Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11


Recommended Posts

I watched this episode again, and I hate to say it, but I think they wasted Neil Gaiman on this one, which reminded me the Sheldon's birthday party episode, they wasted Adam West on that one. Neil Gaiman was NOT really in the plot, he might as well just be mentioned, no need to show up at the store, and the jokes were not that good too.

I like what they did with Dr. Wolcott last week, and what they did with Denise this week. These two characters really had some fleshed out storylines and their interactions with the main characters were also great, too. 

Which, got me really worried about the wedding episode with all of these guest characters...ummmm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminder: This thread only allows positive discussion about Shamy. If you don't dig the Shamy:  

Time flies when we have fun, it is a universal truth. On 24 th Aug 2016 I made my first post in this forum and it has been a joy to share all my fan love for shamy and for tbbt with you all. Thank you

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

I watched this episode again, and I hate to say it, but I think they wasted Neil Gaiman on this one, which reminded me the Sheldon's birthday party episode, they wasted Adam West on that one. Neil Gaiman was NOT really in the plot, he might as well just be mentioned, no need to show up at the store, and the jokes were not that good too.

I like what they did with Dr. Wolcott last week, and what they did with Denise this week. These two characters really had some fleshed out storylines and their interactions with the main characters were also great, too. 

Which, got me really worried about the wedding episode with all of these guest characters...ummmm.

I am worried about the wedding too is mark gonna play Amy's dad? and Kathy Amy's mom and what about Sheldon's brother I have to say they have to make this wedding PERFECT  and what we (mostly I) Want it to be 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

I watched this episode again, and I hate to say it, but I think they wasted Neil Gaiman on this one, which reminded me the Sheldon's birthday party episode, they wasted Adam West on that one. Neil Gaiman was NOT really in the plot, he might as well just be mentioned, no need to show up at the store, and the jokes were not that good too.

I like what they did with Dr. Wolcott last week, and what they did with Denise this week. These two characters really had some fleshed out storylines and their interactions with the main characters were also great, too. 

Which, got me really worried about the wedding episode with all of these guest characters...ummmm.

I agree on that, Denise character was very well flashed out, but Neil Gaiman wasn't really necessary to the plot. As for the wedding, with so many people there, I don't think all of them will have "equal" opportunity to shine, and actually I don't want them to, since it's Shamy day, they have to shine first and foremost. Mayim in a post said that Hamill has many scenes and plenty of opportunities to show his comedic timing, so I guess the writers are putting his presence in the show at good use. Jerry O'Connell as Georgie, according to the TR,  has had a very powerful episode at hand last week, with great "dramatic" scenes, so I guess in the finale his role could be a little downplayed; I don't expect Missy to play a huge role either. Laurie Metcalf is very busy right now in a play, I think she might be available just in time for taping her own segments, so I don't think she might have many of them. But we already know Mary very well, so very little is necessary to set the scene for her. This leaves Kathy Bates and Teller, we don't know which role are they playing (even if I suspect they might be Amy's parents)  and how big it is.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I agree on that, Denise character was very well flashed out, but Neil Gaiman wasn't really necessary to the plot. As for the wedding, with so many people there, I don't think all of them will have "equal" opportunity to shine, and actually I don't want them to, since it's Shamy day, they have to shine first and foremost. Mayim in a post said that Hamill has many scenes and plenty of opportunities to show his comedic timing, so I guess the writers are putting his presence in the show at good use. Jerry O'Connell as Georgie, according to the TR,  has had a very powerful episode at hand last week, with great "dramatic" scenes, so I guess in the finale his role could be a little downplayed; I don't expect Missy to play a huge role either. Laurie Metcalf is very busy right now in a play, I think she might be available just in time for taping her own segments, so I don't think she might have many of them. But we already know Mary very well, so svery little is necessary to set the scene for her. This leaves Kathy Bates and Teller, we don't know which role are they playing (even if I suspect they might be Amy's parents)  and how big it is.

