The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
veejay

In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga.

After reading Molaro's interview I decided to try to really lower my expectations. Be happy when they don't fight. At least I know not to expect too much and to expect fighting so maybe I won't get as mad. Also it seems like we won't get a surprise split this season, maybe the next one but at least not this one. I hope we will catch some short cute stuff tonight, the stuff that I guess J&K care to provide us. We are lucky to have them. Their brilliant acting and amazing chemistry is what makes Lenny keep being an in-sync unit.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, bfm said:

Also it seems like we won't get a surprise split this season, maybe the next one but at least not this one.

And I say we won't get a split at all. Not in season 11, not in season 12. Never! If you think they will break up...fine. Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, luminous said:

And I say we won't get a split at all. Not in season 11, not in season 12. Never! If you think they will break up...fine. Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.

Molaro's interview just scared me... This was me actually trying to calm down, saying at least there appears to be no secret split scene in 10×24.

Edited by bfm

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Molaro's interview just scared me... This we me actually trying to calm down. 

Your member title says "Keep calm and love Lenny".

This is exactly what I'm gonna do.

And Molaro? Pffff...

lennyfindsomeonewhocares1021.gif

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, luminous said:

Your member title says "Keep calm and love Lenny".

This is exactly what I'm gonna do.

And Molaro? Pffff...

lennyfindsomeonewhocares1021.gif

Well maybe it came across differently but this is what I was trying to do. Lowering my expectations, finding comfort that the worst is not happening and hoping to keep finding little adorable Lenny moments.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well maybe it came across different but this is what I was trying to do. Lowering my expectations, finding comfort that the worst is not happening and hoping to keep finding little adorable Lenny moments.

Lowering your expectations is always a good idea. In general when it comes to the show and in particular when it comes to our favorite couple. :icon_wink:

And with regard to those little adorable Lenny moments. Somehow I still find them in almost every episode. Yes...really. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bfm said:

saying at least there appears to be no secret split scene in 10×24.

Besides, Molaro kept answering pretty much any question with "I don't know" for the past few years. He's not gonna tell you how to feel about Lenny.

Well the main plot was driven through Sheldon. So they could of done all of that. And had a Sub Plot too. In any regard. Their was no point bringing up Pennys career in 10.22. IF they weren't going to do anything with it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well the main plot was driven through Sheldon. So they could of done all of that. And had a Sub Plot too. In any regard. Their was no point bringing up Pennys career in 10.22. IF they weren't going to do anything with it. 

Penny's career has always been made a source of conflict between them, so I can't imagine we won't see more about her career in the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

Penny's career has always been made a source of conflict between them, so I can't imagine we won't see more about her career in the future.

Yeah but I mean addressing it. Why bring it up. If their was going to be no resolution? IT was pointless. IF that source of conflict is a constant. Why bring it up 2-3 episodes to the end of the season? I am sorry I am being supportive. But the writing this season was just average at best when it comes to Lenny. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Well, trying to find something good for Lenny in the last episode...: Although they keep with the tired and unfounded "he wore her down", "he is groveling" jokes, they contradict it even on the season itself. Leonard didn't call Amy because Penny demanded it. He is not her slave, they are more equal in their relationship now. He called because he wanted to, because Amy is his friend (although he got yelled at instead of thanked. Sadly, Amy is not a good friend to Leonard). Of course it would have been nice to see him do it for Penny too because she asked nicely, saying she wants to warn their friend but it scared of her because she (Amy) yelled at her, but I don't expect that from the writers. So kind of a positive. Also, Lenny know that Sheldon is being an ass and that there is no way Leonard would cheat. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Why would it scare you? Moloro is consistent in what he alwAYS SAYS in regards to Lenny lol. I mean it is not like he said anything he never normally says. So nothing has changed from my end. I think after what over a decade. Safe to say their is no breaking up these two. As Stuart said "Your the strongest couple that I know".

Agree, do not believe there will be a split-up.  These two were the core couple from the pilot episode and have many followers. If they were to break them up think they would lose alot of viewers and I would think that the advertisers would notice that. Don't think they will risk that scenario

• Like 4

Hello all you wonderful Lenny-type fans!  A bit quiet over here, but as my boss says "why wouldn't it be?".  This has been quite a year over in this part of TBBT world.  We really don't know where we stand in the grand scheme of things.  At least I don't know where they (L&P) stand.  I stated before that I was disappointed in the finale. To me it was just another 200th episode.  Not to begrudge segments of the fandom anything, but I can't remember a finale having one and only one focus.  That added to Mr. Molero's remarks about Leonard in the Glamour article and I am a bit gutted. 

I've come to the realization that the television show that I'm watching is not what I thought it was.  I think back to the day in April 2015 when someone I really like and is nearly as big a fan of TBBT as I am (not quite, but nearly) posted in chat after the taping of the finale of season 8 "Leonard cheated" and the feeling I had then is similar to what is going on for me now. I will never leave; never stop watching; never have my ardor of and for the Hofstadters lessen, but for the first time something has changed in my view here.  It will be a long and sort of lonely hiatus.  Johnny's facial expressions in so many bts pics  has added to the aura of hopelessness that is enveloping things, but c'est lea guerre, because that is what it feels like.

Anyway.  Enough gloom and doom from me.  To quote Aragorn, son of Arathorn, "what say you?"

