Writing Problems

5 hours ago, sophialee92 said:

I love to write fanfiction stories but recently I totally lost my inspiration. Any suggestions?

It depends on exactly why you lost your inspiration.  For instance, I lost inspiration around season eight, because of how the show was treating Lenny. I got it back, earlier this year, when I realized I could give Lenny the stories the show seems to not want to give them. 

• Like 2

Hello @sophialee92! First of all welcome to the forum! :bye:

I´m sorry that you are having writing problems.

Are you currently having a lot of stress? Or any personal problems that turn around in your head?

Maybe it helps if you go on holiday and just turn off any thoughts about writing and just try to relax.

Or if you listen to music, it can be stimulating. (This helps me at least sometimes)

But the most important thing is not to pressure yourself, the inspiration will come back when you least expect it.

• Like 1

I too, am struggling to write, partly, I suspect, due to some real life interruptions.

Even my usual trick, of starting a new and different story, hasn't helped. :( 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

More or less finished the third and final chapter of the story I have been writing.

It was by far the hardest to write as I had kind of knew exactly where I was going with it in the first two chapters but not sure what direction to go in the final one.

Learnt a hell of a lot attempting this and my admiration for fan fiction writers has gone up a lot.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

It is hard to go back to writing... Especially after a while. As unfinished things are a problem for me, from time to time I try to make a list of unfinished things and try to eliminate a few of them... Recently, what I did was to choose one of my stories and I reread it all, so I could remember what I wanted to do with it, then I finished it. But iff I don't think the idea is good enough I prefer not to write than to produce something I will not enjoy. But that's me. 

I always try to tell stories about something we won't see in the show... It opens a door to imagining how things happened, or what if something didn't happen, well, there are so many possibilities for stories.