In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

Shamy was adorable in this episode, their banter was funny. It was great the Sheldon quote about how great would be Shamy children, it reminded nicely the first episode we learned Shamy were communicating  with each other after the Coffee shop date. Sheldon keep thinking as usual about everything in a way very planned, fifteen children it is not an easy plan at all, lol!

And last but not least... four times in a row, Dr Cooper and Dr Fowler?! You realy use wonderfully your time! Love it! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Shamy was adorable in this episode, their banter was funny. It was great the Sheldon quote about how great would be Shamy children, it reminded nicely the first episode we learned Shamy were communicating  with each other after the Coffee shop date. Sheldon keep thinking as usual about everything in a way very planned, fifteen children it is not an easy plan at all, lol!

And last but not least... four times in a row, Dr Cooper and Dr Fowler?! You realy use wonderfully your time! Love it! :icon_cheesygrin:

Yes, I agree, that part was very cute. SheIdon and Amy wiII have wonderful kids and they know that, ahahah! I Iiked much better on screen the "renting a uterus" thing; it Iooked Iike Amy was pretty into the idea of surrogate motherhood too...poor Penny! My favourite Shamy part was them watching Ia Ia Iand 4 times together, and SheIdon trying to hide that with his friends, that screamed "MARRIED" so much!

Oh, and in the DT it was posted a HoIIand's interview which says they are casting aIso members of Amy's family for the wedding, I can't wait for the announcement; I hope they have some cooI names popping up for the PaIey Fest paneI!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Sah said:

I agree that the two meemaws are completely different from one an other...nothing alike. I am on team Annie Potts. She is hilarious, I much prefer her to the other one...

Annie Potts is a treasure and along with the young actress who plays Missy are the main reasons I watch YS. They were both hilarious last night!

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 3

I thought Shamy were pretty cute in this one. Amy seemed happy that Sheldon was talking about her in the cafeteria and thinking of her (she seemed a bit flirty with him?), though I am glad Leonard didn't expand on what they were talking about. Not sure that would have gone down well especially after last season lol.

Enjoyed seeing Amy in her lab with Howard again.

Amy likes examples of Sheldon showing he is thinking about their future, so her reaction was sweet when they were talking about kids.

No complaints at all about Shamy in this one.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I thought Shamy were pretty cute in this one. Amy seemed happy that Sheldon was talking about her in the cafeteria and thinking of her (she seemed a bit flirty with him?), though I am glad Leonard didn't expand on what they were talking about. Not sure that would have gone down well especially after last season lol.

Enjoyed seeing Amy in her lab with Howard again.

Amy likes examples of Sheldon showing he is thinking about their future, so her reaction was sweet when they were talking about kids.

No complaints at all about Shamy in this one.

I thought it was funny when Leonard told her she didn't want to know what he was saying. It appears Sheldon hasn't learned his lesson about talking to people about their private lives.

• Like 1

I was concerned about this episode after reading the taping report weeks ago. Turned out, there was nothing to be concerned about. They even explicitly said they want to rent Penny's uterus and Amy is so on board. It is not offending for her and maybe even thinking about their first plan of making babies. I hope I learned my lesson. 

Kudos to writers for giving us the canon that Sheldon really wants to have children and even naming them. I often thought that was a gray area in his character. And if the name is going to be as outrageous as he suggested, I hope Amy will balance it out and bring some normalcy. 

Edited by TBBTFanatic_Grace
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, 2L344 said:

You cant judge by YS the “prequel” because frankly they portray Meemaw way differently. The dad certainly isnt what Sheldon described in TBBT either—in fact I happen to like the dad character a lot in YS as opposed to the womanizing drunkard described in TBBT.

I do have to when they are talking about having more of the YS characters show up on TBBT for the wedding. When they talk about them they leave themselves open for that.  But I agree the characters are not the same. It's one of the reasons I do not like YS and don't plan for watching it like I do TBBT.

