The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Someone commented on Mayim's IG rehearsal post the following...

Saturday night in Orlando @missmayim said “anything that can be on a dress... [will be]” also “big hair and fake eye lashes”

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Someone commented on Mayim's IG rehearsal post the following...

Saturday night in Orlando @missmayim said “anything that can be on a dress... [will be]” also “big hair and fake eye lashes”

Okay, things are getting scary now. :scratchhead:

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

Okay, things are getting scary now. :scratchhead:

WeIcome to my worId! Things don't bode weII for that wedding dress! I just hope it's Mayim exaggerating because she doesn't Iike "elaborated" dresses (so to speak) very much! That "anything can be on a dress" reminded me the wedding dress Carrie wore in Sex and the City-the movie, with a huge bIue bird in her hair, ahahah!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

WeIcome to my worId! Things don't bode weII for that wedding dress! I just hope it's Mayim exaggerating because she doesn't Iike "elaborated" dresses (so to speak) very much! That "anything can be on a dress" reminded me the wedding dress Carrie wore in Sex and the City-the movie, with a huge bIue bird in her hair, ahahah!

Good lord!Please no, lol!!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Haha 4

I'm reminded of Hugo and Alice's wedding in The Vicar of Dibley. The wedding trappings were so outlandish that Jim, the friend who was giving her away, had a sign on his back reading for those who didn't know, 'I'm not Alice's father'.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Oh Christ, not the Marie Antoinette look.  I so want Amy to look lovely on her wedding day, and here you imply there might be wildlife involved. i am despondent now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm guessing Mayim was talking about the dress we'll see in 11x22..I still find it puzzling that the writers revealed it before the wedding so....

Maybe it's not the dress she ends up wearing....maybe her mom turns up with Amy's grandmother's stunningly beautiful dress and asks her to wear it in her memory....

OK..I'm desperately clutching at straws here!!!!

• Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1

2 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

Ack. On the wedding day, she simply must wear the original, she must!

I agree. It is not the same tiara. I think this one is being used just for rehersal purposes. The original is probably being cleaned up and guarded to prevent any mishaps. I will cry if the original tiera is not used for the wedding. I think it has sentimental value to the fans. Amy as well.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

I'm not so sure it's not the same, actually. It looks pretty much like it - just from a slightly different angle and tucked into messier hair (as opposed to being in Amy's sleek hair seen slightly from above). Little tweaks on camera angles can change a lot. Does somebody have a closer look from the original??

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, April said:

I'm not so sure it's not the same, actually. It looks pretty much like it - just from a slightly different angle and tucked into messier hair (as opposed to being in Amy's sleek hair seen slightly from above). Little tweaks on camera angles can change a lot. Does somebody have a closer look from the original??

Here is a view from Howardette's unsuccessful City Hall wedding: 

http://media.tumblr.com/9ed202d276c91b6a6decfa53a3bea626/tumblr_mgqaj3rwLM1s2mx7ho3_250.gif

And here is from going to the tea room with the girls:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/76/30/6a/76306a3f189d58fe59a219c30fd1c1f4.jpg

Edited by GivesAWhit
Wrong caption
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

“You’re wise and you smell like books. You really are the whole package.”

Such a Sheldon compliment...lol

What a wonderful thing to say to a woman - As minor collectors of old books, that went straight to our hearts, my wife and I. How well matched Shamy are, quirks and all.

Edited by GivesAWhit
  • Like 7
  • Koala Face 2

Just now, GivesAWhit said:

What a wonderful thing to say to a woman - As minor collectors of old books, that went straight to our hearts, my wife and I. How well matched Shamy are, quirks and all.

They are perfect for each other, the writers did an amazing job bringing these characters along to where we are now.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GivesAWhit said:

Here is a view from Howardette's unsuccessful City Hall wedding: 

http://media.tumblr.com/9ed202d276c91b6a6decfa53a3bea626/tumblr_mgqaj3rwLM1s2mx7ho3_250.gif

And here is from going to the tea room with the girls:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/76/30/6a/76306a3f189d58fe59a219c30fd1c1f4.jpg

Thanks!

