The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
veejay

In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga.

6 hours ago, mirs1 said:

The season premiere is on September 25th. 

Which makes no. 1 so much more likely :(

4 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

All very interesting suggestions, but i don't think it will be any of them, the first episode will pick up right where the last one ended so it won't be September int the shows timeline.However they could have a scene where Leonard is in his chair and Penny comes from the bedroom wearing what she had on in the pilot.Maybe saying "Hey Leonard look what iv'e found i can't believe they still fit me" Leonard looks at her wide eyed in surprise and says "Wow i remember when i first saw you dressed like that, it was when we first met and you look just as beautiful now as you did then "

That would be considered no. 1. It won't be the date om the series timeline but will be them not adressing the date.

(Nice suggestion by the way :))

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bfm said:

September 24th will be the 10 years anniversary of our favorite couple's first meeting. [...] How do you think the writers are going to adress that?

They won't adress it at all.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

How did they address the 200th episode? Yeah their is your answer. 

No. Penny was front and centre in the 200th, as she should be, and Amy was kept in a subsidiary role, as she should be. That won't happen again.

5 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

No. Penny was front and centre in the 200th, as she should be, and Amy was kept in a subsidiary role, as she should be. That won't happen again.

Actually Sheldon was front in centre. Penny just happened to share his screentime. As Amy has the past few seasons. The plot was Sheldon's Birthday after all. My original point was. They centred the 200th milestone around Sheldon. So how well they deal with the 10th anniversary episode? I suspect vicarousley through Sheldon. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 6

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:20 AM, No Regrets said:

Definitely gonna be option 1. I can't imagine TPTB caring.

Seeing all those pics and gifs makes me realize how much their physical relationship has changed. And I'm not even talking about kissing or sex. Back then there was so much random touching. Her head on his shoulder, them holding hands etc. I miss that. It looked so natural.

Exactly! And the fact that the writers don't even use all that chemistry or don't even care is beyond me, and makes me even more pissed off. Talk about being lazy...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Exactly! And the fact that the writers don't even use all that chemistry or don't even care is beyond me, and makes me even more pissed off. Talk about being lazy...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. With Johnny and Kaley's chemistry, there's really not much you have to do in order to get things rolling. And yet...

• Like 7

Not to go againgst the grain of this thread and attempt to defend the showrunners. But to be fair I don't think they have been ignoring them. But more putting them in the background. I think the other couple have alot of character development still needed. Leonard and Penny individually, and as a collective. Have developed so much with their characters. Season 6 was a big season for them. I mean could you imagine if they never broke them up in S3. And never developed their characters in S6? Imagine how much worse it would be for Lenny and subsequently their fans lol.

I just have the feeling. TPTB have run out of ideas for them. They beleive their story is over. Reinforced by the fact, Moloro talks about Lenny like their is no issue. Either he really beleives that, or he is blind to what is in front of him. I think a bit of both. So IMO I don't think the show have been neglecting Leonard and Penny. While I can understand why one would have that interpretation. But if I was a writer, and be like yeah Johnny and Kaley have great chemistry. Tell me something I don't know, boy :sarcastichand:. But then think hmmm 7 Characters, 3 couples. 95% of our love and adoration to the other couple. Ehh the audience know who Lenny are. Just have them standing behind the kitchen. Next episode just have them observing and reacting.

You know so I don't think chemistry between two actors is enough to create great stories. When tbh I don't think their is any. Stories have dried up particularly when it comes to Lenny IMO. Beyond the nerd chasing the hot girl. And beyond Season 7. They clearly had no real plan for them. You just have to look at how they have "winged" it regarding them since 8.01. Phoning it in comes to mind. Complacency. 

Now I am not saying I share the opinion Lenny's story is over. I guess I am just trying to see it from TPTB Point of View. Steve Moloro is in charge. And based on what he has said in recent interviews. IT does not sound like much well change. Shamy well continue to be a focus. And it seems he beleives and alot of the writers. From a creative stand point. Stories with Lenny have dried up. And they are now running on fumes. Now I am not saying I agree with this. Maybe they could do more stories with Lenny.