5 hours ago, spidergirl said:

And last but not least... four times in a row, Dr Cooper and Dr Fowler?! You realy use wonderfully your time! Love it

What do you mean? He said they had had coitus a total of four times. I am assuming that is the birthdays and once at Princeton.

19 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I do have to when they are talking about having more of the YS characters show up on TBBT for the wedding. When they talk about them they leave themselves open for that.  But I agree the characters are not the same. It's one of the reasons I do not like YS and don't plan for watching it like I do TBBT.

What do you mean? He said they had had coitus a total of four times. I am assuming that is the birthdays and once at Princeton.

I think the 4 times in a row was that la la land film or soundtrack whatever it is called

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, I understood it well, thank you. I was doing a joke as it was only four but really unforgetable. But yeah when some do jokes or use sarcasm, it is funny. When a non English native does a joke, it might be because they miserstood the message. You know what? Forget it. Surely the others posters shared  things more interisting to discuss than my thoughts on the show.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

I was concerned about this episode after reading the taping report weeks ago. Turned out, there was nothing to be concerned about. They even explicitly said they want to rent Penny's uterus and Amy is so on board. It is not offending for her and maybe even thinking about their first plan of making babies. I hope I learned my lesson. 

Kudos to writers for giving us the canon that Sheldon really wants to have children and even naming them. I often thought that was a gray area in his character. And if the name is going to be as outrageous as he suggested, I hope Amy will balance it out and bring some normalcy. 

Exactly my feelings. Not disgusting, at all, but two weirdoes like they always are. LMAO.

Edited by KripkeRules
typo
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Yes, I understood it well, thank you. I was doing a joke as it was only four but really unforgetable. But yeah when some do jokes or use sarcasm, it is funny. When a non English native does a joke, it might be because they miserstood the message. You know what? Forget it. Surely the others posters shared  things more interisting to discuss than my thoughts on the show.

My apologies that I didn't get what you meant at first. You're a great asset to the board and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

My apologies that I didn't get what you meant at first. You're a great asset to the board and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Apologies accepted. I am only getting tired of  I have to explain often my intentions here. It happens that I dont understand at first many comments/posts here or in other threads but I try to understand from the context of the talk before to imply the posters are saying or understanding something wrong. Well, have a good last night episode discussion, guys.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

I hope the "good" names in the secret Iist for his own kids are better and Iess odd than the ones he suggested!

Anyway, sorry if that might offend someone, EIIiott is not such a great name, IMO, IoI!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I hope the "good" names in the secret Iist for his own kids are better and Iess odd than the ones he suggested!

Anyway, sorry if that might offend someone, EIIiott is not such a great name, IMO, IoI!

Not fan of the name either. But it is so much better than the names sheldon suggested. Can't remember if Amy has any reaction while he was suggesting those names but if she is somehow has the same reaction as us, she must now start listing names and think of ways on how they will compromise. 

• Like 2

C'mon, Ozymandias Cooper has a nice ring to it! LOL

Kidding aside, I thought Shamy were fun and sweet in this episode. Not sure why anyone would be surprised that Sheldon is serious about kids (someday?? you better get a bit more busy with the coitus then, buddy! lol) cause he's always been on board with Shamy babies from basically Day One. And them being on the same page about renting a uterus was fun, too. haha

I think my favourite bit might have actually been that Shamy watch cheesy films together and Sheldon even enjoys them. hahaha (So much for "they never do what Amy likes"! Can we kick that idea into the rubbish bin where it belongs? kthx)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, April said:

C'mon, Ozymandias Cooper has a nice ring to it! LOL

Kidding aside, I thought Shamy were fun and sweet in this episode. Not sure why anyone would be surprised that Sheldon is serious about kids (someday?? you better get a bit more busy with the coitus then, buddy! lol) cause he's always been on board with Shamy babies from basically Day One. And them being on the same page about renting a uterus was fun, too. haha

I think my favourite bit might have actually been that Shamy watch cheesy films together and Sheldon even enjoys them. hahaha (So much for "they never do what Amy likes"! Can we kick that idea into the rubbish bin where it belongs? kthx)

Yeah it's nothing new and I think the writers sometimes have the characters kind of forget the conversations they have had previously because it's what they need for the story and the particular reaction of the character which makes sense. My point earlier was that Amy likes commitment stuff and any signs of it, I think she likes it when Sheldon is thinking about their future which he has done if he has names for their kids etc.

