[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

1 minute ago, kbp said:

It might not be her throat but that what a lot of people are thinking

It could be anything, a problem with her house, a problem with one of her boys...etc.

I'm not going to worry.

• Like 5

no one knows exactly she had on twitter on Friday she had to cancel a book thing in la due to unforeseen personal ciricutamances

Just now, vonmar said:

It could be anything, a problem with her house, a problem with one of her boys...etc.

I'm not going to worry.

Hope so

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

That triggers a memory for me. I wore one of those hats when  my best friend got married. It was windy and her sister had to stand very close to me in order to hold it down at the back for the photos.

My own experiences really made me think about the whole best man/maid of honor thing. Where I lived and where my husband lived you HAD to have relatives in those positions. Your friends could be in the wedding party, but most of the time it was sisters and brothers and cousins. That was standard in our families. Maybe Sheldon was brought up the same way which is why he originally considered George as best man, but then realized he didn't have to invite him at all? I am puzzled by the upcoming ep when I think back to the one where they were choosing attendants.

8 hours ago, Soopysue said:

Ok im going to attempt to post my wedding pic....you know me & technology lol ! We got married in 1996 - I was 20

Was he in a kilt? My oldest daughter's husband wore a kilt in his family tartan to their wedding. I wonder if Sheldon is serious about the uniform under his tux?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

My own experiences really made me think about the whole best man/maid of honor thing. Where I lived and where my husband lived you HAD to have relatives in those positions. Your friends could be in the wedding party, but most of the time it was sisters and brothers and cousins. That was standard in our families. Maybe Sheldon was brought up the same way which is why he originally considered George as best man, but then realized he didn't have to invite him at all? I am puzzled by the upcoming ep when I think back to the one where they were choosing attendants.

Was he in a kilt? My oldest daughter's husband wore a kilt in his family tartan to their wedding. I wonder if Sheldon is serious about the uniform under his tux?

Yes a kilt and tartan plaid too :) it's not the best photo - we look like we just met and shook hands lol !! 

IMG_3287.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

At the wedding I mentioned, the bride's sister and I couldn't be bridesmaids for the ceremony because the church was literally too small. It was over a thousand years old and on a Welsh hillside. There wasn't even room for her dad to walk beside her.

What confuses me about the Shamy wedding guests is the point that Amy didn't know George hadn't been invited. Were they each sending out the invitations separately, or was Sheldon in charge of sending them out like in Lenny's do-over ? In any event, shouldn't they normally have made the list together ?

The traditional way here is for the bride's parents to do the inviting, usually from a list given to them by the couple, but not everybody follows the tradition nowadays, especially if the couple are older.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

At the wedding I mentioned, the bride's sister and I couldn't be bridesmaids for the ceremony because the church was literally too small. It was over a thousand years old and on a Welsh hillside. There wasn't even room for her dad to walk beside her.

What confuses me about the Shamy wedding guests is the point that Amy didn't know George hadn't been invited. Were they each sending out the invitations separately, or was Sheldon in charge of sending them out like in Lenny's do-over ? In any event, shouldn't they normally have made the list together ?

The traditional way here is for the bride's parents to do the inviting, usually from a list given to them by the couple, but not everybody follows the tradition nowadays, especially if the couple are older.

Normally I would expect both bride and groom to know exactly who was invited and coming, they would both sit down and go through the list of people especially if there needs to be say a seating plan at the Athenaeum for the meal afterwards.

Honestly I don't think we will ever know who was in charge of what, who did the invitations etc as the planning has changed a lot over the season in terms of responsibilities and to be fair we have only seen glimpses of it especially when it comes to the bigger decisions.

It's not a biggie for me, but I guess I could see the lack of detail perhaps bugging some lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

Well, it is also unbelievable that, even if they haven't been in speaking terms for 10 years, Georgie scored more than Leonard in the best man chart. Truth is the writers found an idea for introducing a new character and didn't care if that made  little sense considering the pre-existing canon or the way a wedding is organized.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, it is also unbelievable that, even if they haven't been in speaking terms for 10 years, Georgie scored more than Leonard in the best man chart. Truth is the writers found an idea for introducing a new character and didn't care if that made  little sense considering the pre-existing canon or the way a wedding is organized.

It's Sheldon's mother who is twisting his arm on this.

