The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

This will be the Season 10-11 hiatus thread, for discussion of Season 11 speculation,  until the Season 11 Forum is up.    Please keep season 10 discussions in the season 10 Thread.   We're currently  looking at around mid June for the Season 11 Forum to be up and running.    

• Like 4

I was wondering when it would open.

I am also wondering how much of season 11 will be geared to helping Young Sheldon launch successfully? I'm guessing the transition to the Sheldon show will be near complete by the end of season 11.

• Like 5

On 22.5.2017 at 9:20 AM, djsurrey said:

I am also wondering how much of season 11 will be geared to helping Young Sheldon launch successfully? I'm guessing the transition to the Sheldon show will be near complete by the end of season 11.

I can't contradict you. The show's metamorphosis began creepingly since Season 8.
No, Leonard, sarcasm isn't necessarily the way out.

Welcome to THE BIG SHELDON SHOW with his funny little minions.

110321_0333a.jpg.0e606880c7d46c943406c0314df22e8d.jpg

(coming up all NEW on September 2017)

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I was wondering when it would open.

I am very curious if they will introduce Sheldon's brother during season 11 on the show, since he is going to be seen for the first time younger on young Sheldon. If any of the stories on Young Sheldon will have any significance or mentions on season 11 at all in passing. 

Even an episode where Sheldon dreams of his younger self.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wonder63 said:

I am very curious if they will introduce Sheldon's brother during season 11 on the show, since he is going to be seen for the first time younger on young Sheldon. If any of the stories on Young Sheldon will have any significance or mentions on season 11 at all in passing. 

Even an episode where Sheldon dreams of his younger self.

...and that makes me wonder if we will indeed see a wedding in season 11. Get the whole family in (minus the Dad).

Meanwhile I can't help but think of Amy's excitement. Thinking back...

Amy: A guest in my trundle bed and a boy at my door. I wish I could tell thirteen-year-old me it does get better.

She can top that now that Sheldon is kneeling at her door with a ring. Wonder if we will hear the same sort of "life does get better line from Sheldon?

• Like 6

On 5/22/2017 at 5:45 AM, veejay said:

I can't contradict you. The show's metamorphosis began creepingly since Season 8.
No, Leonard, sarcasm isn't necessarily the way out.

Welcome to THE BIG SHELDON SHOW with his funny little minions.

110321_0333a.jpg.0e606880c7d46c943406c0314df22e8d.jpg

(coming up all NEW on September 2017)

Love the "Sheldon" show. He is at least more interesting than Leonard is as a character. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Sah said:

Love the "Sheldon" show. He is at least more interesting than Leonard is as a character. 

That is a personal opinion. I personally find Sheldon winy and annoying. But even if you thought or the whole world thought Leonard was the most interesting character then Sheldon. That is beside the point. The point here, is the show should not revolve around one character. It is incongural. Their should be more balance and consistency like their used to be. I don't care how compelling some find Sheldon. IT is not The Sheldon Cooper show. It is The Big Bang Theory. Even though Leonard at times is not the primary character or focus. The show was always seen from his point of view. I can't say that now. Group episodes like Love Spell, Love Car Displacment , Scavanger Hunt e.t.c. Just won't happen anymore. Most of the plots are driven through Sheldon. I miss the friendship dynamics too, not the couples dynamics. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That is a personal opinion. I personally find Sheldon winy and annoying. But even if you thought or the whole world thought Leonard was the most interesting character then Sheldon. That is beside the point. The point here, is the show should not revolve around one character. It is incongural. Their should be more balance and consistency like their used to be. I don't care how compelling some find Sheldon. IT is not The Sheldon Cooper show. It is The Big Bang Theory. Even though Leonard at times is not the primary character or focus. The show was always seen from his point of view. I can't say that now. Group episodes like Love Spell, Love Car Displacment , Scavanger Hunt e.t.c. Just won't happen anymore. Most of the plots are driven through Sheldon. I miss the friendship dynamics too, not the couples dynamics. 

