The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 10-11 Hiatus Thread

If anyone gets pregnant. It has to be Penny. The audience wouldent care for anything else beyond that. Penny's pregnancy is the only card up their sleeve left. Around end of s11 I see Penny getting pregnant. Or they get a pregnancy scare. And through out hopefully Last season Lenny try to get pregnant. And Penny does 12.23. Last episode before series final. Last episode revolved around Penny giving birth. They get their smart and beautiful babies. Sheldons wrong :D. Then i see ALOT of dream sequences in the future. That's how I see I hopefully forecasting.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Since Leonard allways dresses as the Capt. Then Rand is reserved for  penny. Amy gets nurse Chappel

Except Leonard dresses as Picard.

28 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Except Leonard dresses as Picard.

We have only seen him as Picard but he is allways the Capt.  And Sheldon is allways the science officer 

TNG are not the ONLY costumes they have ever worn. Hell this year Sheldon was going as Dumbledore

Edited by JE7

There is no reason why we should have to see the Shamy wedding. All 3 couples are different. Shamy are not romantic. The writers know this - they even had Sheldon say it. But there was no need for us to have to see Shamy in bed, but we did, So I guess we're going to see the wedding. So this is what I think would be most tolerable.

The bride wears white - namely the gleaming white lab coat that is the only oufit Amy has ever worn that suits her. The groom, celebrant and principal guests are also in lab coats: altho' Sheldon is a theoretical physicist, he should be happy to appear in the traditional garb of a scientist. The ceremony is held in a room in the Life Sciences building. It is science-themed, and clinical rather than sentimental. The celebrant's address might include mentioning that the purpose of this marriage is to breed a new strain of super-intelligent post-humans.

Most importantly, the proceedings are enlivened by a mass escape of lab rats.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JohnPhD said:

Shamy are not romantic.

In your opinion.

3 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

The writers know this - they even had Sheldon say it.

That was a while back (early season 8), and a lot has changed since then.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

In your opinion.

Wrong. Sheldon said "There's nothing romantic about us".

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

namely the gleaming white lab coat that is the only outfit Amy has ever worn that suits her.

You don't think she suited the dress she wore to the wedding in Pulled Groin, or the one she wore for Howard and Bernadette's wedding?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

My oldest son wants a Doctor Who wedding. He wants to be Patrick Troughton. The only dress his girlfriend thinks would be anywhere near to reasonable is something like that Pyramids of Mars dress.

I don't want to see either of them pregnant but of the two I could tolerate Amy if I had to.

Think they have to make Penny get pregnant as this was the plotline from the pilot episode  "OUR BABIES WILL BE SMART AND BEAUTIFUL"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You don't think she suited the dress she wore to the wedding in Pulled Groin, or the one she wore for Howard and Bernadette's wedding?

Not in my opinion 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JE7 said:

Since Leonard allways dresses as the Capt. Then Rand is reserved for  penny. Amy gets nurse Chappel

Of course Penny would be utterly charming in that costume, which is why we can be sure it won't happen. But perhaps Raj could wear his Lieutenant Uhura costume that's been mentioned but never seen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

The bride wears white - namely the gleaming white lab coat that is the only oufit Amy has ever worn that suits her. The groom, celebrant and principal guests are also in lab coats: altho' Sheldon is a theoretical physicist, he should be happy to appear in the traditional garb of a scientist. The ceremony is held in a room in the Life Sciences building. It is science-themed, and clinical rather than sentimental. The celebrant's address might include mentioning that the purpose of this marriage is to breed a new strain of super-intelligent post-humans.

LMAO. this made me laugh....unfortunately thats not something i can say about tbbt these days :wacko:

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

LMAO. this made me laugh....unfortunately thats not something i can say about tbbt these days :wacko:

Me too, Serena. The escape of the lab rats representing the symbolic release of the doves cracked me up!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Think they have to make Penny get pregnant as this was the plotline from the pilot episode  "OUR BABIES WILL BE SMART AND BEAUTIFUL"

Do you honestly trust the writers they have now with that storyline? I don't. And what's worse, what if they look like Leonard and are as smart as Penny? LOL- jk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Do you honestly trust the writers they have now with that storyline? I don't. And what's worse, what if they look like Leonard and are as smart as Penny? LOL- jk.

George Bernard Shaw is supposed to have said more or less that to a famously beautiful actress, or perhaps the dancer Isadora Duncan, who suggested they should produce a perfect baby together. I always thought it was a missed trick that Sheldon didn't say that.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2017 at 9:22 PM, JohnPhD said:

Wrong. Sheldon said "There's nothing romantic about us".

At that time their relationship was not much romantic and it happened in season 8 , before Sheldon and Amy were broken up. Meanwhile much water has flowed under the bridge and the romantic elements have been present in their relationship. In second half of season 9 can be found a few and more in s10.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

George Bernard Shaw is supposed to have said more or less that to a famously beautiful actress, or perhaps the dancer Isadora Duncan, who suggested they should produce a perfect baby together. I always thought it was a missed trick that Sheldon didn't say that.

THAT IS IT! I have been trying to remember since yesterday where I first saw that. THANK YOU!

• Like 3

On 6/11/2017 at 11:00 PM, 3ku11 said:

If anyone gets pregnant. It has to be Penny. The audience wouldent care for anything else beyond that. Penny's pregnancy is the only card up their sleeve left. Around end of s11 I see Penny getting pregnant. Or they get a pregnancy scare. And through out hopefully Last season Lenny try to get pregnant. And Penny does 12.23. Last episode before series final. Last episode revolved around Penny giving birth. They get their smart and beautiful babies. Sheldons wrong :D. Then i see ALOT of dream sequences in the future. That's how I see I hopefully forecasting.

