[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Sounds like the dress from The Bridesmaids movie. I'm dying to see what they mean.

I Googled "big ugly wedding dresses" yesterday.  There are some images that you just can't unsee....lol

Edited by vonmar
  • Haha 6

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminder: This thread only allows positive discussion about Shamy. If you don't dig the Shamy:  

Time flies when we have fun, it is a universal truth. On 24 th Aug 2016 I made my first post in this forum and it has been a joy to share all my fan love for shamy and for tbbt with you all. Thank you

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I Googled "big ugly wedding dresses" yesterday.  There are some images that you just can't unsee....lol

Wow indeed! There are some that I just couldn't unsee but I wished I could forget I saw them, LOL!!! *rubbing eyes* :icon_cheesygrin:

Hopefully Amy 's won't belong to that scary wedding dresses club! *crossing tightly all fingers*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Wow indeed! There are some that I just couldn't unsee but I wished I could forget I saw them, LOL!!! *rubbing eyes* :icon_cheesygrin:

Hopefully Amy 's won't belong to that scary wedding dresses club! *crossing tightly all fingers*

I loved penny and Bernie's dresses I think amy will have one too we just have to wait and see in next weeks episode 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jonny said:

I think this story in last nights episode would have had WAY more impact and potential comedy if it had been done years ago for the reasons you stated. The funny thing is Sheldon knows she hates comics I think he would have absolutely seen through it had he wanted to talk about it some more in the end scene.

But still I thought it provided some nice Shamy moments and Mayim who is on fire these days in terms of comedic expressions further example to shine.

19 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I've watched tonight's episode through twice and I don't understand something.

Five years ago Amy might have wanted lessons in getting to like DC comics because she needed ways to keep Sheldon's attention on her. 

But what was tonight's little venture all about ? What am I not getting ?

It would have probably made more sense when they began dating but just this season,  you had Sheldon make the effort to create a  LHOTP themed birthday for Amy.  He didn't have much interest in LHOTP either, yet he did it. So Amy wanting to know about comic books wouldn't have been that bad of an idea, even if she is secure about Sheldon's feelings. It is nice to make effort for each other and sometimes people even pick up their partner''s interests  in movies/books/hobbies/food etc(though that wasn't necessarily the case here). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

My dress (married 16 years) was big, but not ugly:

dress.jpg

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

Nice!

I don't know why nearly ALL are now strapless.  It's not a good look for most people and the bras do weird things.

[Yes, I've watched "Say 'Yes' to the Dress"]

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

It would have probably made more sense when they began dating but just this season,  you had Sheldon make the effort to create a  LHOTP themed birthday for Amy.  He didn't have much interest in LHOTP either, yet he did it. So Amy wanting to know about comic books wouldn't have been that bad of an idea, even if she is secure about Sheldon's feelings. It is nice to make effort for each other and sometimes people even pick up their partner''s interests  in movies/books/hobbies/food etc(though that wasn't necessarily the case here). 

I'm all for taking an interest in your partners hobbies and activities to experience them yourself and see what the appeal is that perhaps you yourself don't get. Not sure comics was the right thing, Amy's opinion on comics is fairly well established here. And she has tried to understand them before, see Bakersfield for example, I'm not sure learning about comics with Sheldon instead of the girls would have made much difference.

Sheldon made the effort with LHOTP and i'm sure Amy has made the effort herself on doing things for Sheldon that she doesn't like herself much over the years but he does enjoy.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

I loved penny and Bernie's dresses I think amy will have one too we just have to wait and see in next weeks episode 

I hated the one Penny wore to Vegas. I don't want to hate Amy's.

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

My dress (married 16 years) was big, but not ugly:

It was not ugly. You were cute. !6 years? Congratulations. I got married in 1981 when those big darned floofy hats were in style. We had my husband's sister and her husband for the attendants.

wedding.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It was not ugly. You were cute. !6 years? Congratulations. I got married in 1981 when those big darned floofy hats were in style. We had my husband's sister and her husband for the attendants.

wedding.jpg

These were lovely dresses too . 

And 37 years of marriage is beautiful as well: congrats! :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

That makes sense. Thank you.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I'm all for taking an interest in your partners hobbies and activities to experience them yourself and see what the appeal is that perhaps you yourself don't get. Not sure comics was the right thing, Amy's opinion on comics is fairly well established here. And she has tried to understand them before, see Bakersfield for example, I'm not sure learning about comics with Sheldon instead of the girls would have made much difference.

Sheldon made the effort with LHOTP and i'm sure Amy has made the effort herself on doing things for Sheldon that she doesn't like herself much over the years but he does enjoy.

I am learning to golf because my boyfriend has such a big interest in it. It is more fun then I imagined it was! 

• Penny Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

wedding.jpg

That triggers a memory for me. I wore one of those hats when  my best friend got married. It was windy and her sister had to stand very close to me in order to hold it down at the back for the photos.

26 minutes ago, Sah said:

I am learning to golf because my boyfriend has such a big interest in it. It is more fun then I imagined it was! 

I've watched my share fair of Sex and the City and Gossip Girl for my ex...In my case, it was torture...LOL. 

• Haha 2

OhhhhKay, this thread has taken a decidedly girlish turn, so I'll throw in a little testosterone. I wore full morning dress for our wedding, yep, proper regalia à la Debrett's. 

Well-fitted and quite comfortable actually, except the tie had a life of its own and tried all day and evening to strangle me.

I think an irate ex must have put out a hit or something on me, and the tie was sent to do me in for marrying another girl. LOL!

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

OhhhhKay, this thread has taken a decidedly girlish turn, so I'll throw in a little testosterone. I wore full morning dress for our wedding, yep, proper regalia à la Debrett's. 

Well-fitted and quite comfortable actually, except the tie had a life of its own and tried all day and evening to strangle me.

I think an irate ex must have put out a hit or something on me, and the tie was sent to do me in for marrying another girl. LOL!

With the top hat? 

1 minute ago, Sah said:

With the top hat? 

Of course, though I'm not much of a hat person and it was my least favourite part of the get-up. It was a bit windy on our wedding day, so I loved how the veil billowed around my beloved's face, while secretly wishing my hat would make like a kite and sail away into the sunset. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Well if we're going to show wedding dresses, here's mine.

IMG_2783.JPG

You, like all the other ladies, look lovely, but come on, we men are being smothered in satin and lace over here! J/K!

Flower girl and ring bearer too eh? Very proper, very nice!

Say, will there be prizes given out in this photo competition? Depending on what they are, I might have to upload one and enter the fray...

• Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1

11 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

You, like all the other ladies, look lovely, but come on, we men are being smothered in satin and lace over here! J/K!

Flower girl and ring bearer too eh? Very proper, very nice!

Say, will there be prizes given out in this photo competition? Depending on what they are, I might have to upload one and enter the fray...

Post away!  We’re about to celebrate the Shamy wedding so if you have one, post a pic of your wedding.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Post away!  We’re about to celebrate the Shamy wedding so if you have one, post a pic of your wedding.

Must of course obtain clearance from the wife first. Will see what I can do...

• Like 1

Ooooh look at all these lovely wedding pics !!! 

I don't care what dress Amy has as long as she loves it & Sheldon does too - not long now till the fabulous day we've all been waiting for !!!!! 

Ok im going to attempt to post my wedding pic....you know me & technology lol ! We got married in 1996 - I was 20 :) 

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

• Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

just so you know I am 16 and there for not married but is it weird I already planned my furture wedding 

Absolutely not!!  I knew what flowers and colors I wanted for my wedding when I was a young girl and that is exactly what I got.  

• Like 4