The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Character Screen Time

11.09 The Bitcoin Entanglement    

Here are the results for this week, with the season totals:

Week Total                    Season Total

• Show                                              19:05                               181:40*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"  one minute total
  • Commercials                                 11:55                                 97:20
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  2:35                                 29:25

• Leonard                                         15:40                                 76:25
  • Sheldon                                          10:50                                 96:40
  • Penny                                              10:45                                 60:50
  • Raj                                                    12:40                                 62:55                             
  • Howard                                            12:15                                 70:15
  • Bernadette                                        0:50                                 39:15
  • Amy                                                     5:00                                 56:20
  • Stuart                                                  1:50                                   9:05
  • Ruchi                                                                                              8:30

• Shamy      (Total)                                1:05                                 28:05
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               0:00                                 17:55

• Lenny        (Total)                                2:50                                 23:50
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:40                                   7:25

• Howardette   (Total)                           0:00                                  14:40
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          0:00                                    7:45

• Rachi              (Total)                                                                         6:40
  • Rachi              (Alone)                                                                        4:45

• Guys                                                      3:25                                      2:35
  • Girls
  • Gang                                                      3:55                                      9:55

I you want to know how I'm getting the times, you might want to go back look at how I've defined things  It's the system I used for seasons 1-10.

While I'll be tracking everything the same way, I will be putting up some of the results weekly.   Every four weeks, I will put up the spreadsheet, so all the times, for all the pairings, can be viewed. 

Tensor  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

11.09 The Bitcoin Entanglement    

• Show                                              19:05                               181:40*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"  one minute total
  • Commercials                                 11:55                                 97:20
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  2:35                                 29:25

• Leonard                                         15:40                                 76:25
  • Sheldon                                          10:50                                 96:40
  • Penny                                              10:45                                 60:50
  • Raj                                                    12:40                                 62:55                             
  • Howard                                            12:15                                 70:15
  • Bernadette                                        0:50                                 39:15
  • Amy                                                     5:00                                 56:20
  • Stuart                                                  1:50                                   9:05
  • Ruchi                                                                                             8:30

• Shamy      (Total)                                1:05                                 28:05
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               0:00                                 17:55

• Lenny        (Total)                                2:50                                 23:50
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:40                                   7:25

• Howardette   (Total)                           0:00                                  14:40
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          0:00                                    7:45

• Rachi              (Total)                                                                         6:40
  • Rachi              (Alone)                                                                        4:45

• Guys                                                      3:25                                      2:35
  • Girls
  • Gang                                                      3:55                                      9:55

I you want to know how I'm getting the times, you might want to go back look at how I've defined things  It's the system I used for seasons 1-10.

While I'll be tracking everything the same way, I will be putting up some of the results weekly.   Every four weeks, I will put up the spreadsheet, so all the times, for all the pairings, can be viewed. 

Tensor  

I think you left Ruchi and Rachi by mistake

So calculated it. Sheldon has 53% of the screen time this season. I am assuming that has increased this year. Leonard had the most screen time in the last episode though.

35 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So calculated it. Sheldon has 53% of the screen time this season. I am assuming that has increased this year. Leonard had the most screen time in the last episode though.

That's a wrong assumption.  First off, he doesn't have 53% of the screen time, he's in 53% of the screen time.  This includes the time that others are also on screen.   Last year, he appeared in 56% of the screen time, so he's down from last year.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That's a wrong assumption.  First off, he doesn't have 53% of the screen time, he's in 53% of the screen time.  This includes the time that others are also on screen.   Last year, he appeared in 56% of the screen time, so he's down from last year.  

Are any of the other characters in 53% of the screen time? No.

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

Are any of the other characters in 53% of the screen time? No.

Which has what to do with claiming Sheldon has 53% of the screen time.  He doesn't.  Now, if he was alone in all of the time, or the camera is on him all the time, then he would have 53% of the screen time.  But, he isn't, and it's not.   This applies to all others.  If you want to claim he "HAS" some percentage of the screen time, you would have to go back and find where he's alone on screen.   That doesn't happen very often, for any of them. 

• Like 5

11.10 The Confidence Erosion    

Hey, the women finally get some time this week.  First time this season.

