[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

27 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Five bedrooms ? That would be a very expensive house on this side of the pond. 

A 5 bedroom house in Pasadena would run $1.7 million - $2.4 million.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's as far as the current contract runs.

The negotiations will begin probably sometime this year. I guess we will see how much the cast wants to return for more. There will be a lot of money to turn down. But they have  a lot of money, if it's been managed properly.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, chucky said:

I think that FWF has no chance for a cliffhanger. Hopefully, we've heard the last of Sheldon and his renting his room. I'd like to see Penny and Leonard move into 3A , since it's available. That way Sheldon and Amy could move into 4A and he's have his work space and won't have to kick Amy out so he could be alone to work.  :icon_biggrin:

They could just move into 3a themselves.  I din’t Get the point.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

They could just move into 3a themselves.  I din’t Get the point.  

The way Sheldon is, I thought it would be easier on him if Lenny moved to 3A and Sheldon back into 4A. Either way would work and would relieve some stress between Leonard and Sheldon.

• Like 2

4A/4B and the haIIway are the onIy permanent sets in the show, and I think it's crucial for the Iogistics that they are across the haII from each other, so no twins apartments at the horizon, IMO. I Iike 4B for Shamy, I know it has some disadvantages, it's a bit too smaII for 2 persons, but I can suspend my disbelieve, as I Iike the sense of intimacy it provides. I don't see any changes in the Iiving arrangements untiI the very end of the show.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

4A/4B and the haIIway are the onIy permanent sets in the show, and I think it's crucial for the Iogistics that they are across the haII from each other, so no twins apartments at the horizon, IMO. I Iike 4B for Shamy, I know it has some disadvantages, it's a bit too smaII for 2 persons, but I can suspend my disbelieve, as I Iike the sense of intimacy it provides. I don't see any changes in the Iiving arrangements untiI the very end of the show.

I've lived with my husband in a small apartment like that for 10 years - it's fine for now. After the wedding though I would love for them to go look for a bigger place.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I don't see any changes in the Iiving arrangements untiI the very end of the show.

That is basically what I meant. Any living arrangements would probably take place next year. Eventually a normal couple would want more space. Right now Shamy is not a normal couple. But you can see that they have a desire for space when Sheldon kicks Amy out so he can work or Sheldon renting his old room to work. I feel the writers are meandering in that direction. Then again, I may be wrong. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

I'm with @mirs1 on this, I think what living arrangements you see now will be there until the end of the show. Of course I would like to see them get a new place once married but the current setup just works for the show/format and I see no reason why it would be changed.

Only way I think we see any moving out from 4A or 4B is if we get more seasons to come than we think, which I think most will agree is highly unlikely. If we get a 13th Season again I think 4A and 4B will be the living locations, but if by some miracle we got more than that then I think an argument can and should be made for moving out both couples.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Only way I think we see any moving out from 4A or 4B is if we get more seasons to come than we think, which I think most will agree is highly unlikely. If we get a 13th Season again I think 4A and 4B will be the living locations, but if by some miracle we got more than that then I think an argument can and should be made for moving out both couples.

I was thinking the same thing with regards to that god damn couch but that didn't happen either. ugh

So yeah, I think they're stuck with the current arrangement until the very end. Searching for a new place could still make a few fun episodes!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

should be made for moving out both couples.

Since as far as we know 3A is still vacant, the easiest move is for Shamy to move there. If not, then Lenny move there. 4B is too small for two people and their belongings. There has been no mention of Amy's furniture. Where are they? Is she still renting her old apartment? Is her furniture in storage? Either way that's costing Amy money. I mean Sheldon is kicking her out so he can work or renting out his old room to work. 4B was perfect for Penny as it was her single person apartment with her husband's furniture across the hall. :scratchhead:

Happy Taping day my fellow Shamies! :)

Not that optimistic we will get that many sweet scenes for our favorite couple in this one. We may get some supportive scenes, perhaps Amy encouraging her fiance running for the position but I expect a scene at the end with Amy and Penny sitting the two guys down and sorting them out after the whole competition escalates and gets ridiculous.

Going into this one with low expectations so maybe I end up being surprised and we get some nice Shamy moments :)

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Going into this one with low expectations so maybe I end up being surprised and we get some nice Shamy moments

If it will make you feel better, we Lenny's have the same concerns and wishes. That probably holds true for all ships. Not just for this episode, but all the rest of the episodes as well.  :icon_wink:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, April said:

I've lived with my husband in a small apartment like that for 10 years - it's fine for now. After the wedding though I would love for them to go look for a bigger place.

Interesting. What do you do when one of you needs to work ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Interesting. What do you do when one of you needs to work ?

Well, we had (and still have in the new apartment) a desk left and right from the telly, much like the setup in 4A. If I were to live in 4B I'd squeeze at least one desk in where the 4th wall is. lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, April said:

Well, we had (and still have in the new apartment) a desk left and right from the telly, much like the setup in 4A. If I were to live in 4B I'd squeeze at least one desk in where the 4th wall is. lol

Good idea. Sheldon and Leonard managed to work doing separate things with each at his own desk.

• Like 1

I'm all for moving the story on, growing and introducing new aspects of their relationship and living arrangements would be included in that (everyone knows on here or should by now judging from my posting history that I am all for forward progress/growth and that is what interests me most lol!) If they were to move out and change set hypothetically to a new place a la Howardette then I would have absolutely no problems with it. You wouldn't see me at all pining for 4B, that undersized bed and that grotty looking couch. I would be praising and welcoming it so much!!!

Honestly they have the built up fan-base and the money and with an end date in sight, they should be bold and just do it! I don't think they would lose millions of viewers if they moved out and somewhere else, as long as you have a story to justify it I think the majority would embrace such a change especially with the end of the horizon in sight for the show.

But they won't lol you know that and I know that.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm all for moving the story on, growing and introducing new aspects of their relationship and living arrangements would be included in that (everyone knows on here or should by now judging from my posting history that I am all for forward progress/growth and that is what interests me most lol!) If they were to move out and change set hypothetically to a new place a la Howardette then I would have absolutely no problems with it. You wouldn't see me at all pining for 4B, that undersized bed and that grotty looking couch. I would be praising and welcoming it so much!!!

Honestly they have the built up fan-base and the money and with an end date in sight, they should be bold and just do it! I don't think they would lose millions of viewers if they moved out and somewhere else, as long as you have a story to justify it I think the majority would embrace such a change especially with the end of the horizon in sight for the show.

I’m all in with you. Especially the part about “going bold” and changing things. If they make it good, it could also lead to further seasons and new stories to tell (if everyone involved in the show agrees of course). Let’s hope :) 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Is it an end date?

I think a flash forward for next season would be great, THEN living arrangements could be changed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Is it an end date?

I think a flash forward for next season would be great, THEN living arrangements could be changed.

I don't see this show going beyond Season 12. I think some will be on board but others will put the kibosh on the idea of doing a 13th Season or beyond.

Depending on how it was done I could see myself either hating or loving the idea of a time jump.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2