• Like 7

@hokie3457

To quote Frank Zappa (btw. one of my all time hero) from his hilarious Live-Album "Just another Band from L.A.":
"It's fucking great to be alive, Ladies and Gentlemen, and that's the theme of our program for tonight."

:fi_lone_ranger:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Hello all you wonderful Lenny-type fans!  A bit quiet over here, but as my boss says "why wouldn't it be?".  This has been quite a year over in this part of TBBT world.  We really don't know where we stand in the grand scheme of things.  At least I don't know where they (L&P) stand.  I stated before that I was disappointed in the finale. To me it was just another 200th episode.  Not to begrudge segments of the fandom anything, but I can't remember a finale having one and only one focus.  That added to Mr. Molero's remarks about Leonard in the Glamour article and I am a bit gutted. 

I've come to the realization that the television show that I'm watching is not what I thought it was.  I think back to the day in April 2015 when someone I really like and is nearly as big a fan of TBBT as I am (not quite, but nearly) posted in chat after the taping of the finale of season 8 "Leonard cheated" and the feeling I had then is similar to what is going on for me now. I will never leave; never stop watching; never have my ardor of and for the Hofstadters lessen, but for the first time something has changed in my view here.  It will be a long and sort of lonely hiatus.  Johnny's facial expressions in so many bts pics  has added to the aura of hopelessness that is enveloping things, but c'est lea guerre, because that is what it feels like.

Anyway.  Enough gloom and doom from me.  To quote Aragorn, son of Arathorn, "what say you?"

Really hard to write a supportive post for Lenny after a season finale that didn't have any real Lenny moments. All I can hope is that we'll get some good and cute Lenny plots in season 11, but at this point it seems really doubtful. I will of course follow the Hofstadters till the bitter end and who knows over the hiatus maybe Kaley will get pregnant(I know this is highly unlikely) so that the writers will have to write a pregnancy story for our cute and favorite couple. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lagernisse said:

Really hard to write a supportive post for Lenny after a season finale that didn't have any real Lenny moments. All I can hope is that we'll get some good and cute Lenny plots in season 11, but at this point it seems really doubtful. I will of course follow the Hofstadters till the bitter end and who knows over the hiatus maybe Kaley will get pregnant(I know this is highly unlikely) so that the writers will have to write a pregnancy story for our cute and favorite couple. 

They don't need to write a story for that.  Just stick her in the couples usual spot, behind the counter and they would be able to hide it.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

They don't need to write a story for that.  Just stick her in the couples usual spot, behind the counter and they would be able to hide it.  

Sadly I guess you could be totally right with this and if they do that I wouldn't be surprised. 

I'm glad, I'm also a Snowflake Snuggler. So I can walk over to a warmer and more friendly place, when things here get to cold, dark and gloomy, which is very often.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, luminous said:

I'm glad, I'm also a Snowflake Snuggler. So I can walk over to a warmer and more friendly place, when things here get to cold, dark and gloomy, which is very often.

I'm a Snuggler  also.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

I'm a Snuggler  also.  

I can't navagate the site.....

• Like 1

Well I am sorry but it is hard to be positive, when their is literally nothing to be positive about lol. But your right maybe if you want to vent. Go to that After Dark Lenny thread :icon_cheesygrin:

Since this topic is labeled the Leonard and Penny saga, I would like to go back in time, so all of you get in the 'Way Back' time machine while Mr. Peabody and Sherman take us back to the time after Leonard and Penny broke up.

To begin, in a way I always liked the episode where we first see Zack and Penny comes home to sleep with Leonard, instead of Zack, at least till the next day when she breaks his heart again.

So here's the thing, I think Priya was brought on the show because they didn't know if Kaley would come back to the show or would be gone for a long time after her accident.  So if Priya never appeared, I was thinking a couple of seasons of Leonard and Penny having a friends with benefits relationship would have been more interesting than what we actually got, which involved heartache for them both, especially since that would have eliminated a Raj and Penny hookup too.  Think about it, we almost had a friends with benefits night when they went on that road trip to the convention, and they were both very sober then and both seemed to want it.  I think them sneaking around would have been so funny and the whole time Penny thinking that maybe this is what she really wants and then suggesting they get back together in season 5 would make more sense in the story.  Anyway, what do you think, and watch your step when you get back into the 'Way Back' to come back to the present.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, legacy99 said:

It's kind of sad that after watching tbbt and lenny for 10 seasons the only good thing we can say about lenny is that they didn't argue in a episode

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well go buy the DVDS :icon_cheesygrin:. It is probably all you remember, because it is fresh in your conciounses. Of TPTB screwing them over. :sarcastichand:. If this was 2009 I well say all I remember is Lenny on fire. Of course considering how the show is in real time. The last thing you would remember is recent status quo. 

Edited by 3ku11

11 hours ago, SRAM said:

Last night I was mindlessly on YouTube looking at different stuff and somehow got on a page with videos about how to tell if a girl likes you, which baffled me since I was looking at aircraft videos.  Anyway I opened a couple in curiosity, it is interesting that there similar items in each video and when look back to the first two seasons, Penny displayed every one of those signals to Leonard.  One that really stood out is that the videos said if a girl likes you she will find a way to touch you, Penny was always touching Leonard.

Yes i always liked when she would affectionately touch all the time,it's sad that she doesn't do that anymore, no more touching him, hugs or cheek kisses, that's whats been missing this season and in the last few aswell .

• Like 3