I disagree with the highlighted part. It was never just from Leonard's POV. It was the combination of both Leonard's and Sheldon' s POV. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

That is beside the point. The point here, is the show should not revolve around one character. It is incongural.

Everyone can make a point or a few points even.  

"incongural" -- I don't think that is a word. Google suggests incongruous. Is that what you meant?

I think that Leonard used to be the focal point around witch the show and characters revolved.It seemed that some focus shifted to Sheldon after the engagement. What shift will happen in season 11? I'd say we can't know but the existence of the spin off series makes me think we will have more focus on Sheldon. Lenard and Penny still provide the links to the other characters apart from Amy.

• Like 2

Are wishes for the next season also OK to write here?

I wanted to know what you guys would like to see in the next season. Not the more obvious things like more balance, decent writing for Lenny and a development for Raj. I'm talking about narrower and/or less discussed ideas. For example, mine would be:

A "next generation" (double?) episode - Showing the gang's children. Could be the gang's imagination (some fears, some fantasis) against reality (e.g., Sheldon imagining a "homo-novus", "overlord" son while in reality of course he has a normal-ish human son. Penny fearing having a daughter who is a careless party girl like she was while in reality she has a scientist daughter who considers debating Sci-Fi with friends a party. Bernadette imagining she will develop a formula for height making Halley extremely tall while in reality she, of course, turns out short). Could also be in season 12. Could include some cool hilarious props, TBBT is good at that.

Rare pairings/groupings. Amy and Howard? Penny and Howard? Sheldon and Bernadette? Stuart and Penny? Leonard and Amy? Leonard and Bernadette? Raj and Sheldon? Leonard and the girls (maybe without Penny who is running late for girls night)? Sheldon and the girls? Sheldon/Shamy and Howardette? Lenny and Bert? (I know some of these had been done, I said rare not novel)

Group games/challenges. Them working together for something. 

The gang discovering some interesting (not dramatic, not negative) secret(s) about one/two of them. Maybe Lenny have a quirky hobby? 

Science conventions and/or lectures. 

4A redecorated, at least somewhat. 

Paintball. Bernadette would kick some ass. 

Childhood memories episode? 

The gang getting into a Sci-Fi movie set?

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 6

A friend of mine says there's going to be a new character in 4A now that Raj has moved out. If she's right, I hope it won't be Penny's brother. I can't think why either of Leonard's siblings would need somewhere to stay. Could  Penny's nephew be coming to study or work at Caltech ? It seems years since he was 13.

If my friend is wrong, I hope we are going to see Lenny alone doing something interesting.

• Like 2

Things I'd like to see on the show, in no particular order:

- Groups episodes and unusual pairings, those plots are always fun.

-"Unusual" festivity episodes, like  New Year Eve rather than Christmas and Halloween rather than Valentine Day.

-Meeting Howard's father (he might want to see his grand-daughter), with an A-list actor casted to play the part,  and\or Amy's family (at least know id her father is still alive).

-A  new science project for the guys (or for a subset of them) this time involving Raj, which was left out of the gyroscope thing.

- Wil Wheaton again on the show, this season he never showed up.

-A new job for Penny and above all something she likes.

- A road trip for the gang. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

A friend of mine says there's going to be a new character in 4A now that Raj has moved out. If she's right, I hope it won't be Penny's brother. I can't think why either of Leonard's siblings would need somewhere to stay. Could  Penny's nephew be coming to study or work at Caltech ? It seems years since he was 13.

If my friend is wrong, I hope we are going to see Lenny alone doing something interesting.

Do you really think the writers will do anything special with Lenny in season 11, because they had nearly the whole season 10 with Lenny living by themselves and all we got was fighting, angst and drama. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I hope your friend is wrong. I think the next person to live in the other bedroom in 4A should be Lenny's child (whenever this will be).

• Like 3

Things I would like to see on the show (without any order of preference)

* what Raj is doing in his job at moment. He is  the male character whose science field is less talked as the other guys we usually get mentions or plotlines about it. Astronomy is fascinating and it would be cool if Raj showed a bit more of his professional side than mostly his metrossexual side and failed lovelife. I hope next seasons can re invented this character.