But it's a very old school reference a lot of the talk in this one, continuing the retro vibe of the season.

Yeah that was nice, remember in Veracity he said he shares his Netflix password with her and it recommended 'How Stella got her groove back'? lol I think it's kind of funny and sweet they watch romcom's and musicals together and enjoy it and he doesn't want the guys knowing lol.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

My son's name is Elliott. :( 

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yeah it's nothing new and I think the writers sometimes have the characters kind of forget the conversations they have had previously because it's what they need for the story and the particular reaction of the character which makes sense.

To be fair, in real live people have a ton of conversations over the years and they can be repetitive and even contradictory all the same. Sometimes you forget what you've talked about, sometimes someone changes their opinions, sometimes you just don't have the whole picture so you're unsure about certain things. It happens.

For Shamy kids, from Amy's point of view Sheldon might not necessarily look like he'd think a ton about their potential offspring. After all he eventually ended their thought experiment from S4 after Penny talked him out of it, then you had these long stretches before the breakup where Amy was unsure about a whole lot of things regarding Sheldon and more recently with Halley they made a point that he wouldn't even touch her. So of course that doesn't exactly scream "let's make a baby!" .... well, until he literally tries exactly that one day but, you know, that could have been handwaved as an outlier. lol

TBBTeyebrownod.gif.18adba82f9d3b627ddbee7f84973e297.gif

Anyway, we as the audience have the bigger picture and better memory so we know he's all in. No surprise for us here! <3

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yeah that was nice, remember in Veracity he said he shares his Netflix password with her and it recommended 'How Stella got her groove back'? lol I think it's kind of funny and sweet they watch romcom's and musicals together and enjoy it and he doesn't want the guys knowing lol.

Yeah, it's so cute! hahaha

• Like 4

6 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I love reading what you have to say, your opinions are very thought out, well stated and in my opinion usually spot on. I hope you never stop posting your views. That would be a huge loss to the forum and the Shamy page in particular. I would love to hear your thoughts on last episode as well as casting for Amy's family as it appears that they will be attending the wedding :)

• Thanks 1

Plot for one coming in April/Spring:

Any scoop on what will transpire on The Big Bang Theory this spring? —Mario
Although it seems as if Leonard, Penny, Sheldon and Amy are the only residents of their multi-story, elevator-challenged apartment building, the fact is they do have other neighbors. And we’ll meet a few of them in an upcoming episode. “Sheldon and Leonard are vying for the head of the Tenants’ Association,” showrunner Steve Holland teases of the plot. “And Leonard has to go knock on some apartment doors to do some politicking.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the light of the recent events and the kids conversation I would kind of like to hear something like this from our Shamy in the near future. It would be the return of flirty Sheldon, it would be very sweet and it would be nice if Amy finally gave in to it. Even if it only happens in our imagination. Happy weekend to you all! :)

S: “Amy, I know when we first moved in together that you took coitus off the table..., but you said that we could revisit when we are more comfortable with each other. Do you think we are?”

A: “Yes” (smiling)

This could even happen before the wedding:

S: “You know, technically we are already married if we had gone through with the City Hall wedding. So if we wanted to make love, technically it wouldn’t be an act of sin anymore” (flirty Sheldon)

S: “Would you like to make love, Missus Cooper?” (teasing Sheldon)

A: “Yes, Sheldon”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2