The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

But in this case Sheldon didn't even need to read any cues. His friends told him about the situation and  what was going on and he just ignored them because (oh surprise) he thought he knew better. 2 days ago they were showing the episode in which Leonard has the sinus operation. In it there is a line as to Sheldon's fear of public pools and how he'd never go into one because the parts per million I believe it was of urine (but I'm not sure). In the Ramona episode apparently he had forgotten about that one. Hhhhhhmmm some eidetic memory...

Yes. Swimming was a curious choice here. Ramona could have been an Olympian in many other sports where Sheldon could particpate:  Archery; Equestrian; Shooting. Volleyball might have been fun...... 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, joyceraye said:

perfect gentleman husband

Much as I love Shamy I can't see Sheldon ever being a perfect gentleman husband. His social skills are still too poor for that.

8 hours ago, Jonny said:

if I was a gambling man on her saying yes probably after a discussion about Ramona

They have to do this in my opinion, after the way the screwed up by pulling Leonard's kiss with Mandy out of their backsides on the way to Vegas. I just so do NOT want them keeping that in reserve to haul out later. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Much as I love Shamy I can't see Sheldon ever being a perfect gentleman husband. His social skills are still too poor for that.

She wouldn't want that either. 

'Quirks and all'.

• Like 7

He has never acted on any woman's fancy for him, other than Amy's that is, and even that took him years.  Whatever else Sheldon is, and no-one can deny he can be a swine, I think he's loyal when it comes to this sort of thing. He likes attention, yes. After describng her appearance the first of Ramona's attributes he mentioned to Amy was that she was an admirer of his work. He possibly sees Ramona's accomplishments as his own too - notice there was no belittling of her ability and no jealousy - the self-centred sod. And of course if Amy gets jealous he'll accuse her of having trust issues. However, whether he does or doesn't see through women's whiles I don't think matters. He's not going to reciprocate. If it had taken coming home to find Ramona naked in his bed before he'd gathered what she was after, he wouldn't have joined her. It beats me why his closest friends and Amy thought even bossy Sheldon-whispering Ramona ( whom Amy had never even heard of before ) would have sufficient power to override his commitment and fidelity. 

He admit to penny he was scared he might cheat on Amy because his father did. He also wanted to check out other woman in the icecream bar, if thats not a sign i don't know what is. Obviously it has been on his mind. Look you make some good points but I just don't buy his innocence anymore. He is a 40 something year old man now who we have been told has made a lot of growth. It about time he starts acting on them and take responsibilities like the rest of the characters for his actions. Less of the babysitting from the other characters as it just an excuse for sheldon doesn't know what he is doing which is not plausible after 10 years. It beyond me how the others put up with his belittlings & expect most of the audience to believe that they will put their lives on hold to go out of their way to help a so called friend who only thinks about himself most of the time and has no respect for them or their values.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

He admit to penny he was scared he might cheat on Amy because his father did. He also wanted to check out other woman in the icecream bar, if thats not a sign i don't know what is. Obviously it has been on his mind. Look you make some good points but I just don't buy his innocence anymore. He is a 40 something year old man now who we have been told has made a lot of growth. It about time he starts acting on them and take responsibilities like the rest of the characters for his actions. Less of the babysitting from the other characters as it just an excuse for sheldon doesn't know what he is doing which is not plausible after 10 years. It beyond me how the others put up with his belittlings & expect most of the audience to believe that they will put their lives on hold to go out of their way to help a so called friend who only thinks about himself most of the time and has no respect for them or their values.

He's the king of overreactions, he drinks 1 energy drink he thinks he needs to go to detox etc.  His dad and mum argued so his dad cheated on his mother. Amy and Sheldon argued as they were trying to live together he overacted thinking he might do what his father did. Zero indication he was actually considering cheating on Amy, he just went by the outdated proverb:

" Fathers and sons resemble each other, and sons tend to do what their fathers did before them."

Penny saw right through him straight away that he wasn't serious about seeing other women  in that ice cream parlor. She asked him outright:

Penny: Well, who you gonna hit on? The girl in front of us got strawberry. That’s your favorite.
Sheldon: No, no. If we both like it, I’ll spend the rest of my life opening the freezer and going, “Aw, no strawberry."
Penny: What about the girl behind the counter?
Sheldon: Hmm. Well, she spends her whole day scooping. One arm’s probably bigger than the other.
Penny: Is it possible you might not actually want to meet someone?
Sheldon: You are truly wise.
Penny: Thank you.

There are a lot of things you can dislike and bash Sheldon for, but the cheating angle or him looking to do so is really is a weak one imo.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

There are a lot of things you can dislike and bash Sheldon for, but the cheating angle or him looking to do so is really is a weak one imo.

