a40000c1a95e9ef3c58.gif

...well...

n_0090.gif.c7afc2ec3eb8a29925140ca55752eed7.gif

:shy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bfm said:

The thing is, the supposed version of Lenny the writers have doesn't make sense. Yes, the characters have differences but as I said these were irrelevant to most of their S10 fights. And I'm all for sorting out Penny's job and I thought it could be a main source of her being on edge and hence the recurring pointless fights but they didn't present it at such when it came up and if you go by their differences jibber jabber then they don't see that as related to these fights. I do think it will make a difference both because it might end her misery and because Lenny will have somethimg new to do. However, I think TPTB are too lazy and scared that they rather leave themselves the option to have Lenny fight over nothing whenever they are not just watching Sheldon or absent. 

Agree that Pennys unhappiness stems from her job issue. However, this subject has been drawn out for so long it is not a viable topic anymore. Believe if they cannot find a proper career for Penny maybe they should give her a promotion in her current pharmaceutical company. Also think part of her unhappiness has to do with the state of her marriage...that she wants something more out of it.  Why would they make her express her feelings about these things to the girls if they did not intend to pursue this plotline?  I guess this is where the baby arc might come in, not so much getting pregnant but trying to conceive would be a good storyline.  Also, their common interests are stated in remarks that they did things together like shopping, playing miniature golf, going to a bed and breakfast, etc.  They should show some of these scenes but time constraints probably would not allow it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

While I agree the writers are neglecting them I certianly do not agree that they are such a bad couple. Read my post again. I didn't say that only having sex and watching Sheldon is the foundation of the couple. I said that I think it is stupid that the writers expect everybody to believe that. While Leonard and Penny differ greatly in some areas they are similar in others. Even if the writers don't mentiom that that is what has been shown on screen for years. Leonard and Penny tend to react similarly to many situations. People who are opposites wouldn't have that, they would often react differently, like Penny and Sheldon who are much more different than Leonard and Penny. And I certainly do not think we Lennys are holding to a few gems. This might be true for the latest episodes but not for earlier ones, especially not for seasons 1 to 7. You and others have the right to think otherwise. I usually enjoy having discussions with you but please don't present us Lennys as a bunch of stupid delusional people. 

I'm not saying you're stupid and delusional - don't put words in my mouth. You're shippers and you're up against a bunch writers that see things dramatically differently than you do. Wear your shipper badge with pride and own it! (I mean, goodness knows I've shipped couples that were a lot worse off all things considered - like "the showrunner tries to tell you it's all just platonic for 20+ years" kinda bad. So consider yourself lucky your sweethearts are basically fine for the most part.)

I'm simply offering an alternative perspective that different people see different things and your perspective and interpretation is (sadly) not universal - evidently not among the writers nor among the non-shipper parts of the audience.

Personally I do not think that Lenny are totally terrible and only bonded through sex or whatever. But I do see the over-abundance of certain jokes that make it harder than necessary to make a case to the contrary.

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

About Sheldon's screen time - it used to be equal to Leonard's but apperantely a gap started early on and has been growing with the years. And I think that giving Lenny a significant arc would demand giving them more time and focus, they are not Howardette who have always been supporting, they used to be a prominent part of the show and they still live in the main set. You can tell by Molaro's saying that them having a baby, as opposed to Howardette, would change the DNA of the show that TPTB think that giving them a major change would require a lot of focus. That would take some of the focus off Sheldon/Shamy and would require some risk taking, IMO the writers are clearly reluctant to do that.

Yeah, that one time in S2, maybe we'll find it's also S1 if Tensor does that. But ever since S3 it's the Sheldon show. Heck, go back read the early season posts in this forum and you'll see the complaints about too much Sheldon have been there even back in the day. People come and go but the complaints stay the same. So no, I don't expect the writers to change their modus operandi after all those years, Lenny baby or not. Hence why I'm arguing they should start with figurative baby steps rather than literal ones.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bfm said:

While I agree the writers are neglecting them I certianly do not agree that they are such a bad couple. Read my post again. I didn't say that only having sex and watching Sheldon is the foundation of the couple. I said that I think it is stupid that the writers expect everybody to believe that. While Leonard and Penny differ greatly in some areas they are similar in others. Even if the writers don't mentiom that that is what has been shown on screen for years. Leonard and Penny tend to react similarly to many situations. People who are opposites wouldn't have that, they would often react differently, like Penny and Sheldon who are much more different than Leonard and Penny. And I certainly do not think we Lennys are holding to a few gems. This might be true for the latest episodes but not for earlier ones, especially not for seasons 1 to 7. You and others have the right to think otherwise. I usually enjoy having discussions with you but please don't present us Lennys as a bunch of stupid delusional people. 

About Sheldon's screen time - it used to be equal to Leonard's but apperantely a gap started early on and has been growing with the years. And I think that giving Lenny a significant arc would demand giving them more time and focus, they are not Howardette who have always been supporting, they used to be a prominent part of the show and they still live in the main set. You can tell by Molaro's saying that them having a baby, as opposed to Howardette, would change the DNA of the show that TPTB think that giving them a major change would require a lot of focus. That would take some of the focus off Sheldon/Shamy and would require some risk taking, IMO the writers are clearly reluctant to do that.

