The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

10 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

These people have the same rights than others, don't they?

Of course they do, but nobody has the right to feature in someone else's fantasy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Of course they do, but nobody has the right to feature in someone else's fantasy.

Of course. My apologies if I offended you.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

Just now, spidergirl said:

My apologies if I offended you.

I'm not offended.

I just can't imagine, that anyone would fantasise about someone they don't find physically attractive/desirable.

• Like 2

They can just have him wear bigger shirts of they want to.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

I imagine the costume department groaning every time one of his training videos surfaces like "We'll need to order a new batch of shirt for the next season, won't we?? ughh" lmao

Edited by April
  • Like 8

Even before the workout regimen, Jim was already significantly physically larger than everyone else in the cast.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Even before the workout regimen, Jim was already significantly physically larger than everyone else in the cast.  

Taller obviously yes. But it's kind of shocking of how much of a beanpole he was early in the show compared to now, you really notice that on his face in say Season 1.

• Like 6

I guess if the writers want to mention Jim's physical appearance, they can do it easily. The first I can think of that he is preparing for fencing duel with Kripke. 

Second possiblity could be that he is doing some exercises secretly, because he is still trying to get as old as possible, because he wants to endure until he can turn himself into a Cyborg or he wants to keep himself healthy so when  he goes to Mars he will be ready. 

Or if the third option would be that he participated on  a project for the Zangen company, but the side effects are massive and he turns into Hulk. (You know just for the case the writers  are running out of money for New shirts LOL)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Where's the fun in THAT?  :icon_redface:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

(You know just for the case the writers are running out of money for New shirts LOL)

If he becomes the Hulk, he'll be getting through an awful lot of shirts and, indeed, pants. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's really out of character.  He needs to use smaller weights to avoid bulking.

i think Jim has a great physique right now. He trains, but  he said in an interview that he is unlikely to  go overboard and turn into the hulk, so i'm sure it won't be too OOC . besides, who said, nerds can't bulk up?   if they really want to, they can use Sheldon as an example of a nerd who breaks the stereotype......something like @Desdemona suggested lol. :icon_redface:

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I don't look at him and think it is out of character, it's very noticeable compared to early season Sheldon (as one of my sisters pointed out and I quote 'when did Sheldon get buff?' lol) but it's not that character breaking.

i'm curious, did you watch season 5 ?I thought Jim had a bit of bulked up physique in season 5 too lol. they never explained it, so i don't think they will this time. it doesn't bother me, and i'm sure it doesn't bother the show runners. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If he becomes the Hulk, he'll be getting through an awful lot of shirts and, indeed, pants. :icon_biggrin: 

As this is time consuming, I guess he would rather walk around naked or stay at home and let a robot do his work, until his Cyborg project is successful. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

i think Jim has a great physique right now. He trains, but  he said in an interview that he is unlikely to  go overboard and turn into the hulk, so i'm sure it won't be too OOC or jarring. besides, who said, nerds can't bulk up?   maybe they can use Sheldon as an example of a nerd who breaks stereotypes......something like @Desdemona suggested lol. :icon_redface:

i'm curious, did you watch season 5 ? I thought Jim had a bulked up physique in season 5 too lol. they never explained it, so i don't think they will this time. it doesn't bother me, and i'm sure it doesn't bother the show runners. 

You are right. And Jim had much less bulked up physique back in s6, it was very noticeable. For me it is fine how he looks  like, it is nothing overeacted  His shape doesn't change anything about what Sheldon is. It is not like Sheldon wore now suits and tie all the time . That would be weird and ooc imo.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I thought Jim had a bit of bulked up physique in season 5 too lol. they never explained it, so i don't think they will this time. it doesn't bother me, and i'm sure it doesn't bother the show runners. 

Jim did Harvey on Broadway during the summer of 2012 (after the end of Season 5).  He admitted to "bulking up" in order to have the physical stamina to do 8 shows a week for 8 week run of the play.

He also grew his hair out, you might notice it was longer in Season 5 than it was in Season 4 or Season 6.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It is not like Sheldon wore now suits and tie all the time.

