The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

Why does there have to be a reason?  We saw Howardette's planning for their wedding, and didn't see any planning for either of Lenny's ceremonies.  What would be wrong with an off-screen elopement for Shamy?
 Of course, we know the writers and TPTB won't do that, since all they seem to care about is Shamy.  Maybe they can have an on-screen elopement.  That would be their big chance to only have Shamy on screen (ok, and the person officiating the ceremony) for en entire episode.  

An entire episode!!!  You do know the writers care about shamy and their growth more than anything else.  They will work them at a snail's pace and will probably take the whole of season 11 to plan their wedding, why the rest of the characters are in the background  and put their relationships on hold as their lives slowly sucks away because that's what they do for the greatest guy ever, who will constantly remind them how their relationship
& lives sucks compare to his. But they will soldier on like troopers to make sure everything goes to plan and shamy have the best wedding ever, come 11x24, or maybe they will drag it out to S12 and we have the privilege of witnessing a couple honeymooning on bbt for the the first and only time and the happiness will never go away for the duration of s12.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

And it is a valuable reason as any other.

And, again, to me, marriage isn't nearly the hurdle or milestone for them that other things have been.

3 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Not the first on this planet. For examples see https://www.pinterest.com/weddingbydesign/star-trek-theme/

try google...

katlin-vadims-star-trek-jewish-wedding-i

Okay now I so want Shamy to have a Star Trek wedding, that would be so nerdy and so Sheldon, it would be perfect for the show.  Leonard would have to marry them as Capt. Kirk, Penny and Bernadette as bridesmaids and Raj and Howard as groomsmen.

28 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I was just curious why as we saw the others couples wedding ceremonies.Besides I did not say it would be wrong. Discussing as I believe you agree with me it is not always about what we agree or enjoy about.

And we didn't seen the wedding planning for Lenny, as we did for Howardette.  If we didn't see the planning for Lenny, and did for Howardette, a Shamy elopement off screen would be the same, wouldn't it?   And I didn't say you said there was anything wrong with it.  I just ask you what WOULD be wrong with not showing a Shamy elopement, as you asked if there was a special reason for not showing it.  

28 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

And I won't get into a discuss about writers  might prefer shamy than others couples on the show. It is not my fault their faiilures  and neither any other fan show's fault.  It was just curiosity, that's  all. 

I didn't ask you to get into it.  I didn't say it was any fan's fault.  All my comments were directed at the writers and TPTB. They are the ones who concentrate on Sheldon. If you or anyone else likes that, that's great.  

27 minutes ago, veejay said:

^
    ^
         Wait. Wasn’t it always my main reason, watching a TV-Show to expect something off-camera.

I'm just curious.  :scratchhead:

I was just curious as to why, since Lenny has so many off screen moments, why Shamy couldn't have an off screen moment.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I was just curious as to why, since Lenny has so many off screen moments, why Shamy couldn't have an off screen moment.  

Oh, I know.
misc_00311.gif.2294795b53f85515f312bb3932ff7ac3.gif
Well, I prepare myself a long time now for all the fun it has to beat.  :shy:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Okay now I so want Shamy to have a Star Trek wedding, that would be so nerdy and so Sheldon, it would be perfect for the show.

And Sheldon would say:-

Amy be'nal vItlhap SoHvaD Sheldon.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tensor said:

And we didn't seen the wedding planning for Lenny, as we did for Howardette.  If we didn't see the planning for Lenny, and did for Howardette, a Shamy elopement off screen would be the same, wouldn't it?   And I didn't say you said there was anything wrong with it.  I just ask you what WOULD be wrong with not showing a Shamy elopement, as you asked if there was a special reason for not showing  it.

Again I  was just curious about the reasons some would agree with a shamy off screen elopement. Because as viewer I like to see the most things possible about all characters on screen. Honestly the feeling I got in end of this conversation  is my curiosity was a wrong thing to the theme we were discussing about. 

38 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I didn't ask you to get into it.  I didn't say it was any fan's fault.  All my comments were directed at the writers and TPTB. They are the ones who concentrate on Sheldon. If you or anyone else likes that, that's great.  

Yes, they were directed at the writers and TPTB  indeed. However and my apologies but I need to be very honest here , I think sometimes some shippers should not get into some discussions because the show is treating bad others ships. That's  the reason of my words earlier. If I am crossing some line as member, my apologies. But it is a bit frustrating as person tries to keep a conversation and some reasons are seen as they dont need to be talked about because the lack of development/screen time balance some characters have compared with others. I won't post more about the off screen elopment as I got the message.

Just for finishing, I have said many times that I had not agreed about some things  Sheldon had done . I do my best for be always the fairest enough about what I talk about. My intention as I expressed my curiosity  earlier was not for gushing over a shamy wedding on screen or something. I had said more than once if they had not shown the wedding, I would be fine. The curiosity was about the elopment but that's okay.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

We saw the lenny and bernardette weddings. Any special reason for shamy should be a off camera elopment?

