The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I still think it would be very interesting to start where they stopped and have the gang realize that Ramona and Sheldon are both missing. They could do a lot with that in my opinion.

Will Leonard track his phone?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Will Leonard track his phone?

Then Leonard and Penny fly to Princeton, to find out what is going on, only to have Sheldon and Amy answer her room door, both in dressing gowns, with their arms around one another, and Amy wearing the ring.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Then Leonard and Penny fly to Princeton, to find out what is going on, only to have Sheldon and Amy answer her room door, both in dressing gowns, with their arms around one another, and Amy wearing the ring.

Or perhaps he will just phone and interrupt the answer.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If they see he is in Princeton they will probably just call Amy...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think Leonard will have a sore arm if he is near Penny when she finds out what is going down.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, bfm said:

At which point, Amy will say "NOT NOW LEONARD!" and hang up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Leonard could track Sheldon’s  phone and found him by GPS. The proposal 's answer might be pending while Amy answer to her phone as Penny called her, lol.  After the Amy’s pannick attack idea  as Amy’s possible first reaction to the Sheldon's proposal, this idea follows in my favourite possible scenarios. And the mixing of comedy and tension potencial would be great. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

On 5/25/2017 at 2:46 PM, mirs1 said:

- Wil Wheaton again on the show, this season he never showed up.

I'd like follow up on Adam Nimoy's documentary. Perhaps the gang could all be invited to see it together?

14 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Did Sheldon take any clothes? Will he and Amy have to go shopping?

• Like 2

Not sure where to post this. But hahahaha

They really want feedback? Some how I don't think they know what they got into. How's this get new writers :sarcastichand:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

They really want feedback?

Probably looking for constructive feedback. I noticed the call come up in my facebook newsfeed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Did Sheldon take any clothes? Will he and Amy have to go shopping?

Maybe Sheldon is wearing one of Amy's dressing gowns.

That would be so cute, the Shamy in matching dressing gowns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe Sheldon is wearing one of Amy's dressing gowns.

That would be so cute, the Shamy in matching dressing gowns.

The guy barely fits into some of his t-shirts thanks to Jim working out so hard. He doesn't fit into any of Amy's clothes. (And I remember it's not the first time we had this talk which... lol)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, April said:

He doesn't fit into any of Amy's clothes.

It's a dressing gown, so loose fitting.

Apart from being very short, it'll fit him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's a dressing gown, so loose fitting.

Apart from being very short, it'll fit him.

No, it won't, believe me. She doesn't wear XXL shirts or anything. And thanks to Jim working out Sheldon has broad muscular shoulders now - it won't fit.

I don't know if you have a wife or girlfriend or whatever that you ever tried clothes swapping with but I have a husband who's a lot closer to me in body size than Jim is to Mayim (you're reeeeeeeaaaally underestimating their physical difference here! this isn't S4 anymore!) and while I can easily fit into his shirts it doesn't work that way vice versa - even with some of my loose fit clothes. Unless it's some really really wide shirt I'd be worried about the seams bursting - especially if it's some non stretchy fabric as Amy's nightgowns appear to be.

So take it from a woman who knows a thing about clothes: No. It won't work. Really.

• Like 2

Here's an idea.

Just as Shamy are about to head to the bedroom, to "formalise" their engagement, Amy's phone rings, and it's Leonard (who has tracked Sheldon's phone), asking if everything is OK?

Irritated by the interruption, Amy tells him "NOT NOW LEONARD!"

Putting the phone down, they try to continue where they left off, only for there to be a knock at the door, and Howard calls "Is everything OK?"

Cut to the corridor, where Howard and Raj are standing, and, in a call back to The Birthday Synchronicity, Amy's frustrated voice carries through the door "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, April said:

And thanks to Jim working out Sheldon has broad muscular shoulders now - it won't fit.

It's really out of character.  He needs to use smaller weights to avoid bulking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's really out of character.  He needs to use smaller weights to avoid bulking.

He's actually been asked about that quite a bit recently and so far nobody told him to stop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Out of character? To me I dont relate Jim's shape with his character's shape. They say love make a woman prettier ( Amy wears now pretier clothes and her hair is nicer)  why it would not make a man have a more well built shape?  I mean,  I see Sheldon’s shape was an extent of his new life.He is not that lonely guy closed at home only having his work, his hobbies ,  his fears and his phobias as his daily basis . He goes out more , he has a girlfriend who live with and share lots of interests and activities, he walks surely much at least. He smiles, he even laughs! My point is, even in middle of a bit of joking with good intentions , it doesn't bother me at all. I am still focusing on Sheldon’s mind, not on his body. Because Sheldon will be always imo mind power, for good or for worst. Besides after 10 years people 's body changes.  Some get extra weight, others extra muscles. Not a big deal, I guess. 

• Like 3

They clearly don't have an issue with it, but if they did they would be better off finding a way to introduce/create canon to explain why he is bigger/put on muscle mass than ask Jim to slim down imo.

Difficult I know because they are nerds and we know their failures at sport, but I think the writers could create something if they wanted to, some storyline to explain it. Maybe there is a sport out there that Sheldon can do and he discovers it by chance.

But I suspect they don't have any issues with it and I would be surprised if he bulks up a hell of a lot more, there are kind of advisable limits to your frame.

I don't look at him and think it is out of character, it's very noticeable compared to early season Sheldon (as one of my sisters pointed out and I quote 'when did Sheldon get buff?' lol) but it's not that character breaking.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I am still focusing on Sheldon’s mind, not on his body. 

I can't really say the same about me and Amy. :maninlove: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I can't really say the same about me and Amy. :maninlove: 

Good for you, lol.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

They clearly don't have an issue with it, but if they did they would be better off finding a way to introduce/create canon to explain why he is bigger/put on muscle

Maybe it's down to the Shamy no longer having sex just once a year, and all the "exercise" they're getting now. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I don't look at him and think it is out of character, it's very noticeable compared to early season Sheldon (as one of my sisters pointed out and I quote 'when did Sheldon get buff?' lol) but it's not that character breaking.

It certainly helps that you don't really see him shirtless unless it's in Amy's fantasies (especially the fanfic). Even in the post-coitus scene in 9x11 he was mostly covered. So the only times it's super noticeable is if the costume department picked an old shirt that is a bit too tight around the chest/arms now. lol

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, April said:

It certainly helps that you don't really see him shirtless unless it's in Amy's fantasies.

And, of course, in her fantasies, she's going to imagine him toned and muscled.

I mean, who fantasises about a weak and flabby person?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, April said:

It certainly helps that you don't really see him shirtless unless it's in Amy's fantasies (especially the fanfic). Even in the post-coitus scene in 9x11 he was mostly covered. So the only times it's super noticeable is if the costume department picked an old shirt that is a bit too tight around the chest/arms now. lol

This! ^^ That's  why imo as viewer it is not a big deal because it has not any influence in character's behavior. It is Sheldon Cooper for all fronts and it is what matters!

16 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I mean, who fantasises about a weak and flabby person?

These people have the same rights than others, don't they?

• Like 1