Just when receiving an award, or going to a Prom. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Jim did Harvey on Broadway during the summer of 2012 (after the end of Season 5).  He admitted to "bulking up" in order to have the physical stamina to do 8 shows a week for 8 week run of the play.

Thanks for the info @vonmar. I did not know that and it always made me wonder about the "bulking up" differences from s5 to s6.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

i think Jim has a great physique right now. He trains, but  he said in an interview that he is unlikely to  go overboard and turn into the hulk, so i'm sure it won't be too OOC . besides, who said, nerds can't bulk up?   if they really want to, they can use Sheldon as an example of a nerd who breaks the stereotype......something like @Desdemona suggested lol. :icon_redface:

I thought Jim had a bit of bulked up physique in season 5 too lol. they never explained it, so i don't think they will this time. it doesn't bother me, and i'm sure it doesn't bother the show runners. 

I've noticed it too @serena_1995

I was glad, because you could clearly see his cheekbones in the early seasons and I think he looks better now.

Thanks for the interesting info @vonmar! That explains a lot.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Just when receiving an award, or going to a Prom. :icon_biggrin: 

Or being on a radio science programme.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

They always had jokes about how weak he was. However now that they're turning Sheldon into a semi-god this could be :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

They always had jokes about how weak he was. However now that they're turning Sheldon into a semi-god this could be :icon_rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I always find this "they turn him into a god!!" claim so silly. The guy barely got his life sorted out -  so either godhood is an easily achieved feat these days or y'all are really easily impressed. lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, April said:

I'm sorry but I always find this "they turn him into a god!!" claim so silly. The guy barely got his life sorted out -  so either godhood is an easily achieved feat these days or y'all are really easily impressed. lol

Compare season 10 to early seasons. Suddenly Sheldon is an expert on almost everything. He still has flaws of course but it's that extreme diffetence that makes it feel this way. It is more than character development, it feels ridiculous to me at times. Suddenly he works on engines? The only one who understands math symbols (I'm not talking about complex equations just the basics that others suddenly can't handle)? A master baker? Goes for hours on his first time having sex? Please...I find it ridiculous. I don't expect you to agree of course, I expect many disagreements but that is how I feel. Oh, and that's without mentioning the "all hail the mighty Sheldon" episode (200 and season 7 Christmas).

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bfm said:

i was kidding or rather, just speculating for fun, based on the ideas others were suggesting(if they wanted any in-show explanations). 

11 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I was glad, because you could clearly see his cheekbones in the early seasons and I think he looks better now.

agree. yeah, I think he looks fit and much better now. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Compare season 10 to early seasons. Suddenly Sheldon is an expert on almost everything. He still has flaws of course but it's that extreme diffetence that makes it feel this way. It is more than character development, it feels ridiculous to me at times. Suddenly he works on engines? The only one who understands math symbols (I'm not talking about complex equations just the basics that others suddenly can't handle)? A master baker? Goes for hours on his first time having sex? Please...I find it ridiculous. I don't expect you to agree of course, I expect many disagreements but that is how I feel. Oh, and that's without mentioning the "all hail the mighty Sheldon" episode (200 and season 7 Christmas).

It was mentioned in S. 4 that Sheldon can bake and cook very well. Also he has always been a know-it-all, with a knowledge of things he was not supposed to be interested in, like football. He pretended to be a better engineer (or at least to know engineering better) than Howard well before the train episode in S. 10.  As a person with a degree in Mathematics, I assure you that it's not always easy to understand or to know all the symbols written on a board. I sure can't. We don't know exactly which kind of Maths was needed for that prototype, if that were just basic equations or something more advanced. It's not unlikely Leonard, and above all Howard, didn't know what Sheldon was doing.

I don't want to deny the way Sheldon has been depicted during the years, the basic fact about his character is that he thinks that he is better than everyone else and often the writers build on that, what I think is it was always the case, even in S. 1, the point is that now it is more notable because of the poor plots some other characters are given. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6