Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I wonder when do you Shamys think they will have the wedding... I don't think it would be season 11 mid-finale (end of its first half, episode 12 before the holidays as was with Halley's birth) since I got the impression that they are not on an advanced stage of preparations on the first five episodes. Season 11 finale? season 12 mid-finale? I hope they won't drag it to the series finale... that way too much dragging for me.

Well this is Shamy we are talking about here so they could drag it out lol. I think it will be this season, can't see them dragging it out until next season and they have already had some discussion about wedding planning (possible location, Amy in the conversation with Leonard talking about her being busy with wedding planning) early this season so far.

I think my bet (can't remember) was the 250th episode so whatever one that falls on.

• Like 3

Personally I think it would be season 11 finale, I think they would keep somethinh like this for a finale/mid-finale, I don't think the 250th will be all that, it's not like 100/200. When is Sheldon's birthday though? Something in the winter? Could it coincide with the 250th? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

Personally I think it would be season 11 finale, I think they would keep somethinh like this for a finale/mid-finale, I don't think the 250th will be all that, it's not like 100/200. When is Sheldon's birthday though? Something in the winter? Could it coincide with the 250th? 

Sheldon's birthday is on February 25th. The 250th episode is 11.19 (if I remember correctly),  which should air in late March/early April. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

Sheldon's birthday is February 26th and already was the topic of the 200th which aired in February (9x17) so I don't think they'll do that. The 250th would air last week of March or first week of April.

The 150th btw was Locomotive with the SIK which was a pretty big deal, albeit not explicitly celebratory as the 200th was. (The 100th was similarly low-key. There weren't like fireworks and party hats when Lenny decided to give it another try, at least not on screen.)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, April said:

Sheldon's birthday is February 26th and already was the topic of the 200th which aired in February (9x17) so I don't think they'll do that. The 250th would air last week of March or first week of April.

The 150th btw was Locomotive with the SIK which was a pretty big deal, albeit not explicitly celebratory as the 200th was. (The 100th was similarly low-key. There weren't like fireworks and party hats when Lenny decided to give it another try, at least not on screen.)

I never understood exactly the date, but I assumed Sheldon's birthday was on the date 9.17 aired, which is February 25th. Is it said somewhere else he is born on February 26th?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, April said:

Oh I didn't know that! Well that makes me think the odds of the wedding happening on the 250th are higher altough my bet is still season 11 finale. And I didn't think the 250th could be another birthday party, just that if iy coincides with his birthday the odds are higher for the wedding to happen then. I wouldn't say the 100th was low key tough...it wasn't a celebration but it was different than other episodes and you could hear the excitement in the audience reactions. Anyway, I hope it is this season. Maybe the next one they could be looking for a new place to live? I see comedic potential there... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I never understood exactly the date, but I assumed Sheldon's birthday was on the date 9.17 aired, which is February 25th. Is it said somewhere else he is born on February 26th?

His birthday was revealed in 8x16 which aired February, 26th, hence the date.

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Oh I didn't know that! Well that makes me think the odds of the wedding happening on the 250th are higher altough my bet is still season 11 finale. And I didn't think the 250th could be another birthday party, just that if iy coincides with his birthday the odds are higher for the wedding to happen then.

I think it coinciding with a birthday would make it less likely. Like, who would like to get married on their birthday?? I sure wouldn't. And they already exploited Amy's birthday for a "coincides with other story event" plot last year. Personally I'd rather not have something like that again.

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I wouldn't say the 100th was low key tough...it wasn't a celebration but it was different than other episodes and you could hear the excitement in the audience reactions.

I meant celebratory in the story as the 200th was. The 100th episode was a day dream while the 200th was a party celebrating Sheldon and the show by association.

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Anyway, I hope it is this season. Maybe the next one they could be looking for a new place to live? I see comedic potential there... 

Yes, I'd love that, too!! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, April said:

I think it coinciding with a birthday would make it less likely. Like, who would like to get married on their birthday?? I sure wouldn't. And they already exploited Amy's birthday for a "coincides with other story event" plot last year. Personally I'd rather not have something like that again.

I meant celebratory in the story as the 200th was. The 100th episode was a day dream while the 200th was a party celebrating Sheldon and the show by association.

Yes, I'd love that, too!! :D

Yeah imagine every major event happens on their birthday, kinda weird if you ask me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Yeah imagine every major event happens on their birthday, kinda weird if you ask me.

Haha, indeed! I mean, I can live with it happening one time (even though that was already a hack job with the whole pregnancy time line being a mess as a result) but again? So soon? And even something that the characters would supposedly choose themselves? Nah.

• Like 4

It kind of reminds me in a way of people who have a birthday say on Christmas day or something. I think most people would like/prefer memorable annual dates spread out throughout the year lol. More different dates on the calendar to enjoy and look forward to.

Birthday one day, upcoming wedding anniversary on another day for example.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It kind of reminds me in a way of people who have a birthday say on Christmas day or something. I think most people would like/prefer memorable annual dates spread out throughout the year lol. More different dates on the calendar to enjoy and look forward to.

Birthday one day, upcoming wedding anniversary on another day for example.