From what I've read, it's NOT Sheldon's idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Normally I would expect both bride and groom to know exactly who was invited and coming, they would both sit down and go through the list of people especially if there needs to be say a seating plan at the Athenaeum for the meal afterwards.

Honestly I don't think we will ever know who was in charge of what, who did the invitations etc as the planning has changed a lot over the season in terms of responsibilities and to be fair we have only seen glimpses of it especially when it comes to the bigger decisions.

It's not a biggie for me, but I guess I could see the lack of detail perhaps bugging some lol

Anything I'm paying for I expect to be done well. Something like this is sloppy and bugs me. Not inviting a sibling to one's wedding is a biggie anywhere. It should have been tackled,or at least referred to, weeks ago at the venue selection and save-the-date card stage at the latest. A discussion could have easily replaced any number of scenes earlier in the season.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's Sheldon's mother who is twisting his arm on this.

From what I've read, it's NOT Sheldon's idea.

Yes, but the scores in the chart depended on tests Sheldon made, so to get his points, Georgie should have interacted with him somehow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, but the scores in the chart depended on tests Sheldon made, so to get his points, Georgie should have interacted with him somehow.

Remind me - what were the scores? I forgot, whoops!

Edited by April
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, April said:

Remind me - what were the scores? I forgot, whoops!

Not at home now, otherwise i would have posted the promo pic I was referring to. I remember that in one of them, Georgie had more points than Leonard. If they really weren't in touch for ten years, he should have had zero points.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Well, it is also unbelievable that, even if they haven't been in speaking terms for 10 years, Georgie scored more than Leonard in the best man chart.

THAT is why I wondered if Sheldon had also grown up with a tradition of choosing relatives like my husband and I did. Honestly, since they split up I only see my best man and maid of honor at other weddings and funerals. We were never close and never will be.

Georgie got 20, Leonard got 5 which was indeed bizarre:

The-Big-Bang-Theory-Season-11-Episode-12-42-bc51.jpg.643ba0a6a398910a36b2c2b1cc9322e0.jpg

27 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Anything I'm paying for I expect to be done well. Something like this is sloppy and bugs me. Not inviting a sibling to one's wedding is a biggie anywhere. It should have been tackled,or at least referred to, weeks ago at the venue selection and save-the-date card stage at the latest. A discussion could have easily replaced any number of scenes earlier in the season.

If I purely went off what Sheldon has said about him for 11 seasons then I can understand why he wasn't invited, obviously because of the other show now and what we will see in 11.23 that decision will probably look extremely harsh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

THAT is why I wondered if Sheldon had also grown up with a tradition of choosing relatives like my husband and I did. Honestly, since they split up I only see my best man and maid of honor at other weddings and funerals. We were never close and never will be.

I think the logic there was to follow a process of choosing to avoid arguments and competitions. 

Good idea!

THAT is why I wondered if Sheldon had also grown up with a tradition of choosing relatives like my husband and I did. 

It seems his mother sure did!

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Yep if they were testing everyone in the study (and they are both scientists, they would want to do it right - subjecting each individual to the same or similar tests) then Georgie would surely have been tested as well?

If he wasn't then how did he get those points? Leonard gave zero frucks during the experiement and as a result got barely any points. If Sheldon wasn't in contact at all with his brother then I don't see how he got 20.

Edited by Jonny

So would Sheldon have been George's best man ? We've not been told yet how many times he married, just that the first time was when he was 19. One of them would have given Missy away and she's been married less than the ten years George and Sheldon are supposed not to have spoken. So, was she missing a brother at her wedding ? 

1 hour ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

27 DAYS TIL THE WEDDING 

Wait... The finale airs May 10th - that makes it 18 days. In story they get married on the 12th - that makes it 20 days. Where is the 27 coming from?

Is it tradition though? I always assumed that groom's for example picking their brothers as their best man was because they are actually best friends, closer than anyone. In most real life examples I've come across in terms of weddings they picked their brothers not due to some fraternal loyalty or family pressure to do so, it's because they are genuinely that close. Not a case of he's my brother therefore he's automatically my best man, though I guess it does happen.

Either way Georgie shouldn't be Sheldon's best man, Leonard is the only candidate I can see.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, April said:

Wait... The finale airs May 10th - that makes it 18 days. In story they get married on the 12th - that makes it 20 days. Where is the 27 coming from?

your right sorry I was going by the time I started counting which was 20

• Like 3