• Show                                              21:30                               203:20*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"  one minute total
  • Commercials                                   9:30                               106:50
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  2:15                                 31:40

• Leonard                                             7:15                                83:40
  • Sheldon                                           11:35                              108:15
  • Penny                                                 6:10                                67:00
  • Raj                                                       9:00                                71:55                             
  • Howard                                              6:05                                 76:20
  • Bernadette                                        1:40                                 40:55
  • Amy                                                   10:20                                 66:40
  • Stuart                                                  1:00                                 10:05
  • Ruchi                                                                                              8:30

• Shamy      (Total)                                8:05                                 36:10
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               7:05                                 25:00

• Lenny        (Total)                                3:20                                 27:10
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:25                                   7:50

• Howardette   (Total)                           0:10                                  14:50

• Rachi              (Total)                                                                         6:40

• Guys                                                      1:40                                      4:15
  • Girls                                                       0:30                                      0:30
  • Gang                                                      0:30                                    10:25

Tensor  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11.11 The Celebration Reverberation     

• Show                                              19:55*                             223:15*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory" one minute this episode,  two minutes total
  • Commercials                                 11:05                               117:55
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  0:00                                 31:40

• Leonard                                              7:45                                91:20
  • Sheldon                                              9:10                              117:25
  • Penny                                                  4:45                                71:45
  • Raj                                                        6:55                                78:50                             
  • Howard                                               8:05                                 84:25
  • Bernadette                                         0:15                                 41:10
  • Amy                                                     5:20                                 72:00
  • Stuart                                                  2:50                                 12:55
  • Ruchi                                                                                              8:30

• Shamy      (Total)                                4:50                                 41:00
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               4:50                                 29:50

• Lenny        (Total)                                4:25                                 31:35
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               4:15                                 12:05

• Howardette   (Total)                           0:10                                  14:50

• Guys                                                      1:50                                      4:15
  • Girls                                                       0:00                                      0:30
  • Gang                                                      0:20                                    10:25

Tensor  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally Lenny got almost equal time to Shamy, total and alone!

11.12 The Matrimonial Metric    

I'll get the spreadsheet out a bit later tonight or tomorrow.   There were some non-typical pairings this week, including one scene with Amy, Howard and Penny.  

• Show                                               20:30                             243:45*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   two minutes total
  • Commercials                                 10:30                               128:25
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  0:00                                 31:40

• Leonard                                               9:00                              100:20
  • Sheldon                                             16:00                              133:25
  • Penny                                                  7:55                                 79:40
  • Raj                                                        7:30                                 86:20                             
  • Howard                                               8:25                                 92:50
  • Bernadette                                         1:10                                 42:20
  • Amy                                                   12:40                                 84:40
  • Stuart                                                  4:00                                 16:55

• Shamy      (Total)                                6:25                                 47:25
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               5:50                                 35:40

• Lenny        (Total)                                2:05                                 33:40
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               1:25                                 13:30

• Howardette   (Total)                           0:25                                  15:15

• Guys                                                      1:10                                      5:25
  • Girls                                                       0:00                                      0:30
  • Gang                                                      5:05                                    15:30

Tensor  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11.13 The Solo Oscillation    

Between everything going on in my real life and the trip, I never got the spreadsheet out.   It will just have to wait until after the 16th episode.  

• Show                                              21:20                               265:05*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   two minutes total
  • Commercials                                   9:40                               138:05
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  4:10                                 35:50

• Leonard                                              7:25                              107:45
  • Sheldon                                            10:30                              143:55
  • Penny                                                  8:35                                 88:15
  • Raj                                                        7:35                                 93:55                             
  • Howard                                               5:05                                 97:55
  • Bernadette                                         1:10                                 43:30
  • Amy                                                      6:50                                 91:30
  • Stuart                                                                                            16:55
  • Ruchi                                                                                               8:30

• Shamy      (Total)                                0:55                                 48:20
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               0:55                                 36:35

• Lenny        (Total)                                2:10                                 35:50
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:00                                 13:30

• Howardette   (Total)                           1:10                                  16:25
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          1:00                                    8:45

• Guys                                                      0:00                                      5:25
  • Gang                                                      2:00                                    17:30

Tensor  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, so far we have had only 30 seconds of the girls together this season? No wonder it feels like something big is missing this season and it feels so very different.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

11.14 The Separation Triangulation   

• Show                                              19:35                              284:40*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   two minutes total
  • Commercials                                 10:25                               148:30
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  6:50                                  42:40