Agree , our daughters birthday is 28th Dec, so I have all the Christmas decorations down ( apart from the tree ) and birthday cards and balloons up by then just to make it a bit different - but you've no idea how many people give her a joint card or pressie, like Happy Christmas & Birthday !! ! ( she was due on the 14th, but in typical kirsty fashion was very late lol ! ) 

I'm thinking 250th ep or season finale for the wedding is most likely !! I hope we get some more mention of wedding planning or see some soon :) 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Agree , our daughters birthday is 28th Dec, so I have all the Christmas decorations down ( apart from the tree ) and birthday cards and balloons up by then just to make it a bit different - but you've no idea how many people give her a joint card or pressie, like Happy Christmas & Birthday !! ! ( she was due on the 14th, but in typical kirsty fashion was very late lol ! ) 

I'm thinking 250th ep or season finale for the wedding is most likely !! I hope we get some more mention of wedding planning or see some soon :) 

I am more into 250 th ep now, as I believe they will keep the season finale for be about other couple or other character for not be again about shamy...

Regards the dates imo every event with its own date. Unless it is  a baby birth that sometimes happens to be on one of  their parents birthday, hehe. Tbh I think it would be nice if they did not link more birthdays to shamy milestones. Two are enough ;)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

Oh, gosh...what I was thinking? I completely forgot that episode :banghead:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I am more into 250 th ep now, as I believe they will keep the season finale for be about other couple or other character for not be again about shamy...

Regards the dates imo every event with its own date. Unless it is  a baby birth that sometimes happens to be on one of  their parents birthday, hehe. Tbh I think it would be nice if they did not link more birthdays to shamy milestones. Two are enough ;)

My bet for the finale is the Shamy wedding + a side story for another couple/Raj, I hope Lenny... Maybe a possible Lenny pregnancy or deciding to try. Or Raj starting/advancing in a relationship or we find out he may leave so it makes for a cliffhanger. Or Leonard gets a good job offer somewhere else... Anyway I think the wedding + unrelated B plot may work, kind of like Monica and Chandler's wedding with the Rachel pregnancy. Maybe we will know better either when 11×03 airs or when we get around midseason. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

My bet for the finale is the Shamy wedding + a side story for another couple/Raj, I hope Lenny... Maybe a possible Lenny pregnancy or deciding to try. Or Raj starting/advancing in a relationship or we find out he may leave so it makes for a cliffhanger. Or Leonard gets a good job offer somewhere else... Anyway I think the wedding + unrelated B plot may work, kind of like Monica and Chandler's wedding with the Rachel pregnancy. Maybe we will know better either when 11×03 airs or when we get around midseason. 

Yes, I'm pretty curious about 11.3, unfortunately we didn't get much info, but it might help us to understand if really Shamy set a date, and hopefully when it is. Not holding my breath for it, and it's fun to speculate in the meantime!

• Like 2

On 20/09/2017 at 5:20 PM, Jonny said:

I know what you are saying but the guy is in his mid to late 30's, living with his soon to be wife and they are trying to presumably control or modify some of his behaviour with a baby book?! OMFG Seriously.

If Sheldon is acting like a bit of an ass because Amy is busy and he is missing her then I can understand that he might be annoying his friends. But a baby book? Absolutely ridiculous IMO.

It's going to be one of those rare times when they do a storyline I can't frucking stand but casuals lap it up.

Perhaps it isn't a baby book :) She did once complain about being 'the mom of three teenagers' and if she's finding Howard isn't really pulling his weight - funny how this man who promised to be a hands-on stay-at-home dad has both times found himself in a time-consuming, demanding work project - she might find a book about managing adolescents helpful when it comes to her husband. Lenny could be going to make us laugh with how they parent Sheldon the twelve-year-old. 

On 9/20/2017 at 12:20 PM, Jonny said:

I know what you are saying but the guy is in his mid to late 30's, living with his soon to be wife and they are trying to presumably control or modify some of his behaviour with a baby book?! OMFG Seriously.

If Sheldon is acting like a bit of an ass because Amy is busy and he is missing her then I can understand that he might be annoying his friends. But a baby book? Absolutely ridiculous IMO.

It's going to be one of those rare times when they do a storyline I can't frucking stand but casuals lap it up.

I think it's a set-up for future gags relating to Leonard and Penny .... "That worked with Sheldon,"  "At least we didn't have to change Sheldon," etc. and so forth.  

14 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I think it's a set-up for future gags relating to Leonard and Penny .... "That worked with Sheldon,"  "At least we didn't have to change Sheldon," etc. and so forth.  

I really hope it's just that. I can deal better with Lenny making stupid jokes instead of actually have Sheldon behave like a baby. We'll have to wait and see how it'll play out I guess...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Ugh I hope not!

I'm not a fan of any gags like that.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Ugh I hope not!

Me neither.  

Not my cuppa.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Ugh I hope not!

Me neither.Ugh!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mirs1 said:

@April, that was the state of the art  3 weeks ago. So far, mid-season finale and the 250th episode are in the lead. If some others care to join, we have two polls going on: Wedding Date and Wedding Theme...I'll update the results if we get more votes!

My vote goes to the 250th ep for the wedding and a mixed theme!

• Like 2

I am looking forward to the Howard/Amy stuff, that should be hysterical. I like them mixing it up.

The Sheldon baby book thing, I am going to see how it plays out but hope he calls them out on it.

With Bob Newhart confirmed at some point this season, the wedding may be sooner than we think.  

• Like 3

"And in that moment, I realized that Amy was the only woman I ever wanted to kiss for the rest of my life.  So, I came to New Jersey to ask her to marry me."

Well, we now know what he was thinking in that moment.  

IMG_1520.PNG

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 3
  • It's a Tiara 1