* a good storyplot development  for Leonard.  It doesn't need to be linked to his relationship with Penny but  something more about his hopes or dreams. As an individual.

*Same about Penny. She has much potencial for many things, not only linked to a new job, which could be great to see if she could get one she loved. It could be explored something she found she loves to do, a Penny hobby for example.  

* More lenny storyplots. A baby would be cool.

* Meeting Howard's father. Since the episode of the letter Howard choosed to not read that I think it would be great to meet him. Especially now because of Howard being himself a father.

* Howardette career after she was a mother. I work in a Microbiology lab and I just love when we get a glimpse about her studies in her lab.

* Meeting Amy's  family, especially her father. It could be great as Sheldon  and Amy's  father met and somehow their interactions got a bit tensed for the good impression both wanted to do to the other Amy's  man in her life, hehe.

* Amy's work at Princeton or in Caltech. I just love getting to know about her experiments

*More of Sheldon ' s family. As he and Amy surely will get engaged soon, it would be a good opportunity to meet the family members we did not meet yet. And to see all these things an engagement bring to the groom and fiancée as the wedding arrangements are settled as at same time they had to deal with both families in happiness and stress for the upcoming event

* More group scenes  , indoor or outdoor. A road trip would be fabulous! Everyone in a van including Halley and cinnamon, lol!

* More themed episodes like New years day, Christmas or Halloween

* More of girls hobbies. From the boys we had been getting a few great plotlines about them. I would really love to see more what please Penny, Bernardette and Amy. Beyond  of their wine glass chats and hanging out in a bar.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

I would also like something to commemorate the pilot, it will be 10 years since it aired! However I think it is unlikely, they will probably focus on the Shamy engagement.

• Like 2

They well probably focus on Sheldon like they did on the 200th..

• Like 3

18 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I think that Leonard used to be the focal point around witch the show and characters revolved.

Interesting. I never thought that for a minute, and I certainly don't think it now. They are not writing well for Leonard at all anymore in my opinion.

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

More of Sheldon ' s family. As he and Amy surely will get engaged soon, it would be a good opportunity to meet the family members we did not meet yet. And to see all these things an engagement bring to the groom and fiancée as the wedding arrangements are settled as at same time they had to deal with both families in happiness and stress for the upcoming event

Gosh, I hope not. After the disasters that were Meemaw and Penny's brother I don't trust the writers any farther than I can throw them to do a good job. Unless Amy's at a shower pointing at her relatives and telling funny stories to the girls about them, I am not interested.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Interesting. I never thought that for a minute, and I certainly don't think it now. They are not writing well for Leonard at all anymore in my opinion.

Well, how about....

and ...

the-fuzzy-boots-corollary-15.jpg

...but now it is different. As though Leonard and Penny got engaged and their relationship became part of the backdrop. Like "Bootstrap Bill" Turner, Sr once he had spent  too many years on the Flying Dutchman as one of Davy Jones men and became part of the ship itself.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, bfm said:

The gang getting into a Sci-Fi movie set?

Yes! Love to see Sheldon moving around the millennium falcon like C3PO. Leonard like R2D2.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bfm said:

I would also like something to commemorate the pilot, it will be 10 years since it aired! However I think it is unlikely, they will probably focus on the Shamy engagement.

With that cliffhanger they sure won't skip to September like nothing happened. Maybe Sheldon announces that he'll stay with Amy in Princeton for a while and the gang can celebrate that? lol

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, April said:

With that cliffhanger they sure won't skip to September like nothing happened. Maybe Sheldon announces that he'll stay with Amy in Princeton for a while and the gang can celebrate that? lol

Sheldon was in the pilot, I think he should be there with the gang too. I think Sheldon should come back to California  and it would be nice if they all went out for Indian food at the end of the episode  , like they did in the pilot, after helping Penny.  Raj would hate it though.  

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, April said:

It only takes seconds to say yes. They could then fast forward to after the elopement. :db:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, April said:

I still think it would be very interesting to start where they stopped and have the gang realize that Ramona and Sheldon are both missing. They could do a lot with that in my opinion.

• Like 4