The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

On 2018/4/10 at 1:33 AM, Jonny said:

Yes and If they were never going to show/introduce Amy's dad then they IMO should have never mentioned him out of the blue after so many years. As soon as they mentioned he exists and is in Amy's life people were always going to wonder and hope he makes an appearance.

I get what you are saying @MsGreentea but that would be indeed disappointing as @mirs1 pointed out. And considering I don't watch that other show and Amy is by far and away my favorite character, seeing Amy's parents actually for me is way more desired.

Yes, agree with you completely.

I was happy assuming Amy's Dad was dead or left the family or something, but they had to bring him up, and during the proposal, tied in with Hawking, so people were really interested to see her Dad. I know for a fact, that many people around me have been interested to see him since 11X1. So now, I'm intrigued, too. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, veejay said:

sham_113.gif.404619f54961dad6e3c87d3fa0d13a6e.gif

sham_114.gif.593b73a4e1a8bf69f74d5b8ad5b23d7a.gif

...and the best for last (well, this time). Enjoy! :icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks so much for those wonderful Shamy gifs! That last one was a pure gold Shamy moment! <3

Going to watch the episode again!

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Thanks so much for those wonderful Shamy gifs! That last one was a pure gold Shamy moment! <3

Going to watch the episode again!

So do I, right now. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Mayim getting a lot of love from Vulture in this one :)

"What a difference one really great line and some really bad Riverdancing can make. This season of The Big Bang Theory has been pretty by the numbers – the most common number being three, as in lots of three-star rated episodes. But one of the best lines of dialogue in TBBT history and some fine physical comedy from Mayim Bialik elevate this one up a whole star."

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/the-big-bang-theory-recap-season-11-episode-20.html

Oh, Leonard's tomato-eating comment was GREAT.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, shamymania said:

Mayim was just awesome the whole episode.  

She has perfect comedic timing.

11 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I was happy assuming Amy's Dad was dead or left the family or something, but they had to bring him up, and during the proposal, tied in with Hawking, so people were really interested to see her Dad. I know for a fact, that many people around me have been interested to see him since 11X1. So now, I'm intrigued, too. 

I must be the odd one out. I'm not interested in seeing anymore family of any kind. I don't want to waste a few minutes of a 18 minute show on people we will never see again. If she's pointing out relatives to the rest of the gang and making a few funny comments about them that would be fine. But I don't want to see them. I just do not care about them at all.

• Like 2

Shamy were so great in this episode! I think my favourite part is the way Sheldon said he misses Amy...I thought it would be more of a Moment but I guess it goes to show that it's just how things are now - he misses Amy so he has to go back home, no big deal. My other favourite part is in Jonny's gif. A very intimate gesture.

• Like 8

On 13/04/2018 at 2:30 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Honestly, I thought for a minute they were going to break them up and I was getting steamed about it.

My concern was that one or both of them might get shit-faced and kiss (or worse) someone else.

On 13/04/2018 at 11:31 PM, Sah said:

I want to see Sheldon worried about Amy not using protection.

I haven't seen the episode yet, so I'm a little confused by this statement.

Are you saying that, Sheldon thought Amy might have sex with a stranger, on her Hen Night?

On 13/04/2018 at 8:07 AM, veejay said:

a_0113.gif.983692cd12250d132f6374e53e084aaf.gif 

Mayim is brilliant at playing hungover Amy.

The-Agreement-Dissection-300x169.png

5x08-The-Isolation-Permutation-the-big-b

On 13/04/2018 at 9:53 AM, veejay said:

sham_113.gif.404619f54961dad6e3c87d3fa0d13a6e.gif

That is so sweet. :) 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

My concern was that one or both of them might get shit-faced and kiss (or worse) someone else.

Are you saying that, Sheldon thought Amy might have sex with a stranger, on her Hen Night?

No, when you see you will find it funny and sweet :)

The protection against what is discussed in some posts further back if you really want to know exactly.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The-Agreement-Dissection-300x169.png

5x08-The-Isolation-Permutation-the-big-b

She was a little taken aback by the suggestion of 'protection' for a moment. He was actually referring to suncream because he thought she might be going out of doors and getting her sensitive skin burnt.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That is just so unbelievable sweet and cute.

BTW: Who wears their watch to bed?

LOL I really don’t know! But they seem to wear watches to bed all the time, and I still can’t figure out why. Could this be considered as one of the shamystyle quirks??

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ShamyymahS said:

LOL I really don’t know! But they seem to wear watches to bed all the time, and I still can’t figure out why. Could this be considered as one of the shamystyle quirks??

It could be. Tbh I tend to focus more into their goodness to each other in those bed moments. Shamy intimacy interactions are really some of my favourite things from tbbt <3

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ShamyymahS said:

Perhaps it's a fitness and sleep tracker, or a phone.  Who needs a watch for the time these days ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps it's a fitness and sleep tracker, or a phone.  Who needs a watch for the time these days ? 

Many people, especially people from Sciences. I used to wear watch all time, I have just stopped to wear because my wrist joint issues. Who works on labs need a watch for count time of many lab experiences and smart phones must not be used in lab rooms. Nowdays I use a chronometer when I am working and need counting time precisely in some experiences.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Many people, especially people from Sciences. I used to wear watch all time, I have just stopped to wear because my wrist joint issues. Who works on labs need a watch for count time of many lab experiences and smart phones must not be used in lab rooms. Nowadays I use a chronometer when I am working and need counting time precisely in some experiences.

Thanks. I didn't know this. I don't want to think how long it is since I've been in a lab. We used watches then of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps it's a fitness and sleep tracker, or a phone.

Nope. It's definitely the digital watch she wears all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Thanks. I didn't know this. I don't want to think how long it is since I've been in a lab. We used watches then of course.

You're welcome. Watches suit Shamy and being Sheldon someone who love schedules, he would not forget to use his all time :)

• Like 5