Compared to Mayim's selfie it looks like the same tiara to me. Again, details like camera angle and studio lighting can give a slightly different impression but the shape and size seems to be the same.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, April said:

Thanks!

Compared to Mayim's selfie it looks like the same tiara to me. Again, details like camera angle and studio lighting can give a slightly different impression but the shape and size seems to be the same.

I agree after a second look...

• Like 1

I loved them so much in this episode! Their interactions in 4b are exactly how I want them to be in their marriage for the rest of the show. Also Mayim was hilarious!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I've watched tonight's episode through twice and I don't understand something.

Five years ago Amy might have wanted lessons in getting to like DC comics because she needed ways to keep Sheldon's attention on her. 

But what was tonight's little venture all about ? What am I not getting ?

• Like 3

I loved so much Shamy in this episode! Their interactions are getting  even stronger and so married kind, it only miss the wedding bands on their fingers :)

The Sheldon 's quote about books was so from the heart. Amy's smile was bright like the sun :wub:

And again Mayim hit the nail what is comedy concerned. Her interaction in comic store with Denise was hilarious and that comic thrown at tag was priceless. Shades of old Amy in good measure, lol! 

Btw I enjoyed jealous Amy. Because it was not a jealousy for another woman as Amy is secure about Sheldon 's feelings for her. Amy wanted to be more into something that makes Sheldon so excited and at same time intrigues her how he could , lol!

These two really fill my heart of good feelings and vibes! <3

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I thought the writers were very clever about writing Amy this episode - "open-minded Amy" and "jealous Amy". I liked her way of suggesting Sheldon to have an open-minded attitude towards Denise. He had a problem, she tried to give him advices.  And then she didn't go to comic book store to have a show down or something with Denise, but she wanted to learn "how to speak with Sheldon using the comic book language", pretend or not, I appreciated her effort here.  In the end, I laughed out loud when Amy threw away her comic book.   BTW, one of my friends guessed right that Amy wouldn't have a show down with Denise, because of what happened with her and Ramona before. LMAO.

That Denise girl, like last week's Dr. Wolcott, played her part very well.   I read that the media thought Denise would be Raj's date at the wedding, I doubt it. I think this Denise girl was just here for this one episode. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

That Denise girl, like last week's Dr. Wolcott, played her part very well.   I read that the media thought Denise would be Raj's date at the wedding, I doubt it. I think this Denise girl was just here for this one episode. 

She is Iisted  as a guest star in the wedding episode too

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

She is Iisted  as a guest star in the wedding episode too

Oh, you are right!! I forgot about her. Glad to see her again!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

Oh, you are right!! I forgot about her. Glad to see her again!!

Me too! I hope she could go as Stuart 's date, not Raj's though.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

But I still doubt Denise could be Raj's date at the wedding, maybe she attends the wedding because she is Sheldon's friend. I guess. 

• Like 3

this episode It was funny yeah it was I 💛 this Denise girl but I don’t like that Sheldon talked about her so much

BUT I CAN’T WAIT TIL NEXT BEAUSE WE FINALLY GET TO 👀 AMY’S WEDDING DRESS

anyway also that whole thing with Sheldon yay and finally we have a Sheldon and Howard scene i haven’t had that since i don’t know how long and the Bernie scenes are the best I 💛 when Amy asked Denise to help he with comics and than at the end she didn’t need it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I've watched tonight's episode through twice and I don't understand something.

Five years ago Amy might have wanted lessons in getting to like DC comics because she needed ways to keep Sheldon's attention on her. 

But what was tonight's little venture all about ? What am I not getting ?

I think this story in last nights episode would have had WAY more impact and potential comedy if it had been done years ago for the reasons you stated. The funny thing is Sheldon knows she hates comics I think he would have absolutely seen through it had he wanted to talk about it some more in the end scene.

But still I thought it provided some nice Shamy moments and Mayim who is on fire these days in terms of comedic expressions further example to shine.

• Like 3