[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

With a couple of articles out there confirming that we may see of Sheldon's family and also some of Amy's (YAY!!!) how about prediction time my fellow Shamies?

Who are we going to see?

My Guess is:

George Junior & Mary (though Laurie might be working around then, but maybe there is some way around it?)

Mr and Mrs Fowler

I guess you can't rule out Missy, but it sounded like the writers are more keen to finally introduce Sheldon's brother for the first time. Honestly I am not that keen to finally see him especially after all the stories adult Sheldon has told about him over the years but if its going to happen it's going to happen.

Only other possibility I guess is one of Amy's aunt's, but I think likely we will only get Amy's parents. Would it be weird if we only meet say her dad? It kind of would for me.

From the sound of HoIIand's words, I aIso think they were specifically thinking about members of both Amy's and SheIdon's famiIies we have never seen, so it bodes for George Jr and Amy's dad. As you, I think we'II see Amy's parents on Amy's side and Georgie and Mary on SheIdon's side. ProbabIy Laurie won't be abIe to be at the Iive taping due to her conflicting schedule, but I think she wiII be there at some capacity, maybe through Face Time or they wiII pre-tape something during Laurie's free days from her pIay. I can't imagine Mary compIeteIy missing her son's wedding. As for Missy and meemaw, I guess it can't be ruIed out they'II be there...Amy's aunts? I don't think they wiII be there, or at Ieast they won't be centraI in the storyIine, maybe a coupIe of extras  are acknowledged to be her aunts? This wedding is getting more and more crowded!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

From the sound of HoIIand's words, I aIso think they were specifically thinking about members of both Amy's and SheIdon's famiIies we have never seen, so it bodes for George Jr and Amy's dad. As you, I think we'II see Amy's parents on Amy's side and Georgie and Mary on SheIdon's side. ProbabIy Laurie won't be abIe to be at the Iive taping due to her conflicting schedule, but I think she wiII be there at some capacity, maybe through Face Time or they wiII pre-tape something during Laurie's free days from her pIay. I can't imagine Mary compIeteIy missing her son's wedding. As for Missy and meemaw, I guess it can't be ruIed out they'II be there...Amy's aunts? I don't think they wiII be there, or at Ieast they won't be centraI in the storyIine, maybe a coupIe of extras  are acknowledged to be her aunts? This wedding is getting more and more crowded!!!

Although I like having family members there at the weddings ala Lenny, I prefer Howard and Bernadette's wedding with just Mike being seen. Debbi was there, but not seen, just heard. But I will acknowledge family should be there.

• Like 1

If this will indeed be a big wedding it could be that most of the family members will be background dressing (in what will most likely be a pretaped scene). We wouldn't see most of these people ever again anyway so they can go wild and stuff it with production crew members as cameos. lol

The only ones that would be important casting-wise are Amy's dad and Sheldon's brother, and of course whether they bring back the actresses for Amy's mom and Missy. Fingers crossed they can have Laurie fly cross country for this! Not the biggest fan of TBBT Meemaw either but I guess maybe she can stay home because of some health issues or whatever. Or if she's there I wonder if they'll write her more like YS Meemaw??

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

My guess is we meet both of Amy's parents and Sheldon's siblings.  As much as I'd love to see Mary again, I doubt we will due to Laurie's schedule.  And I wouldn't be completely surprised if we see his dad in a dream sequence.  But the one person I do NOT want to see is BBT's version of Meemaw!  I absolutely hated her (the character, not the actress, although I do think she was horribly cast)!  I've become a huge fan of Young Sheldon and the two Meemaws are complete opposites!  Even the last episode of YS, Meemaw told Mary she (meaning Mary) spoils and coddles the kids too much.  BB's Meemaw seemed to be the one that did that.

I do not know how they can do it without Laurie. Mary has already said she'll be there. Short of saying she broke her leg and can't fly or something, which would be ridiculous in my opinion, they have to have Mary even if she only does a few lines.

• Like 3

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

I do not know how they can do it without Laurie. Mary has already said she'll be there. Short of saying she broke her leg and can't fly or something, which would be ridiculous in my opinion, they have to have Mary even if she only does a few lines.

I think they'll manage to find a solution, like pre-taping her scenes....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I think they'll manage to find a solution, like pre-taping her scenes....

Laurie will be doing the play "Three Tall Women" on Broadway which has Sunday 3pm performances, no performances on Mondays and 8pm performances on Tuesdays.

So technically yes, she could fly to LA on Sunday evening and tape on Monday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Laurie will be doing the play "Three Tall Women" on Broadway which has Sunday 3pm performances, no performances on Mondays and 8pm performances on Tuesdays.

That's a lot of flying for just a couple of minutes work. The two questions are: (A) Will she want to fly that much and (B) Will the show want to buy round trip tickets for that short amount of time, when they can pretape her part.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chucky said:

That's a lot of flying for just a couple of minutes work. The two questions are:(A) will she want to fly that much and (B) will the show want to buy round trip tickets for that short amount of time, when they can pretape her part.