Good point. We have seen or heard about them trying to do things one if them likes. Leonard not joining her for a run? He said no because of what happened the last time he did. We also had her trying to help with the gyroscope project and trying to get its name right. We have heard that Leonard watched Sex and the city with her. They went to a wine tasting. He went to the dirty store to buy something for her even though he was very embarassed by it. He went to the Serial Apist set with her. He and arranged a meeting with Wheaton for her to talk about acting, while he was present and involved. She was willing to go to Comic Con for him, he gave it up for her. These are just some of the examples. 

A million likes to this post!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, April said:

I'm not saying you're stupid and delusional - don't put words in my mouth. You're shippers and you're up against a bunch writers that see things dramatically differently than you do. Wear your shipper badge with pride and own it! (I mean, goodness knows I've shipped couples that were a lot worse off all things considered - like "the showrunner tries to tell you it's all just platonic for 20+ years" kinda bad. So consider yourself lucky your sweethearts are basically fine for the most part.)

I'm simply offering an alternative perspective that different people see different things and your perspective and interpretation is (sadly) not universal - evidently not among the writers nor among the non-shipper parts of the audience.

Personally I do not think that Lenny are totally terrible and only bonded through sex or whatever. But I do see the over-abundance of certain jokes that make it harder than necessary to make a case to the contrary.

Yeah, that one time in S2, maybe we'll find it's also S1 if Tensor does that. But ever since S3 it's the Sheldon show. Heck, go back read the early season posts in this forum and you'll see the complaints about too much Sheldon have been there even back in the day. People come and go but the complaints stay the same. So no, I don't expect the writers to change their modus operandi after all those years, Lenny baby or not. Hence why I'm arguing they should start with figurative baby steps rather than literal ones.

Thanks for clarifying. And I said others have the right to see things differently. I'm just saying that the current view the writers present is not logical and not supported by what we have seen, at least not in its totallity. They have differences but that is not all there is. The evidence doesn't justify neither their claims about Lenny being different in basically everything there is (evidence usually doesn't support such extreme claims) nor their claims that that is THE source of the S10 fights. 

What I said about the screen time was a correction to what you said. I then an explained that IMO the writers think giving Lenny major arc would require taking some of the focus off Sheldon, and hence will NOT do such a thing. I do not think they will give Lenny a major arc, baby or otherwise. It is The Sheldon Show, it has been increasingly becoming this way from the beginning and IMO especially since 7×24. IMO, and that was my original main point, TPTB prefer not to invest efforts in Lenny and not to give them major arcs. To fill the void they keep these unjustified and pointless fights. To be able to keep these fights they barely have them working on their issues even though we have seen them do this before (i.e., they have regressed them).

Edited by bfm
Minor correction
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I have no clue what the writers will do, the engagement to married process doesn't need to be a season long thing, even with Shamy who in the past have always moved at a slow 'glacial pace' as Jim calls it when it comes to relationship growth and landmarks.

I'm guessing that the writers want to make the most of the wedding planning for Shamy, so I'm thinking that the planning will last the whole season with marriage in 11.24, then we will get one season of marriage bliss for Shamy.

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

But each episode has 2 sometimes 3 storylines in them, the writers could easily fit in Penny's career situation as a storyline over a number of episodes. Will they? Your guess is as good as mine. I see no reason why they shouldn't sort it out.

Just to let you know that there have been several episodes with just one storyline in the past. I really don't see that the writers will fix Penny's job situation in season 11, they have done so little this past seasons to fix this problem so I'm guessing that it will stay the same, Could I be wrong ?  Of course and nobody would be happier if so is the case. 

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

All this talk about Penny but Leonard is a HUGE issue as well from a lone character standpoint, maybe the simplest solution is now the guidance system project has gone that he finds a new project to work on, some breakthrough maybe?  He has lost some of his 'nerd veneer' (not because of marriage IMO) so maybe introduce some new hobby or interest?

Yes, I totally agree that Leonard has been stagnant for a number of seasons, but for some reasons the writers doesn't really want to do any changes to the Leonard character. 

There are so much the writers can do with both Leonard and Penny as individuals and with Lenny as a couple but for some reason the writers seem to be completely stuck in old and tired jokes. 

• Like 6

On 6/22/2017 at 0:01 PM, Lagernisse said:

I'm not one bit surprised if this is true, the writers can't/won't write anything else than fights and drama for Lenny. 

What Lorre said it exactly what I expected he would say, and indeed what I expect any of the writers would say if push came to shove. I have no faith in them to do this well anymore. I was wondering if they would turn things around and start handling this in a way I could support, but now I can't see it at all.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I saw part of an episode once with a couple pushing a double buggy. Weren't Monica and Chandler brother and sister ?