Disagree...many people would be fascinated if Sheldon and Amy ever had a child. Far more interesting then Leonard and Penny having a child.

On 6/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, JohnPhD said:

There is no reason why we should have to see the Shamy wedding. All 3 couples are different. Shamy are not romantic. The writers know this - they even had Sheldon say it. But there was no need for us to have to see Shamy in bed, but we did, So I guess we're going to see the wedding. So this is what I think would be most tolerable.

Sheldon and Amy are more romantic than the ever unhappy and bickering Leonard and Penny. Not sure why they even married to be honest...they were more interesting with Leonard hopelessly infatuated with her. I like them better as the cat and mouse game thing they had going on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sah said:

Disagree...many people would be fascinated if Sheldon and Amy ever had a child. Far more interesting then Leonard and Penny having a child.

Sheldon and Amy are more romantic than the ever unhappy and bickering Leonard and Penny. Not sure why they even married to be honest...they were more interesting with Leonard hopelessly infatuated with her. I like them better as the cat and mouse game thing they had going on.

Actually Sheldon was much funnier as an asexual Homo Novus.

Bringing in amy ruined the charecter. Watching him try to parent would  just be cringe worthy and my god that poor child would be in therapy its whole life raised by a man who is basically a non violent sociopath 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Actually Sheldon was much funnier as an asexual Homo Novus.

Bringing in amy ruined the charecter. Watching him try to parent would  just be cringe worthy and my god that poor child would be in therapy its whole life raised by a man who is basically a non violent sociopath 

Having trouble reading social cues does not equate to being a sociopath. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sah said:

Having trouble reading social cues does not equate to being a sociopath. 

Antisocial Personality Disorder Symptoms

By Steve Bressert, Ph.D.
~ 4 min read

Antisocial personality disorder is a disorder that is characterized by a long-standing pattern of disregard for other people’s rights, often crossing the line and violating those rights. A person with antisocial personality disorder (APD) often feels little or no empathy toward other people, and doesn’t see the problem in bending or breaking the law for their own needs or wants. The disorder usually begins in childhood or as a teen and continues into a person’s adult life.

Antisocial personality disorder is often referred to as psychopathy or sociopathy in popular culture. However, neither psychopathy nor sociopathy are recognized professional labels used for diagnosis.

Individuals with Antisocial Personality Disorder frequently lack empathy and tend to be callous, cynical, and contemptuous of the feelings, rights, and sufferings of others. They may have an inflated and arrogant self-appraisal (e.g., feel that ordinary work is beneath them or lack a realistic concern about their current problems or their future) and may be excessively opinionated, self-assured, or cocky. They may display a glib, superficial charm and can be quite voluble and verbally facile (e.g., using technical terms or jargon that might impress someone who is unfamiliar with the topic).

Lack of empathy, inflated self-appraisal, and superficial charm are features that have been commonly included in traditional conceptions of psychopathy and may be particularly distinguishing of Antisocial Personality Disorder in prison or forensic settings where criminal, delinquent, or aggressive acts are likely to be nonspecific. These individuals may also be irresponsible and exploitative in their sexual relationships.

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual’s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

Sheldon checks off all the diagnostic boxed except the ones related to violence but hey no room in a sitcom for a little of the ol ultra violence 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, JE7 said:

By Steve Bressert, Ph.D.
~ 4 min read

Antisocial personality disorder is a disorder that is characterized by a long-standing pattern of disregard for other people’s rights, often crossing the line and violating those rights. A person with antisocial personality disorder (APD) often feels little or no empathy toward other people, and doesn’t see the problem in bending or breaking the law for their own needs or wants. The disorder usually begins in childhood or as a teen and continues into a person’s adult life.

Antisocial personality disorder is often referred to as psychopathy or sociopathy in popular culture. However, neither psychopathy nor sociopathy are recognized professional labels used for diagnosis.

Individuals with Antisocial Personality Disorder frequently lack empathy and tend to be callous, cynical, and contemptuous of the feelings, rights, and sufferings of others. They may have an inflated and arrogant self-appraisal (e.g., feel that ordinary work is beneath them or lack a realistic concern about their current problems or their future) and may be excessively opinionated, self-assured, or cocky. They may display a glib, superficial charm and can be quite voluble and verbally facile (e.g., using technical terms or jargon that might impress someone who is unfamiliar with the topic).

Lack of empathy, inflated self-appraisal, and superficial charm are features that have been commonly included in traditional conceptions of psychopathy and may be particularly distinguishing of Antisocial Personality Disorder in prison or forensic settings where criminal, delinquent, or aggressive acts are likely to be nonspecific. These individuals may also be irresponsible and exploitative in their sexual relationships.

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual’s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

Sheldon checks off all the diagnostic boxed except the ones related to violence but hey no room in a sitcom for a little of the ol ultra violence 

Disagree...on all of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JE7 said:

By Steve Bressert, Ph.D.
~ 4 min read

Is this is actually how you see Sheldon? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sah said:

Disagree...on all of it.

That dosent make it untrue

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Is this is actually how you see Sheldon? 

Yes this is exactly how i see sheldon which is why all his "changes" dont ring true to me.

A leopard dosent change it's spots as they say

• Like 4

I feel that Sheldon struggles with reading social cues and how to interact in certain social situations. I would argue that sociopaths are extremely competent in reading social cues making them excellent manipulators and the having the ability to readily lie to get what they want. Sheldon is not a manipulator and certainly can't tell a lie or even hold a secret for that matter. He does have empathy for other people. He knows right from wrong. He does not put on false pretenses about who he is in order to get what he wants. I see him as being on the autism spectrum more then anything else. 

Edited by Sah
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Sah said:

Disagree...on all of it.

What part do you disagree with?  Much of that comes from the DSM V.  Do you object to the criteria or it's application to Sheldon? 

• Like 2