The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

43 minutes ago, veejay said:

And we are back to the obvious: the unsatisfactory and one - sided development (description) of some characters, on - screen!

I think most of us here are on the same page about this.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, veejay said:

And we are back to the obvious: the unsatisfactory and one - sided development (description) of some characters, on - screen!

I think there is some agreement on this, possible solutions and ways about changing this however that is not the case.

• Like 1

Yeah, most of us..most of us..

misc_00284.gif.f10fa17c5ef424edfc96569601f64beb.gif

..all in the same room.  :shy:
(It supposed to be funny as its original sense.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, veejay said:

We are in same page about this. If depended on me, every character would be developed in  the most fair way and the most of important things to them would be on screen than off screen.

Just for let you all know my opinion on this. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

We are in same page about this. If depended on me, every character would be developed in  the most fair way and the most of important things to them would be on screen than off screen.

Just for let you all know my opinion on this. :)

Ok, same page, same room, same forum...  :shy:

misc_00013.gif.3cd3da9f154f4ea9a7247d543f5db454.gif

^  I have to admit, I'm also a little selfish 'cause it's too hot out here.
(32°C, Central Germany)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, veejay said:

Ok, same page, same room, same forum...  :shy:

misc_00013.gif.3cd3da9f154f4ea9a7247d543f5db454.gif

^  I have to admit, I'm also a little selfish 'cause it's too hot out here.
(32°C, Central Germany)

I feel your pain. Here is 28ºC with 57 % of humidity. It is very hot for me, lol!

Side note: that botle of wine is replaced here with ice water! :icon_cheesygrin:

13836eb64683dfe1f5ddf3c4f085bada.gif

Edited by spidergirl
Messed numbers, lol
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I feel your pain. Here is 28ºC with 57 % of humidity. It is very hot for me, lol!

Side note: that botle of wine is replaced here with ice water! :icon_cheesygrin:

Hey, that jiff is missing in my deposit! I have to inform you officially of my spontaneous thievery. Cheers! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, veejay said:

Hey, that jiff is missing in my deposit! I have to inform you officially of my spontaneous thievery. Cheers! :icon_cheesygrin:

Glad you did! :icon_cheesygrin:

* high fives you*

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Glad you did! :icon_cheesygrin:

* high fives you*

g_56.gif.904760efa0ca1f361ee0285bcafc672e.gif

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

I'll take an ice tea please.  The air conditioner in my car went out

Edited by Kathy2611
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, April said:

I think in cases like this it's simply a matter of priorities. His love for trains and his excitement about the trip trumps whatever safety concerns he might have had under other circumstances. When Sheldon is obsessed with a thing he can easily go overboard with that - his usual rules be damned! That's very in character for him, too.

No. Only in a cartoon or a ridiculous farce would someone bring an engine into an apartment building living room. He would just rent space in a shop. The only reasons not to do that would be it would not funny enough and they would need another set. A engine is not just a bongo set or tuba that someone can carry around.

TOR_T32001.jpg.4c075f32997033bb8ddd18d1552556af.jpg

8 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Long Island? :icon_cheesygrin:

*after you park your car, course*

tumblr_md7eisYD7O1r1n4hto1_250.gif

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

o_00525.gif.71bcddfe092c6a3afd098fea09945fe6.gif

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Just in time for it to hit 90. Sorry Kathy

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

No. Only in a cartoon or a ridiculous farce would someone bring an engine into an apartment building living room.

Yeah, I think we already agreed that this is a sitcom and ridiculous things tend to happen in those. lol

12 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

We all see things differently. To me, the big picture feels like Sheldon, as a character has his strengths and weaknesses. There are some things he is getting better at like his relationship , some things he is good at as he always was like math/quantum mech and solid research, somethings he is losing his edge at- like losing the video game to a teenager, and somethings he still screws up like reading social cues /emotions and disclosing too much info about his private life to strangers. 

Also, even if it is far fetched for him to go swimming with Ramona or not wear a suit while working with engines, I still fail to see how that makes him a god like person ?? Howard pointed it out to Sheldon how he was getting the basic terminology wrong at every turn about engines .  And Ramona  got him to only put his head under water. Neither indicates he is an expert at swimming or engines. At most it proves that the writers either dont care about realism or just want to show Sheldon trying out new things . 

my complaint in the show has been the opposite  of what you are claiming. I feel they put too much focus on Sheldon's flaws and his issues . The other characters' flaws are not critically examined as much as Sheldon,  and they probably never will be.

I mean, how many plots do you see where Leonard screws up, others point out how annoying/jerk he is , and he apologizes ? Or a plot about Leonard learning a life lesson of his own ? Very few compared to what Sheldon gets over the years. Which is why,  I believe the writers treat Sheldon as a flawed character , who needs to learn lessons or atleast is given an opportunity to learn or be better.  Which shows , that they don't see Sheldon as perfect at all. 

By your logic,  there is far more evidence that Leonard and Amy are more god like, more capable,  more perfect, less flawed and have lesser issues of their own, compared to Sheldon since they don't have as many plots about their own growth/issues/life lessons as Sheldon, which makes it seem like, by default,  the writers don't think they need as much growth/improvement as Sheldon does. 

The thing is lately it seems to me that getting over his issues is too easy for him. If one does things he had much trouble with, with no hesitation and having a blast all along, to me it means he is an incredible person. It is hard for me to believe. I measure "performance" (for lack of a better word) against the challenge. IMO, Sheldon faced some of his major challenges (not all, some) with too much ease. We have seen him havung development over the years but IMO not enough for his coping to be so easy. 

Leonard and Amy god-like? Far far away from it. Both are mocked many times, Leonard to a much greater degree (he is presented as a lousy looser sooo frequently), while to me what we are shown does not justify it. Both are clearly flowed but not to the point to justify such frequent, obiquitous and harsh degradation, again Leonard to a much greater degree. This season we have seen Leonard learn and repair his errors in "The Romance Recalibration" and "The Cognition Regeneration" but I agree this is far from enough. However, to me the message is that he is just a looser and is not good enough to make big improvements. I'm not saying that this is exactly what the writers aimed for (maybe yes, maybe not at all, maybe they aimed for a less extreme version) but I do believe they don't care enough to show him, or some others, grow.

• Like 1

Maybe they figured out they would not have any chance aganst tbbt with the earlier schedule. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

This is interesting, NBC has changed its Thursday schedule, TBBT is not up with Will and Grace anymore (it airs Thurdsays at 9 pm.) and This is Us is back on Tuesdays...

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/30/nbc-this-is-us-thursdays-this-fall/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

LOL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

LOL

Probably they wanted to maximize their investment, Will and Grace has more chances to beat Mom than TBBT. The interesting thing is that they moved the show at 9 pm, after Young Sheldon, too. As for This is Us, given this year numbers, I guess next year it will end up to be N. 1 show (for Demo at least), regardless which night it airs, but I'm happy it's not on Thursdays, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Isn't TBBT on Monday nights in the fall?

Only until the beginning of November.  TBBT moves back to Thursdays on November 2nd, where it will be followed by Young Sheldon in the schedule.

• Like 1

Still it's 4-5 episodes. Enough for the Shamy proposal to wear off and for people to realize Sheldon is more of a CW show and flip like many do after TBBT.