• Leonard                                              8:20                              116:05
  • Sheldon                                              5:35                               149:30
  • Penny                                                  3:30                                 91:45
  • Raj                                                      11:35                              105:30                             
  • Howard                                               6:35                               104:30
  • Bernadette                                         1:50                                 45:20
  • Amy                                                      2:00                                 93:30
  • Stuart                                                                                            16:55
  • Ruchi                                                                                               8:30

• Shamy      (Total)                                1:00                                 49:20
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               1:00                                 37:35

• Lenny        (Total)                                3:30                                 39:20
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               1:55                                 15:25

• Howardette   (Total)                           1:50                                  18:15
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          0:00                                    8:45

• Guys                                                      1:20                                      6:45
  • Gang                                                      0:00                                    17:30

Tensor  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11.15 The Novelization Correlation   

• Show                                              21:10                              305:50*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   0:40 this week, 2:40 total
  • Commercials                                   9:50                              158:20
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  4:00                                 46:40

• Leonard                                              8:50                              124:55
  • Sheldon                                              9:40                               159:10
  • Penny                                                  6:35                                 98:20
  • Raj                                                        5:25                              110:55                             
  • Howard                                               6:40                               111:10
  • Bernadette                                         1:40                                 47:00
  • Amy                                                      6:50                               100:20
  • Stuart                                                   2:10                                 19:05

• Shamy      (Total)                                5:45                                 55:05
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               5:45                                 43:20

• Lenny        (Total)                                3:00                                 42:20
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               3:00                                 18:25

• Howardette   (Total)                           0:00                                  18:15
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          0:00                                    8:45

• Guys                                                      0:55                                      7:40
  • Gang                                                      0:00                                    17:30

Tensor  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11.16 The Neonatal Nomenclature   

You may notice that the numbers from last week to this week may not match with the times from this week.   This is one of those weeks where I make corrections, based on the numbers in the actual spread sheet.  I manually add them week to week, and errors can be made.  I'll put up a link to the updated spreadsheet page tomorrow or Wednesday.  

• Show                                              19:00                              324:40*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   2:40 total
  • Commercials                                 12:00                              170:20
  • Minor Characters (MC)                  0:00                                 46:40

• Leonard                                              8:40                              133:40
  • Sheldon                                            10:40                              169:50
  • Penny                                                  7:50                              106:10
  • Raj                                                        8:45                              119:00                             
  • Howard                                             11:35                              122:45
  • Bernadette                                       12:25                                 59:35
  • Amy                                                      8:45                               108:55
  • Stuart                                                   0:00                                 19:05

• Shamy      (Total)                                0:30                                 55:35
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               0:15                                 43:35

• Lenny        (Total)                                0:00                                 42:20
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:00                                 18:20

• Howardette   (Total)                           4:50                                  23:05
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          4:20                                  13:05

• Guys                                                      1:00                                    13:55
  • Gang                                                      4:00                                    25:45

Tensor  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Tensor said:

• Guys                                                      1:00                                    13:55

That 30 seconds 'girls time' has me shaking my head so much right now. No wonder this season feels like its missing something, hopefully baby now born this gets rectified.

• Like 3

11.17 The Athenaeum Allocation   

I still haven't gotten to putting up the spreadsheet, but then, I've been too busy IRL to do the ratings anyway.  

• Show                                              20:40                              345:20*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   2:40 total
  • Commercials                                10:20                              180:40
  • Minor Characters (MC)                 2:00                                 48:40

• Leonard                                              6:55                              140:35
  • Sheldon                                              9:55                              179:45
  • Penny                                                  3:10                              109:20
  • Raj                                                        3:30                              122:30                             
  • Howard                                               7:10                              129:55
  • Bernadette                                         6:40                                 66:15
  • Amy                                                      7:55                              116:50
  • Stuart                                                   0:00                                 19:05

• Shamy      (Total)                                7:15                                 62:50
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               3:35                                 47:10

• Lenny        (Total)                                0:55                                 43:15
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:00                                 18:20

• Howardette   (Total)                           5:10                                  28:15
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          4:30                                  17:35

• Gang                                                      4:00                                    25:45

Tensor  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11.18 The Gates Excitation   

• Show                                              20:25                              365:45*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   2:40 total
  • Commercials                                10:35                              191:15
  • Minor Characters (MC)                 1:50                                 50:30