No special reason. We have had two weddings already. I have had my fill of that. A little mystery is fine with me. Lets do something unexpected I say.
Ultimately I'd be more interested in seeing Shamy as expectant parents.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

Again I  was just curious about the reasons some would agree with a shamy off screen elopement. Because as viewer I like to see the most things possible about all characters on screen. Honestly the feeling I got in end of this conversation  is my curiosity was a wrong thing to the theme we were discussing about. 

Not at all.  You said they showed Howardette's and Lenny's weddings onscreen, so why not Shamy's?  But, they also showed Howardette's planning, but not Lenny's planning, so why does Shamy's wedding have to be shown?

Yes, they were directed at the writers and TPTB  indeed. However and my apologies but I need to be very honest here , I think sometimes some shippers should not get into some discussions because the show is treating bad others ships. That's  the reason of my words earlier. If I am crossing some line as member, my apologies. But it is a bit frustrating as person tries to keep a conversation and some reasons are seen as they dont need to be talked about because the lack of balance some characters have compared with others.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  I was just posting why I thought they would not have Shamy have an off screen elopement.  I felt the writers love Shamy too much, to let a wedding get away from them.  As long as members keep their comments about the show, and not about other members, they can discuss what ever they want about the show.  Or give their opinions about the show.  You asked an allowable question, I asked an allowable question, there wasn't anything wrong with that.  If someone asks a question or makes a statement, others can state what they feel are the why's of those questions or statements.  Or they can ask for more info.  That doesn't mean the original poster has to give and answer.  

I won't post more about the off screen elopment as I get the message.

There was no message.  You basically asked why not show Shamy's elopement, I asked why should they.  if you don't want to answer, you don't have to.  

Just for finishing, I have said many times that I had not agreed about some things  Sheldon had done . I do my best for be always the fairest enough about what I talk about. My intention as I expressed my curiosity  earlier was not for gushing over a shamy wedding on screen or something. I had said more than once if they had not shown the wedding, I would be fine. The curiosity was about the elopment but that's okay.

If you can ask why there should be a reason for an elopement off screen, then there shouldn't be a problem with someone asking why they can't have an elopement off screen.  BTW, asking what would be wrong with them not showing the elopement, isn't saying there is anything wrong.  It's another way of asking why does there have to be a reason to not show it, or what would the problem be if the didn't show it.

I get the feeling the answer to that is simply it's what you want to see, and there isn't anything wrong with that.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  I was just posting why I thought they would not have Shamy have an off screen elopement.  I felt the writers love Shamy too much, to let a wedding get away from them.  

That's  what you undertood, no worries.

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

If someone asks a question or makes a statement, others can state what they feel are the why's of those questions or statements.  Or they can ask for more info.  That doesn't mean the original poster has to give and answer.  

Of course nobody has to give an answer. But anyone could ask what they are curious about. Fair enough.

• Like 1

Let's see what they have in store.

To each his or her own, but I hope it's fucking magnificent :)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, as Captain Picard.

japEG+-+C%C3%B3pia.jpg

No, no ,no Capt. Kirk, Amy looked really hot in the original series science officer outfit with the skirt and boots, I bet Bernadette and Penny would look cute in those outfits too.  Also Mr. Data and Sheldon had a falling out and we all know he likes Spock better, so it has to be original series.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Lets do something unexpected I say.

11 hours ago, Jonny said:

Let's see what they have in store.

To each his or her own, but I hope it's fucking magnificent :)

Since this is Shamy I have no doubt the writers can pull out something nerdy/geeky/quirky for them - be it the preparation or the actual ceremony. I'm personally not too much into TV wedding stuff either but if they can give it a nice twist then by all means, I'm game.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, April said:

Since this is Shamy I have no doubt the writers can pull out something nerdy/geeky/quirky for them - be it the preparation or the actual ceremony. I'm personally not too much into TV wedding stuff either but if they can give it a nice twist then by all means, I'm game.

I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to weddings so I don't want anything super nerdy for them (perhaps trying to have nerdy things as a form of comedy in terms of buildup I would like to see), but I am fascinated to see what they have in store. That's if they do get engaged and get to that stage.

Maybe they will have to find a balance, too nerdy then it caters to Sheldon more, too traditional it caters to Amy more. 

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to weddings so I don't want anything super nerdy for them (perhaps trying to have nerdy things as a form of comedy in terms of buildup I would like to see), but I am fascinated to see what they have in store. That's if they do get engaged and get to that stage.