But tbh it is their show, and that is how they are producing their show right now. So what can you do. People keep saying "Their are so many stories they could be doing". Like what? They are not. Maybe because simply their are just no stories their. I just think after so many years, the show and it's characters lose that impact. And I Think this is exactly is what is happening with the show atm. Unless they change things up, which like I Said looks unlikely. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Sorry, but I completely disagree. There are things to write for Leonard and Penny, individually and as a couple. Instead of just teasing things about Penny's career, they could fully dive into it and yet they choose not to. They could write stories about Leonard at his job as well and they choose not to. They could have Lenny have a mutual - maybe even super weird - hobby and have them have some fun with that, and yet they choose not to. They could properly dive into them maybe wanting to have kids, and yet they choose not to

You've watched Friends, Skull. You know what's possible even when couples are already married. There are two reasons Lenny's story is "over": 

1. TPTB's love for Sheldon

2. They don't give a shit

• Like 9

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

Sorry, but I completely disagree. There are things to write for Leonard and Penny, individually and as a couple. Instead of just teasing things about Penny's career, they could fully dive into it and yet they choose not to. They could write stories about Leonard at his job as well and they choose not to. They could have Lenny have a mutual - maybe even super weird - hobby and have them have some fun with that, and yet they choose not to. They could properly dive into them maybe wanting to have kids, and yet they choose not to

You've watched Friends, Skull. You know what's possible even when couples are already married. There are two reasons Lenny's story is "over": 

I'm afraid you're right. I don't know how long I will delude myself in that case.

o_00309.gif.1049b0fe3d556db444438482a1edceca.gif

Yes, it's highly irritating and unpleasant. :scratchhead:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

Look I never said I agree or think their is no stories left. I was just simply looking at it from the showrunners point of view . I compltely agree. On Friends they managed to keep such a great balance in the show. Between all the characters. You never saw Matthew Perry or Jennifer Aniston take over. Like Jim/Sheldon has. But seeing Moloro clearly thinks their story is over. Well it is unfortunately. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Look I never said I agree or think their is no stories left. I was just simply looking at it from the showrunners point of view . I compltely agree. On Friends they managed to keep such a great balance in the show. Between all the characters. You never saw Matthew Perry or Jennifer Aniston take over. Like Jim/Sheldon has. But seeing Moloro clearly thinks their story is over. Well it is unfortunately. 

That I agree with. From Molaro's POV, the story is definitely over. That interview after the finale made that pretty darn clear.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

That I agree with. From Molaro's POV, the story is definitely over. That interview after the finale made that pretty darn clear.

Sorry, I do give a shit on Molaro's dumb promo stuff.

drink5.gif.8e63362868501d66f02a135cc8006c80.gif

• Like 2

Moloro is head writer. I thought this show was at its best when Prady was Head Writer. Nothing againgst Moloro. I just think his writing style sucks :sarcastichand:. But what can you do bitch and moan. Watch, Bitch and moan. I am seriousley thinking of not watching this show again. If I want to watch this show just go watch 1-6 on Netflix. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, No Regrets said:

No Regrets, the only thing wrong with your post is that I can't give it more than one "Like". It is 100 % on the money. TPTB have made a decision (in our eyes obviously the wrong one) to concentrate on something else. Way back when, they knew how to write Lenny, proof of which is that a lot of us fell in love with them. Too bad we are not important enough in TPTB's eyes. It's all a numbers game for them even if it doesn't make for good story telling.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, No Regrets said:

A thousand likes if I could @No Regrets !!

The writers of the show seems to think that once you're married nothing more happens in your life. There are all kinds of stories the could write for Lenny if they just wanted to. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 6

I don't think the show had any real plan beyond the guy chases girl from across the hall. Well it is clear they diddn't haha. So it not like it was a conciouss decision or anything. It was clearly pre determined. Writing obviousley has shifted with them. The jokes they make about Lenny. "Wore her down". Doesen't have the same effect. Because of how they developed the characters. So I don't think it is a matter of their are no stories. More of the case TPTB have never even entertained the notion of writing Lenny as a married couple. Just Cannon Fodder. 

Kaley confronted the writers with another crappy story they wrote for Lenny. :punish:

Punishment followed swiftly. 

