'Big Bang' moving to Thursdays

Tripper

CBS is to move The Big Bang Theory to Thursdays at 8/7c as part of a new planned comedy block. The network announced its Fall 2010 plans today at its Upfront in New York City.

The Big Bang Theory will air at 8:00-8:30 before the new show $#*! My Dad Says, a sitcom based on the Twitter account Sh*t My Dad Says. Two drama series will finish the night out: CSI airs at 9:00-10:00 and The Mentalist at 10:00-11:00.

The Big Bang Theory's Monday 9:30 slot is to be taken by Mike & Molly, a new show from Big Bang creator Chuck Lorre.

Wow. I'm starting to realise how much this whole "Monday Night is Big Bang Night" thing has become second nature to me. I'm laughing at my Sheldon-esque reaction to the news: "They can't do this! Monday night is Big Bang Night! We ALWAYS watch Big Bang on Monday nights!"

Steve

The Wiki

I liked watching TBBT after 2.5 Men on Mondays, they're both my favorite shows so I am a little disappointed. But my Thursday nights are free and I hope and pray that it does well in that time slot.

Quick question.. over here in the US, the show "Survivor" is on CBS Thursdays at 8pm.. Unless this is the last season which may be possible.

Anyone know if its been moved or if its finished?

Survivor is moving to Wednesdays at 8/7c, I think.

I checked on that today and Survivor indeed is moving to Wednesdays.. which is good because its always for better for a show to move to a new time which already had a decent audience, rather than start from scratch. BBT should rock on Thursday Nights, or any night for that matter..It simply IS the best show on TV

Wow. I'm starting to realise how much this whole "Monday Night is Big Bang Night" thing has become second nature to me. I'm laughing at my Sheldon-esque reaction to the news: "They can't do this! Monday night is Big Bang Night! We ALWAYS watch Big Bang on Monday nights!"

Steve

The Wiki

:icon_cry:

Nice post man

...The *HORROR*...

My Thursday nights are ruined now! I liked having it on MONDAY night. Then directly afterwards would be CSI Miami. Now its on Thursday night, which would be lightly acceptable to my schedule, but then I have to skip precisely 30 minutes and then remember to come back to the TV for CSI!! THE HORROR!!!!!

oh no!! i play poker on thursday nights!! it was soo good having it on mondays!! i'd watch HIMYM then this! or was it vice versa? oh well... hope this new schedule will work out for the ratings! as said earlier, thursday nights are competitive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We need to start a campaign to put them back on Monday in the US.

Mike & Molly is such a letdown after 2 1/2 Men. Don't care to watch another King of Queens. #$!T what my dad says is also not very funny.

It's great that they are beating Community (although what show wouldn't - nothing funny about it)

I prefer Monday time slot more. It's a good start for my week and Monday is a comedy night together with my other fave comedy shows. And it's a long wait for Thurs too.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah... it's the greatest TV show ever ! I always watch ti ! And I thing " Two and a Half Men " is great, too ! But about " The big Bang Theory " ... I do not have any words !!! :icon_eek::icon_cool::p

:fi_lone_ranger:

Sheldon: I made tea.

Leonard: I don't want tea.

Sheldon: I didn't make tea for you. This is my tea.

Leonard: Then why are you telling me?

Sheldon: It's a conversation starter.

Leonard: That's a lousy conversation starter.

Sheldon: Oh, is it? We're conversing. Checkmate. XDDD :D