I HOPE KATHY IS AMY'S MOM AND HAMIL IS HER DAD! and TELLER HER BROTHER? tho I prefer Joey  Lawrence as her brother ( I know he was in blossom that's why I want it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

I HOPE KATHY IS AMY'S MOM AND HAMIL IS HER DAD! and TELLER HER BROTHER? tho I prefer Joey  Lawrence as her brother ( I know he was in blossom that's why I want it)

Teller is 70 years old and, as far as we know, Amy is an only child.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Teller is 70 years old and, as far as we know, Amy is an only child.

If Teller's her brother, that'd make the parents  in their 90's.:sarcastichand:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

But still I thought it provided some nice Shamy moments and Mayim who is on fire these days in terms of comedic expressions further example to shine.

All right. You know I take a slightly different view of Shamy. But that part was excellent pretty rude.  :icon_cheesygrin:

a_0112.gif.71820eb135f01446217b6bf77b7114a5.gif

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking Kathy Bates is definitely Mrs Fowler right now unless something else that comes out says differently or we get news of another casting. The father I really don't know, is Hamill going to play himself is the big question, he may be too much of an icon to play like a parent on this show. But if he's going to be in many scenes according to Mayim is it possible he might play Amy's father? 

I guess the big question is how much we might see of the wedding itself. If Hamill is there to marry Shamy and most of the episode is based around the ceremony then I guess you would see him a lot. He could just be a guest that Sheldon invited, maybe they make some joke about him being out of work or something lol I dunno.

So yeah i'm like 99% sure Bates will play Amy's mother and i'm leaning towards Teller being her father but i'm not sure.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my thought ......Teller doesn't speak, he does magic/illusion it would be interesting//funny (to me) to have Bates/Hamill as Amys parents and Teller as the officiant who doesn't speak and marries them using magic.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoRo said:

Here is my thought ......Teller doesn't speak, he does magic/illusion it would be interesting//funny (to me) to have Bates/Hamill as Amys parents and Teller as the officiant who doesn't speak and marries them using magic.

that would be funny and YESS  Hamil as Amy's dad is the best and Kathy as her mom omg yess 

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Hamill is too big to be Amy's father. One of the possibility of having Hamill in a lot of scenes is one of the storyline in the wedding episode is about Sheldon or the guys trying to convince him to be the officiant for the wedding. I hope its not the case but I'm trying to lower my expectations. It won't ruin my excitement for the wedding though. 

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see how Mark Hamill playing Amy's dad would work. The fact that he's such an iconic part of something the guys love so much, IMO, rules him out of playing anything other than himself. I mean, what would they do, keep telling his character how much he reminds them of Mark Hamill? :icon_cheesygrin:

Also....about the venue, it looks as if the wedding will take place at the Athenaeum after all judging by the background in the pictures posted by JRB. I wonder how that happens? Maybe there's a fire or flood at the planetarium ( assuming that was their second choice ) and someone persuades Kripke to let Shamy have the Athenaeum.

And....i've been looking at the pictures of the tiara and, to me, it looks like the one Mayim's wearing is the one that Sheldon gave to Amy :yes:

  • Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, amethyst said:

I just don't see how Mark Hamill playing Amy's dad would work. The fact that he's such an iconic part of something the guys love so much, IMO, rules him out of playing anything other than himself. I mean, what would they do, keep telling his character how much he reminds them of Mark Hamill? :icon_cheesygrin:

Also....about the venue, it looks as if the wedding will take place at the Athenaeum after all judging by the background in the pictures posted by JRB. I wonder how that happens? Maybe there's a fire or flood at the planetarium ( assuming that was their second choice ) and someone persuades Kripke to let Shamy have the Athenaeum.

And....i've been looking at the pictures of the tiara and, to me, it looks like the one Mayim's wearing is the one that Sheldon gave to Amy :yes:

I think maybe they will cave in to Kripke's demands and have him singing at the wedding for real, because he is going to be at the wedding, so they might as well find something funny for him to do. LMAO.

I know Kripke is not everyone's favourite character, but I think he has been playing a very important role in Shamy's storylines over the years. He was/is Sheldon's arch enemy and he hit on Amy after they broke up. He was the one who told everyone at the campus about Shamy's "sex life". He worked with Amy and caused some trouble between Shamy. 