But he was thinking about it in that scene before he bottled it.The signs do not lie. Whether you like it or not. he ignored all the signals. So yeah he probably wanted something to happen. Just because he didn't instigate the kiss does not mean he is innocent. Guilty by association and doing things behind his girlfriend's back while she is away is a form of cheating.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Carlos said:

But in this case Sheldon didn't even need to read any cues. His friends told him about the situation and  what was going on and he just ignored them because (oh surprise) he thought he knew better. 2 days ago they were showing the episode in which Leonard has the sinus operation. In it there is a line as to Sheldon's fear of public pools and how he'd never go into one because the parts per million I believe it was of urine (but I'm not sure). In the Ramona episode apparently he had forgotten about that one. Hhhhhhmmm some eidetic memory...

I just took as another of the ways in which Ramona can get him to do things. Also, it was probably not a public pool but one at the university for staff.

Edited by joyceraye
typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I just took as another of the ways in which Ramona can get him to do things. Also, it was probably not a public pool but one at the university for staff.

But that is by definition a public pool. It is not private, it doesn't belong exclusively to Sheldon, so...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

But that is by definition a public pool. It is not private, it doesn't belong exclusively to Sheldon, so...

That pesky 'common language' again ! :)

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 1:22 PM, joyceraye said:

Could it possibly give Sheldon cause for second thoughts ? Were the writers clever after all in choosing Ramona rather than some stranger everybody could forget about ? She's no more leaving the physics universe than  is Stephen Hawking. And he has feelings about her, albeit different ones from the ones Amy feared he could develop. Amy reacted to being told of Ramona's presence before there was any evidence she had romantic ideas about Sheldon. She was right this time,as it happens, but is he going to wonder if she's going to respond like this to any other female physicists ?

I bet it was all done for comedic purpose, nothing more. i usually roll my eyes at jealousy plots but  I doubt Amy would prevent Sheldon from hanging out with female physicists /grad students etc in the future. While the writers proved that Amy was correct in worrying about Ramona , i don't think the moral of the story here is "stop interacting with outside females. forever". 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

I bet it was all done for comedic purpose, nothing more. i usually roll my eyes at jealousy plots but  I doubt Amy would prevent Sheldon from hanging out with female physicists /grad students etc in the future. While the writers proved that Amy was correct in worrying about Ramona , i don't think the moral of the story here is "stop interacting with outside females. forever". 

You doubt it, I doubt it, so would most of us, but we're sensible. However, Sheldon might fear she would. He is prone to bizarre imaginings and I wonder if he'd have a collywobble about this and get cold feet ? Is that too subtle for our writers ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

..... Is that too subtle for our writers ?

They could try it in finnish. :shy:

s_0204.gif.2ade82d134755193cbb94dd6c53ff002.gif

• Like 2

On 6/22/2017 at 2:15 PM, Tonstar17 said:

He admit to penny he was scared he might cheat on Amy because his father did.

But remember this is also the reason he gave for knocking three times, which he didn't start off the show doing. This could go a lot of ways. Sometimes the writers manage to pull something off, and sometimes they are abysmal at what they do. I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst here.  But I can't see them making the Shamy go down the drain just as they are promoting Young Sheldon. I can't see them wanting to irritate Shamy fans along with the other fans they have already annoyed.

• Like 2

You are right about the writers pulling of some stuff and character assassination in other ways, simply for some cheap jokes and not realising or do not care about past canon or the everlasting damaged to the character in question, or in Sheldon's case expect us to believe that sheldon was an innocent party in all of this. But I'm afraid a lot of fans see it differently and no matter how much Molaro tries to sugar coat it. The collateral damage has already been done in the eyes of some. I wouldn't be worried tho if you are a shamy fan. Tptb will eliminate Sheldon of all blame.

• Like 3

If we assume a minimal consistency will be maintained, Sheldon is not going to be pulled away from Amy by another woman who's more attractive and more charming. It's a necessary condition of Sheldon's being with Amy that he doesn't care about those things. So can Amy be confident that she's got Sheldon in her grip forever? Not necessarily IMO. There are a couple of past incidents that suggest what could happen, altho' I don't think they were intended to do that. In one ep Raj fell inlove with Siri, the voice of his smartphone. In another Amy said something like "Some people consider the brain the sexiest organ". Suppose Sheldon encounters a smarter-than-human artificial intelligence that's been given a feminine interface?  It would be consistent with what we know about Sheldon for him to drop Amy and renew and redouble his efforts to cyberize (cyberfy?) himself in order to unite with this superior intelligence.

For Sheldon to go to another woman would be OOC. For him to fall for a cyber-being would be a return to his true self.

• Like 4