The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
veejay

In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga.

23 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I don't mind terribly the talk about Shamy in the context it was being discussed, but as far as I understand it this is a place for Lenny shippers where we can talk negatively about our ship (from a place of love, obviously) right? IF we need to talk about Shamy to illustrate something about our ship I don't think it is against the rules for this thread, right?

Not at all.  I just put that up there because if someone disagrees with the characterization of Sheldon or Shamy, they are allowed to add their opinion, as it is not a ship thread.  The main reason we have the prohibition about negative comments about other ships, in ship threads, is to prevent replies and arguments from clogging up the thread.

Early on, there was some question on whether or not this was a ship thread, it isn't.  And, since it isn't, both negative comments about other characters, and contrary opinions, to those comments, are allowed, in this thread.  My suggestion was simply if anyone doesn't want Sheldon or Shamy's quirks defended or discussed, in this thread, don't bring Sheldon or Shamy into the conversation, in this thread.    That is not a prohibition, just a suggestion.

• Like 3

Thank you for your clarification, Tensor. Just wanted to make sure.

I think those who say FWF was a "shared interest" for S&A have missed the point of FWF - it's deliberately not the slightest bit interesting to anyone but S; even A couldn't possibly be interested. That is the joke of FWF - elaborate expositions, sometimes with costumes, of utterly un interesting info.  I'm not sure how you'd classify that sort of joke - Dada perhaps?

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I think those who say FWF was a "shared interest" for S&A have missed the point of FWF - it's deliberately not the slightest bit interesting to anyone but S; even A couldn't possibly be interested. That is the joke of FWF - elaborate expositions, sometimes with costumes, of utterly un interesting info.  I'm not sure how you'd classify that sort of joke - Dada perhaps?

Don't you dare to throw DADA on Sheldon!
- jolifanto bambla o falli bambla -
I was speaking literally.  :icon_cheesygrin:

35 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I agree.  I am of the opinion that Amy found it as a way to spend quality time with Sheldon, however she really wasn't/isn't a flag enthusiast.....

• Like 9

On 6/25/2017 at 5:35 PM, JohnPhD said:

The point wasn't so much to be about "what good SF is" as to have Penny culturally one-up on Leonard for once. But SF seems  convenient because it's already frequently mentioned and L has so far always been the one to tell P. It should gradually dawn on L that P now knows more than he does about something he introduced her to.

Thinking about it a bit more, Penny getting deeply into SF would go nicely in a story with Leonard  practising some sport or outdoor activity and surprising Penny with how good he is.

Which sadly reminds me what a long time it is since we've seen Leonard striving to improve his performance at a (usually) indoor physical activity.

Building on yr comment, it has been hinted that season 11 might have Penny resuming her acting career (which I don't agree with), wouldn't it be a hoot if by some chance Penny auditions for a sci-fi movie and has to ask her husband and the boys to help her research the part. Think alot of comedy can be drawn from that scenario.

• Like 3

Honestly i'm not so sure I asked what sort of stories he wrote on the show in the S11 DT but didn't get a definitive answer