[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

3 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

My son's name is Elliott. :( 

I love Elliot because that name reminds me of the great  "ET" movie, my first non animated movie I saw in cinema. His friend was Elliot :)

1 hour ago, Sah said:

I love reading what you have to say, your opinions are very thought out, well stated and in my opinion usually spot on. I hope you never stop posting your views. That would be a huge loss to the forum and the Shamy page in particular. I would love to hear your thoughts on last episode as well as casting for Amy's family as it appears that they will be attending the wedding :)

Thanks for be so kind to me.  My intention was not and is not to stop posting but you may recognize sometimes is hard to me  feeling people might feel I say non sense stuff or be implied I dont get the show messages well. It is not a big deal but this  tends to happen to me here more than I could expect. My apologies for my brutal honesty on this but feeling this kind of correction vibe  ruin my fun, can not help myself. As I said I dont agree with a lot I read in several threads and some jokes are funny to me, others are not funny at all. Usually I scroll down these and move on as people had their reasons for the posts they  shared, the truth is we can not please everyone. But might be seen as the user that " did not get it"well often , only the non natives know what kind of feeling I am talking about and it is not a happy one.

Overall I am an optimistic and enthusiastic fan. I love to joke and sharing/ talking about funny stuff. I hoped it was clearer after being around for almost two years...

Back in topic, my thoughts about Shamy in last episode were shared by me earlier here.

Regards Amy's family, I am really excitted with the kind of news we might have about the cast possibilities for them on Paley 's fest. After 8 seasons in the show I believe our Amy deserves the show take a bit of time teling us a bit from her family background before she become Sheldon's wife. And having her father walking side by side in aisle , with her arm on her father's arm :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

I agree with Leonard.  Elliott is a fine name!!!

Thank you. I think so too! I freaked out when I heard Amy and Leonard fighting over such a great name. What's even better is that our last name is Hooper so if Shamy name their kid Elliott my son and theirs would have a very similar name!

Edited by EggCoriander
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I love Elliot because that name reminds me of the great  "ET" movie, my first non animated movie I saw in cinema. His friend was Elliot :)

Thanks for be so kind to me.  My intention was not and is not to stop posting but you may recognize sometimes is hard to me  feeling people might feel I say non sense stuff or be implied I dont get the show messages well. It is not a big deal but this  tends to happen to me here more than I could expect. My apologies for my brutal honesty on this but feeling this kind of correction vibe  ruin my fun, can not help myself. As I said I dont agree with a lot I read in several threads and some jokes are funny to me, others are not funny at all. Usually I scroll down these and move on as people had their reasons for the posts they  shared, the truth is we can not please everyone. But might be seen as the user that " did not get it"well often , only the non natives know what kind of feeling I am talking about and it is not a happy one.

It's the internet - misunderstandings happen. Don't let it drag you down! *hugs*

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Regards Amy's family, I am really excitted with the kind of news we might have about the cast possibilities for them on Paley 's fest. After 8 seasons in the show I believe our Amy deserves the show take a bit of time teling us a bit from her family background before she became Shelfon's wife. And having her father walking side by side in aisle , with her arm on her father's arm :)

Yeah, I'm looking forward what news Paley might bring for us this year with all the "wedding will happen in S11" talk in interviews recently. Apparently they're searching to cast family members on both sides so fingers crossed we'll finally get to properly meet Amy's parents!

elementaryfingerscrossed.gif.69cb24918438114fc8a5e2278e724396.gif

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

Anyway, don't Shamy have to name all of their kids Rajesh? :icon_razz:

Raj didn't protest during the discussion so I'm gonna say that agreement is moot and/or forgotten. loll

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, I agree, that part was very cute. SheIdon and Amy wiII have wonderful kids and they know that, ahahah! I Iiked much better on screen the "renting a uterus" thing; it Iooked Iike Amy was pretty into the idea of surrogate motherhood too...poor Penny! My favourite Shamy part was them watching Ia Ia Iand 4 times together, and SheIdon trying to hide that with his friends, that screamed "MARRIED" so much!

Oh, and in the DT it was posted a HoIIand's interview which says they are casting aIso members of Amy's family for the wedding, I can't wait for the announcement; I hope they have some cooI names popping up for the PaIey Fest paneI!