I have no doubt they will get engaged so it's all fun and games to speculate. ;)

But yeah, as said, they can infuse the preparation or ceremony with the typical Shamy quirkiness so there are a lot of possibilities. So far in interviews there was quite a bit of talk that points to how they might have to negotiate what they want so maybe we get some nerdy/sciency preparations about how things should go down but in the end they just end up going to the courthouse alone or something. Can't wait to find out! :D

• Like 2

Shamy will most likely have their wedding being episode 11x24 or 12x01. It wouldn't surprise me if Penny finds out she is pregnant in 11x24 or 12x01, so they can time the pregnancy so Penny gives birth in 12x24 (if it is the series final). No idea if the show can seriously get 13 seasons, seem's like 12 could be it, even if they only need 21 episodes for season 13 to reach 300 episodes. 

Lenny's wedding had a 3-episode arc carried from 9x23 to 10x01. I do hope Shamy can do the same, if it means we get a chance to meet Amy's family and Sheldon's brother. Because all the wedding stories always had a story carried over at least 2 episodes. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SRAM said:

Amy looked really hot in the original series science officer outfit with the skirt and boots

Maybe Amy could get married, dressed as Yeoman Rand?

c35203fe59f0c4040b65c9bdf74c9dbe.jpg

:maninlove:

11 hours ago, SRAM said:

and we all know he likes Spock better, so it has to be original series.

It's a pity Leonard Nimoy is no longer with us.

If he were, he could attend (or maybe even officiate) at Shamy's wedding.

How cool would that have been?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, April said:

I have no doubt they will get engaged so it's all fun and games to speculate. ;)

But yeah, as said, they can infuse the preparation or ceremony with the typical Shamy quirkiness so there are a lot of possibilities. So far in interviews there was quite a bit of talk that points to how they might have to negotiate what they want so maybe we get some nerdy/sciency preparations about how things should go down but in the end they just end up going to the courthouse alone or something. Can't wait to find out! :D

It seems to me Adam Nimoy and Wil Wheaton deserve to be invited, considering they had to suffer Sheldon's outburst when they were making the Spockumentary. I hope they enjoy the make-your-own-sundae bar.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe Amy could get married, dressed as Yeoman Rand?

Not the same. Rand did not ware pants. So 60s.

e7d5743160e72531a2c5837646178581.thumb.jpg.39649a74136773f30043664c90593db8.jpg

7 hours ago, wonder63 said:

Shamy will most likely have their wedding being episode 11x24 or 12x01. It wouldn't surprise me if Penny finds out she is pregnant in 11x24 or 12x01, so they can time the pregnancy so Penny gives birth in 12x24 (if it is the series final). No idea if the show can seriously get 13 seasons, seem's like 12 could be it, even if they only need 21 episodes for season 13 to reach 300 episodes. 

Lenny's wedding had a 3-episode arc carried from 9x23 to 10x01. I do hope Shamy can do the same, if it means we get a chance to meet Amy's family and Sheldon's brother. Because all the wedding stories always had a story carried over at least 2 episodes. 

I highly doubt that the writers care so much that Penny will get pregnant before the series end. I think it is much more likely that Amy will get pregnant to be honest. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I think it is much more likely that Amy will get pregnant to be honest. 

That I would really love to see.

Amy wadling around with a massive belly, while Sheldon fusses over her, driving her crazy.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 1:33 PM, joyceraye said:

I thought she was going to wear Sarah Jane's dress from The Pyramids of Mars. Surely Sheldon bought it from a memorabilia auction at a Dr Who  Convention around the time he got the ring from his mother?

My oldest son wants a Doctor Who wedding. He wants to be Patrick Troughton. The only dress his girlfriend thinks would be anywhere near to reasonable is something like that Pyramids of Mars dress.

56 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I highly doubt that the writers care so much that Penny will get pregnant before the series end. I think it is much more likely that Amy will get pregnant to be honest. 

I don't want to see either of them pregnant but of the two I could tolerate Amy if I had to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The only dress his girlfriend thinks would be anywhere near to reasonable is something like that Pyramids of Mars dress.

It was a very beautiful dress.

It produced one of my favourite Doctor/Sarah verbal exchanges:-

SARAH: Hey, Doctor. Doctor, look what I've found. 
DOCTOR: Hello, Vicky. 
SARAH: What?
DOCTOR: Hmm? Where did you get that dress? 
SARAH: I just told you. I found it back there in the wardrobe. Why, don't you like it? 
DOCTOR: Yes. Yes, I always did. Victoria wore it. She travelled with me for a time. 
SARAH: Well, as long as Albert didn't wear it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Not the same. Rand did not ware pants. So 60s.

e7d5743160e72531a2c5837646178581.thumb.jpg.39649a74136773f30043664c90593db8.jpg

Since Leonard allways dresses as the Capt. Then Rand is reserved for  penny. Amy gets nurse Chappel

• Like 2