No. Ross and Monica were brother sister. Monica and Chandler were married.  they  couldn't have a child and later had an adoption arc. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I do not think they will give Lenny a major arc, baby or otherwise. It is The Sheldon Show, it has been increasingly becoming this way from the beginning and IMO especially since 7×24

I don't see it either that Lenny will get any major arc in the near future, the show is turning to The Sheldon/Shamy show.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I don't see it either that Lenny will get any major arc in the near future, the show is turning to The Sheldon/Shamy show.  

Not 'is turning' but 'has turned' - years ago.

• Like 8

In my opinion Leonard and Penny have been undermined since season 8 and got progresively worse each season since, there only purpose now seems to be to make the Shamy look better. A good example of this is 10x13, we had Lenny not getting along and the Shamy all lovey dovey and in my opinion they came across ooc in it.

As for them having nothing in common it's annoying that they keep pointing it out now even though i think they do we just don't get to see them . What's annoying is Howardette don't have anything in common but that's never brought up,the Shamy themselves also don't really have much in common either.

Out of curiosity what hobbies do the Shamy share? besides playing counterfactuals which they don't any more

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

In my opinion Leonard and Penny have been undermined since season 8 and got progresively worse each season since, there only purpose now seems to be to make the Shamy look better. A good example of this is 10x13, we had Lenny not getting along and the Shamy all lovey dovey and in my opinion they came across ooc in it.

As for them having nothing in common it's annoying that they keep pointing it out now even though i think they do we just don't get to see them . What's annoying is Howardette don't have anything in common but that's never brought up,the Shamy themselves also don't really have much in common either.

Out of curiosity what hobbies do the Shamy share? besides playing counterfactuals which they don't any more

Their hobbies are highly imaginary as the smart and beautiful babies from Lenny. :shy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Vexillology? They have a long running Internet show called Fun with Flags.

But to shift it back to the thread and what it's for, they tend to use the joke of Leonard wanting to do something nerdy or indoors but then Penny seems to want to do some hobbies or activities that seem more adventurous or outdoor.

Perhaps the writers could find something that is in between? Or maybe something really surprising that has the gang wondering where they have say been disappearing to, maybe they have had a few meals without them say on a Wednesday night or something? So every Wednesday for the past couple of weeks Lenny haven't been able to attend the group meals or something. Then you can explore that from a comedy perspective, have some scenes with them (Lenny) arriving home to their apartment late at night with perhaps some clues or false clues to get the viewers guessing. Their friends then try to prize it out of them, follow them etc. Then a big reveal of something really surprising and funny.

I'm no writer but it's not that hard to come up with something like that, or some new hobbies and interests for them.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jonny said:

But to shift it back to the thread and what it's for, they tend to use the joke of Leonard wanting to do something nerdy or indoors but then Penny seems to want to do some hobbies or activities that seem more adventurous or outdoor.

Perhaps the writers could find something that is in between? Or maybe something really surprising that has the gang wondering where they have say been disappearing to, maybe they have had a few meals without them say on a Wednesday night or something? So every Wednesday for the past couple of weeks Lenny haven't been able to attend the group meals or something. Then you can explore that from a comedy perspective, have some scenes with them (Lenny) arriving home to their apartment late at night with perhaps some clues or false clues to get the viewers guessing. Their friends then try to prize it out of them, follow them etc. Then a big reveal of something really surprising and funny.

I'm no writer but it's not that hard to come up with something like that, or some new hobbies and interests for them.

Ah, I hadn’t even thought of that. It was originally a Sheldon thing, but you're absolutely right.

o_00368.gif.7e956076f1adbd3908233fe226d4df54.gif

This is really a pity. The writers could easily be set back to their primary points of fun. :shy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I had suggested something like that in another thread some time ago. Maybe they could Cosplay? They both like wearing costumes (S9 Valentine's day, S10 Christmas). That could be funny. Maybe they take Chineese food cooking classes, in which Leonard has to stop Penny from (unpurposely of course) setting everything on fire. Maybe they have another group of couple friends who also see them differently because they met them in different time and circumstances. Again many possibilities but it seems like TPTB won't go there.

• Like 6

Why would they change things with Lenny? Stagnant or not. It's still a winning formula. It's not like ratings have plummeted or anything. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Tptb clearly don't care about evolving Lenny. Beyond them just being Cannon fodder. You really think the horrendous Lenny episodes of last season. Or any episode post 8x01. Has been pre determined? Haha. Clearly they had no plan for Lenny beyond Guy chases hot girl. So since they got married 9x01.

They've been clearly phoning it in. And whinging it as a married couple. They could of gone young, hot, free spirited woman. Does not change her personality once she gets married. But they clearly choose for whatever reason to deconstruct Penny's character. Which to me is one of the major issues with this series moving forward.

The character of Penny. The show can do more plots with Lenny. That are more original. I just think as the show really is officially The Sheldon Cooper Show now. And that's not some barb. Or some or they care about is Sheldon under handed remark. More Just a statement of fact now. Theirs three couples. 7-8 characters. 18-19 min runtime. More Ads then their were ten odd years ago. Tptb just can't or won't, dedicate any of the limited screen time as it is. Too Lenny. Who Are for or terms and purposes done story wise. That's a reality I've come to terms with. 

• Like 4