This is the third time AFAIR that Sheldon has mentioned the Cooper children's names : once Martian names, next all  after Rajesh Ramayan Koothrappali even the girls, and now some he's reserving.

I'm expecting to see Stephen Hawking and Laura Spencer (Emily S  and Amy probably still meet as friends  at Chaucer evenings and the quilting club) in the wedding episode. I daresay Kripke and Leslie will pop up too. I can't imagine what sort of guest stars playing hitherto unseen relatives we could get if less than two months away they're not even booked. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

My first crush was a boy named Elliott. I was in the 6th grade. I think it is an adorable name. 

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

33 minutes ago, April said:

Raj didn't protest during the discussion so I'm gonna say that agreement is moot and/or forgotten. loll

Or Raj imagines Sheldon is complying with his wish since he said he was saving the best names for his own children. Amy said she knew what to say to the suggestion, but so far we've never found out what that was. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sah said:
5 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

My first crush was a boy named Elliott. I was in the 6th grade. I think it is an adorable name. 

Did you all know that Eliot (spelling? -> maybe there are various?) can also be a girl’s name? It is kind of cute to view that name choice in this context. It seems like it is a gender neutral name :)

Edited by Silver1984
  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, Silver1984 said:

Did you all know that Eliot (spelling? -> maybe there are various?) can also be a girl’s name? It is kind of cute to view that name choice in this context. It seems like it is a gender neutral name :)

I did. Other kids tell my son he has a girl name. I don't know why. My name is also a gender neutral name but people will always tell me how it's a boy's name even though I met more girls with that name. 

• Like 3

I wanted to post this in “The Neonatal Nomenclature”-thread but it is very Shamy so I think it is better placed here :icon_wink:

I agree with what some of you already posted about Sheldon in this episode. I think he means well by trying to engage everyone in an enduring game on a night that could otherwise be very long and tideous for everyone. The type of game and his enthusiasm about it is very true to his character. He will be a good father for that I am sure. And Amy will have a hard time keeping all of their children (including him) tame :sarcastic:. But most of the time she will smile about it big time because his juvenileness is what makes him so dam attractive and it will keep them both young in their hearts forever :)

Edited by Silver1984
  • Like 7
  • Koala Face 1

On 3/2/2018 at 4:46 PM, Sah said:

I think it is an adorable name. 

Everyone feels differently about names based on their personal history, as the show indicated. One of my daughters asked me about a name when she and her husband were having a 2nd child. It was  a name where every single person I knew with it had been horribly mean to me. It was nothing but bad connotations to me. I totally got the discussion the characters were having about names. I begged my daughter  not to use it but  she did it anyway. That was her absolute right, of course, but I don't know why she asked me if she didn't care about the answer. I am perfectly happy with the name Howard and Bernadette chose, though. I can see why it's special for both of them.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

I did. Other kids tell my son he has a girl name. I don't know why. My name is also a gender neutral name but people will always tell me how it's a boy's name even though I met more girls with that name. 

Kids who try to pick on others don't really care for the accuracy of their claims, they just want to upset the other so they will say a gender neutral name is of the opposite gender.

BTW, I wrote Shamy with 2 kids in my fic, Stephen Issac (you know after whom) and Elizabeth Mary (Elizabeth for Nobel laureate biologist Elizabeth Blackburn and Mary Cooper of course, so it's a compromise - one for Amy and one for Sheldon). I think 2 would be good for them.
(I just published the Amy chapter of the fic, I'm not a Shamy shipper but I tried with the Shamy parts, using my own views of the characters and their relationships and some views that I saw in posts by some of you guys, hope shippers like it.)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Leonard Cupid 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Everyone feels differently about names based on their personal history, as the show indicated. One of my daughters asked me about a name when she and her husband having a child. It was  a name where every single person I knew with it had been horribly mean to me. It was nothing but bad connotations to me. I totally got the discussion the characters were having about names. I begged my daughter  not to use it but  she did it anyway. That was her absolute right, of course, but I don't know why she asked me if she didn't care about the answer. I am perfectly happy with the name Howard and Bernadette chose, though. I can see why it's special for both of them.