What the f***?! Bound in chains and black-dyed hair with an awful cut? Just because I said something negative about the show?

kcbilliecharmedchains0802.gif.cf9afab01c9dd1d510a0bc0658c207b0.gif

:icon_wink:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, luminous said:

Kaley confronted the writers with another crappy story they wrote for Lenny. :punish:

Punishment followed swiftly. 

What the f***?! Bound in chains and black-dyed hair with an awful cut? Just because I said something negative about the show?

kcbilliecharmedchains0802.gif.cf9afab01c9dd1d510a0bc0658c207b0.gif

:icon_wink:

When did Kaley say that?

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

When did Kaley say that?

joking i think.

• Like 1

This just my opinion but i get the feeling that when it comes to writing stories for Lenny they just can't be bothered with all there attention being on the Shamy and in this season on Howardette as well.It's not that they can't write anything for them now there married, they don't seem to have problem with writing for Howardette.As some of you have pointed out there are loads of things they could have them doing ,they just choose not to because it takes away from there favoured pairing.I don't know what they do when they come up with a episode idea but it's safe to say that Lenny are not a top priority for them when doing so which has been quite plain to see in S10.I fear that S11 will be a repeat of this season with probably even less Lenny stories and if they do so happen to get a story they'll be fighting with no resolution because that's all they are now besides standing in the background.The Leonard & Penny in S8-10 IMO are just not the same as they where in the previous seven seasons, it's like the writers decided once they got engaged they where no longer important.For me they are no longer portrayed as the shows primary romantic pairing now they're the inconvenient pairing, who are dispensable in a story if it promotes there favoured  character and pairing.I'm not sure i'll be bothering to watch the next season i'll see how i feel in September.

• Like 3

I don't think it matters whether lenny are married or not right now tptb seem to think everyone tunes in to see Sheldon and shamy

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

This just my opinion but i get the feeling that when it comes to writing stories for Lenny they just can't be bothered with all there attention being on the Shamy and in this season on Howardette as well.It's not that they can't write anything for them now there married, they don't seem to have problem with writing for Howardette.As some of you have pointed out there are loads of things they could have them doing ,they just choose not to because it takes away from there favoured pairing.I don't know what they do when they come up with a episode idea but it's safe to say that Lenny are not a top priority for them when doing so which has been quite plain to see in S10.I fear that S11 will be a repeat of this season with probably even less Lenny stories and if they do so happen to get a story they'll be fighting with no resolution because that's all they are now besides standing in the background.The Leonard & Penny in S8-10 IMO are just not the same as they where in the previous seven seasons, it's like the writers decided once they got engaged they where no longer important.For me they are no longer portrayed as the shows primary romantic pairing now they're the inconvenient pairing, who are dispensable in a story if it promotes there favoured  character and pairing.I'm not sure i'll be bothering to watch the next season i'll see how i feel in September.

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

I don't think it matters whether lenny are married or not right now tptb seem to think everyone tunes in to see Sheldon and shamy

I agree with you entirely and there is also another important question for me...

n_00299.gif.eadbf068b6cade63f124e3416c6c5bfb.gif

Nope, not at all!  :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 5

Well it was clear this season, Lenny were still centre piece couple of the show. When they all hanged out at 4A. They may not be the primary focus anymore. But they still hold a secondary glance haha. But yeah agree just have to go on Social Media too know that. Were nearing the full transformation of The Sheldon Show. And then you got another show based on Sheldon as a child. It is serious overkill. 

Edited by 3ku11

I don't need social media or other sources to watch a formerly hilarious sitcom going down the drain. I have had a long patience with this series, but the "Big Bang" of my exit may be coming soon.
I'm not one of the fans that complain about a dynamic change of the characters. I do, however, have an issue with the decline in the writer's quality and the one-sided weighting on "The world's tallest second grader" aka "The kid with two shirts".
The only good story to tell for Lenny is now heavy relationship drama instead of comedy for them being happy together? I understand happy couples are probably boring, but miserable ones are irritating.
After all these years TPTB don't seem to want to put an effort in moving Lenny forward. It seems they don't know how to write healthy romantic relationships but know how to right the same old rotten jokes.

They really want to surpass 10 seasons with this?

n_00287.gif.a92b3db0e2b48c4b2bdfbfb8549fdaeb.gif

:scratchhead:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 4