• Leonard                                            10:00                              150:35
  • Sheldon                                               6:15                              186:00
  • Penny                                                  6:15                              115:35
  • Raj                                                        5:20                              127:50                             
  • Howard                                               6:25                              136:20
  • Bernadette                                         7:00                                 73:15
  • Amy                                                     5:45                               122:35
  • Stuart                                                  1:20                                 20:25

• Shamy      (Total)                                0:00                                 62:50
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               0:00                                 47:10

• Lenny        (Total)                                4:20                                 47:35
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               3:00                                 21:20

• Howardette   (Total)                           1:05                                  29:20
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          1:05                                  18:40

• Guys                                                      1:15                                    15:10
  • Girls                                                       0:10                                      0:40
  • Gang                                                      1:25                                    27:10

Other pairings were Amy/Bernadette at 3:45,  Penny/Sheldon at 1:30, Leonard/Sheldon 1:45 and Bernadette/Stuart at 10

Tensor  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

11.18 The Gates Excitation   

• Show                                              20:25                              365:45*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   2:40 total
  • Commercials                                10:35                              191:15
  • Minor Characters (MC)                 1:50                                 50:30

• Leonard                                            10:00                              150:35
  • Sheldon                                               6:15                              186:00
  • Penny                                                  6:15                              115:35
  • Raj                                                        5:20                              127:50                             
  • Howard                                               6:25                              136:20
  • Bernadette                                         7:00                                 73:15
  • Amy                                                     5:45                               122:35
  • Stuart                                                  1:20                                 20:25

• Shamy      (Total)                                0:00                                 62:50
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               0:00                                 47:10

• Lenny        (Total)                                4:20                                 47:35
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               3:00                                 21:20

• Howardette   (Total)                           1:05                                  29:20
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          1:05                                  18:40

• Guys                                                      1:15                                    15:10
  • Girls                                                       0:10                                      0:40
  • Gang                                                      1:25                                    27:10

Other pairings were Amy/Bernadette at 3:45,  Penny/Sheldon at 1:30, Leonard/Sheldon 1:45 and Bernadette/Stuart at 10

Tensor  

That was a refershing change! Shows, IMO, that you can have a great episode without Sheldon hogging the screen time.

• Like 2

WOW, Penny's screentime total is so low. I literally thought she would be in the top 3 in S11. First time looking at screen time thread. 

Edited by wonder63

10 minutes ago, wonder63 said:

First time looking at screen time thread. 

Have some fun with the previous seasons.   

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I can see why Raj's total screen time is more than Penny or Amy. He has changed a few new love interests, a new job, and has new storylines this season. 

But to no avail...

• Like 1

I'm baaaaaacccccckkkkkk.    Let me explain I had all the shows on my DVR, but I got rid of cable and went to streaming, and as a result, I lost my DVR.   So, I had to wait until the repeats for 11.19 through 11.24 were on, or wait for the season to come out.  I got a bit of both, and I've finished the whole season now.  I'll be putting the episodes up one a day for the next few days (except for Tuesday) and by the end of the week, I'll have season 11 finished, this includes finishing the season 11 spread sheet.  This will lead me into season 12, and while I won't have season 12 up next week, I will have the first two episodes up before episode 3.    11.19 will be up in about 15 minutes.  

• Like 2

11.19 The Tennant Disassociation.  

• Show                                              22:50                              388:35*                 *"Previously on The Big Bang Theory"   2:40 total
  • Commercials                                  8:10                               199:25
  • Minor Characters (MC)                 1:10                                 51:40

• Leonard                                            11:15                              161:50
  • Sheldon                                            10:15                              196:20
  • Penny                                                10:45                              126:35
  • Raj                                                        8:25                              136:15                             
  • Howard                                               7:15                              143:35
  • Bernadette                                         3:35                                 76:50 
  • Amy                                                     9:25                               132:00
  • Stuart                                                  0:55                                 21:20

• Shamy      (Total)                                7:00                                 69:50
  • Shamy      (Alone)                               2:15                                 49:25

• Lenny        (Total)                                9:15                                 56:50
  • Lenny        (Alone)                               0:45                                 22:05

• Howardette   (Total)                           2:00                                  31:20
  • Howardette   (Alone)                          0:00                                  18:40

• Guys                                                      1:15                                    16:25
  • Girls                                                       0:10                                      0:50
  • Gang                                                      1:50                                    29:00

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1