I understand that 😊 as a former teacher there are certain names that make me cringe when I hear them. Names I vow to never name my own kids. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, bfm said:

Kids who try to pick on others don't really care for the accuracy of their claims, they just want to upset the other so they will say a gender neutral name is of the opposite gender.

BTW, I wrote Shamy with 2 kids in my fic, Stephen Issac (you know after whom) and Elizabeth Mary (Elizabeth for Nobel laureate biologist Elizabeth Blackburn and Mary Cooper of course, so it's a settlement - one for Amy and one for Sheldon). I think 2 would be good for them.
(I just published the Amy chapter of the fic, I'm not a Shamy shipper but I tried with the Shamy parts, using my own views of the characters and their relationships and some views that I saw in posts by some of you guys, hope shippers like it.)

I love fanfiction...what I story is This? I want to make sure I read it or have read it 😁

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sah said:

I understand that 😊 as a former teacher there are certain names that make me cringe when I hear them. Names I vow to never name my own kids. Lol. 

I love fanfiction...what I story is This? I want to make sure I read it or have read it 😁

Have you seen How i Met Your Mother? There's a scene where Lily, a preschool teacher, disqualifies various baby names due to her experience LOL

There's a link to my fic in my signature and in the fanfiction and art forum. Amy's chapter is the third one. Reading the others will sure give you more understanding but you don't have to read them to understand it as each chapter is from a different character's POV and like them telling the events to a stranger so each gives some background about the events and people involved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bfm said:

Have you seen How i Met Your Mother? There's a scene where Lily, a preschool teacher, disqualifies various baby names due to her experience LOL

There's a link to my fic in my signature and in the fanfiction and art forum. Amy's chapter is the third one. Reading the others will sure give you more understanding but you don't have to read them to understand it as each chapter is from a different character's POV and like them telling the events to a stranger so each gives some background about the events and people involved.

Loved that show! I remember that scene well :) i am going to read your fanfiction while eating breakfast. I will let you know my thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't pick up on this at first but in the episode when Shamy want to celebrate Amy's birthday and Bernadette is about to go into labour in 10.11 we got this line:

Childbirth, looming coitis. This is a banner night for female genitals!

And in this episode this week when Bernadette is about to go into labour for the second time:

Suez, birth … it’s a big night for canals.”

lol similar lines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I didn't pick up on this at first but in the episode when Shamy want to celebrate Amy's birthday and Bernadette is about to go into labour in 10.11 we got this line:

And in this episode this week when Bernadette is about to go into labour for the second time:

lol similar lines.

I just caught that :) I am re watching the episode now...so funny!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jonny said:

lol similar lines.

I remembered that when watching, didn't remember exactly the first part of the s10 line but I did remember the "Banner night for female genitals".

• Like 1

With a couple of articles out there confirming that we may see of Sheldon's family and also some of Amy's (YAY!!!) how about prediction time my fellow Shamies?

Who are we going to see?

My Guess is:

George Junior & Mary (though Laurie might be working around then, but maybe there is some way around it?)

Mr and Mrs Fowler

I guess you can't rule out Missy, but it sounded like the writers are more keen to finally introduce Sheldon's brother for the first time. Honestly I am not that keen to finally see him especially after all the stories adult Sheldon has told about him over the years but if its going to happen it's going to happen.

Only other possibility I guess is one of Amy's aunt's, but I think likely we will only get Amy's parents. Would it be weird if we only meet say her dad? It kind of would for me.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

My guess is we meet both of Amy's parents and Sheldon's siblings.  As much as I'd love to see Mary again, I doubt we will due to Laurie's schedule.  And I wouldn't be completely surprised if we see his dad in a dream sequence.  But the one person I do NOT want to see is BBT's version of Meemaw!  I absolutely hated her (the character, not the actress, although I do think she was horribly cast)!  I've become a huge fan of Young Sheldon and the two Meemaws are complete opposites!  Even the last episode of YS, Meemaw told Mary she (meaning Mary) spoils and coddles the kids too much.  BB's Meemaw seemed to be the one that did that.

And if MeeMaw does make an appearance, it better be a much older looking Annie Potts, and it's revealed that the one we saw was some weird dream that Leonard, Penny or Amy had.

• Like 3