The play begins premiers Monday night and is currently scheduled to run through the end of June.  If TBBT wants Laurie at the wedding, this is their only option, IMO.

• Like 7

I can't see them taping the wedding without Laurie, no way.

As for Missy, I vaguely remember Holland saying something about family members we haven't seen in a lot of time, so maybe they are thinking about having her. I liked her a lot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

The play begins premiers Monday night and is currently scheduled to run through the end of June.  If TBBT wants Laurie at the wedding, this is their only option, IMO.

I understand that, still the two questions remain, does she want to fly that much for a short amount of work and dose the show want to spend that much on plane tickets for a couple of minuets work? Her part can be pretaped.

• Like 1

Just now, chucky said:

I understand that, still the two questions remain, does she want to fly that much for a short amount of work and dose the show want to spend that much on plane tickets for a couple of minuets work? Her part can be pretaped.

I'm confused, how can it be pretaped if she's in NYC?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, bfm said:

I can't see them taping the wedding without Laurie, no way.

As for Missy, I vaguely remember Holland saying something about family members we haven't seen in a lot of time, so maybe they are thinking about having her. I liked her a lot.

Personally, I don't care whether she is live or memorex!

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Where's there's a will, there's a way! That's all I'll say on this subject! Have a nice day! :sarcastichand:

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

46 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Yes, that was what i had in mind, i guess her relationship with the show is good enough for her to make the effort. Or, at the very least, mary can attend the wedding virtually, through skype (always pre-taping her lines)

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Pretape her in NYC and email the video.

32 minutes ago, chucky said:

Amy will not want to be married without Mary there. They'll 1)  have to have a redo in Texas with Mary written out of the California one for a plausible reason  2) use another actress of similar appearance wearing a veil for the ceremony or 3) tape L M in New York and use technology to make her seem to be present at the wedding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Pretape her in NYC and email the video.

Amy will not want to be married without Mary there. They'll 1)  have to have a redo in Texas with Mary written out of the California one for a plausible reason  2) use another actress of similar appearance wearing a veil for the ceremony or 3) tape L M in New York and use technology to make her seem to be present at the wedding.

Why not have a redo? Lenny had one and Amy wants what Penny had.

Do you think they could get Ted Wass, who played the father on Blossom, to be Amy's father on TBBT?

On a side note, and I know it couldn't happen because of finances, but because of the Beaches connection I would love to see Bette Midler pop up at the Shamy wedding.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Personally, I don't care whether she is live or memorex!

I think that there are some folks on here that might be too young to get this joke. It's from an old commercial concerning the clearity  of memorex tapes. Hopefully my spelling is correct.

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I think it would be a good idea and more members of the Cooper family could make it.

Just like Lenny's. About 11 more people showed up, including friends and family.

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

I think that there are some folks on here that might be too young to get this joke. It's from an old commercial concerning the clearity  of memorex tapes. Hopefully my spelling is correct.

Just like Lenny's. About 11 more people showed up, including friends and family.

If they'd had another one in New Jersey we could have had Leonard's uncles, and his siblings with their children, plus a few cousins no doubt. With yet another in Nebraska we could have seen Penny's sister and her children, plus her grandparents.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

If they'd had another one in New Jersey we could have had Leonard's uncles, and his siblings with their children, plus a few cousins no doubt. With yet another in Nebraska we could have seen Penny's sister and her children, plus her grandparents.

God, the list can be endless.  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Why are we talking about Lenny on this page?

3 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

Do you think they could get Ted Wass, who played the father on Blossom, to be Amy's father on TBBT?

On a side note, and I know it couldn't happen because of finances, but because of the Beaches connection I would love to see Bette Midler pop up at the Shamy wedding.

I would love that! Or Dustin Hoffman :)

• Like 4

A Re-do has been done before, nothing original about it,

Besides if they wanted to do that i.e. have something small and then a re-do later with everyone invited they would have had them get married at City Hall earlier this season.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

A Re-do has been done before, nothing original about it,

Besides if they wanted to do that, have something small and then a re-do with everyone invited they would have had them got married at City Hall earlier this season.

Agreed. As Sheldon said at City Hall “you want to tell the whole world” ... so I am guessing it will be a big wedding.

And they will probably torture us :icon_wink: with a wedding cliffhanger.

Edited by Silver1984
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

Agreed. As Sheldon said at City Hall “you want to tell the whole world” ... so I am guessing it will be a big wedding.

And they will probably torture us :icon_wink: with a wedding cliffhanger.

No, they won't; Holland has said in a couple of interview we'll definitely see a wedding this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

No, they won't; Holland has said in a couple of interview we'll definitely see a wedding this season.

I know what you are saying, but there is still time yet and he acknowledged that they haven't begun working on the script for that yet. I would much prefer there is no cliffhanger, that's why I would have preferred seeing the wedding before season end to eliminate any possibility whatsoever of a season to season cliffhanger.

• Like 4