So, I'm happy to see him at the wedding, and I'm looking forward to some funny moments from him. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, amethyst said:

I just don't see how Mark Hamill playing Amy's dad would work. The fact that he's such an iconic part of something the guys love so much, IMO, rules him out of playing anything other than himself. I mean, what would they do, keep telling his character how much he reminds them of Mark Hamill? :icon_cheesygrin:

And....i've been looking at the pictures of the tiara and, to me, it looks like the one Mayim's wearing is the one that Sheldon gave to Amy :yes:

Happy if it's the same tiara, honestly it's been such a long time since saw it and it doesn't come out that often so I probably wouldn't recognise the detailing. She should absolutely be wearing the same tiara.

Hopefully we learn more about who plays who and their roles soon :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amethyst said:

I just don't see how Mark Hamill playing Amy's dad would work. The fact that he's such an iconic part of something the guys love so much, IMO, rules him out of playing anything other than himself. I mean, what would they do, keep telling his character how much he reminds them of Mark Hamill? :icon_cheesygrin:

Also....about the venue, it looks as if the wedding will take place at the Athenaeum after all judging by the background in the pictures posted by JRB. I wonder how that happens? Maybe there's a fire or flood at the planetarium ( assuming that was their second choice ) and someone persuades Kripke to let Shamy have the Athenaeum.

And....i've been looking at the pictures of the tiara and, to me, it looks like the one Mayim's wearing is the one that Sheldon gave to Amy :yes:

Happy they seem to have ended up getting married at the Atheneum; I know not everybody on this board agreed, but I Iiked very much the Iocation, expeciaIIy because it was a "reaI" one, and very beautifuI no Iess, so I can see on their site how the gardens and the rooms that won't be shown in the episode Iook Iike and actuaIIy picture in my mind every singIe moment in Shamy wedding. StiII unsure why they end up there, maybe they cave to some of Kripke's requests a(sorry @KripkeRules, I hope he doesn't sing!!!) and that's why he got invited in the first pIace. As for the tiara, stiII not 100% convinced, it seems too smaII, even if I recognized it's the same pattern; as Iong as it's the right one for the wedding, no big deaI!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vonmar said:

“You’re wise and you smell like books. You really are the whole package.”

Such a Sheldon compliment...lol

This was my favorite part of the episode...

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all I can think about is the wedding and I am totally ok with it 

it's like making me so excited and scared at the same time because the show is only 30 minute and they have a lot of guess stars and shamy's vows and stuff I am afraid it will not be what a expect you know? and it will make me cry 

I also think George is gonna be there which mean it might not go well

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was an ok episode for me in general. There were things I liked and things I really didn't. I really liked Shamy in this episode. I love their chemistry. I loved Sheldon telling Amy that she was wise, smelled like books and was the total package. I loved Mayim' s reaction, she just beamed.  Amy has been hilarious these past couple episodes. Tonight was no different. The part where she goes to learn about comics grom Denise cracked me up as did when she threw the book in the air when Sheldon told her he was tired of comic book talk. They are in such a great place right now. So happy, so in love. Only 29 days until the wedding!

 

Edited by Sah
Accurate wedding countdown
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sah said:

This was an ok episode for me in general. There were things I liked and things I really didn't. I really liked Shamy in this episode. I love their chemistry. I loved Sheldon telling Amy that she was wise, smelled like books and was the total package. I loved Mayim' s reaction, she just beamed.  Amy has been hilarious these past couple episodes. Tonight was no different. The part where she goes to learn about comics grom Denise cracked me up as did when she threw the book in the air when Sheldon told her he was tired of comic book talk. They are in such a great place right now. So happy, so in love. Only a few more weeks until the wedding!

 

29 DAYS TIL THE WEDDING (I counted)

  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynette Rice is Editor at Large for Entertainment Weekly and author of the article linked below...

From Entertainment Weekly

The Big Bang Theory wedding: Will Amy wear her tiara?

(The video from "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver" tiara scene is included in the article)

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, vonmar said:

Saturday night in Orlando @missmayim said “anything that can be on a dress... [will be]” also “big hair and fake eye lashes”

Sounds like the dress from The Bridesmaids movie. I'm dying to see what they mean.

 

13 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Me too! I hope she could go as Stuart 's date, not Raj's though.

YES! Stuart is overdue for a little success.  Mayim had perfect comedic timing in this ep, especially with Denise.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.